• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 10:59:24 AM
... the worst one EVER!...

Yes, he was.  And the guy who followed him that you voted for was far worse.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 11:01:28 AM
The "Patriot" Act. ::)

Can you take this stuff to the politics threads?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 19, 2018, 11:02:01 AM
Yes, he was.  And the guy who followed him that you voted for was far worse.

Sure, I'll admit that...but only worse in the sense of being way more deviously intelligent than W. I'd like to see them both behind bars.

Jojo

HR reps who need your id and soc security card and say, "So, would you like to come in at 9AM tomorrow?"   .....Sure.  What you like, I like.  I would love to.

Sure I'll get up at 7AM with my morning stiffness and leave my elderly loved one, on one of my last free days to take the risks and frustrations of the standard work commute morning rush hour in a very congested area. Like a man.  Without pay.  Just to present my id.  Guess you don't accept scans.  You got it.  How else can I convenience you?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on April 19, 2018, 11:20:09 PM
HR reps who need your id and soc security card and say, "So, would you like to come in at 9AM tomorrow?"   .....Sure.  What you like, I like.  I would love to.

Sure I'll get up at 7AM with my morning stiffness and leave my elderly loved one, on one of my last free days to take the risks and frustrations of the standard work commute morning rush hour in a very congested area. Like a man.  Without pay.  Just to present my id.  Guess you don't accept scans.  Without pay.  You got it.  How else can I convenience you?

Focus, Jojo! You're all over the map here. So, did you get the job or not? What do you mean without pay?! ???

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 11:23:23 PM
Focus, Jojo! You're all over the map here. So, did you get the job or not? What do you mean without pay?! ???
Im just saying that pre-employment paperwork could be turned in during the afternoon just as well as 9AM, but an applicant will feel obliged to come at 9AM if HR suggests it.

I just dont see the point in getting up at 7AM to deal with the typical morning commute, without pay, to merely submit pre-employment documents.  A saavy HR rep knows you want to enjoy the last free days before shifts begin!

Did i get the job?  I dont know.  This position requires a lot of "pre-employment" navigation, hence, without pay.  I've been excited.  I hope i get it.  But on the other hand, pink collar jobs pay crap, while the high-paying corner offices are literally filled with white males.  I saw them.  Seems like the only women to get close to the top are HR reps.  I want the job, but I am so fed up with low paying jobs.  Where is the real money?!  For the last ten years, wages have rolled back to like 1989 wages, while rents and food are sky-rocketing.

Of course I showed up at 9AM, with a smile.  I'd show up at 5AM if that's what they want.  I would sleep in a Chinese job shack and work back to back shifts if I had to.  People have to get by.  I have to survive.  How low can you go.  Welcome to Little China.  To Little Mexico.  Offshoring has ruined my life, so the 1% can get richer by hiring cheap labor abroad and taking away my jobs!  Putting a burden on the food stamp and unemployment insurance systems here.  I would be better off moving to Guyana, Phillipines, India, or the Carribean, where my jobs went.  I know someone who did leave the country because she couldnt find a job here! Applicants over 40 are at a big disadvantage.

The 1% are so greedy.  They refuse to hire enough people, and then put enormous pressure on the staff they have. One retailer here is required to start helping the next person as soon as the previous consumer starts their pin pad transaction.  What if the pin pad has glare, or you hit the wrong button or need an extra bag or want to know where the restroom is?  What if all your purchases are not in the bag?  What if you arent sure which bags are yours?  Doesnt matter - They have moved on to the next consumer.  They dont even accord dignity when they receive your money!  It is demeaning.  I was raised that when someone pays, you be respectful.  Not to mess with a buyer.  Never to distract someone at the jewelry or guns counter.  But now, a buyer is on their own at the time of payment.  People need a little attention, and you know there is never enough retail staff so basically the only attention possible has been at a register, but now even that human touchbis gone.  What if I have a question, or if my payment is declined, and they are already helping the person behind me!

I'll feel better later, but it is demoralizing not to be able to make ends meet for TEN years.  And you know, Sallie Mae's interest grows about $100/month that whole time, a time during which payments are not possible, so some investor is supposedly exploiting me there, too.  First greedy people take away your jobs, then your home and all you've invested in it over the years, then they zing up your student loans... works for them.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on April 20, 2018, 01:55:12 AM
Im just saying that pre-employment paperwork could be turned in during the afternoon just as well as 9AM, but an applicant will feel obliged to come at 9AM if HR suggests it.

