• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Father Malachi Martin

Started by Max_TO, February 24, 2011, 08:50:24 PM

Max_TO

Hello all

I just managed to find and order a first edition signed copy of , Windswept House , by Father Malachi Martin !

I can't wait for it to come in the mail !

Was wondering if any of you out there have ever read any of Father Malachi Martin's book , and if so how did you like it ?

anagrammy

Max!  Thank you so much for starting this thread.  I have been thinking about Father Malachi Martin recently and wondering where I could get that famous CD  Coast promoted for so long (duh, shoulda gotten it then).  Have you seen it anywhere?

Also, did you see any inexpensive, unsigned copies of his work?  What was the deal with him--why do people like him so much?  I've seen him listed as a favorite but have forgotten why.

Anagrammy

aldousburbank

I recently read something about Fr. Malachi I thought was interesting.  I believe it was in the third of Peter Levenda's trilogy "Sinister Forces" where a paragraph or two mentions some of his connections to intelligence agents or agencies.  Sorry for the weak info but I already returned the book to the library.

onan

I had the cd... but for the life of me I do not know what I did with it... which means I threw it away.

I listed to M martin but I dunno I was never that impressed. I always got the feeling he may have been a street hustler. Then again he was a priest.

Max_TO

Quote from: anagrammy on February 27, 2011, 12:32:20 PM
Max!  Thank you so much for starting this thread.  I have been thinking about Father Malachi Martin recently and wondering where I could get that famous CD  Coast promoted for so long (duh, shoulda gotten it then).  Have you seen it anywhere?

Also, did you see any inexpensive, unsigned copies of his work?  What was the deal with him--why do people like him so much?  I've seen him listed as a favorite but have forgotten why.

Anagrammy

Hey there Anagrammy

If you are talking about M. Martin's various broadcasts on Art's show , I managed to DL them via torrent .
You should also be able to find a copy of Windswept house on amazon for not to much at all .

What's this I her ? There is an audio cd of Windswept house out there ?

Silent

He gets mentioned often in discussions of favorite guests that's for sure.  I recently revisited one of those interviews and was not impressed.  I remember hearing him back in the 90's and being facinated by stories of possession but I guess I've changed since then.  I imagine finding those shows wouldn't be too hard with some google searches.  That CD was called Perfect Possession if that helps.

Pretty sure I've heard all of his interviews. I always enjoyed them and imagined Fr Martin sitting back with a brandy during the interview. Also most disturbing quote:

"Twins can be identical. They have the same eyes. They have the same face. They have the same pubic hair."

Really Father, was that necessary?!

haloedorchid

I've heard a lot about Father Malachi Martin, but never actually heard him until a few days ago on the 24/7 stream. It was from his first appearance on the show.

I forgot what he said verbatim, but he was mentioning something about death and he said when he got to his late 70's, he would ask God if he could go. According to Wikipedia, he died at 79. Thought that was eerie.

Afixer

Quote from: onan on February 27, 2011, 01:24:49 PM

I listed to M martin but I dunno I was never that impressed. I always got the feeling he may have been a street hustler. Then again he was a priest.

Huh? .... "Street hustler".  Father Martin joined the Jesuit order in 1939. Think of Marine Corps in God's service. After taking vows of poverty, chasity and obedience he spent the next 25 years in school. In 1965 he was assigned to New York where he stayed until his death in 1999. I've read his book "Hostage To The Devil" PM me your address and I'll send it to you. Then again, there are things of Heaven and Earth some of us would be better served not knowing. No offence meant.

Afixer

Quote from: Max_TO on February 24, 2011, 08:50:24 PM
Hello all
Was wondering if any of you out there have ever read any of Father Malachi Martin's book , and if so how did you like it ?

