• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 07, 2017, 01:10:05 PM
I find that 90% of the statistics found on line is bogus and the remaining 10% is suspect.  Figures lie and liars figure.

Cute!  ;D

Jackstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6ruTsHb9xA

Hot off the press. When that shill comes back, give her this with the Ludovico Technique.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2017, 01:10:43 PM
Cute!  ;D

Of course I exaggerate, 0.05% are sports statistics which are hard to fudge. 

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 06, 2017, 11:48:04 PM
GG, Attempting to defend Hillary here at BG is an exercise in futility. The Trump devotees come here daily and use her as their first line of defense to deflect any blame or criticism leveled at their glorious leader. Even though it's a new year and she's out of the picture, they'll likely carry on until they find a suitable replacement to take the heat off their master's screw ups . 21st Century Man is the only Trump voter here with any sign of objectivity.

Hi Lt., I've enjoyed your insightful posts!

Yep, you're right about the Trump fans here. I only started coming to BellGab because I was looking for a forum for people to share their thoughts about Coast to Coast. I think I'll should stick mainly with the threads devoted to George Noory and the guest hosts. Everyone seems to get along there. :)

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Jackstar on January 07, 2017, 09:11:02 AM
When was such an assertion made, and who made it? Be specific. Do it now.

Whoever was responsible for that ridiculous story about "PizzaGate," that's who. It wasn't you, was it?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 07, 2017, 11:03:56 AM
Nah, that's bullshit. You were snowed. Pretentious ideas like "tolerance" have never been on anyone's agenda and never will be, it's just a way for left wing politicians to fish for votes. Islam is a set of ideas, not a race or a person. Therefore it should subject to the same scrutiny that Nazism was rightfully subjected to. When you apply that scrutiny it becomes readily apparent that it's a bunch of bullshit fake ideas from the past in much the same way that Nazism was also a bunch of bullshit fake ideas. Collective delusions are fine, people are free to believe whatever they wish. But when they start killing people en masse, as Islam does, then you either stomp the fuck out of that ideology until it stops killing people as we did with Nazism and Japanese Emperor worship or we lose the western world.

You have to have tolerance in religion, unless you want to have something like the Thirty Years War that, conservatively, killed 20% of the population of Central Europe, which some putting the figure as high as 40%. Tolerance means that the majority in a state grudgingly grants rights to minorities, and it happens all the time. Islam is a religion, Nazism is an ideology, that isn't even up for discussion. Conservatives get misty-eyed about the Constitution; well one of its provisions is freedom of religion, not freedom to pursue the religion the State deems acceptable. You might as well say that politicians shouldn't look for votes in the Christian community, because they don't like gays either.  Anyway, what's wrong with appealing to voters? Isn't that what democracy is all about? If they don't like the message then they don't vote them in.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 07, 2017, 09:25:59 AM
What you call " tolerance" on the part of the left is in reality a pandering to fringe groups who aspire to gain influence and control to a degree that is grossly out of proportion to their numbers.  More importantly,  furtherance of their agenda in many instances does not just conflict with the average American's sense of morality and what they want for their children, but, because of the stridency and shrillness of the SJWs, they see the body politic and judiciary getting bogged down in controversy over frivolous matters that divert attention and diminishing resources away from issues of much greater importance to all Americans.  The most recent example of this is the battle over transgender toilet facilities. 

The legitimate minority rights movement in this country has evolved into a tyranny of the minority aided and abetted by democrat vote buying.  Recognition of this most certainly played a part in the Dems recent shellacking.   Of course the Dems would have us believe that their defeat was due to rampant racism and backward puritanical beliefs of voters rather than a rejection of the extremism their party has come to represent.

I'm guessing you watch/listen to a lot of right-wing media. It shows. I'll just point this out (not that you will take any notice) but the sorts of things that have you fulminating are very small beer but are inflated out of all proportion to their significance by Rush and co, and you lot fall for it. I hear lots of people (white people, late middle-age people, usually) who think they are under some sort of ideological attack,  yet this paranoid fantasy is lived out entirely through the prism of Fox News or wherever rather than their real lives. You're a pawn in a media game and you just don't see it.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 07, 2017, 02:43:14 PM
You have to have tolerance in religion, unless you want to have something like the Thirty Years War that, conservatively, killed 20% of the population of Central Europe, which some putting the figure as high as 40%. Tolerance means that the majority in a state grudgingly grants rights to minorities, and it happens all the time. Islam is a religion, Nazism is an ideology, that isn't even up for discussion. Conservatives get misty-eyed about the Constitution; well one of its provisions is freedom of religion, not freedom to pursue the religion the State deems acceptable. You might as well say that politicians shouldn't look for votes in the Christian community, because they don't like gays either.  Anyway, what's wrong with appealing to voters? Isn't that what democracy is all about? If they don't like the message then they don't vote them in.