I just dont see the point in getting up at 7AM to deal with the typical morning commute, without pay, to merely submit pre-employment documents.  A saavy HR rep knows you want to enjoy the last free days before shifts begin!

Did i get the job?  I dont know.  This position requires a lot of "pre-employment" navigation, hence, without pay.  I've been excited.  I hope i get it.  But on the other hand, pink collar jobs pay crap, while the high-paying corner offices are literally filled with white males.  I saw them.  Seems like the only women to get close to the top are HR reps.  I want the job, but I am so fed up with low paying jobs.  Where is the real money?!  For the last ten years, wages have rolled back to like 1989 wages, while rents and food are sky-rocketing.

Of course I showed up at 9AM, with a smile.  I'd show up at 5AM if that's what they want.  I would sleep in a Chinese job shack and work back to back shifts if I had to.  People have to get by.  I have to survive.  How low can you go.  Welcome to Little China.  To Little Mexico.  Offshoring has ruined my life, so the 1% can get richer by hiring cheap labor abroad and taking away my jobs!  Putting a burden on the food stamp and unemployment insurance systems here.  I would be better off moving to Guyana, Phillipines, India, or the Carribean, where my jobs went.  I know someone who did leave the country because she couldnt find a job here! Applicants over 40 are at a big disadvantage.

The 1% are so greedy.  They refuse to hire enough people, and then put enormous pressure on the staff they have. One retailer here is required to start helping the next person as soon as the previous consumer starts their pin pad transaction.  What if the pin pad has glare, or you hit the wrong button or need an extra bag or want to know where the restroom is?  What if all your purchases are not in the bag?  What if you arent sure which bags are yours?  Doesnt matter - They have moved on to the next consumer.  They dont even accord dignity when they receive your money!  It is demeaning.  I was raised that when someone pays, you be respectful.  Not to mess with a buyer.  Never to distract someone at the jewelry or guns counter.  But now, a buyer is on their own at the time of payment.  People need a little attention, and you know there is never enough retail staff so basically the only attention possible has been at a register, but now even that human touchbis gone.  What if I have a question, or if my payment is declined, and they are already helping the person behind me!

I'll feel better later, but it is demoralizing not to be able to make ends meet for TEN years.

The reason they want you there early is because they want the eager beavers and that's their way of screening lazy people out. They just want to know that you're capable of getting up early and arriving on time, which of course to them is 15 minutes early that you won't get paid for. I know it's not fair but some commie chick in china is willing to do the same thing for a 10th of what they're willing to pay you and she's also willing to sleep at the factory to get the job.

Jojo

Workforce retraining experts who jump for joy all over the place, jubilant about 14 new jobs opening up in the area.   At minimum wage.  In retail.  At Salvation Army.  W.O.W.  Unbelievable.  The Director said, "This is the best thing we have seen in seasons!"

I dont want to hear it. It is not good news.  Community college cranking out hundreds of grads and cant even employ them.  A racket.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 20, 2018, 02:04:11 AM
The reason they want you there early is because they want the eager beavers and that's their way of screening lazy people out. They just want to know that you're capable of getting up early and arriving on time, which of course to them is 15 minutes early that you won't get paid for. I know it's not fair but some commie chick in china is willing to do the same thing for a 10th of what they're willing to pay you and she's also willing to sleep at the factory to get the job.
The offer was already made.  Screening at that level was complete! I just had to show id and social security card!  This isnt my first rodeo.  9 out of 10 HR reps will say "Just drop off your docs so we can photocopy them during business hours" or offer an afternoon appointment just to be nice.  This particular HR rep just wasnt thinking, or has compulsions.

And you're right, of course i got there early, with a good attitude.  I just said i'd sleep at a factory dorm if i had to.  And i have before.

After watching LOVING VINCENT, cockney accents, especially fake ones. The actors sounded like that annoying kid in high school after he dis covered punk music.

albrecht

Her agent made the typo. Sure she should've reviewed the documents but clearly the intent was to insure the baitshop- not some other address.
https://www.statesman.com/news/hurricane-harvey-bait-shop-owner-insurance-payout-thwarted-typo/WwUlKa2WEghg3eRS0FQKaM/

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on April 21, 2018, 03:25:46 PM
Her agent made the typo. Sure she should've reviewed the documents but clearly the intent was to insure the baitshop- not some other address.
https://www.statesman.com/news/hurricane-harvey-bait-shop-owner-insurance-payout-thwarted-typo/WwUlKa2WEghg3eRS0FQKaM/
If there is a 1950 address, it should be insurance appraised and if the policy would have been totally different, then that is evidence in her favor.  Or she gets a refund.  What if she were blind?