I have. I'm holding a copy of Father Malachi Martin's "Hostage to the Devil" published in 1992 by Harper San Francisco (477 pages ) Non-Fiction

From the backcover ...
"The most shattering book on demonic possession isn't fiction at all but Malachi Martin's spellbinding work of interpretive reporting" - New York Daily News

"In the barrage of books on possession and exorcism, this is undoubtedly the most authoritative and convincing" - The Washington Post Book Review

"Martin is above all serious. He is not speaking about madness, about illusions or the irrational, but about the real beyond all reason ... He presents exorcism as ... a titantic clash of wills that threatens the lives, the sanity, even the souls of all attending." - Newsweek

I remember listening to Art remark once that given the opportunity to enter a time machine he would choose to go back to the time of Jesus. He wanted to know if all that was said about Him happened. Well ... nobody has a time machine. But there are some tangible evidences of life in the great beyond. If God exist then there would also be the opposite of ultimate good... ultimate evil. In our world there is the very rare case of demonic possession. Father Malachi Martin was a Jesuit Priest and an exorcist. This book describes the lives of five people and how each one came to be possessed by a power not of this world.

To answer the OP question "How did you like it?"  In a word ... disturbing. If the devil is real, then God must be too. If that's the case ...then what, if anything, does He expect of me? Therein lies the rub. If what He expects of me doesn't align itself with my own wants, desires and needs...then I'll convince myself it's all made-up nonsense. I'll choose to believe what pleases me ... and so it goes.

anagrammy

What we are now learning through quantum mechanics about the impact of thought over matter, one can safely assume that the belief/desire for there to be a demon (or the fear) could very well "create" or "manifest" a monstrous presence of evil.

There is no evidence that the existence of a Devil, if proved, means there must be a God. That is a logical fallacy.

An experience of demonic possession could be a ghost, an alien presence, a shadow person, a symptom of mental illness, any number of possibilities. 

Anagrammy

onan

There is no science that suggests out thoughts manipulate matter. None. Nadda. Zip.

There are many charlatans that make the claim. Sadly some of the charlatans do have credentials. However they do not have any verifiable data and no peer reviewed support.

Sadly, more people are willing to take faith on whimsy over the actual discipline of learning. Because it is easier to accept something fun than it is to put in actual work to understand a phenomenon. That is probably the most demonic thing about human beings.

I have seen hundreds of beguiling personalities, several claimed disassocitative disorders, many with delusional grandiosity believing either to be a divine spirit or compelled by evil. But not once have I seen the movie version of such events. No speaking a previously unknown language, no mysterious door slams, walls creaking, furniture moving, levitation. Not once.

When mentally stable people start talking about those things they are either telling a yarn, or they are purposefully lying. People lie all the time. All people lie on any given day about something. Father Malachi for his reasons gathered a bunch of information, cherry picked what he wanted and then elaborated. Yes priests lie. They are first a person like the rest of us. Father Malachi wouldn't have sold one book titled Perfect disassociative disease.

Quote from: anagrammy on June 14, 2011, 12:47:51 PM
What we are now learning through quantum mechanics about the impact of thought over matter...

Quantum mechanics has influence on a world at scales much smaller than we are used to in everyday life. It also does not include mind/matter effects or interaction at all.

Minni

I remember hearing him interviewed many years ago on radio (probably before C2C existed). At that time I was impressed despite growing up within conservative Judaism, for the sole reason that his disclosures of the machinations of evil entities were a balm for my own bitter experiences - and offered me desperately needed validation.

For that same reason, I also appreciated author Laile Bartlett, and also Evelyn Paglini, such as her realization & confirmation of what I already knew via RL to be true. To quote her:
QuoteHow does one know if they have been hexed or if they are just simply having bad luck? Paglini said bad luck runs in cycles and usually just in one area of your life, whereas in the case of a hex, a person might experience a host of problems in every area of their life, for sustained periods.

anagrammy

I may have recently jumped to the other side.

When George Noory was describing himself as having the power to wither the "competition" for the attentions of a young woman at a  bar, my mind began to open to the possibility that YROON, his true demonic name, may indeed have cursed Coast-to-Coast, causing it to die a slow agonizing death in our very ears, with us, its loved ones forced to watch but helpless to provide either aid or explanation...

