• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Music

Started by RealCool Daddio, April 24, 2011, 10:21:45 PM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 13, 2012, 05:27:44 PM
One of my favorites that I could only watch on our local UHF music video channel.

Indeed, it was one of those videos that was pretty popular, despite MTV basically shutting it out of it's playlist almost completely in 1983-84. They were more apt to show Rick Springfield's "Hard To Hold" or Huey Lewis "If This It" instead of anything remotely edgy.

Funny how they overlook things like that in their retrospectives. 

ChewMouse

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 13, 2012, 07:15:35 PM
     Indeed, it was one of those videos that was pretty popular, despite MTV basically shutting it out of it's playlist almost completely in 1983-84. They were more apt to show Rick Springfield's "Hard To Hold" or Huey Lewis "If This It" instead of anything remotely edgy.

Eddie? You're doing that creepy thing where your memory overflows with stuff nobody knew even when it happened.

Have a drink. Smoke something.

There now. Everything is fine.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ChewMouse on October 13, 2012, 07:38:25 PM
Eddie? You're doing that creepy thing where your memory overflows with stuff nobody knew even when it happened.

That's the rub...I'm indulging in both as I type this, yet my dissociative treks into minutiae of the past continue unabated. The bloody 'orra!

I'm going to see if this black tar heroin and Cognac are any help...

Blinko

La Bombe Atomique !

Pepe Kalle

Enjoy.

pepe kalle bitoto jhonny

ziznak

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 13, 2012, 05:27:44 PM
One of my favorites that I could only watch on our local UHF music video channel.

Suicidal Tendencies - "Institutionalized" Frontier Records
all i wanted was a fuckin pepsi

Quote from: ChewMouse on October 13, 2012, 07:38:25 PM

CM I read that as "Everything is on Fire"

@Blinko - A friend of mine was showing me some of Peni's art. It was pretty wild. He had some weird song where he was just mumbling in a dark room or something as well.
I liked the Pepe-Kalle, very fun music.

Fela Kuti might be worth a listen if you have never listened to him before.  Shakara is probably his most recognizable track.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 13, 2012, 07:15:35 PM
   or Huey Lewis "If This It" instead of anything remotely edgy.

Probably still looks good in retrospect. Wasnt that the video with all the amazing 80's babes?

edit: This has been confirmed.

Blinko

any Tonetta fans here?

The man is some kind of musical savant.

TONETTA 81 Inch Prime Ass

Blinko

Any of you punters remember the PLASMATICS !

Adrenaline Addled Sonic Brilliance. Few drunken soundtracks can rival the raucous sounds of the Plasmatics fueling your maniacal rampage.

enjoy.

The Plasmatics " Butcher Baby "

PLASMATICS - Squirm

Sardondi

My days of being able to watch Wendy O ended the day of her final suicide attempt. A sad, sad woman.

Repackaged Jerry Goldsmith but fits the movie very well.

Great, powerful opening scene.

http://youtu.be/5ZY2mRG5mzg

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on October 27, 2012, 05:05:00 AM
My days of being able to watch Wendy O ended the day of her final suicide attempt. A sad, sad woman.
In one of those rare "going in threes" occurrences, Wendy O, Tammy Wynette and Cozy Powell all died within 24 hour period on April 5/6, 1998. Granted, they are quite disparate, but all were certainly famous/infamous musical figures dying relatively young(by normal person standard, perhaps not applicable to musician life spans)

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 27, 2012, 03:38:34 PM
       In one of those rare "going in threes" occurrences, Wendy O, Tammy Wynette and Cozy Powell all died within 24 hour period on April 5/6, 1998. Granted, they are quite disparate, but all were certainly famous/infamous musical figures dying relatively young(by normal person standard, perhaps not applicable to musician life spans)

I had been aware only of Williams and Wynette, and had completely forgotten when Wynette died.

I would expect the death notices of pop, rock and r&b/soul figures to start piling up now that the older ones have begun hitting their 70th birthdays. I mean, how doe Keith Richard stay alive? Can you imagine what his lungs look like? Or his liver? Or vascular system? Or brain? It's almost spooky.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on October 27, 2012, 08:27:46 PM

I would expect the death notices of pop, rock and r&b/soul figures to start piling up now that the older ones have begun hitting their 70th birthdays. I mean, how doe Keith Richard stay alive? Can you imagine what his lungs look like? Or his liver? Or vascular system? Or brain? It's almost spooky.

Keith has that cockroach/horseshoe crab quality that seems to ensure that all of us will croak before he.

Actually, on the Stones "pending disincarnation" list, I'd put Ron Wood first, Charlie Watts second...and sadly, Mick Taylor may actually be most likely. He lacks the resources/funds of Keith and I recently saw a picture of Taylor and he outweighs the Glimmer Twins combined.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 27, 2012, 09:05:26 PM
           Keith has that cockroach/horseshoe crab quality that seems to ensure that all of us will croak before he.

Actually, on the Stones "pending disincarnation" list, I'd put Ron Wood first, Charlie Watts second...and sadly, Mick Taylor may actually be most likely. He lacks the resources/funds of Keith and I recently saw a picture of Taylor and he outweighs the Glimmer Twins combined.