ShayP

When you schedule an appointment. Confirm the appointment days later via email. Show up to the appointment, only to be asked if you have an appointment. Then be told they have no record of said appointment.

Jojo

Quote from: ShayP on April 24, 2018, 03:53:46 PM
When you schedule an appointment. Confirm the appointment days later via email. Show up to the appointment, only to be asked if you have an appointment. Then be told they have no record of said appointment.
Horrible!

Jojo

HR reps who have you for quite awhile but don't tell you where the loo or emergency exit is!

HR reps who act like you're late when you are 10 seconds early!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on April 25, 2018, 12:25:15 AM
HR reps who have you for quite awhile but don't tell you where the loo or emergency exit is!

HR reps who act like you're late when you are 10 seconds early!

10 seconds before your actual appointment time or 10 seconds before 15 minutes before then? That's how those pricks think about it. I know! I know! Why don't they just make the appointment 15 minutes before then? Because then they'd expect you to get there 15 minutes before that. Get it? :D

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on April 24, 2018, 03:53:46 PM
You have NO idea (maybe you do with different situatutions) how some are screwed over by insurance companies, IRS, relief agencies, FEMA, real estate and rehab vultures, contractors, and etc after Harvey or natural disasters, wildfires, and so on. Lots of it because people are uneducated and in dire straits. And don't read- or, on the other hand- think they are smart, or are, but no idea or other business etc.

Jojo

Quote from: albrecht on April 25, 2018, 12:41:27 AM
You have NO idea (maybe you do with different situatutions) how some are screwed over by insurance companies, IRS, relief agencies, FEMA, real estate and rehab vultures, contractors, and etc after Harvey or natural disasters, wildfires, and so on. Lots of it because people are uneducated and in dire straits. And don't read- or, on the other hand- think they are smart, or are, but no idea or other business etc.
This is true.  For a recent unemployment claim, I was asked detailed dates about events occurring up to 10 months ago!  I didnt have those paystubs anymore, there is no room here for extra stuff.  I pieced together the dates using my old calendar and emails, but not everyone saves last year's calendar that long.

Also, to report discrimination, I was asked detailed questions about who and when i reported a work safety issue to.  What day did i tell mgmt?  What day did i tell L&I.  Well, I had kept a log of my actions, but not everyone knows to do that.

Where I bought a home, the FEMA flood maps were totally wrong, out of date.  The realtor and seller lied.

We've all worked or job searched while sick, right?  Well, don't tell that to an adjudicator. Just because I had a cold a couple days one week, she refused to pay me for the entire week.  I still don't understand her reasoning.  I've always worked when I had a cold.  My job provided sick leave, but if you used it, you got into trouble.  So having a cold did not impact my willingness or ability to work or search for work.  Being a dislocated worker due to offshoring, that claim lasted 2.5 years (as was happening to a lot of people when claims were being extended around 2008).   2.5 years of serious job search, for which i was held accountable, with no sick leave and no holidays and no vacation days... For about 130 weeks, and that wretched woman wouldn't allow me to have a cold for three days one week.

Jojo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 25, 2018, 12:35:35 AM
10 seconds before your actual appointment time or 10 seconds before 15 minutes before then? That's how those pricks think about it. I know! I know! Why don't they just make the appointment 15 minutes before then? Because then they'd expect you to get there 15 minutes before that. Get it? :D
I dont mind being a little early, but they dont want us there any more than five minutes early (I know, surprising).  So i have like a five minute window of appropriate time to arrive.  Very constraining.  Maybe I'll get a better feel for this later when im not new.  I could sit in my car i guess.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jojo on April 26, 2018, 07:23:37 AM
I dont mind being a little early, but they dont want us there any more than five minutes early (I know, surprising).  So i have like a five minute window of appropriate time to arrive.  Very constraining.  Maybe I'll get a better feel for this later when im not new.  I could sit in my car i guess.

