• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Gd5150

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on June 16, 2018, 11:30:22 AM.

Like Kanye said: “after 400 years, it’s a choice”.

Gd5150

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 16, 2018, 12:38:51 PM
I have no familiarity with the deep South but your answer is a sound one - no way that we can separate environment and experience from outlook.

That's a really insightful moment in the history of slang terms vs. mechanical ones.

I don't have some magic bullet  for how we get past innocently meant double meanings, but I do know that using the n-bomb helps no one ever, especially those blacks who have taken it over into their own lingo as a means of demystifying and disempowering it.

Their continuance of the word, even in a cloistered format is, I feel, a form of racism also.

If the word needs to die, then just let it die completely.

My .02c - adjusted for inflation of course... ::)

Maybe it’s use is a form of rascism, maybe it’s not. Either way it doesn’t serve any useful purpose. Just helps promote the close minded left.

Metron2267

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 16, 2018, 12:54:56 PM
Yeah, I've always considered the word to be quite offensive.  The other word I was forbidden to say was "cunt."  Only since spending time in this forum with the likes of Pud, O'Neill, and Sred. ..er...Mr. Vashtar, has it taken on a whole new shine for me.  Growing up in North Dakota, I was led to believe that the word "cunt" and the word "squaw" were equally offensive and meant the same thing.  Given the fact that there were a large number of Native Americans in and around the area, I avoided all words that could have some negative connotation toward Native Americans except for "filthy redskin" and "dirty injun" which I reserved for a friend of mine.

So there you go, I remember when back in the day one of the first of Phoenix's then new freeways was called "The Squaw Peak"...

Sometime recently when all the PC stuff became de riguer it was renamed the "Piestewa Freeway" after a Hopi soldier who was killed in the Iraq war.

"Cunt" is a deliciously Brit vulgarity that seems to have bled into our culture of late and with which I have become needlessly enamored.

Use that one growing up and it would have been a whole bar of Dial soap in the mouth. :-\

Metron2267

Quote from: albrecht on June 16, 2018, 01:03:18 PM
Homosexuals some decade ago reclaimed, or really I guess redefinided, the word "queer." Remember how they would disrupt government meetings or protest "we're queer, we're here" etc because they were upset they were getting AIDS due to their "lifestyle choices" and the government wasn't spending money on fighting it. Then some years ago the word "slut," was reclaimed in some bizarre way, to advance female rights, by having "slutwalks" and "reclaiming" the word slut. There also is some group, some say almost cult, of women that to advance feminist causes by going topless in protest. Often disrupting meetings, churches, etc and getting arrested. It is called Femen and the gals usually are pretty hot. It is lead/created by a man. An odd situation and way to protest the male hierarchy.

No joke, sort of like these PETA protesters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrABiffMFuo

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 16, 2018, 01:11:08 PM
Because you can't get men servants pregnant. Believe me, I know. And I expect to be waited on generally because I'm a member of a superior nation. You wouldn't understand, coming from a bunch of mongrels and peons.

Inbreeding has served your royalist class so well over the years hasn't it Shreddi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmQwMllhCUM

Metron2267

Quote from: Gd5150 on June 16, 2018, 01:29:18 PM
Maybe it’s use is a form of rascism, maybe it’s not. Either way it doesn’t serve any useful purpose. Just helps promote the close minded left.

Exactly.

And they clearly don't need any more help demonstrating their own obsession with labeling, grouping, and denigrating. :-X

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 16, 2018, 10:41:44 AM
No, of course not and why do you keep obsessing over men vs. women here?
Why would you ask "why", when it never even happened?

I have contributed about 4 posts.
1.  Appreciating Trump's haircut.
2.  Appreciating self-defense weapons.
3.  Lightening up uncivil debate with descriptions of the Trump White House china.
4.  A mistakenly placed praise for a former president.

I would hardly call appreciating Trump's haircut an obsession over men vs. women.  Women raise men; men have daughters.  If you think I obsess over "vs. men", you should consider how I feel about the women who raise them or marry them just for a paycheck.