Ahah!  What more reasonable explanation for the apparent apathy of the producers and management, but a blindness, or in this case, deafness, to the dying struggles of the formerly unique and turgidly healthy radio program, now a shadow of its formerself, visiting listerner prostitutes and clearly the victim of a debouched and dessicated existence.

The Picture of Dorian Gray comes to mind, my friends.  While Clear Channel continues on as an avatar of youth and success, it bundles the macabre between the walls and few suspect that Coast to Coast am bears the curse of one YROON, ageless under a never-changing bed of black seaweed, declaring to the world his doctrines and platitudes with no one daring speak against h his Demonic Regime....

Anagrammy

truthsbaby

concerning Fr. Martin. I was blessed to have had personal correspondences way back when I had ... k no laughing... WebTV  Lost all the emails when I got a pc.  He was a man of great incite and I found it easy to relate to him..I am a cradle catholic and knowing Fr. Martin actually brought me back to my faith.. I know sounds corny but it is true...I believe we are seeing today much of what he spoke of or the "fruits" of way back then.... He stated that the anti-Christ   was alive in 1996 if I am mistaken a good link is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malachi_Martin I too have had him in my thoughts and prayers recently ..guess that is what brought me here...

EvB

No offence to anyone - but am I the only person who found Father M creepy? Not uber-bad creepy like that Westboro Baptist nut-bunch, just spooky.  And i usually find all kinds of clerics at least mildly interesting.

onan

Quote from: EvB on June 23, 2011, 05:52:25 PM
No offence to anyone - but am I the only person who found Father M creepy? Not uber-bad creepy like that Westboro Baptist nut-bunch, just spooky.  And i usually find all kinds of clerics at least mildly interesting.

EvB in my book, you would have to spit on me and stab me at the same time for me to take your words offensively.

In my opinion, Martin was creepy. Anytime "end times" and anti-christ start being used in serious tones it has moved into the creepy zone. By my measure we really do not need an anti-christ, the supreme commander being is doing fine creating havoc all by himself.

anagrammy

Fr. Malachi Martin scared Truthsbaby right back to the dim halls of the Vatican?  Now THAT's creepier than anything I've heard yet.

Somebody please enlighten me on who, PLEASE ...WHO! did the glowy-eyed Father identify as the anti-Christ who was known to him in 1996?  I listened to three Fr. Martin shows and rose staggering but WITHOUT knowing if I innocently supported the anti by purchasing Raj Patel's book.  I met him in person, BTW, if anybody's wondering and no, his eyes did NOT glow nor was he particularly charismatic there in Martha's Bookstore in Claremont.  Just another author fulfilling commitments he made to the publisher.  Moving on....

Does the good father finger Prince William?   Like that one woman did.  Now that was a memorable show.  I'll never forget the pallid remarks of George Noory when the woman dropped her bombshell.  Made me wonder what in God's name would get a sincere "You are shitting me" out of him.  Maybe that area of the brain was destroyed by a stroke.  It happens more than you think.

Anagrammy

basswood

Albrecht: moving the conversation over here from henge0stone's thread.

Father Martin's views moved TO "traditional." Whe he was at Vatican II, he was still very much wide-eyed and hopeful of what the Council might bring. The Cardinal who we was assisting was actuallyvery liberal. It was the disillusionment with the Council that led him down the Trad path. Even in his old age, he still had a few holder "progressive" views. Anyway, the reasons the Sedes despise him is because of not only his involvement in VII but because of hia stalwart support for the Society of Saint Pius X, whom they are very critical of and see as damaging to their own philosophic position. Sedes, to a man, are reactionary and combative and have no qualms about getting dirty.

*Apologies for the typos, on a crappy old iPad.

Quote from: Max_TO on February 24, 2011, 08:50:24 PM
Hello all

I just managed to find and order a first edition signed copy of , Windswept House , by Father Malachi Martin !

I can't wait for it to come in the mail !

