• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

Started by VictoriaPandora, April 30, 2011, 11:37:35 AM

bigchucka

Quote from: bateman on February 19, 2014, 10:39:06 PM
Yeah, I'm just not following the logic of it.

610 WTVN.  Columbus, OH.  He's on for an hour midnight to one am.  I would imagine if his show got dropped, it was because someone heard the show, decided they were "offended", called the program director, and threw a fit.

some old granny's searching the dial for Dr Hypochondrias funtime advice hour and suddenly she's hearing chixwithdix this and hermaphrodite that... the next thing you know the stations flooded with a whopping 8 calls so the PD takes the easy route and presses the eject button and replaces Clyde with John Tesh

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on February 24, 2014, 09:46:00 PM
Cool show tonight.

I've had nothing but dead air tonight.  I've tried listening through my TuneIn on my Kindle, which is how I usually listen, and now on my laptop directly from KXL's site.  I get nothing.  ???

ItsOver

I caught a few hours of Clyde last night, including one hour from the KXL site.  Not bad, as he talked about mysterious radio broadcasts.  If Clyde can stay calm and focused, he's not bad at all.  If I were PremRad, I'd just cancel C2C and play all 5 hours of "Ground Zero," and repeat as required.  He certainly beats a certain unfocused and unprepared host.

I've said before that when Clyde is good he's GOOD

last night was GOOD.. Number stations creep me out

ItsOver

Yes, on both points.  The supposed Russian station which might be a status signal concerning Russian nukes is a chilling example.  It's like something from "The Twilight Zone" or "Fail Safe."  The recording that was possibly of a Russian woman cosmonaut meeting her demise was haunting, although it's validity is questionable, according to some internet sites.  Clyde can certainly spin some creepy stuff at times and draw in a listener. 

FallenSeraph

Quote from: HorrorRetro on February 24, 2014, 09:59:01 PM
I've had nothing but dead air tonight.  I've tried listening through my TuneIn on my Kindle, which is how I usually listen, and now on my laptop directly from KXL's site.  I get nothing.  ???

Weird, because he was talking about how this is happening to a lot of people!

I've pretty much completely ditched C2C and switched to Ground Zero. When the real show is over, I set my podcast app to play older shows. Nighttime radio is halfway decent again. I don't agree with half the stuff Clyde says, but it's fun to pretend.

albrecht

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 25, 2014, 06:53:12 AM

Last month I was able to get some numbers stations on my Shortwave, in Spanish so I assume were the Cuban ones. I recall some Cubans busted a few years ago and also some Russian spy ring. Spies still, apparently, use the SW number stations for some activity or instruction because it is cheap (for spy on ground) and very hard, if not impossible, to be located. I'm going to download the episode "number stations" and the radio signal for the missiles going "off-line" or changing are interesting to me.

b_dubb

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 25, 2014, 06:53:12 AM

Did you see the movie with John Cusack?  A good flick from what I recall.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 25, 2014, 08:55:41 AM
Weird, because he was talking about how this is happening to a lot of people!

It was strange. I normally don't have any issues with getting his show. It was odd that his stream was down for so many people when the subject of the show was radio anomalies.  :o  I finally caught the last few hours, first on KOGO and then on KXL.  It was a fantastic show!  I love hearing about numbers stations.  The recordings of the Soviet cosmonauts who knew they were going to die on reentry were hard to listen to.  Very sad.  :(

qaddisin

This is a link to the Conet Project, a comprehensive collection of number station broadcasts:

https://archive.org/details/ird059

It can certainly be quite creepy.

albrecht

Quote from: qaddisin on February 25, 2014, 12:13:48 PM
This is a link to the Conet Project, a comprehensive collection of number station broadcasts:

https://archive.org/details/ird059

It can certainly be quite creepy.
Awesome, I'm going to check that out. I think I heard the more modern Cuban station numbers because after the numbers it sounded like a digital signal for a a few seconds. Then static. Then numbers and then digital signal. Then static. Then it either went away or my little SW radio lost the signal.

HorrorRetro

Clyde was just talking about balls of light and booms that were heard here in the Pacific Northwest last night.  I experienced it as well. Around 10 p.m., I heard this incredible explosion that lasted for maybe 5 seconds and then a shorter one. Honestly, it was so powerful I thought Mt. Rainier had exploded. Both the dogs and I flew out of bed to check it out, and I saw nothing.  People are saying it was lightning, but I immediately checked the radars and there were no strikes anywhere around us.  I've lived in both Kansas and Oklahoma and experienced severe T-storms, and this did not sound like thunder at all.  :o

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 06, 2014, 09:55:36 PM
Clyde was just talking about balls of light and booms that were heard here in the Pacific Northwest last night.  I experienced it as well. Around 10 p.m., I heard this incredible explosion that lasted for maybe 5 seconds and then a shorter one. Honestly, it was so powerful I thought Mt. Rainier had exploded. Both the dogs and I flew out of bed to check it out, and I saw nothing.  People are saying it was lightning, but I immediately checked the radars and there were no strikes anywhere around us.  I've lived in both Kansas and Oklahoma and experienced severe T-storms, and this did not sound like thunder at all.  :o

Keep us posted on what this was. It sounds like a true mystery.

mikealden

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 06, 2014, 09:55:36 PM

Is that what that was? I thought I heard something around then. I'm in the area as well.

