• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Father Malachi Martin

Started by Max_TO, February 24, 2011, 08:50:24 PM

albrecht

Quote from: Orangey on January 13, 2017, 04:42:42 PM
Lots of people have reported strange things happening in their homes when watching  conjuring 2.  I'll take their word for it.  I know during the filming of the exorcist,  all sorts of weird things happened on set.
Another weird twist with the Exorcist and Friedkin. A guy named Paul Bateson had a very small bit in the Exorcist as he was an X-Ray technician in that scene where the doctors are trying to figure out what's up. He later is thought to have been the perp in the infamous NYC homosexual scene "bag murders" but was only convicted of one. Friedkin later made a movie "Cruising" with Al Pacino based on the cases and consulted with Bateson.

Another thing to add about Martin is he was no flake.  He was widely respected by individuals such as William F. Buckley with whom he worked for on National Review during the 70's and 80's and he appeared on Firing Line several times with his boss.  So to dismiss him as disreputable would be a yuge mistake.  He was a man of rare intellect.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 13, 2017, 06:59:02 PM
Another thing to add about Martin is he was no flake.  He was widely respected by individuals such as William F. Buckley with whom he worked for on National Review during the 70's and 80's and he appeared on Firing Line several times with his boss.  So to dismiss him as disreputable would be a yuge mistake.  He was a man of rare intellect.
Yeah he was very educated and conversed with many famous and intellectual people, also rumors of CIA work etc. Also rumors of 'lady friends' and scandals. A very interesting guy.

chefist

I'm going over this tonight on the show...I always enjoyed Father Martin on Art's show...his fight with Dames was classic...

Quote from: Chefist on January 13, 2017, 07:09:16 PM
I'm going over this tonight on the show...I always enjoyed Father Martin on Art's show...his fight with Dames was classic...

I'm getting ready to go out, chefist, so I'll have to tune in later.  Unfortunately, Friday night is usually date night.  Maybe you should consider moving it to Sunday night or a weekday night.  Anyway, I'll catch it later.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on January 13, 2017, 07:11:49 PM
I'm getting ready to go out, chefist, so I'll have to tune in later.  Unfortunately, Friday night is usually date night.  Maybe you should consider moving it to Sunday night or a weekday night.  Anyway, I'll catch it later.

I might consider that...most said Friday was the best...there are too many other shows on Saturday...

Quote from: Chefist on January 13, 2017, 07:14:34 PM
I might consider that...most said Friday was the best...there are too many other shows on Saturday...

Ah well.  If tonight is when most people want it,  I'll have to just go with the flow and hope to call in during a night when we have to stay in. Ciao.  Have to run.

littlechris

Quote from: Chefist on January 13, 2017, 07:14:34 PM

Yeah but if you have it on Saturday night, people won't listen to those other dick bag shows.

chefist

Quote from: Orangey on January 13, 2017, 08:03:03 PM
Yeah but if you have it on Saturday night, people won't listen to those other dick bag shows.

I'll have to take a poll on that...some on BG have told me they wanted Fri or Sun because they listen to the other shows...

Zetaspeak

My memory is a bit fuzzy as it's been a while since his death but wasn't thereva rumor of a mustress being invoved, I vaguely  remember something like that.

ps Conjuring 2 was probably my favorite film of the year, watched it at the theater . Love the series , hope for another on soon. The sequel did well at the box office with over $100M domestically  and over $300M worldwide which is fantastic  for the genre.

chefist

Quote from: Zetaspeak on January 14, 2017, 12:56:34 AM
My memory is a bit fuzzy as it's been a while since his death but wasn't thereva rumor of a mustress being invoved, I vaguely  remember something like that.

ps Conjuring 2 was probably my favorite film of the year, watched it at the theater . Love the series , hope for another on soon. The sequel did well at the box office with over $100M domestically  and over $300M worldwide which is fantastic  for the genre.

I hope for more as well...They really took me by surprise...The actors were great...

Ciardelo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 13, 2017, 04:09:18 PM
Oh my fucking God. After all the shit you lot have come out with the last few days you're really going to tell me you trust the CIA now?

Hide your head in shame while whilst you're asking for forgiveness!
fify