I read both "Windswept House" and "Hostage to the Devil."  I thought they were both fascinating, and once I got into them, I couldn't put them down.

With regard to "Windswept House," the only thing I'll say (and I don't want to spoil it for anyone) is that I was a bit disappointed with the ending.  Given that the book was kind of a mirror, in a sense, to real world events, I understand why he had to end it the way he did.  The book kept me on the edge of my seat at times, though, and I kept wanting to know what would happen next.  He did a very good job of transporting the reader right into the scenes.

Quote from: basswood on April 01, 2015, 08:16:08 PM
Albrecht: moving the conversation over here from henge0stone's thread.
Based on some of the comments you made on the other thread, I came over here to recommend that you read "Windswept House."  It gives a good insight into how things like his own "mysterious death" are orchestrated, and how events are manipulated behind the scenes.  Even though the time of the story has passed, I think that the world has continued on the same track that he described in the book.

basswood

Quote from: Open Lines Gerry on April 02, 2015, 12:54:38 PM
Based on some of the comments you made on the other thread, I came over here to recommend that you read "Windswept House."  It gives a good insight into how things like his own "mysterious death" are orchestrated, and how events are manipulated behind the scenes.  Even though the time of the story has passed, I think that the world has continued on the same track that he described in the book.

Thanks! I've actually read it a few times over the years, as well as Hostage (and almost everything else he's written). There is a Skeleton Key to the characters in Windswept House as Father Martin based each one upon a either a real person or an amalgamation of persons. I'm sure it can still be found in some of the dark corners of the interwebs. Otherwise, I'm sure I have it stowed in a box somewhere if you wanted it. Although most names are less familiar to people now than they were when it was published. And as great as it was (I think, anyway), over the years it has lost some of its luster as the Church scandals have outdone themselves; the problems in the Church are not as palatable or exciting in real life as they are in fiction. Also, Father Martin's book on the Jesuits is fantastic if you have the mind for ecclesiastic details.

Quote from: basswood on April 02, 2015, 01:39:14 PM
There is a Skeleton Key to the characters in Windswept House as Father Martin based each one upon a either a real person or an amalgamation of persons. I'm sure it can still be found in some of the dark corners of the interwebs. Otherwise, I'm sure I have it stowed in a box somewhere if you wanted it.
I'll do some research and will check it out.

Quote from: basswood on April 02, 2015, 01:39:14 PM
Also, Father Martin's book on the Jesuits is fantastic if you have the mind for ecclesiastic details.
Thanks for the tip.  Maybe I'll throw it onto my next Amazon order, or look for it at the library.

albrecht

Quote from: Open Lines Gerry on April 02, 2015, 12:54:38 PM
Thanks. You know I read "Windswept" when it first came out but really don't remember much of it being so long ago. I think it is due for a re-read, especially in light of current goings-on. If you find the "Skeleton Key" to it please post a link. Thanks.

albrecht

Quote from: basswood on April 02, 2015, 03:50:11 PM
Here you go: http://www.traditio.com/tradlib/wind.txt
Now that is good service ;). Thanks! I'm going to have to revisit the book along with the skeleton key.

albrecht

Does anyone remember the PBS Frontline special "God's Banker?" Regarding the hanging death of Roberto Calvi under Black Friar's Bridge? Malachi Martin is featured as expert and, besides the conspiracy and interest of the story, I mention because the accent of Malachi seems different than during the interviews on C2C and other radio shows, it seems to me at least. Sorta weird. I mention in passing, not claiming anything, just found it interesting.
http://tvnews.vanderbilt.edu/program.pl?ID=934335
can be likely found on torrents (bad quality) or youtubes....

Sean Hannity interview with Malachi Martin.  Hannity actually does a good job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlOMNHG6zVE

chefist

There is a great new TV show called, "Outcast". The focus is on demon possession and exorcism. The last episode had an example of "perfect possession". I think I'm going to re-listen to that show with Art and Father Martin tonight...always creeps me out.