• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

Started by VictoriaPandora, April 30, 2011, 11:37:35 AM

Quote from: bateman on January 29, 2014, 05:48:00 PM
I have Fr. Maginot scheduled for this weekend.  8)

Please, PLEASE, ask him why he thinks a clumsy bike trip warranted the belief that demons were trying to hurt him. I don't get it.
Clyde Lewis' interview with the police chief convinced me a LOT more than the exorcist's interview on Dave Schrader

bateman

Quote from: HorrorReporter on January 30, 2014, 01:51:18 PM
Please, PLEASE, ask him why he thinks a clumsy bike trip warranted the belief that demons were trying to hurt him. I don't get it.
Clyde Lewis' interview with the police chief convinced me a LOT more than the exorcist's interview on Dave Schrader

He was already on with Schrader? I will ask him though.

Quote from: bateman on January 29, 2014, 05:48:00 PM
I have Fr. Maginot scheduled for this weekend.  8)

Fantastic! I'll be listening.

gringomisio

Quote from: bateman on January 30, 2014, 05:06:04 PM
He was already on with Schrader? I will ask him though.

I would say it wasn't the best interview as he kind of wandered.  Try to keep him on topic!

UKGuy

I really like some of the paranormal stuff he does and loved his 'ghostbox' show.

But I just cannot STAND the weird and psychotic sounding interludes he plays during breaks. They are just fucking weird and ridiculously negative... I would rather listen to adverts and tend to switch off when I have to listen to them.

FallenSeraph

Sometimes I feel like they should rename this show "Why is Clyde Lewis crying NOW?"

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 04, 2014, 11:15:01 PM
Sometimes I feel like they should rename this show "Why is Clyde Lewis crying NOW?"

What was he crying about?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 04, 2014, 11:15:01 PM

No kidding.  If you have to sob every other show, it's time for some mood stabilizers.  I haven't listened for a few days.  I caught a few minutes of his post-Superbowl show and turned it off as soon as he started going on and on about how it was all an Illuminati production with hidden messages in everything, right down to Bruno Mars' name.  ::)

ItsOver

Clyde shouldn't do a show unless he has a guest or two.  When he's all be himself, it's usually welcome aboard the crazy train.

gbneely

Quote from: ItsOver on February 05, 2014, 12:57:26 PM
Clyde shouldn't do a show unless he has a guest or two.  When he's all be himself, it's usually welcome aboard the crazy train.

I couldn't agree more. When he has a guest to keep him focused, Clyde is awesome. If he doesn't, the show normally devolves into a stream of consciousness train wreck.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on February 05, 2014, 12:03:40 PM
What was he crying about?

I don't even know. I had it on in the background while I was reading a book and suddenly I heard the trembly voice. I might go back and listen to the podcast today.

FallenSeraph

Clyde's talking to a guy who sounds like Felonius Gru from "Despicable Me." Awesome.  :)

[attachimg=1]

albrecht

Did anyone listen to the interview with Daniel Estulin on GroundZero? Great show. Interesting how guests are with an interested and good interviewer. You can listen to the same guest on C2C, RedIce, Dark Weekend, Alex Jones,or GroundZero and get a whole new perspective. They even act differently sometimes, talk about different material, or give more information out. A guest can be horrible on one show and very interesting on another.

FallenSeraph

Clyde's talking UFOs tonight. His guest is Peter Davenport. Pretty cool show.

ItsOver

Yes, I agree.  It's prerecorded but it's good.

FallenSeraph

Quote from: ItsOver on February 18, 2014, 10:37:46 PM
Yes, I agree.  It's prerecorded but it's good.

DOH, you're right. I just caught that. Shoot, I hope Clyde isn't having kidney problems again.  :-\

Noorynoid

I like Clyde very much and thanks to BellGab I found him on the web, I love the way he speaks with callers, his sincerity is real.

Mgs1986

I really dig ground zero, He is just being himself and stressing his concerns, the best one was the zodiac episode...jesus that episode made me change my mind about ground zero.

wr250

clyde is another premier radio employee. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 18, 2014, 10:56:30 PM
DOH, you're right. I just caught that. Shoot, I hope Clyde isn't having kidney problems again.  :-\
I hope so, too.  When Davenport got to the terrifying story of the Pennsylvania man who was apparently abducted, butchered, and dumped in some trees, I realized I'd heard the show before.  It was worth listening to again.  That story was really mortifying. 

When Clyde isn't having one of his manic episodes, he can be very good and the closest to Art these days when he has a good topic, especially with a decent guest.  Last night's show was one of those. 

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ItsOver on February 19, 2014, 07:11:53 AM
I hope so, too.  When Davenport got to the terrifying story of the Pennsylvania man who was apparently abducted, butchered, and dumped in some trees, I realized I'd heard the show before.  It was worth listening to again.  That story was really mortifying. 

That's exactly where they were when I turned it on last night.  I knew it had to be a replay, but I listened again.  It's such a scary story.

mikealden

Judging by his twitter it looks like he might have been taken off the air last night due to some things he said on Friday about the transgender community. Looks like 6 stations already dropped him.

albrecht

Quote from: mikealden on February 19, 2014, 02:04:53 PM
Judging by his twitter it looks like he might have been taken off the air last night due to some things he said on Friday about the transgender community. Looks like 6 stations already dropped him.
Odd. I heard a bit of that show and it seemed to me that he was very sympathetic to the tranny community and was bending over backwards to say that gender is not a binary situation. Weird that they would protest it, but I didn't catch whole show.

bateman

Quote from: mikealden on February 19, 2014, 02:04:53 PM

Seriously?

bateman

That doesn't make much sense. He was defending them, yet was thrown off..? Did he call them "trannies", maybe that was it?

ItsOver

Clyde's on live tonight.  He hasn't commented on the mentioned "controversy."  He did say he was at a local Portland event last night, hence the replay. 

bigchucka

Quote from: bateman on February 19, 2014, 09:08:03 PM
That doesn't make much sense. He was defending them, yet was thrown off..? Did he call them "trannies", maybe that was it?

Wonder if he'll still be on 610.  I heard before that outside of San Fransisco,  Columbus is one of the largest LGBT cities.

bateman

Quote from: bigchucka on February 19, 2014, 10:36:22 PM
Wonder if he'll still be on 610.  I heard before that outside of San Fransisco,  Columbus is one of the largest LGBT cities.

Yeah, I'm just not following the logic of it.