• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

Started by VictoriaPandora, April 30, 2011, 11:37:35 AM

http://www.groundzeromedia.org/gzpod/
well i'm digging clydes three hours live, five nights a week.
he's got a wild imagination and a lot of insight. it's a breath of fresh air...
his podcast of the show is free too.
goodbye FOREVER coast to coast, I've found someone who isnt on cruise control.
wanted to let you guys know:)

quite frankly it's been a bit hellish... starting with the gulf spill straight through the state of arizona getting hold of my daughter for being young and restless.
she's fine now,(twenty grand is about the price for convincing them you're not prison labour).
still got my mama here with me that needs lots of help. now they're blowing our levees etc. tornadoes, floods and general armageddonish type insanity. barrel of mokeys i tell you!
how bout you michael, and your lovely wife?

Bosco

PREMIERE NETWORKS has picked up syndication rights to ALPHA BROADCASTING Talk KXL-A/PORTLAND’s “GROUND ZERO WITH CLYDE LEWIS.” The show, focusing on the paranormal, conspiracy theories, UFOs, and other phenomena, will be nationally available weeknights 10p-1a (ET)/7-10p (PT) beginning AUGUST 27th.

“I feel that coming on with PREMIERE NETWORKS is like winning the lottery,” said LEWIS. “I’m joining a company where some of my inspirations are employed, like RUSH LIMBAUGH, GLENN BECK, NIKKI SIXX, and several others. This opportunity allows the show to expand worldwide. I feel a responsibility to push GROUND ZERO to a whole new level. If you think you’ve heard fireworks on the show before, just wait â€" with the help of PREMIERE, GROUND ZERO is now ready to drop the atom bomb.”
PREMIERE Pres./Content and Affiliate Relations JULIE TALBOTT said, “Once you’ve heard CLYDE, you quickly realize he is one of a kind. Equal parts entertainer, conspiracy theorist and news commentator, he keeps listeners tuned in throughout the night. It’s easy to see why he has been successful in PORTLAND, and we can’t wait to share his program with stations across the country.”
ALPHA Sr. Program Advisor BRIAN JENNINGS added, “I’ve worked with great syndicated and local talent in my 40-plus years in radio. I search for authentic, unique talent and CLYDE LEWIS breaks the mold. Since placing the show in PORTLAND, CLYDE has consistently owned his daypart by a 3-1 margin in the prime 25-54 demo with double digit shares. Not only am I on the edge of my seat, but I also can’t wait for what develops next. This show is clearly a home run and CLYDE is an all star.”
And ALPHA Dir./Programing SCOTT MAHALICK said, “CLYDE LEWIS’ surrealistic style will captivate you like a hypnotic trance and, before you know it, you will have listened for three hours.”

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/108638/premiere-to-syndicate-kxl-s-ground-zero-with-clyde?ref=search

b_dubb

Nikki Sixx has a radio show?!!! how can that guy even string together a sentence?!

The General

thanks for posting, I'll check him out.  Sounds like Noory's got a little competition now.

onan

I just listened to a 10 minute video of clyde. I miss Art even more.

Frys Girl

Sounds like tool radio. Premiere Radio really knows how to offer the worst.

The General

I listened to a show and was disappointed.  He's got radio chops, but he's one of those Alex Jones types.  He thinks 911 was done for the insurance money.  He thinks the James Holmes shooting was some kind of false flag, black ops, inside government job and that Holmes himself is just a patsy and didn't even do it.  I can't take the irresponsibility involved in putting shit like that out there.  There's a fine line between being open minded and being just plain irresponsible.  Art never crossed that line into such irresponsible territory. 

Frys Girl

Quote from: The General on July 31, 2012, 09:04:36 AM
I listened to a show and was disappointed.  He's got radio chops, but he's one of those Alex Jones types.  He thinks 911 was done for the insurance money.  He thinks the James Holmes shooting was some kind of false flag, black ops, inside government job and that Holmes himself is just a patsy and didn't even do it.  I can't take the irresponsibility involved in putting shit like that out there.  There's a fine line between being open minded and being just plain irresponsible.  Art never crossed that line into such irresponsible territory.
Money money money! They want to compete with Alex Jones? Great. Stooping to conquer.

McPhallus

Quote from: onan on July 31, 2012, 03:54:40 AM
I just listened to a 10 minute video of clyde. I miss Art even more.

"Right turn, Clyde!"

<baboon throws his arm out the truck window>

After listening to a Clyde Lewis show, he reminds me of John B. Wells if Wells didn't suck as much.

Or Alex Jones if he were cool and not a grown-up Eric Cartman/shouting moron.  Conspiratorial as hell, but not a blithering tool like Jones or a douche like Wells.  He's not as good as Punnet or Knapp, but he's better than Wells or Noory.

Marc.Knight

I think this is bad news for the Night Hog.  Although not direct competition, Ground Zero will draw listeners away from C2C.  In my opinion, it is a chess move that we will understand in a year or two.

Morgus

I noticed last week the Premrat affiliate station is carrying this show for an hour before c2c starts.
It appears to be Premrat's earlier evening version of c2c with paranormal topics and crazy callers.
Not a competition, they are on the same team as Noory, kind of a version for those who go to bed too early for late night c2c.