Mels-hole1984

Very thought provoking program tonight. I wish more people around here would give Clyde a chance.

bigchucka

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on March 07, 2014, 11:16:19 PM
Very thought provoking program tonight. I wish more people around here would give Clyde a chance.

I usually do.  Especially when Coast sounds to be boring as hell.

Clyde is better than Noory and its not even close.

I haven't listened to him in awhile though. I been on a John B wells kick. Which is odd, because I though Wells was horrid on C2C. But on his podcast he does not feel as restrained by Premier. Wells is much better on Caravan to Midnight, the early audio issues he had are seemingly resolved now too.

HorrorRetro

Clyde has been really good lately. When he's focused on a subject, he's really good. I'm particularly interested in Hanford, as I live in WA, and I have family just east of there.  I've long suspected the high rate of birth defects I saw in Spokane were directly related to Hanford.

albrecht

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 07, 2014, 11:39:07 PM
Clyde has been really good lately. When he's focused on a subject, he's really good. I'm particularly interested in Hanford, as I live in WA, and I have family just east of there.  I've long suspected the high rate of birth defects I saw in Spokane were directly related to Hanford.

I'm worried about that dam on the Columbia River one dam up from the Hanford site where they found a 65-ft crack. Now they say that the crack "fixed itself". Wtf?
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/65-foot-long-crack-washington-dam-repairs-itself-n45606

HorrorRetro

Quote from: albrecht on March 08, 2014, 02:45:43 PM
I'm worried about that dam on the Columbia River one dam up from the Hanford site where they found a 65-ft crack. Now they say that the crack "fixed itself". Wtf?
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/65-foot-long-crack-washington-dam-repairs-itself-n45606

Yeah, I know. There's some really weird stuff going on over there. No one seems to be managing the problems. Whistle blowers are being fired.  It's not a good situation at all.

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 07, 2014, 11:39:07 PM

Yes, recently, I've found about every other show has been pretty good.  He can really excel when he's dealing with just the paranormal.  Although not on a regular basis, I believe he's had LMH on his show and when Clyde is interested in what I'd call an "LMH-type story," he can a spin a very decent show.  I just lose interest when's he's off on politics, some world event covered by the main stream media, memes, or an emotional rant.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ItsOver on March 08, 2014, 07:27:37 PM
Yes, recently, I've found about every other show has been pretty good.  He can really excel when he's dealing with just the paranormal.  Although not on a regular basis, I believe he's had LMH on his show and when Clyde is interested in what I'd call an "LMH-type story," he can a spin a very decent show.  I just lose interest when's he's off on politics, some world event covered by the main stream media, memes, or an emotional rant.

Yeah, his meme obsession and his sobbing episodes cause me to turn the channel.

albrecht

Quote from: HorrorRetro on March 08, 2014, 07:35:18 PM
Yeah, his meme obsession and his sobbing episodes cause me to turn the channel.
Though, I think, he seems to actually believe his stuff/concerns when he goes off the rails, in contrast to some other people who seem to rant/cry about everything little thing and on cue (or a certain someone who doesn't even seem to be listening to the guest). I don't mind if someone shows some emotion if they believe it. I don't like it when it is fakery or for show.
ps: What Have They Done To Solange? is a great movie. Not sure why it is hard to find and not more popular. Shocking and good movie.
pps: the dam issue is weird and more scary but I'm hoping that the "it fixed itself" is just for the press whilst they do fix it. And get some more money and manpower for Hanford site. That deserves more $$ than wars or foreign aid (or even our domestic aid programs.) That stuff gets into the Columbia, the aquifer, etc....

HorrorRetro

Quote from: albrecht on March 08, 2014, 09:12:54 PM
ps: What Have They Done To Solange? is a great movie. Not sure why it is hard to find and not more popular. Shocking and good movie.

It is a great movie. I love many of the giallo movies from the '70s. Dario Argento is one of my favorite directors/screenwriters.

Mels-hole1984

Clydes out to left field tonight. What the fuck am I supposed to do with bit coin?

Don't you think Art would have done a bitcoin show by now if he were still on the air?

ItsOver

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 13, 2014, 11:15:49 AM
Don't you think Art would have done a bitcoin show by now if he were still on the air?

Maybe, maybe not.  I'm sure Art would have discussed the subject to some extent.  I tuned to Clyde last night but I didn't last long since I wasn't interested in bitcoin.  I want something a little freakier when I listen.  I can get that every night with Noory but unfortunately it's the host that's the freak.  :P

HorrorRetro

Last night was an off night for Clyde. I listened for a few hours, but it wasn't something I was really interested in.