• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

Started by VictoriaPandora, April 30, 2011, 11:37:35 AM

I'm in the Los Angeles area, and there is no Clyde. I find this strange considering how big LA is.
The only signal is from San Diego and it is a very weak signal.

bigchucka

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 21, 2014, 01:00:38 AM
I'm in the Los Angeles area, and there is no Clyde. I find this strange considering how big LA is.

I DL his shows from SoundCloud, or sometimes stream it live... KXL Portland?  I know the link is on his website....  His show isn't restrictive on live streaming like Coast tries to be...

Quote from: bottomfeederareus on June 21, 2014, 12:27:48 AM
We should doing something to remove Snoory and put in Clyde on coast.

Yes the polished turd ( lewis) is better than the steaming smelly turd (noory).

albrecht

Quote from: bigchucka on June 21, 2014, 12:24:50 AM
Clyde puts out better shows than Noory does.  They're most "host and caller" driven though... I bet Clyde could do a better job with the guest pool than George does...

Another thing I like is you can get GZ for free on SoundCloud...
Clyde would do a MUCH better job if he could get the guest pool than George does. That isn't saying much. But as GZ gains more stations I'm guessing he will, if he wants, get more solid guests. He does get some good ones now. And I'm guessing couldn't put up with some of the regular George Norry guests who are frauds, uneducated, or boring.
My only worry is he is talking an "internet tv" show these days or live stream stuff. I like radio to be radio. Maybe check out their website for a particular pic (like Art with Hoagland) but for the main content to be audio.

paladin1991

Caught part of Ground Zero yesterday on the drive home.  Picked up KOGO SandyEggo up here in Anaheim.  Liked it.  Will have to seek out more of Clyde Lewis.
Fema?  Camps?  Who knew?

paladin1991

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 21, 2014, 01:00:38 AM
Saw on his page that there is supposed to be an LA source, 1250 am, IIRC.

El Kragen

He had a decent show the other day about Bigfoot. There were some pretty good audio clips. Could be fake but IDC. It sounded cool. I had to tune out once the guest left because Clyde was getting too fired up talking to the first caller. He likes to argue and seems to take everything personally.

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 08, 2014, 04:52:53 AM
Saw on his page that there is supposed to be an LA source, 1250 am, IIRC.

Thanks for this Paladin. It turns out the station is from the Yucca Valley area. I was able to pick it up in my car, but not at my house. This is the same situation as KOGO, so I just use KOGO if I am in my car.
My house (in Orange County actually) isn't that great for either station, but of the two KOGO is the stronger signal.

The Yucca Valley station only has Clyde from 9pm to 10pm, and KOGO carries the full show.

paladin1991

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on July 12, 2014, 12:03:07 AM
Thanks for this Paladin. It turns out the station is from the Yucca Valley area. I was able to pick it up in my car, but not at my house. This is the same situation as KOGO, so I just use KOGO if I am in my car.
My house (in Orange County actually) isn't that great for either station, but of the two KOGO is the stronger signal.

The Yucca Valley station only has Clyde from 9pm to 10pm, and KOGO carries the full show.
I'm in Anacrime.  In the shadow of the mouse.  I can't pick them up in my house either.  It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

is the 4 shows/week schedule permanent ?

albrecht

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 14, 2014, 12:18:04 AM
I'm in Anacrime.  In the shadow of the mouse.  I can't pick them up in my house either.  It's a conspiracy, I tell you.
I've had similar, especially for baseball games on my AM. Clyde and C2C is on a strong flamethrower AM station so I almost never have issue hearing them. But on the other AM channels they often power down at night (around 7pm usually) because, in theory, reception should be better at night I guess. And FCC licenses are different. But being in FEMA Region VI instead I will get Mexican stations that bleed into our low power AM. But also sometimes in my truck I'll get a strong signal. Then go inside (or even outside with a transistor radio) and can't get signal. I guess truck itself is an antennae?

