• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 13, 2021, 04:10:31 PM
What goes on the in the Congressional cloakroom or sauna, stays in the Congressional cloakroom and sauna.

I'm in Corona-Chan -now limited thankfully- lockdown but now "Arctic Blasts" and ice etc so stay home, so I was hoping witnesses and more high-jinx in the Show Trial. So disappointed. Frigging DC politics.

Well,  I wonder what Svengoolie has on later.... "The Invisible Man" a bonafide classic! I almost might watch another way without his jokes and commercial breaks- despite all the pleadings from greats Joe Namath, Johnny Bench, and Tom Selleck in those commercials.
Ha!  As I was reading your first sentences, I was going to suggest Sven tonight.  All the locals are freaking out over the dreaded coming “Arctic Blast,” so I’m going with the flow and staying at home in the bunker, anyway, Corona Chan or not.  Having grown up in the Midwest with sub zero weather being just another day of winter, I just chuckle.  Cold for me is when you can walk from Ohio to Kentucky on the Ohio river.

I can only imagine what cold is for our fine Canadian friends.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 13, 2021, 04:18:22 PM
Haha now Pelosi is upset that Turtle pointed out Trump would never be convicted of incitement in a criminal court, which is perfectly true.  Their impeachment article was a sloppy disgrace, she is out of her league, the Senate is a deliberative body not the outrage olympics
The whole deal was ridiculous- on all sides. Sloppy motions, bad readings, bad spellings, bad precedents, bad charging, lame maskings, strange appeals to emotions, crocodile tears, wrong parliamentary procedures, misunderstandings of rules, pronunciation problems, and all kinds of minorities and tribes -and almost everything was ridiculous. It is amazing how Trump has buried into people's brains, on both 'sides' of DC, so that some basic stuff can't be done!

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 13, 2021, 04:24:02 PM
Ha!  As I was reading your first sentences, I was going to suggest Sven tonight.  All the locals are freaking out over the dreaded coming “Arctic Blast,” so I’m going with the flow and staying at home in the bunker, anyway, Corona Chan or not.  Having grown up in the Midwest with sub zero weather being just another day of winter, I just chuckle.  Cold for me is when you can walk from Ohio to Kentucky on the Ohio river.

Yeah. Ha. I got Viking blood so don't mind the cold but still don't want to deal with a car piles up and all the insurance claims. But I do laugh at people here who look like braving some Arctic expedition when it gets below 50. Likewise how everyone in normal times need to have water bottle all the time- like in some desert trek.

This one they claim could be single digits which is serious- mainly because the way houses are built here. Up in the Great White North, even our Midwest, you bury pipes DEEP and insulate better. Not here, so we will see!

The CNN guy with the puddy-nose just said "bullshit" on air! I'm reporting to FCC.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on February 13, 2021, 04:24:35 PM
The whole deal was ridiculous- on all sides. Sloppy motions, bad readings, bad spellings, bad precedents, bad charging, lame maskings, strange appeals to emotions, crocodile tears, wrong parliamentary procedures, misunderstandings of rules, pronunciation problems, and all kinds of minorities and tribes -and almost everything was ridiculous. It is amazing how Trump has buried into people's brains, on both 'sides' of DC, so that some basic stuff can't be done!
It’s almost as if inside the beltway is some kind of lame, self-serving swamp.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on February 13, 2021, 04:34:00 PM
It’s almost as if inside the beltway is some kind of lame, self-serving swamp.

I won't say lame- there are great bars, country clubs, cocktail parties, parks, and restaurants. And buildings, museums, and monuments (for now, they are likely to be pulled down or 'cancelled' soon. Too much white or Western influence.) But for the latter. for sure.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on February 13, 2021, 06:53:32 PM
Trump 2 - dims 0

That’s the real size of it but I just went out for a few things (miserably cold out) and was listening to Dems on a ABC affiliate wring their hands about it and say that regardless, history will remember how awful he was. Since they write it they’ll make sure of that. ;D

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 13, 2021, 07:05:48 PM
That’s the real size of it but I just went out for a few things (miserably cold out) and was listening to Dems on a ABC affiliate wring their hands about it and say that regardless, history will remember how awful he was. Since they write it they’ll make sure of that. ;D

Did you go in the out door?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 13, 2021, 07:11:35 PM

Yes but I decided I’m going to start complying with the mask rule though.

However, I will only speak as Bane while doing so. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 13, 2021, 07:11:35 PM
Why always the Led Zeppelin references all the time? It sold lots, but was pretty weak fare in comparison to earlier stuff (some of which was cribbed, allegedly.)  As Dave said "he's winding down, folks." Having said that seeing Mohammedans practicing their faith via defenestration, wait auto-correct from roof tops so not correct term,  also gets old.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on February 13, 2021, 07:17:03 PM
Why always the Led Zeppelin references all the time? It sold lots, but was pretty weak fare in comparison to earlier stuff (some of which was cribbed, allegedly.)  As Dave said "he's winding down, folks." Having said that seeing Mohammedans practicing their faith via defenestration also gets old.

