• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 01, 2020, 01:00:31 PM
And your not thinking that makes it so, does it?

Do you have any proof that it doesn't? Show your work.

DanTSX

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 12:53:05 PM
I thought about that. One of the pieces may have been an op-ed.
discredited

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 01:03:30 PM
Do you have any proof that it doesn't? Show your work.

The onus is on you to prove what you’re saying is true and convince us of that and you’ve utterly failed to do that. What is it about you and failure?

DanTSX

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 01, 2020, 01:04:54 PM
The onus is on you to prove what you’re saying is true and convince us of that and you’ve utterly failed to do that. What is it about you and failure?

[attachment=1]

WOTR

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 11:26:40 AM
...He's the first U.S. president I'm aware of who has monetized the office!

By the way, if you're penalizing politicians for their length of service, why aren't you going after GOP dinosaurs like Mitch McConnell and Chuck Grassley?

To be honest, I wasn't a fan of Biden, but I think Trump is dangerous and leading the country in the wrong direction, especially with his maskless, non-social distancing rallies during the pandemic. Unlike Biden, Trump has no empathy for anyone who doesn't have the last name of Trump.

Biden is trying to save lives. Trump is just trying to save his job.

"...He's the first U.S. president I'm aware of who has monetized the office!" Do you believe that most retire and live in squalor or have to take a job as a greeter at Walmart?

"By the way, if you're penalizing politicians for their length of service, why aren't you going after GOP dinosaurs like Mitch McConnell and Chuck Grassley?" I don't know that you will find a single supporter (on this board) of any career politician- left or right.

"Unlike Biden, Trump has no empathy for anyone who doesn't have the last name of Trump." I don't believe that either one (or any politician that I can name) has empathy for anybody else. Joe does not care if you drop dead from Corona-Chan. (I'll concede. He probably does care. But only to celebrate your being dead because it is one more death in the statistics to quote when running for president and to blame Trump for.)

"Biden is trying to save lives. Trump is just trying to save his job." Biden is a good hearted, kind, gentle, loving soul who cares nothing for power and only wants to "help the people" as he has for the last 40 years... 8 of them as the second most powerful man in America. And wow- did he ever produce results. It's a virtual utopia down there from what I can see... (Yup, blame Trump. After all, he has been there 3.5 years.)

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Ciardelo on November 01, 2020, 11:52:35 AM
You really are a low-information voter aren't you? LOL

Whatever the MSM echo chamber contrives, you're comfortably on-board. HAHAHA

Oh, I'm "low-information" because I don't know who some character named Corn Pop from 60 years ago is?

Asuka Langley

How do we stop the bleeding Biden Bros?

www.twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1322957092412686343

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 01:21:36 PM
Oh, I'm "low-information" because I don't know who some character named Corn Pop from 60 years ago is?

Yes, it’s from a famous speech that the candidate you voted for gave. Where have you been? Under a rock? ::)

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: WOTR on November 01, 2020, 01:12:30 PM
"...He's the first U.S. president I'm aware of who has monetized the office!" Do you believe that most retire and live in squalor or have to take a job as a greeter at Walmart?"

Of course not. They did what presidents always have done to make money -- wrote books, gave speeches, joined think tanks and so forth -- after they left office.

In other words, they didn't monetize the presidency!

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 01, 2020, 01:24:03 PM
Yes, it’s from a famous speech that the candidate you voted for gave. Where have you been? Under a rock? ::)

Why should I care about this?

WOTR

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 12:05:11 PM
Sadly, I know I'm not convincing any of you.

To be fair, I think that you looked at the data and the issues and just came to a different conclusion. Does that make you "wrong?" Well, this is Bellgab- so yeah. But at least you decided and voted. And you seem to do a better job stating the reasons than most (at least it is not just "orange man bad.")

I think that we probably have different outlooks and priorities. For example- I think that masking and remaining sterile will only lead to a worse outcome down the road. When this virus (that will never be completely killed off) mutates down the road we will be like the Native Americans with smallpox. Nobody will have any immunity to whatever comes. Get it now (if you are young) while the mortality rate is still low.  ;)

I'm guessing that you may disagree with that assessment. And I would venture that there are more beliefs that we don't share. So, they provided you with your very own "safe" caring candidate to vote for who promises to wave a magic wand and protect both you and the economy / jobs and a man who (while I find personally distasteful) aligns closer to my views.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 01, 2020, 01:28:33 PM
Because you voted for him.

So? I'm supposed to not vote for Biden because of his encounter with someone named "Corn Pop"?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 01:29:38 PM
So? I'm supposed to not vote for Biden because of his encounter with someone named "Corn Pop"?

Sigh...it’s a context thing. Just watch that speech where he talks about that. The man cannot stay on point without a teleprompter or being prodded by his wife. Is this really a man you’d trust to run the free world?

WOTR

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 01:25:33 PM
Of course not. They did what presidents always have done to make money -- wrote books, gave speeches, joined think tanks and so forth -- after they left office.

I don't mean to knitpick. But bullshit.