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on July 19, 2014, 04:28:43 PM
I've had similar, especially for baseball games on my AM. Clyde and C2C is on a strong flamethrower AM station so I almost never have issue hearing them. But on the other AM channels they often power down at night (around 7pm usually) because, in theory, reception should be better at night I guess. And FCC licenses are different. But being in FEMA Region VI instead I will get Mexican stations that bleed into our low power AM. But also sometimes in my truck I'll get a strong signal. Then go inside (or even outside with a transistor radio) and can't get signal. I guess truck itself is an antennae?

i have a 10,000W flame thrower station about 20 miles away. about 1/2 hr after sundown they go directional. i cant get them at that point. at all. not in my truck ,not in my house ,nothing. but i can carry them to LA (~400 miles) , once i get west of them.

albrecht

Quote from: wr250 on July 19, 2014, 04:37:14 PM
i have a 10,000W flame thrower station about 20 miles away. about 1/2 hr after sundown they go directional. i cant get them at that point. at all. not in my truck ,not in my house ,nothing. but i can carry them to LA (~400 miles) , once i get west of them.
Wow. I'm not a good radio tech guy (will rely on old Art shows or others on this site for that) but that seems weird. Though I owned a condo once where I could not get any AM signal and no cell phone coverage, despite two cell towers within 2 miles (one only 4 blocks away.) Remind yourself when buying or even renting places basics like "do I get coverage." It becomes annoying!

Cell phone carrier kept saying the construction of condo, being in a valley with some cliffs around over the golf course,  and high-tension power-line about a 1/4 mile away, and "odd coincidence" that being between two towers explained it. According to them the cell phone issue was the two close proximity towers, somehow, caused the phone to keep switching between them and thus not really "connecting" to anyone long enough to make a call. I don't know. Sounds suspicious to me but I checked on my real old Nokia (the kind that would tell you what carrier/tower you were connected too and it did switch between two bankrupt carriers, I guess the towers were initially owned by one company but bought out by the big boys but their signal still carried the old name- on the older phones where you could see that.)

Re: AM I guess the cliffs and high-tension power lines but who knows? Move the radio a little bit and the internal ferrite antennae would pick up a AM station from 150 miles away but not my local AM playing same show?

Clyde is back in the hospital. This time with a blood clots in the lungs. Hope he gets better.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 01, 2014, 05:09:33 AM
Clyde is back in the hospital. This time with a blood clots in the lungs. Hope he gets better.

Indeed he is. More nights of bad radio, unless Dave Schrader can save us.
I really feel bad for Lewis. But by God he is a fighter..
https://www.facebook.com/groundzeroradio/posts/10152270938512102

HorrorRetro

Clyde is out of the hospital again. He returned to the hospital on Thurs or Fri for some chest pain, but he's out now and is supposed to be back on the air tomorrow.

Chine

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 14, 2014, 05:05:48 PM
Clyde is out of the hospital again. He returned to the hospital on Thurs or Fri for some chest pain, but he's out now and is supposed to be back on the air tomorrow.

He really has had many health scares, hasn't he? I haven't listened to his show in a year. But, sometimes will glance over on his Facebook page. Glad he's okay.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Chine on September 14, 2014, 05:41:32 PM
He really has had many health scares, hasn't he? I haven't listened to his show in a year. But, sometimes will glance over on his Facebook page. Glad he's okay.

Yeah, he's been put through the wringer lately, but he always pulls himself together and gets back to work. I think he lives pretty modestly, so work seems like it's a necessity for him, not just a hobby. I usually listen several times a week, for at least part of the show.

Morgus

Clyde came on c2cam with Noory for a few minutes early last week to thank Noory and his listeners for their prayers while he was in the hospital...

HorrorRetro

Here's an article about Clyde and his show. Art is mentioned in the article as well.

http://www.paranoiamagazine.com/2012/11/clyde-lewis-denizen-of-the-darkness/

pyewacket

Some guy named Michael just called Clyde to tell him he needs to be more like Noory!  :o Clyde said something to the effect that Coast can talk about anything on a given time while Clyde has to study what he talks about on his show and work on a progression in his topics. Something like that- I'm not that familiar with Clyde but he sounded like he was making an effort to be diplomatic about it.

albrecht

Quote from: pyewacket on September 22, 2014, 09:35:50 PM
Some guy named Michael just called Clyde to tell him he needs to be more like Noory!  :o Clyde said something to the effect that Coast can talk about anything on a given time while Clyde has to study what he talks about on his show and work on a progression in his topics. Something like that- I'm not that familiar with Clyde but he sounded like he was making an effort to be diplomatic about it.
Wow! No, Clyde does not need to be like Norry. Well, maybe he does to get the "big time slot" in the twisted money-loosing world of AM radio syndication but not to keep an audience. I, frankly, don't like his going refering to the internet too-much, or some new signup thing on internet one can do,  in some shows and also his intros (a little jarring) but I like his interest and passion for the subjects and taking on callers. Even if I don't agree with all his stuff and I don't like him going- too far- into the whole numbers and numerology stuff. But do like his knowledge of ancient and modern religions and symbolism etc. And has interesting back-ground and real-life experiences (I think Mormon originally, lived in South America during Troubles, lots of health problems, etc actually experienced some different cultures and problems.)

