• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

Started by VictoriaPandora, April 30, 2011, 11:37:35 AM

Chine

Quote from: brig on November 07, 2016, 06:21:54 PM
I LOVE the rants!

Heh  8) You don't get anxious? Maybe it's because I like to doze off while listening and then once he gets going, my eyes pop open. The dog jumps and barks back at him. Then all hell breaks loose.

albrecht

Quote from: brig on November 07, 2016, 06:21:54 PM
I LOVE the rants!
So do I, but his is not a show for trying to drift off to sleep- with the rants and jarring bumper music/movie/radio quotes medleys, which I used to hate but now don't mind.

ItsOver

Quote from: Chine on November 07, 2016, 06:56:14 PM
Heh  8) You don't get anxious? Maybe it's because I like to doze off while listening and then once he gets going, my eyes pop open. The dog jumps and barks back at him. Then all hell breaks loose.
Similar here.  It's hard to doze off when Clyde launches into a rant about some meme concerning some obtuse mythology or fantasy.  I feel like I'm locked-up with these guys.

Chine

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2016, 07:07:42 PM
So do I, but his is not a show for trying to drift off to sleep- with the rants and jarring bumper music/movie/radio quotes medleys, which I used to hate but now don't mind.

Hey...Didn't say I don't love it. I do love the show, I am quite comfortable most the time and enjoy him. Yes, I can doze off to it in fact. Called in a few times and spoke with Clyde as well. It's just sometimes there may be a night that the rant may be much and I'm not up for it.

Anyhow. I got stuck in the midst of Trump's rally today. Stuck! Like the kids in Jurassic Park trapped in the Jeep as the TRex swipes it's nose over my windshield!

albrecht

Quote from: Chine on November 07, 2016, 07:13:40 PM
Hey...Didn't say I don't love it. I do love the show, I am quite comfortable most the time and enjoy him. Yes, I can doze off to it in fact. Called in a few times and spoke with Clyde as well. It's just sometimes there may be a night that the rant may be much and I'm not up for it.

Anyhow. I got stuck in the midst of Trump's rally today. Stuck! Like the kids in Jurassic Park trapped in the Jeep as the TRex swipes it's nose over my windshield!
Cool, but yeah he attracts a large crowd. At first I didn't like Clyde because of his intros/bumpers (they seem also to be louder than the show like how cable tv used to make the ads louder than the show you were watching) so if listening and others are asleep or trying to drift off it is alarming.  But I liked it, like everything hits and misses sometimes, but when he gets on a subject he knows about or a good guest it is great stuff (even if I don't buy into many of his theories etc.)

Chine

Quote from: albrecht on November 07, 2016, 07:25:30 PM
Cool, but yeah he attracts a large crowd. At first I didn't like Clyde because of his intros/bumpers (they seem also to be louder than the show like how cable tv used to make the ads louder than the show you were watching) so if listening and others are asleep or trying to drift off it is alarming.  But I liked it, like everything hits and misses sometimes, but when he gets on a subject he knows about or a good guest it is great stuff (even if I don't buy into many of his theories etc.)

It's great that now he had then uploaded in iTunes. Lately, I only follow a couple of shows. Depending on subject / guest.

What is the audio of ... Is it Godzilla? Or another monster that screams during the intro? I forget the name of it. I kinda like it.

yes it's Godzilla. "The Loud Speaker Spoke up and said Ground Zero" is from Negativland's Christianity Is Stupid.

Negativland was a big influence on Clyde and they're the inspiration for the audio collages everybody seems to hate. I actually like them and prefer them to Abba or that get right back song for the millionth time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gPSSYxex0
NSFW

Chine

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on November 08, 2016, 09:39:08 AM
yes it's Godzilla. "The Loud Speaker Spoke up and said Ground Zero" is from Negativland's Christianity Is Stupid.