There is no difference between religions and ideologies. Both seek to impose control on humans for better or worse. That is their purpose. This is why religions were typically coupled with the state, i.e. why the Russian Orthodox Church pines away for the Czars, the Catholic church crowned Charlemagne and the Greek Orthodox church still flies the banner of Byzantium, and the Queen still heads the CofE. You can even extend that to innocuous Buddhism where the Dalai Llama remains an enemy of the state to China. In the US, religion was purposefully uncoupled from the state but remains one of our biggest political influences. And, let's not forget that one of Nazism's goals was to establish itself as an alternative to religion. Communism has done much the same, look at the leadership worship that goes on in North Korea.

The problem with Islam is that it is as political as religions are capable of getting. It's even got its own legal system and spread itself through political conquest. None of that is compatible, in any way, with modern western cultural values. They have proven within their own countries that they are not tolerant as a rule and cannot ever be tolerant if they follow their religion correctly. These are countries where homosexuality is punishable by death, which is anathema to everything western tolerance movements are supposed to be for.

I'm not saying that war is needed here, rather proper education in the middle east instead of madrasas. But what I am saying is that domestic civil war starting with terrorism is the end result of importing massive quantities of devout Muslims to our countries and they will be the ones that start it. With Islam, blind tolerance is dangerous and its time for it to be looked at like we look at Nazism. Fuck tolerance, it's time for pragmatism as far as who we allow in our countries is concerned.

Juan

Perhaps Shreddy is the reincarnation of Richard Burton - the original one, not Mr. Jenkins.

Quote from: Juan on January 07, 2017, 03:48:24 PM
Perhaps Shreddy is the reincarnation of Richard Burton - the original one, not Mr. Jenkins.

I wonder if Shreddy measures the length of penises like Burton did.  For scholastic purposes of course. :P

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 07, 2017, 02:43:14 PM
You have to have tolerance in religion, unless you want to have something like the Thirty Years War that, conservatively, killed 20% of the population of Central Europe, which some putting the figure as high as 40%. Tolerance means that the majority in a state grudgingly grants rights to minorities, and it happens all the time. Islam is a religion...

Islam is also a judicial system and a governing system. 

Until those are separated out and deleted, it's incompatible with democracy - as it is showing us.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 07, 2017, 02:52:39 PM
I'm guessing you watch/listen to a lot of right-wing media. It shows. I'll just point this out (not that you will take any notice) but the sorts of things that have you fulminating are very small beer but are inflated out of all proportion to their significance by Rush and co, and you lot fall for it. I hear lots of people (white people, late middle-age people, usually) who think they are under some sort of ideological attack,  yet this paranoid fantasy is lived out entirely through the prism of Fox News or wherever rather than their real lives. You're a pawn in a media game and you just don't see it.

This is lame even for you.

When even the D's themselves admit to abandoning ''the deplorables'' who are ''clinging to their religion and guns'' the middle class in ''fly-over country''   the normal parts of the US middle America, who is it they've been pandering to and whose agenda's have they been pushing instead?

It can't the ''the rich'', they are all personal friends of Trump.  It can't be the poor, for some reason they only come out heavily when Barrack Obama's name is on the ballot, and don't seem overly impressed with the rest of the party - in any case they're no better off than they were 50 years ago when the Ds began their ''War on Poverty'', so what have the Ds really been up to instead of fine-tuning that mess?

That leaves the East and West Coast ''Progressives''.  And what are their pet causes again?  (Hint:  you can find out by reading the daily headlines in most major city newspapers, watching TV news, or sitting in nearly any classroom over the past 30 years).

SredniVashtar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2017, 04:32:02 PM
This is lame even for you.

Disagree with me all you want. You have a point of view that's different to mine and I respect that, but if you want to be a dick then I will respond in kind. I'd really rather not, that's all.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2017, 04:07:16 PM
Islam is also a judicial system and a governing system. 

Until those are separated out and deleted, it's incompatible with democracy

That's right. Maybe it's time we update our Pledge of Allegiance to "one nation under various Gods and Goddesses." Or perhaps it would be safer to leave religion out of it, "one nation under no gods."

K_Dubb

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 07, 2017, 03:16:19 PM
The problem with Islam is that it is as political as religions are capable of getting. It's even got its own legal system and spread itself through political conquest. None of that is compatible, in any way, with modern western cultural values. They have proven within their own countries that they are not tolerant as a rule and cannot ever be tolerant if they follow their religion correctly. These are countries where homosexuality is punishable by death, which is anathema to everything western tolerance movements are supposed to be for.

