• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Father Malachi Martin

Started by Max_TO, February 24, 2011, 08:50:24 PM

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 13, 2017, 04:29:20 PM
On the other balance we have the very belated testimony from someone who was 'ex CIA'. As far as I know, we have no idea why he became 'ex', and it may well be connected to the fact that he was batshit crazy. It's all too easy to imagine that a guy like that is hard up and looking for a pay day, so he puts his name to something like that which can't be proved, but gets a few headlines.

Hmm.  Sounds a wee bit familiar.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 13, 2017, 04:36:49 PM
You are quite uninformed regarding satanic possession.  I suggest you read some more books about the subject.  Start with renowned psychiatrist's M. Scott Peck's book on the subject, Glimpses of the Devil.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FCJZPY/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Don't be so certain you have all of the answers.  You're only setting yourself up for a fall later. lol.  As for your assessment of the ex-CIA agent, I suggest that you don't speculate and stick to facts.  Please research the background to this ex-CIA agent and get back with me if you have something concrete.

Excellent book...skeptic becomes must less skeptical...

Quote from: Chefist on January 13, 2017, 04:36:12 PM
Yea, it was pretty good. Both 1 and 2 surprised me, as most horror movies suck.

That they do.  I was disappointed that they focused on the Enfield case for the second film as the Warrens were not that involved in the case.  I hope for the next one, they focus on a case that the Warrens were extensively involved in.

littlechris

Quote from: Chefist on January 13, 2017, 04:36:12 PM
Yea, it was pretty good. Both 1 and 2 surprised me, as most horror movies suck.

Lots of people have reported strange things happening in their homes when watching  conjuring 2.  I'll take their word for it.  I know during the filming of the exorcist,  all sorts of weird things happened on set.

chefist

Quote from: Orangey on January 13, 2017, 04:42:42 PM
Lots of people have reported strange things happening in their homes when watching  conjuring 2.  I'll take their word for it.  I know during the filming of the exorcist,  all sorts of weird things happened on set.

Oh you're right...I remember stories about that. The crew and actors where freaked out.

Their show is kind of a joke, but they did an episode at the actual house:

https://youtu.be/CZ9PlKBiGvI

I grew up around St Louis, and visited the old Jesuit Seminary where the actual exorcism took place. The building was old and closed, but there was a dark alley where you could see the window on the top floor (8 floors up). Creepy as hell.

Quote from: Chefist on January 13, 2017, 04:39:41 PM
Excellent book...skeptic becomes must less skeptical...

Yep, it was.  He approaches the subject from a skeptic's perspective but in the end he can only confirm that there is something to demonic possession.

Jackstar

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 13, 2017, 04:29:20 PM
all the information from the natural world that tells us that stories about satanic possession are connected to mental illness and people's willingness to cling to a belief system

That's really just your opinion.

Quote from: Orangey on January 13, 2017, 04:42:42 PM

Yeah, a bunch of people died including Jack MacGowran (Burke Dennings).

From IMDB

There are tales about ominous events surrounding the year-long shoot, including the deaths of nine people associated with the production and stories about a mysterious fire that destroyed the set one weekend. Actors Jack MacGowran and Vasiliki Maliaros died before the film was released.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 13, 2017, 04:36:49 PM
Don't be so certain you have all of the answers.  You're only setting yourself up for a fall later. lol.  As for your assessment of the ex-CIA agent, I suggest that you don't speculate and stick to facts.  Please research the background to this ex-CIA agent and get back with me if you have something concrete.

Unless this ex-CIA guy has anything to offer other than fireside ghost stories then I regard it as I would any other unsupported account. He had plenty of time to come out with this ground-breaking info before. The old boy must have died twenty years ago, and he only brings it up now?

I don't have all the answers, and don't claim to, but all these tales answer a need for mythology. That's what I see here, more or less.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 13, 2017, 04:52:07 PM
There are tales about ominous events surrounding the year-long shoot

How is this more likely to be demonic, than as a result of marketing professionals that will stop at nothing to get the job done?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Jackstar on January 13, 2017, 04:51:03 PM

That's really just your opinion.