Bring your pad and work on your screenplay exposing all this hypocrisy during that time. An act of revenge right in front of them...and they'll never know. ;)

Jojo

Employers that pay not too well and expect an unemployed person (after two interviews and three things like drug tests) to commute for:

30-minute visit for paperwork
1.5 hour orientation
1 hour paperwork double check

Seems like the asterisk items could be combined.  All my other employers never asked me to come in for less than a shift!

Jojo

Employers who say, "And you'll meet management", when they only mean a video and the HR lead...

Jojo

Employers who take forever to fill positions, then tell you on Friday at 3PM after your final paperwork visit that your first training shift will start that night at Midnight into Saturday.

And then change their mind to Sunday.

And then change their mind to Don't Call Us We'll Call You!

Jojo

Employers who don't include any ice breakers or personal background sharing or interaction at all between new hires at orientation.

Jojo

Employers who give you a three-ring binder with a bunch of papers in it, but only one paper is hole punched.

Who give you a legal pad and tell you to take really good notes, instead of three ring paper for the binder, with tabs or sticky tabs.

Who give you a pretty and traditional card, but don't envelope it.

Jojo

Who ply you at every visit with water but don't show you the restroom.

Who say an area where residents live is quarantined shut because the flu "got into the building".  What a bunch of hogwash.  If the building stinks, get UV light in there, install sky lights (daylight kills germs, and tey have the money), turn up the ventilation, open windows and doors, turn up the heat, and get some purifiers.  Duh.  And clean it!  I didn't smell Lysol or Ozium or anything!

Making employees get flu shots because airing out and cleaning the building is not part of their paradigm.

Who insist you get a flu shot long last flu season!  All the way up the chain of command!  Only to find out from the head nurse flu season ended weeks ago and shots are not required until next year.  Okeeeee, no communication?!

Jojo

When you call a business lost, close by, asking for directions and they say, "Don't you have GPS?"

Businesses who say, "We are on the right" without giving any points of reference or knowing which way you are driving!

Roads that change names (twice) without signage at the start of the change.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Jojo on April 28, 2018, 10:24:56 PM
Employers that pay not too well and expect an unemployed person (after two interviews and three things like drug tests) to commute for:

30-minute visit for paperwork
1.5 hour orientation
1 hour paperwork double check

Seems like the asterisk items could be combined.  All my other employers never asked me to come in for less than a shift!

Employers who say, "And you'll meet management", when they only mean a video and the HR lead...

Employers who take forever to fill positions, then tell you on Friday at 3PM after your final paperwork visit that your first training shift will start that night at Midnight into Saturday.

And then change their mind to Sunday.

And then change their mind to Don't Call Us We'll Call You!

Employers who don't include any ice breakers or personal background sharing or interaction at all between new hires at orientation.

Employers who give you a three-ring binder with a bunch of papers in it, but only one paper is hole punched.

Who give you a legal pad and tell you to take really good notes, instead of three ring paper for the binder, with tabs or sticky tabs.

Who give you a pretty and traditional card, but don't envelope it.

Who ply you at every visit with water but don't show you the restroom.

Who say an area where residents live is quarantined shut because the flu "got into the building".  What a bunch of hogwash.  If the building stinks, get UV light in there, install sky lights (daylight kills germs, and tey have the money), turn up the ventilation, open windows and doors, turn up the heat, and get some purifiers.  Duh.  And clean it!  I didn't smell Lysol or Ozium or anything!

Making employees get flu shots because airing out and cleaning the building is not part of their paradigm.

Who insist you get a flu shot long last flu season!  All the way up the chain of command!  Only to find out from the head nurse flu season ended weeks ago and shots are not required until next year.  Okeeeee, no communication?!

When you call a business lost, close by, asking for directions and they say, "Don't you have GPS?"

Businesses who say, "We are on the right" without giving any points of reference or knowing which way you are driving!

Roads that change names (twice) without signage at the start of the change.

It sounds like you would do better working for yourself, young lady. Best of luck!

Jojo

Quote from: Azzerae on April 29, 2018, 06:44:01 AM
It sounds like you would do better working for yourself, young lady. Best of luck!
I did clean homes, and was an independent sales contractor.

I like working for someone else, though.  These rants are just par for the course...

If I ever get off my back, what kind of small business do you think would be profitable and with the keast customer complaints, and preferanly not open to the general public.  Ideas??