• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What have bought recently that you didn't really need?

Started by onan, March 07, 2011, 06:51:35 AM

onan

I am asking this because I need some comfort in community. If others have done similar things then I won't feel nearly as guilty with buyer's remorse.

Ok I havent actually purchased it yet but that new Motorola Xoom is calling my name... and I cannot hide.

The problem is I really have no need for it... and as toys go... well there are better toys to have.

But back to the question... what have you bought recently that now that you look at it the thought is... why?

aldousburbank

This may sound precious, but I am having some buyer's remorse over purchasing health insurance.  I know insurance is a hedge bet purchased largely in light of the unexpected, the very term implying this.  Still, in my delusions of invulnerable strength and health, I mourn the extra bag or two of groceries that this monthly expenditure would bring in to the family, imagining this to be a more significant investment in overall health.

JustOneFix

I haven't really bought much of anything I regret, with the exception of buying that one chick at the bar a drink. Now she acts like I'm her best friend all of a sudden....HAHA.

MV/Liberace!

i recently ordered a pound of catnip off of ebay.  hoping to inspire my wife's cats to be entertaining for the first time in their lives.

having cats in your home sucks dick.

b_dubb

i bought a king sized Tempurpedic bed.  it's enormous and if i ever move i'll be cursing that thing up and down.  it probably weighs 300 lbs and all of it dead weight.  a real bitch to move around.  but super comfortable

haloedorchid

Are the Tempurpedic's the memory foam ones?

I recently ordered a caseload of my favorite skin cream because Walgreen's stopped selling it in the stores. At least they were half off.

RoadDog

I found some western digital external 2tb drives online for 90$ a piece last fall. I bought 6 of them... (made a good portion back reselling 4 of them though ;) )

A hunk of junk pickup truck for my son.(He actually came up with 1/2). We bought a truck from a friend of his for $1,000. I figured even if we spent another grand for repairs in a year, it was still better than a $300 or $400 a month car payment.  $4,000 worth of repairs ONE year later...  What a deal.  ;)  Well, we really did need a vehicle, I just bought the wrong one.