That's very much a modern phenomenon.  Western observers were scandalized by licentious Muslim states as recently as a hundred years ago.  You still get some of that in reports coming out of Afghanistan.

The problem is that its current brand of fundamentalism has seized upon the idea of an external, Western enemy based on our propping up brutal dictators in the region and our support for Israel.  They have a point.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 07, 2017, 02:52:39 PM

I have a feeling you mostly just hear the disembodied voices in your head that have deluded you into believing that the tripe you so smugly spew with tedious regularity makes you sound intelligent. All I hear are disjointed strings of big words inflated by hot air and filtered through a fancy accent.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 07, 2017, 05:52:23 PM
That's very much a modern phenomenon.  Western observers were scandalized by licentious Muslim states as recently as a hundred years ago.

The problem is that its current brand of fundamentalism has seized upon the idea of an external, Western enemy based on our propping up brutal dictators in the region and our support for Israel.  They have a point.
And a history of supporting so-called "royals" in the region who promote the worst parts of Islam and fund terrorism and terrorist training madrassas all over the world, preaching the message of jihad and arcane, violent parts of the Haidith and Koran to young, impressionable, poor, and illiterate males in the hope that the same crazies won't attack them. If it wasn't for oil it could be possible that Islam would've turned out to be a peaceful or a religion that can accommodate some modernity. But by happenstance oil&gas were discovered underneath the most backward, culture-less people in the region and we, collective "western" we, decided that we could use them against others in the region and get that precious fuel as well.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 07, 2017, 05:57:08 PM
I have a feeling you mostly just hear the disembodied voices in your head that have deluded you into believing that the tripe you so smugly spew with tedious regularity makes you sound intelligent. All I hear are disjointed strings of big words inflated by hot air and filtered through a fancy accent.

Listen, you old fuck. I know life in that retirement home offers few thrills, but it's not going to end well for you if you start in on me. Don't get downhearted, I understand they have Salisbury steak on the  menu today, and there's that ice cream social to look forward to tomorrow. I wouldn't look too far forward though, because I doubt you're going to last much beyond the end of next week.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2017, 05:58:26 PM
And a history of supporting so-called "royals" in the region who promote the worst parts of Islam and fund terrorism and terrorist training madrassas all over the world, preaching the message of jihad and arcane, violent parts of the Haidith and Koran to young, impressionable, poor, and illiterate males in the hope that the same crazies won't attack them. If it wasn't for oil it could be possible that Islam would've turned out to be a peaceful or a religion that can accommodate some modernity. But by happenstance oil&gas were discovered underneath the most backward, culture-less people in the region and we, collective "western" we, decided that we could use them against others in the region and get that precious fuel as well.

That is a good point, but ultimately I think this can all be blamed on poor old Lawrence of Arabia for prying Mecca loose from the old Empire.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 07, 2017, 03:16:19 PM
There is no difference between religions and ideologies. Both seek to impose control on humans for better or worse. That is their purpose. This is why religions were typically coupled with the state, i.e. why the Russian Orthodox Church pines away for the Czars, the Catholic church crowned Charlemagne and the Greek Orthodox church still flies the banner of Byzantium, and the Queen still heads the CofE. You can even extend that to innocuous Buddhism where the Dalai Llama remains an enemy of the state to China. In the US, religion was purposefully uncoupled from the state but remains one of our biggest political influences. And, let's not forget that one of Nazism's goals was to establish itself as an alternative to religion. Communism has done much the same, look at the leadership worship that goes on in North Korea.

I'm not saying that war is needed here, rather proper education in the middle east instead of madrasas. But what I am saying is that domestic civil war starting with terrorism is the end result of importing massive quantities of devout Muslims to our countries and they will be the ones that start it. With Islam, blind tolerance is dangerous and its time for it to be looked at like we look at Nazism. Fuck tolerance, it's time for pragmatism as far as who we allow in our countries is concerned.

