• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell's ef ups LOL

Started by Queen, February 18, 2011, 04:31:13 AM

Queen

The biggest ef up i ever herd art bell do came on the night of August 19, 1998.  He was interviewing 2 people about NDE's  and apparently sometime before the show started one of the guests said "just between you and me" not wanting to go public that she would try the drug x to have an NDE experience. During the show Art forgot and blabbed it on the radio and she was hot LOL

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NIN on February 18, 2011, 04:31:13 AM
The biggest ef up i ever herd art bell do came on the night of August 19, 1998.  He was interviewing 2 people about NDE's  and apparently sometime before the show started one of the guests said "just between you and me" not wanting to go public that she would try the drug x to have an NDE experience. During the show Art forgot and blabbed it on the radio and she was hot LOL
hey, i have that one.  i'm going to have to take a listen.

aldousburbank

Quote from: NIN on February 18, 2011, 04:31:13 AM
one of the guests said "just between you and me" not wanting to go public that she would try the drug x to have an NDE experience.

Must have been Special K.  Whyzit people want to see the other side when they haven't even fully grokked over here yet?  Geez, like 87.5 years is too long to wait...

George sucks

Anyone remember when Art would forget to run the commercials? He'd get so engrossed in the topic and conversation he would flat out not run the commercials. I think I heard him do that maybe three separate times. For a couple half hour segments, then once for a whole hour. Then he would scramble to cram the commercial runs into the next segment after sheepishly announcing that yes, he forgot, and now everyone was going to have to endure a ton of commercials running for a while. Hilarious.

Or the time he was interviewing the guy that made the movie "Blair Witch Project". About an hour and a half into the show, Art asks this guy, "So, how were the tapes found?" I swear you could hear all of radio land stop. Art, for some reason, still hadn't figured out that the people in the movie were actors. This after watching the movie AND interviewing the guy that made it for an hour and a half! He thought they were some discovered tapes of an event or something like that, and then the movie was put together from real life tapes. Art about fell out of his chair when the guest told him the people in the movie were actors. Think he even had to go to some kind of break real quick to get his bearings again.

The General

Quote from: George sucks on April 24, 2011, 04:12:07 AM
Or the time he was interviewing the guy that made the movie "Blair Witch Project". About an hour and a half into the show, Art asks this guy, "So, how were the tapes found?" I swear you could hear all of radio land stop. Art, for some reason, still hadn't figured out that the people in the movie were actors. This after watching the movie AND interviewing the guy that made it for an hour and a half! He thought they were some discovered tapes of an event or something like that, and then the movie was put together from real life tapes. Art about fell out of his chair when the guest told him the people in the movie were actors. Think he even had to go to some kind of break real quick to get his bearings again.
Noooooo!  Art!  If there were ever an appropriate time to say FACEPALM, it's here.

Harmness

Deciding to kiss an open tube of super glue was my favorite.

Quote from: George sucks on April 24, 2011, 04:12:07 AM
Anyone remember when Art would forget to run the commercials? He'd get so engrossed in the topic and conversation he would flat out not run the commercials. I think I heard him do that maybe three separate times. For a couple half hour segments, then once for a whole hour. Then he would scramble to cram the commercial runs into the next segment after sheepishly announcing that yes, he forgot, and now everyone was going to have to endure a ton of commercials running for a while. Hilarious.

I don't remember this interview, but I do remember the marketing for the blair witch movie and it was very deceptive in the early stages, representing the movie as though it consisted of recovered footage of a real event. I was sad and angry when I found out it wasn't. I still have not and will not watch the entire film, only what I have seen in passing.

George sucks

That was a great thing about Art. He could do a facepalm, double dumb ass, or wtf was he thinking moment every night if it went that way. The show would still be the best because he would come right back on center, just like a compass. The show would take the same path of awesome just like it always would. Shouldn't say always, he had a couple slow nights. Just a couple though. Therefore thou Art forgiven.

Noory? Let him pull that 'Blair Witch' stunt and it's just more ammo to take him down with. Not to say there is a double standard, Noory is dog puke. But rather, maybe that's a measure of how great you are -- the stupid things you can get away with.   

George sucks

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 25, 2011, 09:01:55 PM
I don't remember this interview, but I do remember the marketing for the blair witch movie and it was very deceptive in the early stages, representing the movie as though it consisted of recovered footage of a real event. I was sad and angry when I found out it wasn't. I still have not and will not watch the entire film, only what I have seen in passing.

Right there with you, still haven't seen the movie either. Good on ya'.