• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

Started by VictoriaPandora, April 30, 2011, 11:37:35 AM

Tara

Clyde Lewis of Ground Zero is certainly more entertaining and knowledgeable than George Noory, but I wonder if his appeal would be strong enough for the 500+ C2C stations.

I've listened to him several times and he goes full bore on the conspiracy theories; thinks aliens are actually here on earth to eat humans, appears to be a Prepper, believes Bin Laden's been dead since 2001, alleged Navy Seal take down was a fake, etc.  Not everyone's cup of tea.  Can he attract day in and day out a large enough radio audience?   

kf5iwe

Only one way to find out. I mean they hired George , didn't they? And whats wrong with being prepared? I live in hurricane country.  End of 2013, bye George

Tara

Only one negative if Lewis replaces Noory.  I now get Ground Zero podcasts for free, but I'd have to pay for his C2C podcasts.  Life's a trade-off. 

Eddie Coyle

It certainly could happen. The sooner the better, but I doubt it will be in 2013...but let's hope for the best.

Morgus

Quote from: kf5iwe on January 01, 2013, 05:41:51 PM
I predict by the end of 2013
Clyde Lewis is carried on the same Premiere Radio Network on many stations for a few hours before c2c comes on, so they are not competitors in the eyes of the network bosses.
So they would probably not ever replace one with the other when they have both on back to back.  8)

onan

I think it's obvious that it will happen fast. As soon as p[remier realises that everyone is listening to Clyde for five hours and night online and ignoring George.
It seems like a natural progression.
I am trying to listen to a C2C right this minute, and I just wanna scream, ALRIGHT ALREADY BIGFOOT IS REAL, PLEASE GOD JUST LET IT BE OVER.
Seriously, there are plenty of interesting things happening in the world. The planet is more fascinating than ever because we have access to total infomation. People want to hear about it and talk about it.
I am looking forward to the day when Art Bell comes on Clydes show and thanks him for paying attention to shit!

ItsOver

For years, the two local AM stations which broadcast C2C would rebroadcast several hours of the previous night's C2C, prior to that night's C2C show.  Then, with no prior announcement, "Ground Zero" with Clyde Lewis shows up on both local stations, instead of the C2C rebroadcast.  Why was the C2C rebroadcast good enough for PremRat and local stations for years and now it isn't?   PremRat didn't just start broadcasting "Ground Zero" without a reason.  It's all about the dollars and obviously C2C isn't pulling in the bucks like it had in the past, at least the C2C rebroadcast isn't cutting it anymore.  I never thought I'd be quoting Jorch, but "sumpn's go'n on out there."

ItsOver

Anybody else hear Bill from West Hartford call Clyde last night?  Just in case anybody on the planet hadn't heard yet, Bill had to inform everybody he was an atheist.  Poor Bill didn't have a chance to get in his amateur astronomer status.  It quickly turned into a fight, with Bill telling Clyde he needed mental help and Clyde calling Bill a coward.  At least it wasn't milk-toast Noory letting Bill go on and on, while Jorch flossed his teeth.    I think "Ground Zero" will be one less radio show Bill will be calling.

Ben Shockley

Wow-- see, I haven't been around here in a while:

Quote from: b_dubb on January 01, 2013, 07:33:37 PM
right turn Clyde
1) good suggestion that whatever that Clyde Lewis is doing is further far-out-Right than Noory
2) as always, I like the Clint-movie references
3) do you all know that that poor orangutan in the "Which Way" movies was killed by it's trainer?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ItsOver on February 06, 2013, 11:01:22 PM
Anybody else hear Bill from West Hartford call Clyde last night?  Just in case anybody on the planet hadn't heard yet, Bill had to inform everybody he was an atheist.  Poor Bill didn't have a chance to get in his amateur astronomer status.  It quickly turned into a fight, with Bill telling Clyde he needed mental help and Clyde calling Bill a coward.  At least it wasn't milk-toast Noory letting Bill go on and on, while Jorch flossed his teeth.    I think "Ground Zero" will be one less radio show Bill will be calling.
I didn't hear that, but last night I heard Clyde mention a Bill in New York and a run-in he had with him the previous night.  I wondered if he meant Bill in West Hartford, but I dismissed it as a coincidence.  I did hear the call last night from the woman who claimed that Clyde needed mental help and then Clyde called her a stupid bitch.  ;D  That was entertaining.

ItsOver

I missed that last night.  When Clyde had his encounter with Bill, he was in to the call about a minute or so before I realized it was the infamous Bill from West Hartford.  When he started dwelling oh his atheism is when he nailed himself.  Clyde tangling with Bill was "interesting."  ;)

Elflord

Hello fellow coastgabber,the lovers of elflord and the haters of elflord. How are you today? It will be soon that Mr Clyde Lewis will take over from Snoory. Cylde does have a different style then Comrade Noory and The Real Art Bell. The jury is still out about Clyde in my book but so far he is better then George The Lame ass Host. The real question is Cylde Lewis ready for the Radio Campfire like Mr Art Bell? Is he at the same level of a story teller like Art Bell? Cylde is better story teller then George Snoory at the radio campfire. I hope that my fans and haters enjoy my two cents for now.