Rasputin

Sounds to me like its about the last thing we need right now...more conspiracy BS. I don't mind those kind of topics once in awhile, but lately C2C has these kind of topics several times a week.

I think we need to face the fact that now Premrad is in full control, anything they put is going to be a mix of Alex Jones meets Frankenstein.

As of late, and thanks to some members here, I've been listening to Mysterious Universe, and the Unexplained Podcasts, and my only complaint is that both shows are only on once or twice a week.

El Kragen

I've been listening the last few days. Not that bad. I can see this guy getting bigger and moving up to replace Snoory.

BigDave

I really enjoy Clyde Lewis,His show is great. I'd like to see Him become one of the Hosts in the C2C rotation

Marc.Knight

Quote from: El Kragen on September 06, 2012, 11:51:41 PM
I've been listening the last few days. Not that bad. I can see this guy getting bigger and moving up to replace Snoory.

I think this is THE strategy that we will see played out in a year or two.

BigDave

Quote from: M. Knight on September 17, 2012, 11:14:15 AM

I think this is THE strategy that we will see played out in a year or two.

I think He brings an energy to the program that hasn't been there since Art' heyday 8) ;D

tmock00

So, I've been listening to Ground Zero via Stitcher on my Android or on my computer, and this is my new go-to show. Some stations only broadcast the first 3 hours, but the full show is 5 hours long.

The show is actually fun, the host is 100% engaged in topics and guests, and it reminds me of the early days of C2C. 

I stopped listening to George and the zoo about 4 months ago. I just couldn't do it anymore. The stupidity of Noory astounded me too much to carry on.

HorrorRetro

I gave him another try last night.  It wasn't pretty.  He ranted -- full-flown, spit-flying, barely taking a breath -- rant.  He was going on about how we would not know the difference between an alien invasion and the arrival of a messianic figure.  That could have been a good topic.  However, I turned it off after about 20 minutes of his non-stop ranting.  Maybe it would have been better if a guest was on.  I don't know.  I do know he's far more eloquent and literate than Nooron, so that was nice.  But he really needs to tone it down before I'll listen again.

onan

I only listened to a 10 minute bit on Clyde. My take is he wants to be the show. Art new the subject was the show.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: onan on September 27, 2012, 10:50:22 AM
I only listened to a 10 minute bit on Clyde. My take is he wants to be the show. Art new the subject was the show.

Yeah, that describes him very well.  I've tried to listen three times now, and it's always him just running his mouth. 

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 27, 2012, 10:38:55 AM
I gave him another try last night.  It wasn't pretty.  He ranted -- full-flown, spit-flying, barely taking a breath -- rant.  He was going on about how we would not know the difference between an alien invasion and the arrival of a messianic figure.  That could have been a good topic.  However, I turned it off after about 20 minutes of his non-stop ranting.  Maybe it would have been better if a guest was on.  I don't know.  I do know he's far more eloquent and literate than Nooron, so that was nice.  But he really needs to tone it down before I'll listen again.

Same problem here.  He's hard for me to take when he launches into a rant.  Definitely not a cure for insomnia, like the Snoorster.  I never thought it would be so hard to find somebody with 1/10 the skill of Art Bell.  It's very, very hard to go from caviar to dog food.  :P  Still, Clyde does have a great radio voice, energy, and intelligence, even if he's somewhat of a conspiratorial whacko.  He'd eat Noory alive.

kf5iwe

I have been listening for a few weeks on the computer and WOAI-AM 1200 San Antonio tx. They only carry 2 hours. I went and bought a ROKU and now get all 5 hours. WOW!!! This guy is motivated. He reads the books and really questions the guests. He stays and does all 5 hours everynight. He has breaking UFO news that is current not 50-100 years old. This is the guy I want to replace Noory. How big is he? He comes on the same time Alex jones does on the shortwave 9:00pm. I dont listen to Jones anymore I listen to GROUND ZERO. Lewis has energy and is awake and kicking while doing the show.

HorrorRetro

I caught a few minutes of his show last night.  He spent at last 30 minutes going on about how the farmer in Oregon was eaten by his own hogs.  Not sure where that falls in conspiracy land.  But I did notice he also did a spot for C Crane radios.  So that was interesting.

Ive been listening to Ground Zero now for a few weeks, love the show. He is up on his topics, he engages his guests, has fun with his callers etc. and he gets the creepy late night side of the show..

Its much better than what Coast to Coast has become without the high profile guests, its not like his show is getting Michio Kaku or anything as of yet ..

Art's my numero uno, and I think Clyde and Knapp are tied for second place..  He's an up and comer definitely, podcast the show and check out more than 10 minutes  ::)

If you listen to a whole show and feel like it sucked and wasted your time, feel free to drive to Portland and punch Fort Rock in his taint... (dont even tell him why , and remember pics or it didn't happen).

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 03, 2012, 08:08:25 PM
I caught a few minutes of his show last night.  He spent at last 30 minutes going on about how the farmer in Oregon was eaten by his own hogs.  Not sure where that falls in conspiracy land.  But I did notice he also did a spot for C Crane radios.  So that was interesting.

Part of the Zombie Apocalypse.  Zombie Swine.  ;)