• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

C2C Song

Started by docbroc, April 27, 2011, 02:27:24 PM

docbroc

"Coast To Coast You Make Me Smile"
http://www.minnutes.com/c2c.html

Would love feedback on the song from fellow Coasties.

EvB

Cute, catchy and fun! 

It beats the hell out of that UFO Phil crap that George plays.  now, that may sound like damning with faint praise, since my snoring could beat UFO Phil and that obnoxious noise he makes - but really - well done!

awguy

Quote from: EvB on April 27, 2011, 02:34:09 PM
Cute, catchy and fun! 

It beats the hell out of that UFO Phil crap that George plays.

Gregorian chants beats the hell out of that UFO Phil song. This song is ok, one of the better ones. But this is the way to do a tribute:

Art Bell - Conspiracy Radio Song by Sean Hogan

George sucks

Hello Minnutes,
Saw your song on the C2C page.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/videos/?uri=channels/455278/1315221

Yes, beats that UFO Phil song by a mile. Not even the same species. Listened to about 30 seconds of your song. Catchy, nice harmony, etc.

If you made a song with a title of "Coast To Coast You Make Me Barf" with the appropriate lyrics. And maybe a few takes of Noory acting the fool sprinkled in -- you'd get better feedback. I'd hardly address this crowd as "fellow Coasties". But I understand you are probably just linking up your goods all over the net and didn't take the time to actually read any of the material here.   

MrBroom

Loved it!!!!! Going to share the link with my "Natuarl Disasters and Therories" group on FB.. I'm sure they will love it too.. If the CD is "Happy" music like that.. I will buy the CD too..

Usagi

I put on my "unbiased" cap and listened to it.  It's pretty cute. :)

I wish this was how C2C made me feel these days (and there are rare moments sans Snoory where that happens)... but I can understand the sentiment.

(Does sounds like a commercial, though, but I don't judge!)

George sucks

Heard the whole song on the show last night. Shameless commercial jingle commissioned behind the scenes no doubt to become the new song associated with the show.

No one puts, "If you miss a show or two, Coast Insider's just for you, download the MP3's, your IPod will be happy", unless they are directed to cover those bases. 

"Coast to Coast Am, your my family, your my friends, Coast to Coast AM, every night I'll be tunin' in".

And all the behind the scenes people were mentioned , Lisa, Tom, Lex, Shaun. The song did nail one thing, "George is into alternative health". Only subject that will get a twitch of life out of his dead corpse.

Over commercialized song for a show that used to be a wonderful meal but has been turned into a 3 minute frozen dinner meant to be swallowed and not tasted. Right on target with the premise that the audience is a bunch of useless eaters only good for consuming. Your song sucks.

Now, if you come up with a jingle, "Coast you made me go postal on third shift at the truck plant" then you would be headed in the direction of retribution. But as it is, you have sold out.

And yes, your melody has been used already. I hope someone figures out which song was impinged and keeps you and Coast tied up for years in court prior to winning a huge settlement. Bitches. 

Usagi

Don't forget the fact that I don't know anyone who calls it "Coast Insider"... it's still Streamlink to anyone but Premiere. ;p

George sucks

And MrBroom, you registered today to post those comments? Using message boards as marketing tools.... tsk, tsk. Got bad news for you, no one is buying the CD.

Curious as to how much you shills get paid to do these internet saturations. Are you sitting at a computer in India? Might be with the way you spell.
Quote from: MrBroom on April 30, 2011, 08:40:04 AM
"Natuarl Disasters and Therories"

"loved it, share it, buy it, CD, FB".... wretch.

Silent

I checked out the Myspace page for the heck of it.  It's not my kind of music but she has a nice voice.

George sucks

Quote from: Usagi on April 30, 2011, 11:51:38 AM
Don't forget the fact that I don't know anyone who calls it "Coast Insider"... it's still Streamlink to anyone but Premiere. ;p

Yea, they just switched that. It took awhile to make that song. That's a giveaway.

Mentioned this elsewhere, but I think it's worth bringing up again. UFO Phil's "Listening to Coast to Coast" plays off George. Crystal Gale's "Midnight in the Desert" was Art's sign off.

You do the math.

Quote from: the_wanderer on May 07, 2011, 06:35:01 PM
if you captured Big Foot and smashed his balls with a 50 pound sledgehammer against an anvil, its screams of agony and pain would at least sound better.

You had me at smashing Bigfoot's balls.

Harmness

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 07, 2011, 10:17:45 PM
You had me at smashing Bigfoot's balls.

He had Bigfoot too.

beachcomber

Quote from: George sucks on April 30, 2011, 11:48:43 AM
Heard the whole song on the show last night. Shameless commercial jingle commissioned behind the scenes no doubt to become the new song associated with the show.

No one puts, "If you miss a show or two, Coast Insider's just for you, download the MP3's, your IPod will be happy", unless they are directed to cover those bases. 

"Coast to Coast Am, your my family, your my friends, Coast to Coast AM, every night I'll be tunin' in".

And all the behind the scenes people were mentioned , Lisa, Tom, Lex, Shaun. The song did nail one thing, "George is into alternative health". Only subject that will get a twitch of life out of his dead corpse.

Over commercialized song for a show that used to be a wonderful meal but has been turned into a 3 minute frozen dinner meant to be swallowed and not tasted. Right on target with the premise that the audience is a bunch of useless eaters only good for consuming. Your song sucks.

Now, if you come up with a jingle, "Coast you made me go postal on third shift at the truck plant" then you would be headed in the direction of retribution. But as it is, you have sold out.

And yes, your melody has been used already. I hope someone figures out which song was impinged and keeps you and Coast tied up for years in court prior to winning a huge settlement. Bitches.

Heard it once, was tired of it already, then had the thought that it was a ripoff of either
"We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel or "I Been Everywhere, (Man)" by Johnny Cash

I think they dumped in favor of UFO Phil the following week.

onan

I just listened. It is not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings.

It is bad.

Nebraska888

8)   AWESOME SONG........Nice job!

texaskdog

I HATE THE UFO PHIL SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!