You are a ghastly genetic experiment, with all the wit and charm of a pubic louse. That's a fact, I heard it on CNN.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 13, 2017, 04:53:31 PM
Unless this ex-CIA guy has anything to offer other than fireside ghost stories then I regard it as I would any other unsupported account. He had plenty of time to come out with this ground-breaking info before. The old boy must have died twenty years ago, and he only brings it up now?

I don't have all the answers, and don't claim to, but all these tales answer a need for mythology. That's what I see here, more or less.

Get back with me after reading Glimpses of the Devil.  Seriously.  Read it.  It might change your mind. Don't get yourself stuck in a mindset.

Quote from: Jackstar on January 13, 2017, 04:54:12 PM
How is this more likely to be demonic, than as a result of marketing professionals that will stop at nothing to get the job done?

True.  It just makes good copy.

chefist

Quote from: Orangey on January 13, 2017, 04:53:38 PM
http://weekinweird.com/2016/09/04/conjuring-2-causing-ghostly-activity-viewers-homes/

Creepy...love it. My daughter asked about the movies, as a friend of her's at school had told her about them. I briefly explained, then she told me to stop talking and that she didn't want to watch or even know about them. lolz  ;D

littlechris

Quote from: Chefist on January 13, 2017, 04:57:08 PM
Creepy...love it. My daughter asked about the movies, as a friend of her's at school had told her about them. I briefly explained, then she told me to stop talking and that she didn't want to watch or even know about them. lolz  ;D

Smart little girl right there.

littlechris

Bellgabbers should watch the movie this holiday weekend and report what happened.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 13, 2017, 04:56:17 PM
True.  It just makes good copy.

As I see it, we do not live in an "either/or" landscape, but a "both/and" Universe.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 13, 2017, 04:53:31 PM

Also meant to add, the CIA agent has nothing to gain from coming forward with this information.  Who knows why he didn't come forward earlier.  Maybe no writer or journalist asked him.  I don't think he has appeared on Coast or any other show.

Quote from: Orangey on January 13, 2017, 04:59:39 PM
Bellgabbers should watch the movie this holiday weekend and report what happened.

I just bought it recently.  I'll have to give it a try.  I bet the events really ramp up whenever one plays the "Can't Help Falling In Love" sequence.  All the scene is missing is Jorch Noory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9SVj7tQmFs

chefist

Quote from: Orangey on January 13, 2017, 04:59:39 PM

The nun was the scariest part...

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 13, 2017, 05:01:08 PM
I don't think he has appeared on Coast or any other show.

And yet, I've heard this same story at least twice before.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 13, 2017, 05:01:08 PM
Also meant to add, the CIA agent has nothing to gain from coming forward with this information.  Who knows why he didn't come forward earlier.  Maybe no writer or journalist asked him.  I don't think he has appeared on Coast or any other show.

I doubt he volunteered this information for free. He's probably listed as a 'consultant' or something and would be paid for his input. That is, if he even is a CIA agent.

Quote from: Chefist on January 13, 2017, 05:03:34 PM

Yeah, that was scary but I don't think that was based on anything the Warrens actually experienced.  I wish they could just make a movie about a case that did not require embellishment.  Some of the cases are very scary and don't need help.

Jackstar

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 13, 2017, 05:07:10 PM
He's probably listed as a 'consultant' or something and would be paid for his input.

This is exactly what a demon would do.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 13, 2017, 05:07:10 PM
I doubt he volunteered this information for free. He's probably listed as a 'consultant' or something and would be paid for his input. That is, if he even is a CIA agent.

If he was paid, it was probably a paltry sum.  Not enough to set him up for life or probably even for a week.  Of course, now both of us are speculating now.  We have nothing to base our speculations on.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 13, 2017, 05:08:44 PM

If he was paid, it was probably a paltry sum.  Not enough to set him up for life or probably even for a week.  Of course, now both of us are speculating now.  We have nothing to base our speculations on.

Every little helps, as the old woman said when she pissed in the sea.

No, I don't imagine he's living in Monaco off the proceeds, but if you get the chance to earn a little extra then you'll take it, particularly if you can't be proved wrong. It just sounds like the old 'startling new revelations' gambit that people pull to try and ginger something up a bit for the press. Otherwise it's just a bog standard documentary about a Catholic priest.

littlechris

Quote from: Chefist on January 13, 2017, 05:03:34 PM

A dare not pull up that bitches face in google.