• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Adam Carolla as "ACE ROCKOLLA" obliterates the morning drive

Started by George Drooly, March 17, 2011, 10:32:17 PM

haloedorchid

Love the Aceman! I have been listening to Adam (and Drew) since I was 12. In every radio or podcast format he's done. His podcast gets a little too borderline-misogynistic sometimes but overall I think he is a decent guy and I love his rants. He truly knows people, despite his much-professed hatred for them.

Also, Teresa needs to return to the podcast stat. I am not a fan of Alison Rosen at all.

George Drooly

Haven't really keyed into his podcasts yet. I thought his morning show was awful. His abuse of the unbelievably stupid callers on Loveline (I weep for the future of America) was hilarious, as were his impromptu rants. Really one of the best improv guys on radio -- the exact opposite of Snoory.

haloedorchid

I didn't like the morning show when it had Dave Dameshek, the original girl before Teresa, or Danny Bonaduce. When Teresa and Bald Bryan were more featured, the show really hit its stride.

The podcast is so much better than the show. It's about 90 minutes with a few brief commercial spots scattered throughout. Originally it was Adam one-on-one with the guest, and then they brought Teresa and Bryan back on. Teresa left for a paying gig, and they eventually found a replacement in Alison Risen who is Teresa-lite. They even look similar.

The podcast has a lot going for it, though. Adam gets to talk about whatever he wants, it's uncensored, and the guest quality is it's best ever. My favorite episodes are the ones with just Adam and the guest. Even if I've never heard of them, or cared for their work, Adam always manages to make the interview interesting.

onan

Adam Carolla is a true unappreciated genus. Don't get me wrong I like Jimmy Kimmel but Carolla in my opinion was the true talent there. I do not get a chance to listen to his show but when I do hear him it is pure talent. Also he has a candor about him that is sorely lacking in most radio personalities... imho.

I'm with Onan on this one. I just heard his podcast for the first time earlier today and was very impressed.

haloedorchid

He is on tour doing live shows to pay the bills. Unfortunately he never made it Portland; I would've loved to see him.

Art

I actually started listening to C2C because it was on after Loveline.

Since I last posted on this thread I've been listening to the Adam Carolla podcast pretty regularly. The guy is hillarious and has a cute newsgirl too.

yumyumtree

Dennis Prager and Adam Carolla work together a lot now and. I guess that they have good chemistry. Drew Pinsky is OK, does some good work.
But I have to confess that I used to listen to Loveline back in the 90s. As I remember it was generally there to answer teenagers' questions about sex and they did a pretty good job with that.
But on one episode, both of them, for some reason, went off on a tangent about elderly people. The gist was that very elderly people lead unproductive lives in nursing homes and would be better off dead. It was horrible. For one thing, they seemed to discount all the people in their 80s, 90s, or even older who lead very full lives. I realize that Carolla probably would t say this stuff today and I should forgive him, but I can't help it--every time I see or hear him or Pinsky I think of it. This isn't something like tabloid gossip that may not even be true. It's from their own mouths.