I'm running low on time. In Canada, the minister responsible for writing laws and overseeing banks (who killed off the private mortgage brokers and pretty much gave everything back to the banks) joined TD bank as a vice president making well over a million a year right after leaving. I get that with presidents it's not quite that blatant.

Speeches at inflated prices to corporations who profited by the policies and laws enacted is nothing more than a delayed kick-back. That million dollar a year job direct out of government was nothing more than payment for service rendered (fucking over the citizens of the country.)

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: WOTR on November 01, 2020, 01:27:12 PM
To be fair, I think that you looked at the data and the issues and just came to a different conclusion. Does that make you "wrong?" Well, this is Bellgab- so yeah. But at least you decided and voted. And you seem to do a better job stating the reasons than most (at least it is not just "orange man bad.")

I think that we probably have different outlooks and priorities. For example- I think that masking and remaining sterile will only lead to a worse outcome down the road. When this virus (that will never be completely killed off) mutates down the road we will be like the Native Americans with smallpox. Nobody will have any immunity to whatever comes. Get it now (if you are young) while the mortality rate is still low.  ;)

I'm guessing that you may disagree with that assessment. And I would venture that there are more beliefs that we don't share. So, they provided you with your very own "safe" caring candidate to vote for who promises to wave a magic wand and protect both you and the economy / jobs and a man who (while I find personally distasteful) aligns closer to my views.

Thank you, WOTR. :)

Asuka Langley

I don't want to vote for Drumpf but we cant let Biden get the Nuclear codes.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 01:25:33 PM

What about the Clinton Foundation then?

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 01, 2020, 01:31:50 PM
Sigh...it’s a context thing. Just watch that speech where he talks about that. The man cannot stay on point without a teleprompter or being prodded by his wife. Is this really a man you’d trust to run the free world?

Are you kidding me? Trump can't make a coherent sentence without a teleprompter! Just look at his unintelligible tweets!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 01:38:55 PM
Are you kidding me? Trump can't make a coherent sentence without a teleprompter! Just look at his unintelligible tweets!

Makes sense to me. I guess when you have to filter everything behind a senile 47 year career politician the world starts to look that way to you.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 01, 2020, 01:35:51 PM
What about the Clinton Foundation then?

Oh, not this again. The Clinton Foundation's annual reports were posted on the Internet. Anyone could see what percentage of donated funds were used for charitable activity. The organizations that track these things gave the Clinton Foundation high marks for using donations for their intended purposes.

The Clintons aren't running for president. Why are you bringing this up? It's irrelevant.

Now, Trump's "charitable" foundation would be highly relevant, but I doubt you'd want to go there.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Asuka Langley on November 01, 2020, 01:34:41 PM
I don't want to vote for Drumpf but we cant let Biden get the Nuclear codes.

Of the two of them, who seems more likely to use the nuclear codes impulsively?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 01:44:04 PM
Oh, not this again. The Clinton Foundation's annual reports were posted on the Internet. Anyone could see what percentage of donated funds were used for charitable activity. The organizations that track these things gave the Clinton Foundation high marks for using donations for their intended purposes.

The Clintons aren't running for president. Why are you bringing this up? It's irrelevant.

Now, Trump's "charitable" foundation would be highly relevant, but I doubt you'd want to go there.

You brought up how presidents make money from their position. I think the people of Haiti would strongly disagree with you on this. Just listen the what you write: “The organizations that track these things gave the Clinton Foundation high marks for using donations for their intended purposes.”

So, you just implicitly trust “ the oragnizations that track these things?,”

Could you be more vague and naive? ;D

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 01:45:47 PM

Biden.

Trump and Kim are best friends now Hillary would have already nuked N Korea.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 01:45:47 PM

Biden. Trump’s been there 4 years without even one new war. That’s something that Obama/Biden can’t claim.

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 01, 2020, 01:46:49 PM
You brought up how presidents make money from their position. I think the people of Haiti would strongly disagree with you on this. Just listen the what you write: “The organizations that track these things gave the Clinton Foundation high marks for using donations for their intended purposes.”

So, you just implicitly trust “ the oragnizations that track these things?,”

Could you be more vague and naive? ;D

The Clintons didn't do as good as a job as they could have. But....

"A US Government Accountability Office report discovered no hint of wrongdoing, but concluded the IHRC's decisions were "not necessarily aligned with Haitian priorities".

"Mr Clinton's own office at the UN found 9% of the foreign aid cash went to the Haitian government and 0.6% to local organisations.

"The bulk of it went to UN agencies, international aid groups, private contractors and donor countries' own civilian and military agencies."

Does this sound like they pocketed the majority of donations?

Gyoza Girl

Quote from: Asuka Langley on November 01, 2020, 01:47:39 PM
Biden.

Trump and Kim are best friends now Hillary would have already nuked N Korea.

I should have phrased my question, "Of the two of them, who seems more impulsive?"

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 02:00:16 PM
I should have phrased my question, "Of the two of them, who seems more impulsive?"

Which one's ass would MD wipe first?

Ciardelo

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on November 01, 2020, 02:00:16 PMI should have phrased my question

She's on the ropes now folks, backpeddling...will there be a flip-flop?