• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

FRIDAY NIGHT PSEUDOCHAT

Started by anagrammy, April 22, 2011, 04:08:47 PM

anagrammy

Hi All, this topic is to try a posting place that will be "live" as we listen to Coast on Fridays, where it's usually so bad it's good. 

Welcome!

Anagrammy

Scully

But George Knapp is hosting tonight!   :-*

onan

where is this George Knapp that people are talking about?

onan

Quote from: the_wanderer on April 22, 2011, 10:48:44 PM
is there a free streamcast?

I went to the c2c site, clicked on stations in the yellow bar. Got a map of the US. clicked on my state. Then scrolled down to a station near me. that had a stream... I would imagine you could use that one.

http://www.wrdu.com/mediaplayer/

anagrammy

Quote from: the_wanderer on April 22, 2011, 10:48:44 PM
is there a free streamcast?

You bet - go to www.radiotime.com and set up your free account AND YOUR PRESETS.  If the station they give you isn't clear enough, just click "not working" in the upper right corner and they give you another.  NEVER FAILS! And- far fewer commercials than the Coast audio feed (which is undependable)

Anagrammy

anagrammy

Quote from: Scully on April 22, 2011, 10:20:42 PM
But George Knapp is hosting tonight!   :-*

EXACTLY-- Our favorite guy.  We're getting a Noory vacation so we're gathering on the beach with a bonfire and some pale ale...

Anagrammy

onan

I find it odd that a supposed Ph.D in medicine would use the term "feedback loop" so inappropriately related to physiology.

anagrammy

USE QUICK REPLY AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SCREEN

Usagi

What, pray tell, anagrammy, is a Noory hybrid?  :-\

Usagi

Oh, silly Knapp... we have all the energy we could ever want in the form of abiotic oil.  What would we want cold fusion for?  Don't you know that from your "friend and colleague" Noory?

onan

Quote from: Usagi on April 22, 2011, 11:11:14 PM
Oh, silly Knapp... we have all the energy we could ever want in the form of abiotic oil.  What would we want cold fusion for?  Don't you know that from your "friend and colleague" Noory?

I think I love you.

anagrammy

Radiotime posts some info re programs.  It says Coast is on 617 stations (total, including international I think).  It also describes it as "nightime radio with daytime ratings."  Aint that a kicker.

My local area (San Francisco Bay) has a "Best of Coast to Coast" which I guess is a Somewhere in Time station.

Also, does anyone know how to refresh this site?

Anagrammy

onan

If you mean refresh the coast gab thread we are in... if you are using a pc simply right click the page and a text box will come up with one of the choices being refresh

Usagi

Too much insidious Alex Jones bleeding in from everywhere.  Part of his Knapp's News is from Prison Planet (although, to be fair, that is possibly one of the only interesting articles I've ever seen from that otherwise deplorable site).  Before that, once again the "End of America" ad... that's Jones' nasty raspy voice, isn't it?

anagrammy

Quick roll-call:  who's here besides me?

anagrammy

Hi Usagi -- I think we are listening at different times during the program.  I am on the Pacific Coast and am listening to 830 AM in Grass Valley, CA.  Knapp is talking right now about cold fusion and controlling elite running the show.

Usagi

Haha... all I remember about that "The Saint" movie was how improbable and absurd it was to consider Elizabeth Shue as a physicist.

anagrammy

OK, we're hearing the same things!  Now if I can figure out how to make your responses visible without going in and out of CoastGab.....

onan

Yeah this guy is loosing my interest quick. He is using a great deal of words to say nothing.

Usagi

Quote from: anagrammy on April 22, 2011, 11:26:06 PM
Hi Usagi -- I think we are listening at different times during the program.  I am on the Pacific Coast and am listening to 830 AM in Grass Valley, CA.  Knapp is talking right now about cold fusion and controlling elite running the show.

I'm in Seattle listening to KIRO 97.3 FM.  We're listening to the same thing (it's live anywhere in the country, I would hope... or else that would really screw some people wanting to call in!).

I'm referring to his Knapp's News story about Michigan police extracting texts from cell phones without permission.

Scully

Unless this goes through, I'm unable to post,.

Scully

Well, all righty then ...  Dang thing isn't cooperating with me.
Yes, Usagi, I believe it is Alex Jones' creepy, raspy voice on that ad.

Usagi

Quote from: Scully on April 22, 2011, 11:30:47 PM
Unless this goes through, I'm unable to post,.

Sorry... didn't work.  :'(

Scully

Isn't this the guy Ian threw off the air, because they both wanted to talk, and neither would budge?

anagrammy

I hope George's family wasn't flying into St. Louis for her birthday.  If so, they are sol.

onan

Quote from: Scully on April 22, 2011, 11:33:02 PM
Isn't this the guy Ian threw off the air, because they both wanted to talk, and neither would budge?

I dunno but I am thinking open lines would be less irritating.