kf5iwe

Quote from: ItsOver on February 06, 2013, 11:01:22 PM
On no that bastard tries to call in every night. Clyde does not take any of his shit though:O

kf5iwe

Quote from: HorrorRetro on February 07, 2013, 05:05:26 PM
I didn't hear that, but last night I heard Clyde mention a Bill in New York and a run-in he had with him the previous night.  I wondered if he meant Bill in West Hartford, but I dismissed it as a coincidence.  I did hear the call last night from the woman who claimed that Clyde needed mental help and then Clyde called her a stupid bitch.  ;D  That was entertaining.
Yes the callers name was Peggy, forget where she was from. Clyde did not take her shit ethier :) When you call Ground Zero you better have your facts straight. I did miis Art After the meteor explosion

ItsOver

Quote from: kf5iwe on February 17, 2013, 01:45:36 PM
On no that bastard tries to call in every night. Clyde does not take any of his shit though:O

Bill got through a couple of nights ago and was expounding upon meteors.  It was a much more amiable exchange, with Clyde acknowledging his "regular" caller status.  It's hard for me to believe Bill is a so-called paid professional caller and more likely just an amateur pest but how does somebody like him continually get on C2C AND Ground Zero while other callers claim they've been trying for years?  Is it just Bill's charming ways?  ::) 

On another note, I've been hearing more and more Ground Zero callers telling Clyde his show is much better than C2C.  It doesn't take much to be better but it's interesting to hear callers specifically call-out Noory's lame crap fest.

Usagi

So, I listened to the whole February 18th show (with Bruce Campbell) and rather enjoyed it!  This was a renewed attempt after a more or less false start to listening to him on my part.  Wow... an actual conversation with callers and the guest.  What a novel concept.  Also, I liked his rambly introduction before the guest - sure as hell beats Jorch's soulless recitations of generic internet headlines and child deaths.

Clyde's no Art, but thankfully, he also isn't a Jorch Noaree.  Perhaps I'll listen live tonight to see if my opinion still stands.  The less politics, the better, although I don't know if I'll get my wish... when politics are mixed with my entertainment, well let's just say, in the words of MV, I'm faint of heart.

ItsOver

I listened last night with Bruce Campbell.  I agree, it was rather entertaining and Campbell was a hoot and obviously having a good time.  Definitely much better than anything with Noory.  Clyde is pretty good when he's got an interesting guest like Campbell.  If only he'd do this most of the time since I don't get into all the far out conspiracy stuff, rants, and "meme" fantasies and I get enough of politics during the day.

Usagi

That, and considering he is out of Portland, I should listen simply out of Northwest pride.

Cascadia Now!

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Usagi on February 19, 2013, 10:10:46 PM
That, and considering he is out of Portland, I should listen simply out of Northwest pride.

Cascadia Now!

Do you watch Portlandia?  There are some funny skits on that show.  I think a lot of them can be applied to the Seattle area.   ;D

Usagi

Quote from: HorrorRetro on February 19, 2013, 11:01:44 PM
Do you watch Portlandia?  There are some funny skits on that show.  I think a lot of them can be applied to the Seattle area.   ;D

Of course!  How could I not... since it's utterly true.  I go to Portland whenever possible.  Mary's and Powell's?  Please... my idea of heaven.

Portland.  Where the dream of the 90's never died and young people go to retire.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Usagi on February 19, 2013, 11:06:59 PM

Of course!  How could I not... since it's utterly true.  I go to Portland whenever possible.  Mary's and Powell's?  Please... my idea of heaven.

Portland.  Where the dream of the 90's never died and young people go to retire.

It's been a few years since I spent any time in Portland.  I think we'll head over there next month.  My favorite Portlandia episode is the Battlestar Galactica one -- just one more episode?

Usagi

Quote from: HorrorRetro on February 19, 2013, 11:14:05 PM

It's been a few years since I spent any time in Portland.  I think we'll head over there next month.  My favorite Portlandia episode is the Battlestar Galactica one -- just one more episode?

See?  That's truth right there.

Also, you know you live in a superior region when a serious local news outlet posts this for amusement while their website it down:

http://www.camp666.com/washington.htm

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Usagi on February 19, 2013, 11:29:17 PM

See?  That's truth right there.

Also, you know you live in a superior region when a serious local news outlet posts this for amusement while their website it down:

http://www.camp666.com/washington.htm

;D   Great site! 

I love this quote, "Mount Rainier is majestic as fuck. It rises from the Earth like a middle finger to the other forty-nine states." 

I never tire of seeing the mountain.   8)

Larkin

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 22, 2012, 03:11:05 PM
I've been listening to Clyde a bit more over the past week.  While he still tends to ramble on and on, he did have an interesting topic last night, the lost colony of Roanoke.  I didn't listen to the whole show, but it was interesting and he's clearly more intellectually curious than Noory.  It was a decent show.

He had a great interview with MIchael Rooker of THe WAlking Dead the other night.  and he is really on top of breaking paranormal news.  if you dont compare him to Art, he almost fits the bill.  could do without the rants, but theyre not that often.  I'm hoping he'll tone those down.