I think your naive to think "proper education" will change a 7th century mentality that has successfully resisted any movement towards the type of reforms that other religions have undergone and remains intractable in its determination to make Islam the world's religion.  Whatever one thinks about religion Islam cannot be compared to any other religion practiced in the modern world for the reasons you indicate.  There is nothing that will change hearts and minds in the Muslim world as long the inevitability of all peoples of the world bowing to Islam remains the central tenet of their belief.  The best outcome that can be realistically sought is reversal of the inroads militant islamists have made into western culture and destruction in detail of their ability to wage jihad worldwide.  Of course hysterical idealists will refuse to believe what history and our own painful experience have proven true.  Unfortunately this means that shit is going to get blown up and people are going to get killed.  Better them than us.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 07, 2017, 06:06:35 PM
Listen, you old fuck. I know life in that retirement home offers few thrills, but it's not going to end well for you if you start in on me. Don't get downhearted, I understand they have Salisbury steak on the  menu today, and there's that ice cream social to look forward to tomorrow. I wouldn't look too far forward though, because I doubt you're going to last much beyond the end of next week.

RGG better enjoy that Salisbury steak while he still has teeth. A new set might not be covered under his next health plan.

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 07, 2017, 06:12:21 PM
I think your naive to think "proper education" will change a 7th century mentality that has successfully resisted any movement towards the type of reforms that other religions have undergone and remains intractable in its determination to make Islam the world's religion.  Whatever one thinks about religion Islam cannot be compared to any other religion practiced in the modern world for the reasons you indicate.  There is nothrring that will change hearts and minds in the Muslim world as long the inevitability of all peoples of the world bowing to Islam remains the central tenet of their belief.  The best outcome that can be realistically sought is reversal of the inroads militant islamists have made into western culture and destruction in detail of their ability to wage jihad worldwide.  Of course hysterical idealists will refuse to believe what history and our own painful experience have proven true.
Which is why it is fascinating to see how leftists love Islam and always are telling us it is a 'religion of peace', let in "refugees," change our laws or culture to accommodate Muslims, etc. When, in practice, they are the anti-thesis of what leftists promote: they are anti-homosexual, misogynistic, against secular education, believe in a god, practice slavery, demand a large public role for religion, etc. The only thing going for Islam is that they also share the hatred of Western culture, capitalism, national borders, Christianity, etc and so they promote it, even when it bites them in some terror attack or rape.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 07, 2017, 06:13:53 PM
RGG better enjoy that Salisbury steak while he still has teeth. A new set might not be covered under his next health plan.

I think that ship has sailed if his toothless posts are any guide.

Art_s Farts

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2017, 06:17:32 PM
Which is why it is fascinating to see how leftists love Islam and always are telling us it is a 'religion of peace', let in "refugees," change our laws or culture to accommodate Muslims, etc. When, in practice, they are the anti-thesis of what leftists promote: they are anti-homosexual, misogynistic, against secular education, believe in a god, practice slavery, demand a large public role for religion, etc. The only thing going for Islam is that they also share the hatred of Western culture, capitalism, national borders, Christianity, etc and so they promote it, even when it bites them in some terror attack or rape.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2017, 06:17:32 PM

Hmm, I never have said any such thing. But carry on. And I see myself as left of centre with some right of centre proclivities, such as mandatory female bondage, and daily spankings.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2017, 06:47:11 PM
Hmm, I never have said any such thing. But carry on. And I see myself as left of centre with some right of centre proclivities, such as mandatory female bondage, and daily spankings.

So you're not as kinky as the average Brit.  Loosen up dude, you're  too much of a tight ass.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on January 07, 2017, 02:20:28 PM
Hi Lt., I've enjoyed your insightful posts!

Yep, you're right about the Trump fans here. I only started coming to BellGab because I was looking for a forum for people to share their thoughts about Coast to Coast. I think I'll should stick mainly with the threads devoted to George Noory and the guest hosts. Everyone seems to get along there. :)

Okay, you're Nancy Pelosi aren't you? 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 07, 2017, 06:21:51 PM
I think that ship has sailed if his toothless posts are any guide.

The caliphate will just knock your teeth out before using your mouth as fuck chamber. I think this is what you want, right?

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on January 07, 2017, 05:47:43 PM
That's right. Maybe it's time we update our Pledge of Allegiance to "one nation under various Gods and Goddesses." Or perhaps it would be safer to leave religion out of it, "one nation under no gods."

This is a perfect example of why the 19th Amendment was a big mistake. Anyone who runs for office on a pledge to repeal it will have my vote.

Jackstar

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on January 07, 2017, 02:22:33 PM
that ridiculous story about "PizzaGate," that's who. It wasn't you, was it?

You're a complete idiot who deserves nothing but scorn, beating, and ostracism.

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on January 07, 2017, 02:20:28 PM
I think I'll should stick mainly with the threads devoted to George Noory and the guest hosts. Everyone seems to get along there. :)

see above, re: "complete idiot," cross referenced with "I hope you get ass cancer in your head and die in a fire."

I'm not kidding. Eat shit first.