• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Michael Savage

Started by Marc.Knight, March 17, 2011, 07:05:49 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: Azzerae on January 29, 2019, 08:12:07 AM
In the past, I preferred Savage to Rush. He was so great on the radio.

Then, one day toward the end of last year, out of the blue, he announced he was leaving the traditional radio format and going on to do a podcast. Throughout the last few official days he was on radio he went on and on and on about how much better him doing a podcast would be, his reasoning being because he didn't have to stick to politics or time constraints.

So, at the beginning of the year he began this long awaited podcast, and, the thing is ... it feels really flat. He's got new bumpers with electric guitars and its just really cheesy. He still takes breaks - for no reason whatsoever - and uses them as segues between a shift in topics.

The opening bumpers announce Savage as uncut and unfiltered, but he still doesn't use any profanity or anything like that. As a fan, I'm completely disappointed, and now find that Rush is much better, because one knows what they're getting from his show, and it runs just shy of 2 hours (without ads) ... which is much better compared to Savage (who promised a 1 hour format), only to now phone-in about 25 minute podcasts - on average.

Did anyone else notice these things in Savage's "big transition" - or is it just me?

I confess to being looped out on Savage of late. I will make an effort to peruse some of the new format podcasts and see if they're as flat as you describe. If so I strongly suspect that someone in the deep state Alex Jones'd him and we're left with a neutered poodle - which is damned sad given where he came from. But recall what I shared on the program to purge talk radio of the truth. Rush is on their list too. This will not end well for any of them...or us... :'(

AZZERAE

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 29, 2019, 10:07:33 AM
I confess to being looped out on Savage of late. I will make an effort to peruse some of the new format podcasts and see if they're as flat as you describe. If so I strongly suspect that someone in the deep state Alex Jones'd him and we're left with a neutered poodle - which is damned sad given where he came from. But recall what I shared on the program to purge talk radio of the truth. Rush is on their list too. This will not end well for any of them...or us... :'(

Perhaps someone did get to him. He is however his own worst enemy - in a lot if ways.

As much as Savage grew to hate the constraints of real radio, it shaped his whole stream of consciousness style into something great. He just sounds off now.

When it comes to Rush, as far as a broadcaster he truly is incredible, one of a kind. Of course I do have my own issues with him (he can be a bit odd) ... I've noticed though, that Savage is really taking a lot of shots at Rush, yet he is secretive about why. He just comes off sounding jealous. I suspect there are reasons for the hostility, but I don't think we'll ever really get to know why.

Savage should've never talked up the podcast, oversold it to such an extent and promised more than he's wound up being able to deliver. He sounds distracted and hollow.

I just dunno what in the fuck is going on.

Metron2267

It's an entire industry in flux due to the growing popularity of podcasts, but moreover one where corporatism is hollowing out the conservative voice, blithely unconcerned that said demographic made their nut for them.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Azzerae on January 29, 2019, 08:12:07 AM
In the past, I preferred Savage to Rush. He was so great on the radio.

Then, one day toward the end of last year, out of the blue, he announced he was leaving the traditional radio format and going on to do a podcast. Throughout the last few official days he was on radio he went on and on and on about how much better him doing a podcast would be, his reasoning being because he didn't have to stick to politics or time constraints.

So, at the beginning of the year he began this long awaited podcast, and, the thing is ... it feels really flat. He's got new bumpers with electric guitars and its just really cheesy. He still takes breaks - for no reason whatsoever - and uses them as segues between a shift in topics.

The opening bumpers announce Savage as uncut and unfiltered, but he still doesn't use any profanity or anything like that. As a fan, I'm completely disappointed, and now find that Rush is much better, because one knows what they're getting from his show, and it runs just shy of 2 hours (without ads) ... which is much better compared to Savage (who promised a 1 hour format), only to now phone-in about 25 minute podcasts - on average.

Did anyone else notice these things in Savage's "big transition" - or is it just me?

It's not just you.  Michael did say the word 'shit' in his first podcast.  As a matter of fact, he said it with great relish and I don't know if someone read him the riot act or what, but he hasn't uttered a single cussword since.  His podcast sounds annoyingly pre-programmed.  It's as if he has adopted Linda Moulton Howe as his role model.  He will be expounding on something and then you realize that he is reading pre-prepared text, or something from one of his books.  He has guests that call in now, but I would bet big money that the calls are done earlier and edited in later.  I like Michael, and will listen to his podcast as I shave, but that special, Savage Nation spontaneity is definitely not there anymore.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 29, 2019, 05:19:40 PM
It's an entire industry in flux due to the growing popularity of podcasts, but moreover one where corporatism is hollowing out the conservative voice, blithely unconcerned that said demographic made their nut for them.

What do you think the end game is? To silence and censor the conservative voice?

Quote from: Rix Gins on January 29, 2019, 06:45:38 PM
It's not just you.  Michael did say the word 'shit' in his first podcast.  As a matter of fact, he said it with great relish and I don't know if someone read him the riot act or what, but he hasn't uttered a single cussword since.  His podcast sounds annoyingly pre-programmed.  It's as if he has adopted Linda Moulton Howe as his role model.  He will be expounding on something and then you realize that he is reading pre-prepared text, or something from one of his books.  He has guests that call in now, but I would bet big money that the calls are done earlier and edited in later.  I like Michael, and will listen to his podcast as I shave, but that special, Savage Nation spontaneity is definitely not there anymore.

I'm so thankful its not only me who hears it! I had a bad feeling about the whole podcast switch, but went into it with an open mind.

To get a full length show you gotta save the entire weeks broadcasts up and listen to 'em all at once. But then again its all so disjointed.

I do still listen in hopes the old Savage will come back. But its so weird to hear such a prepackaged product presented as something its not.

Metron2267

Quote from: Azzerae on January 30, 2019, 12:07:38 AM
What do you think the end game is? To silence and censor the conservative voice?

100% yes!  This is all about taking out the last best hope for a genuine populist repoot of the swamp. The Dems are hard down with fascism, so now the mannerly and reluctant right must be terminated.  >:(

anunnaki

On wed 6/24/20 Michael stated that someone was tampering with his show's transmission but he was able to circumvent the problem by using an older system that he had kept as a back-up. Then he went on to mention the type-model-etc. I couldn't believe Michael could be so foolish to "Show His Cards"!

Rix Gins

Quote from: anunnaki on June 25, 2020, 06:19:14 PM
On wed 6/24/20 Michael stated that someone was tampering with his show's transmission but he was able to circumvent the problem by using an older system that he had kept as a back-up. Then he went on to mention the type-model-etc. I couldn't believe Michael could be so foolish to "Show His Cards"!

He also mentioned that he had a major health issue earlier in the year.  I wonder what that was?

Dr. MD MD

Listening tonight and he’s just so on point in his analysis. I like how he brings up real historical examples of how twisted and evil communism was in the Soviet Union; for example, labelling dissidents “insane” and actually institutionalizing them the way some are suggesting president Trump should be.

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 09, 2020, 06:57:57 PM
Listening tonight and he’s just so on point in his analysis. I like how he brings up real historical examples of how twisted and evil communism was in the Soviet Union; for example, labelling dissidents “insane” and actually institutionalizing them the way some are suggesting president Trump should be.
This has been discussed often here. Psikhushka and the political use of psychiatry. The search engine sucks but I found one comment. I seem to recall some good debates with Onan and people regarding such stuff.

https://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=2284.msg1009635#msg1009635