I love that album! And there’s no alledgedly about Zeppelin’s music theft. They probably only wrote about 3 songs themselves before In Through the Out Door.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiiY4ciKFQA

* I exaggerate. I think Physical Graffiti was mostly original too but before that there was certainly a whole lot of lifting goin on. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 13, 2021, 07:20:19 PM
I love that album! And there’s no alledgedly about Zeppelin’s music theft. They probably only wrote about 3 songs themselves before In Through the Out Door.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiiY4ciKFQA

* I exaggerate. I think Physical Graffiti was mostly original too but before that there was certainly a whole lot of lifting goin on. ;)
Wowsers. That Bobby Parker "Watch your step" riff. Ouch. I wonder though if just like most musicians they "adopt" from what they heard or if real steal? Almost every music adopts things but simple music, like rock, or worse "music" like rap etc copies and adopts things and changes stuff etc. With limited chord progressions and such, but some of those were pretty blatant.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on February 13, 2021, 07:35:47 PM
Wowsers. That Bobby Parker "Watch your step" riff. Ouch. I wonder though if just like most musicians they "adopt" from what they heard or if real steal? Almost every music adopts things but simple music, like rock, or worse "music" like rap etc copies and adopts things and changes stuff etc. With limited chord progressions and such, but some of those were pretty blatant.

The sheer volume of lifted ideas (many of them virually identical) tells you it’s plagerism. They’ve lost enough lawsuits to prove that. However, they were brilliant plagerists who really made that stolen music their own. They made us appreciate musical plagerists. The Beatles lifted a fair bit too because all young Brits back then were being inspired by American R&B and early Rock & Roll. And like one famous Spaniard once said:

aldousburbank

Cold is not weather for Canadians, it is religion.

K_Dubb

Sounds like somebody was threatening to pull back the curtain.

During the Senate break after the witness vote Saturday, Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) twice came into the managers’ room off the Senate floor, according to multiple Democratic sources. Coons pressed House Democrats to relent, saying their quest for witnesses would cost them Republican votes to convict and maybe even some Democrats.

"The jury is ready to vote," Coons told the managers, according to a senior House Democratic aide. "People want to get home for Valentine‘s Day."

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/13/senate-democrats-impeachment-witnesses-468992

WOTR

Quote from: Juan on February 13, 2021, 06:53:32 PM
Trump 2 - dims 0

I'm waiting for part 3. And then, like star wars- I want a prequel and a sequel and a few spin-offs... Don't stop now... There are still Republicans who have not been investigated. As a matter of fact, if you can win enough seats, I would suggest that all those who voted against impeachment be impeached for failing to convict Trump.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 13, 2021, 04:18:22 PM
The Senate is a deliberative body not the outrage olympics
I think I am going to "borrow" your phrase of the outrage olympics...

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 13, 2021, 04:21:19 PM
She left him like six years ago, he should have been working on his revenge body this whole time.

Who is to say that it is not? Perhaps she had a thing for obese pigs and that is his revenge body.

Silphion

Bah! Layer up, shoot a few hockey pucks and stop whining.

Most Canadians live below the 49th parallel anyway.

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on February 14, 2021, 12:41:18 AM
I think I am going to "borrow" your phrase of the outrage olympics...

Oh it is not mine!  I am sure I read it years ago, probably here.

Who is to say that it is not? Perhaps she had a thing for obese pigs and that is his revenge body.

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on February 14, 2021, 12:32:23 AM
I'm waiting for part 3. And then, like star wars- I want a prequel and a sequel and a few spin-offs... Don't stop now... There are still Republicans who have not been investigated. As a matter of fact, if you can win enough seats, I would suggest that all those who voted against impeachment be impeached for failing to convict Trump.
Maybe Trump should declare he’s now running for a Senate seat for 2022.  Imagine the hue and cry from an outraged DC establishment.  It would provide further entertainment until he then declares he’s going to run for the White House again, after becoming a senator. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: ItsOver on February 14, 2021, 07:43:36 AM
Maybe Trump should declare he’s now running for a Senate seat for 2022.  Imagine the hue and cry from an outraged DC establishment.  It would provide further entertainment until he then declares he’s going to run for the White House again, after becoming a senator. 

Favorite scenario.

Runs for house representative in Florida. GOP wins majority in the house in 2022. Trump gets elected speaker of the house. The house impeaches Biden and Harris.  But not enough votes in the Senate to convict. Trump runs for reelection in 2024.  <Bam>

Dr. MD MD

Stupid cunt “reporter” tries the usual reframe with Trump’s lawyer and gets more than she bargained for:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1360985072959188998

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 14, 2021, 03:27:00 PM
Stupid cunt “reporter” tries the usual reframe with Trump’s lawyer and gets more than she bargained for:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1360985072959188998
Her logic and defense of "just a bit of manufacturing evidence" is like their arguments about "well, it was only just a bit of voter fraud." Now, granted, like a business with shrinkage, there will always be mistakes and fraud levels, but they still should be investigated and corrected when possible. But shouldn't be just simply dismissed and written-off as an infamous person says about looting, attacks, and rioting as "people will do what they do." I always enjoy when people go after the media.

WOTR

Quote from: WOTR on February 14, 2021, 12:32:23 AM
...I would suggest that all those who voted against impeachment be impeached for failing to convict Trump.

Bwahaha! Best thing ever. It's like my satire and jokes are prophetic... "Co-conspirators." Just a matter of time before we can put them all on trial. 

February 10, 2021 <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>