Doubtless as the next-to-last surviving Stone is on his deathbed the last thing he'll be conscious of is that sound of boulders rumbling down a muddy hillside into a swamp, which is what passes for Keef's phlegm-filled laugh. We've spoken before about how Taylor, the key ingredient to what IMO was the RS's greatest period, was mistreated by the Twins and run off. It reminded me of how older and more experienced dogs will sometimes intentionally lead bothersome, nervous-making younger dogs out onto the highway to be dispatched by the traffic which they themselves are savvy enough to avoid. They made sure Taylor got no songwriting credit, which is the only way you can really expect to salvage anything from a career in rock music. And so today, as they wanted, Taylor has nothing but some photos, tapes and a couple of facsimiles of gold records to show for his time in the Stones.

Juan

It's like the old Sun Records lineup - who would have imagined that Jerry Lee Lewis would be the last alive.

Eddie Coyle

In Stones lore, Taylor is almost regarded as a glorified sideman. The temerity to leave without a casket! "He was never really a Stone" type of cant coming from the apologists. And we know how Stones sidemen end up...Ian Stewart(dead 1985) Nicky Hopkins(dead 1994) Billy Preston(dead, 2006...and then Keith outs him in his autobiography, supposedly beating a forthcoming Preston bio to the punch)

And according to Rusty Day of Amboy Dukes/Cactus... and drug dealer(and murdered in June, 1982)Keith's running buddy Bobby Keys was a snitch for the BNDD, and even referenced in a 1971 unreleased Cactus song called "Hound Dog Sniffin'"

Jerry Lee Lewis...how he beat the rap on his wives "early departures" is worthy of a movie.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 28, 2012, 01:44:41 PM
...And according to Rusty Day of Amboy Dukes/Cactus... and drug dealer(and murdered in June, 1982)Keith's running buddy Bobby Keys was a snitch for the BNDD, and even referenced in a 1971 unreleased Cactus song called "Hound Dog Sniffin'"

Jerry Lee Lewis...how he beat the rap on his wives "early departures" is worthy of a movie.

BNDD! The predecessor to DEA, which I think dies about 1970. I haven't heard that in decades. Gotta admit Keys seemed a perfect snitch. I don't remember his criminal history, but I know he was well known as major junkie (it's a clause in all sax men's contracts that they do heroin), who seemed not to be bothered by ever going to jail. If he was he obviously never gave up Keith, although who knows how many roadies may have been popped.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on October 28, 2012, 01:59:20 PM
BNDD! The predecessor to DEA, which I think dies about 1970. I haven't heard that in decades. Gotta admit Keys seemed a perfect snitch. I don't remember his criminal history, but I know he was well known as major junkie (it's a clause in all sax men's contracts that they do heroin), who seemed not to be bothered by ever going to jail. If he was he obviously never gave up Keith, although who knows how many roadies may have been popped.
As somebody who has about two dozen books(which will probably fall on me when Sandy strikes) where Harry Anslinger is either the protagonist/antagonist, the BNDD will never die in my mind despite being merged in the summer of '73.

Yes, Keys would never give up Keith or say a bigger fish(rhymes with Smertagun) but a sucker like Rusty Day or Delaney Bramlett had reason to worry. It's awfully queer that Keith's drug trouble in Canada was during one of Keys sabbaticals.

Blinko

Nip Drivers  , covering " Fox on the Run "

Enjoy..

Fox on the Run- NipDrivers

Classic GG Allin with the Jabbers.

GG Allin - a fuck up

Noise Boys !

04 Noise boys

THE BLOOD ! joys of noise...

The Blood - Joys of Noise

Good boozing anthems.

Blinko

When it comes to inspiration induced through sheer audio adrenaline , there is Blitz and then there is everyone else...

The boys from Britain at their best

Blitz - We Are The Boy's

Blitz - Time Bomb

here's one for the politically inclined among us... such an old song and it still remains relevant.

All about propaganda.

BLITZ "Propaganda"

Defending this corruption on which you are sat
You tell me what to think, you tell me this and that

`Freedom is O.K. you scum` but make sure it`s never used
In your defence of liberty I always stand accused

And your shadow in the sun always give a shock
While the hate mail rises like some kind of moral rock

Propaganda, you scare me to death
Propaganda, you scare me to death

I know you want to lock me up and see justice done
You say get the army in, you hope that day will come

You will give me something to think about Right between my eyes
Then you`ll see your freedom the day that freedom dies

I can`t see many reds underneath my bed
But the fascists in the letter-box are messing up my head

You tell me I`ve got rights, the same for rich and poor
But you`re behind the police when they`re knocking down my door

" it is not the enemies that propaganda identifies for us that we should fear , but rather propaganda itself because it is an attempt to rob us of our last and only true freedom , free thought"

HorrorRetro

I hated Squeeze when I was younger, but now I appreciate their simplicity.

Squeeze - Up The Junction

HorrorRetro

Not a huge fan of a lot of their stuff, but I do love this song. 

The Real McKenzies 'drink some more' official music video Feat: Sean Connery

Sardondi

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on October 30, 2012, 01:35:27 AM
10 Hours - Gas Furnace (Relaxing Ambient Sounds for relaxation and sleep)

I now have my official white noise sounds for sleepless nights! No kidding, this is a valuable find for me.