• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bill Handel

Started by haloedorchid, March 17, 2011, 10:54:39 PM

haloedorchid

I like Bill Handel on both his local morning talkshow and his national legal show (where he tells you you have absolutely no case).

He is very smart and humorous, but his degrading talk of minorities gets a little tiresome. I think he takes his hatred for all people Latino a little too far. He qualifies it by saying he rags on every religion/race equally, but there is a difference between saying Jews are cheap and over-educated and calling the entire country of Mexico a toilet.

Overall, though, I think the good outweighs the bad. He is definitely entertaining.

haloedorchid

Also, as the British say, he takes the piss out of George Noory occasionally. He refers to the show as Martian Anal Probes, for one.

Sometimes he talks about the story of meeting George Noory for lunch once at a hotel restaurant. He wore a tinfoil hat. I believe George has also brought it up on the show.

tmock00

I love to listen to Handel on the Law.  Now that Art Bell is gone, Handel on the Law is probably my favorite talk radio show.  At least you know where you stand with Bill - he doesn't pull any punches.

Digitech

I would rather listen to George Norry than Bill Handel! I just can't listen to Handel talk for more than 5 or 10 minutes without getting annoyed at his voice, delivery, and especially attitude.

haloedorchid

He just had open heart surgery today and had a valve replaced with a pig valve. He will be out for a few weeks. I like when Gary Hoffmann takes over, but I have a feeling it will be mostly Bill Carroll.

Handel is arrogant and obnoxious. I can't stand the guy. I do like the 6-7 and 8:30 to 9:00 segments thought when the whole team is on. They are a funny group.

Handel obviously trained under Snoory as he frequently butchers the English language.

haloedorchid

To be fair, English is Bill's second language, as he frequently points out. ;) And he does make fun of himself for butchering words.

I love the crew, though, and whenever Bill takes it too far he usually redeems himself afterward. It's a love/hate relationship.