This Is BellGab: > Random Topics

Music

<< < (2/1835) > >>

Eddie Coyle:

--- Quote from: RealCool Daddio on April 24, 2011, 11:21:45 PM ---Best..Band..Ever!

Don't get me started on the Smith's, becasue the RealCool Daddio will start to sound like a Justin Bieber fan.  And this is from a guy who thinks's the Stone's Exile on Main St. is the best album ever.

But really - best band ever.

--- End quote ---

Being born when I was(1975) I was too young to really appreciate the Smiths in their 1984-1987 prime. That coupled with the knee-jerk homophobia of my jejune youth, I was dismissive of them...however as I got older, I began give them more of a chance, and with time that grew into my current belief that they were probably the best band to emerge in the 1980's.

DoYouThinkItWasAngels:
This video changed my life.

The Smiths "How Soon Is Now?"

heater:
I thought I had sworn off this thread but you found a way to pull me back in with talk of the Smith's and Morrissey.

Dark Side Of The Moon:
I'm new here, but to Eddie and Fly, Art looks a tad naked without the mustache! But other than that, I've got no complaints. A quiet, everyday performance by Art would make George Noory sweaty like the ladies in those Sweatten To The Oldies Tapes!

rkowna:

--- Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 25, 2011, 03:52:44 PM ---       Being born when I was(1975) I was too young to really appreciate the Smiths in their 1984-1987 prime. That coupled with the knee-jerk homophobia of my jejune youth, I was dismissive of them...however as I got older, I began give them more of a chance, and with time that grew into my current belief that they were probably the best band to emerge in the 1980's.

--- End quote ---

Doesn't matter when you were born, I guess, my daughter is 11 and just dropped "Meat is Murder", "The Queen is Dead", and "Strangeways" on her ipod and she was impressed.

Thinking back it was a best of times, worst of times era for music.  There was new music, U2, REM, to name a few.  Then there was the crowd waiting for "The Who" to reunite and make another albun similar to "Whos Next", alot of people wearing Doors shirts insisting Morrison wasn;t dead, you get the picture.

Then came The Smiths.  From the time I heard "What Difference Does it Make" I was on board.  "Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me", "Cemetry Gates" and "There is a Light" are truly classics. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version