pyewacket

Quote from: albrecht on September 22, 2014, 09:47:31 PM
Wow! No, Clyde does not need to be like Norry. Well, maybe he does to get the "big time slot" in the twisted money-loosing world of AM radio syndication but not to keep an audience. I, frankly, don't like his going refering to the internet too-much, or some new signup thing on internet one can do,  in some shows and also his intros (a little jarring) but I like his interest and passion for the subjects and taking on callers. Even if I don't agree with all his stuff and I don't like him going- too far- into the whole numbers and numerology stuff. But do like his knowledge of ancient and modern religions and symbolism etc. And has interesting back-ground and real-life experiences (I think Mormon originally, lived in South America during Troubles, lots of health problems, etc actually experienced some different cultures and problems.)

I like him, too. I also don't agree with everything he does, but I can appreciate his effort and passion. He does have many life experiences and is not vague when he talks about them. His show is not boring and he is engaged in the subject matter. We don't want him forming bad, lazy habits.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: pyewacket on September 22, 2014, 09:55:13 PM
I like him, too. I also don't agree with everything he does, but I can appreciate his effort and passion. He does have many life experiences and is not vague when he talks about them. His show is not boring and he is engaged in the subject matter. We don't want him forming bad, lazy habits.  ;)
I agree and also feel bad for his health problems (no matter if true or not of cause etc.) But I like his passion and still ability to take callers (even on some VERY personal things, like "callers" who hold to Norry-style beliefs about cancer cures etc.) Why I also like, Alex Jones, sometimes. Even if I don't buy into it sometimes I like a good rant if the person believes it. Who wouldn't be ranting if they really thought "world was over" by some plot, or my life was over? Or the numbers/symbols agree etc? It is, oddly, logical, to think that once you have a basic thinking system that way but oddly not maybe rational. I agree with your other comment re: mental cases on C2C etc. To me, the difference is that I like "crazy callers" or guests if they believe it but if it not "full on" crazy (like will harm themselves or others.) For example, and I know it is a fine line, but a general "them" or Russians, or "government". even "demons", or course of history, elites, etc versus "that guy", "Obama", "Bush", "my son-in-law", "my neighbor" etc are out to kill me now type of thing. Or this "implant" in my spine now I "have to get out", etc. So, I guess, the immediate threat crazies I don't like but don't mind the more general UFO, conspiracy, or whatever "theory" crazies. Though I understand that they could be dangerous for others to hear but probably not any worse than various religions, government propaganda, corporate marketing, etc in the past or currently over-all (maybe?)

pyewacket

albrecht- I can see your point of view. If people are passionate about a subject other than hate/fear inspiring topics, it can be fun. Sometimes they make a pretty good argument.  :)

El Kragen

Quote from: pyewacket on September 22, 2014, 09:35:50 PM

I heard that knucklehead when he called into the show. He basically wanted GZ to be run exactly like C2C. Nonsense. They are completely different formats. Not to mention the vast differences between the hosts abilities and level of professionalism. Yes Clyde implied in a very diplomatic way that ANYONE could show up and host C2C  type show. GZ is a unique show that takes a lot of effort to be done right.

pyewacket

Quote from: El Kragen on September 23, 2014, 11:34:17 AM

I heard that knucklehead when he called into the show. He basically wanted GZ to be run exactly like C2C. Nonsense. They are completely different formats. Not to mention the vast differences between the hosts abilities and level of professionalism. Yes Clyde implied in a very diplomatic way that ANYONE could show up and host C2C  type show. GZ is a unique show that takes a lot of effort to be done right.

We "losers" and "haters" can't be the only ones noticing all this. Can you imagine what the other hosts would say if they could. The little digs and inferences are thinly veiled. I saw the call as an insult to Clyde- not an intentional one perhaps, but really inappropriate just the same.
If anything, it should be the other way round- Coast should strive to be like GZ.

I cringe every time somebody brings up c2c on Ground Zero.

Clyde was way too restrained with that guy. Take your youtube education and go start your own noory clone show instead of demanding what somebody else do with their own show

bateman

Clyde is an A-level broadcaster. We need more like him on the dying AM band.