• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I Need Airfare Help!!!!

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 26, 2011, 10:29:13 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on November 16, 2019, 08:32:12 PM

Haha. The man is amazing. Hard to choose but I think  Dr. Jim Sadler is my favorite guest? But in keeping with thread- pilot Art Griego, who has grudges against birds, customers, etc and likes to drink can be great! He also doesn't understand how planes can fly and crashes are will of God. Praise Lee.

i think this episode might have made me laugh harder than any other:

SredniVashtar

Don't forget the broadcast he did at Jim Seals' Auto Farm on Cinco de Mayo. Jim was offering discounts to women who sent in revealing photos. His slogan was 'we don't sell cars to fat chicks.'

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on November 16, 2019, 08:32:12 PM

I think  Dr. Jim Sadler is my favorite guest?

What are you asking us for? I've never seen someone scatter question marks around more irrelevantly than you. It's, like, totally reading posts from a deranged Valley Girl?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 17, 2019, 03:30:24 AM
Don't forget the broadcast he did at Jim Seals' Auto Farm on Cinco de Mayo. Jim was offering discounts to women who sent in revealing photos. His slogan was 'we don't sell cars to fat chicks.'

I feel like I have a vague memory of that one, or a similar premise. Do you know approximately when it aired?

Edit: Looks like May of 1999.

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 17, 2019, 03:43:06 AM
What are you asking us for? I've never seen someone scatter question marks around more irrelevantly than you. It's, like, totally reading posts from a deranged Valley Girl?
I know totally, right? Like an NPR reporter vocal fry, right?

I question because I can't settle on who is the best "guest." Bob Green is usually a good guest. I like the longer guests where the story "develops" into an increasingly bizarre claim or situation and leaves callers stunned and shocked. Hendrie has a perverse mind that lends itself to great radio. With great instincts how to make callers irate, flustered, and/or confused by throwing out an comment or line to further the outrage. For example, throwing out the line "but only for girls" in response to an outraged caller, by a "guest" who was advocating lowering the age of consent because adult women "chose to die from breast cancer" and "girls are developing earlier and earlier." 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on November 17, 2019, 03:17:23 PM
I know totally, right? Like an NPR reporter vocal fry, right?

I question because I can't settle on who is the best "guest." Bob Green is usually a good guest. I like the longer guests where the story "develops" into an increasingly bizarre claim or situation and leaves callers stunned and shocked. Hendrie has a perverse mind that lends itself to great radio. With great instincts how to make callers irate, flustered, and/or confused by throwing out an comment or line to further the outrage. For example, throwing out the line "but only for girls" in response to an outraged caller, by a "guest" who was advocating lowering the age of consent because adult women "chose to die from breast cancer" and "girls are developing earlier and earlier."

Hilarious but offensive bits would include Brad Rifkin's 'blink if you're thirsty' ad campaign using Terri Schiavo to sell mineral water. Bob Green had a classic bit where he was recommending putting the mentally handicapped in cages, because his research showed they had the same DNA as monkeys. And he was trying to sell a dry food he was marketing under the name Mongo Chow.

SredniVashtar

I just remembered one he did with Bobbie Dooley. As a warning to keep children safe in her gated community, she and her husband Steve would kidnap kids in the middle of the night, then bring them back a few hours later minus 'an item of clothing' they'd post to the parents a few weeks later to show how easy it was.

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 17, 2019, 03:50:47 PM
Hilarious but offensive bits would include Brad Rifkin's 'blink if you're thirsty' ad campaign using Terri Schiavo to sell mineral water. Bob Green had a classic bit where he was recommending putting the mentally handicapped in cages, because his research showed they had the same DNA as monkeys. And he was trying to sell a dry food he was marketing under the name Mongo Chow.
That was a classic. I forget who the "guest" was but the guy who was selling a commemorative plate to "heal" Cincinnati after racial riots. As the story played out it was revealed that the plate featured a black kid throwing a burning trash can through a small business's window and the phrase "Get Your Act Together Cincinnati." In addition the "guest" having the inability to say as to what charity this plate sales were benefiting "I have the paperwork in the car" and only made vague, and contradictory, claims about charities benefiting.

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on November 17, 2019, 03:55:18 PM
I just remembered one he did with Bobbie Dooley. As a warning to keep children safe in her gated community, she and her husband Steve would kidnap kids in the middle of the night, then bring them back a few hours later minus 'an item of clothing' they'd post to the parents a few weeks later to show how easy it was.
Ha. I liked when she and her husband padlocked the neighbor's breaker (due to HOA rules in the gated community that prohibited HVAC units from running at night.) And an old lady "sweated to death" but she and Steve had amazing sex due to the silenced compressor and fan. And they always respected her and even allowed a garish van to come into the neighborhood to take her to the store and missed her "dues." But HOA rules in a gated community.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on November 17, 2019, 03:56:01 PM
That was a classic. I forget who the "guest" was but the guy who was selling a commemorative plate to "heal" Cincinnati after racial riots. As the story played out it was revealed that the plate featured a black kid throwing a burning trash can through a small business's window and the phrase "Get Your Act Together Cincinnati." In addition the "guest" having the inability to say as to what charity this plate sales were benefiting "I have the paperwork in the car" and only made vague, and contradictory, claims about charities benefiting.

That sounds like Don Parsley. I haven't heard that one but it sounds like one of his.

MV/Liberace!

haha

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on November 17, 2019, 03:56:01 PM

Haha, God damn. I'm sitting here gut laughing at the mere descriptions of these episodes.

One of my favorites was where Jay Santos of the Citizen's Auxiliary Police was on the DC Beltway during the sniper scare. Police were on the search for a van of a particular color, so he was on the highway during stopped rush hour traffic with a belt sander verifying people hadn't changed the color of their vehicles.

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on November 17, 2019, 08:00:52 PM
Haha, God damn. I'm sitting here gut laughing at the mere descriptions of these episodes.

One of my favorites was where Jay Santos of the Citizen's Auxiliary Police was on the DC Beltway during the sniper scare. Police were on the search for a van of a particular color, so he was on the highway during stopped rush hour traffic with a belt sander verifying people hadn't changed the color of their vehicles.

I hope it involved a "flare drop". And just a "peek around." If refused a Bob Fossie move. Phil was geniius.

paladin1991

Bwahahahaha