Negativland was a big influence on Clyde and they're the inspiration for the audio collages everybody seems to hate. I actually like them and prefer them to Abba or that get right back song for the millionth time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6gPSSYxex0
NSFW

Hey, thanks for posting this. That's really insteresting. When I started listening to Ground Zero (maybe.. 3 years ago)I thought "whaattt the heck is this?" but eventually I got hooked on it and absolutely love it.

Lilith

I'm thinking Clyde should be good tonight.

Chine

Quote from: brig on November 09, 2016, 09:38:02 PM
I'm thinking Clyde should be good tonight.

I'm listening now, catching the first hour on his station. It's interesting so far. He's discussing the protests and well... All of it.

Lilith

Quote from: Chine on November 09, 2016, 09:40:39 PM
I'm listening now, catching the first hour on his station. It's interesting so far. He's discussing the protests and well... All of it.

Good to see you're listening as well Chine  :)

Chine

Quote from: brig on November 09, 2016, 09:52:31 PM

Good to see you're listening as well Chine  :)

I'm curious of your thoughts on this one. Hmm.

Lilith

Quote from: Chine on November 09, 2016, 09:57:28 PM
I'm curious of your thoughts on this one. Hmm.

I'll just say that I'm glad Hilary lost.  I don't expect anything to be painless from here on out.

Chine

Quote from: brig on November 09, 2016, 10:01:34 PM
I'll just say that I'm glad Hilary lost.  I don't expect anything to be painless from here on out.

Same here, Brig. Clyde is like a cute fuzzy bear with a sensitive heart... Until someone sets him off on his Facebook. Ha.

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on November 09, 2016, 10:01:34 PM

It always hurts to pull a sliver out. 

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on November 09, 2016, 10:08:27 PM
It always hurts to pull a sliver out.

Yup, No pain no gain.  If it doesn't hurt, you're not getting anything done.

you know Clyde's triggered when he pulls out the douche-canoe/clown shoes insult

Chine

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on November 10, 2016, 10:18:11 AM
you know Clyde's triggered when he pulls out the douche-canoe/clown shoes insult

Haha. I fell asleep and didn't finish listening. I woke up to hearing Noory and turned it off.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on November 07, 2016, 07:11:08 PM
Similar here.  It's hard to doze off when Clyde launches into a rant about some meme concerning some obtuse mythology or fantasy.  I feel like I'm locked-up with these guys.

Those guys were cool though.  8)

Lilith

Oh this is interesting about the media. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on November 17, 2016, 12:14:23 AM
Oh this is interesting about the media.

My local station only carries the first two hours, then they switch to C2C

Chine

Quote from: brigâ,,¢ on November 17, 2016, 12:28:47 AM
I listen live here:

http://www.kxl.com/shows/ground-zero-clyde-lewis/?listen-live=true

Same here. Also, you can find the full three hours on some radio stations on iHeart. He comes on at 10 pm. I believe you can find those stations with all three hours listed on his site.

However, you won't miss that much if you miss the first hour. He pretty much repeats the same ideas in the second hour.

The 'Fakebook' Facebook news of altering the election info, news and censorship was fascinating and pissed me off. Good show. A lot that I wasn't fully aware of. Or rather, didn't give greater thought to. Hmm.

droog

Quote from: Chine on November 09, 2016, 10:07:18 PM

Same here, Brig. Clyde is like a cute fuzzy bear with a sensitive heart... Until someone sets him off on his Facebook. Ha.
I love it when he gets the giggles.  Very endearing.

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on November 10, 2016, 10:18:11 AM

Ass clown this ass clown that. He loved 90s WWF insults like no one recalls the rock back in the 90s.

Dr. MD MD

I was just listening to Clyde discuss the new media filtering with Peter Davenport who said, "I trust Zuckerberg. He's a smart businessman and isn't going to do anything to alienate his user base by filtering the news."  :D

I have so much less respect for Clyde now.  :(

the_peeve

The Mothman? Supposed to be tonight.