As far as asking if this thread is just for men, I was merely asking, because I wasn't sure if a woman would be welcome during discussion (at the time) regarding the thoughts of grouped men regarding the mostly 30-year ago sex appeal of the following women:  Minako Honda, Jan Kuehnemund, Joan Jett, The Go-Gos, Wendy Wilson, Susana Hoffs, Ann Wilson, Jane Weidlin, Belinda, The Spice Girls, and Cindi Lauper.

Does your suit get moist like my rubberized one late in the day?

Fourteen

Quote from: 14 on June 16, 2018, 01:51:43 PM

3.  Lightening up uncivil debate with descriptions of the Trump White House china.

I would hardly call appreciating Trump's haircut an obsession over men vs. women.  Women raise men; men have daughters.  If you think I obsess over "vs. men", you should consider how I feel about the women who raise them or marry them just for a paycheck.

As far as asking if this thread is just for men, I was merely asking, because I wasn't sure if a woman would be welcome during discussion (at the time) regarding the thoughts of grouped men regarding the mostly 30-year ago sex appeal of the following women:  Minako Honda, Jan Kuehnemund, Joan Jett, The Go-Gos, Wendy Wilson, Susana Hoffs, Ann Wilson, Jane Weidlin, Belinda, The Spice Girls, and Cindi Lauper.

Does your suit get moist like my rubberized one late in the day?

Fourteen

Fourteen,

You are most welcome in this thread or any other.  So, do you think S Hoffs has held up well after all these years?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 16, 2018, 02:13:54 PM
Fourteen,

You are most welcome in this thread or any other.  So, do you think S Hoffs has held up well after all these years?

I'd probably still bang her but I don't want to commit until I see a recent pic.

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 16, 2018, 01:51:43 PM

Whoa horsie!

Praise as you see fit, if this thread can cross rails over to pop stars then your praise for Obama is no drift-penalty flag in my book.

You just have to expect that the conservatives here are going to volley back with verve!

As for Trump's haircut, less squirrel is more better, etc. ;)

Btw, perhaps I was wrong and Shreddi is male - though one can never really trust an avatar anyway...

QuoteI would hardly call appreciating Trump's haircut an obsession over men vs. women.  Women raise men; men have daughters.  If you think I obsess over "vs. men", you should consider how I feel about the women who raise them or marry them just for a paycheck.

Well alrighty then!

Airyn gets some incoming....

QuoteAs far as asking if this thread is just for men, I was merely asking, because I wasn't sure if a woman would be welcome during discussion (at the time) regarding the thoughts of grouped men regarding the mostly 30-year ago sex appeal of the following women:  Minako Honda, Jan Kuehnemund, Joan Jett, The Go-Gos, Wendy Wilson, Susana Hoffs, Ann Wilson, Jane Weidlin, Belinda, The Spice Girls, and Cindi Lauper.

No I was referring to your question on how many women there are here. If you've been around for as long as your profile states you ought to know there are plenty of women in bellgab.

In fact some have dropped off that would be good to see back like bell'n whistle.

QuoteDoes your suit get moist like my rubberized one late in the day?

Fourteen

Nope, but then I do I have the AC on...

:D

Metron2267

Fourteen,

Ditto both!

Btw her work with Matthew Sweet is really good stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoZEkk2VI_Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRO5ZZuJGYI

Jojo

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 16, 2018, 02:29:11 PM
Whoa horsie!

Praise as you see fit, if this thread can cross rails over to pop stars then your praise for Obama is no drift-penalty flag in my book.

You just have to expect that the conservatives here are going to volley back with verve!

As for Trump's haircut, less squirrel is more better, etc. ;)

Btw, perhaps I was wrong and Shreddi is male - though one can never really trust an avatar anyway...

Well alrighty then!

Airyn gets some incoming....

No I was referring to your question on how many women there are here. If you've been around for as long as your profile states you ought to know there are plenty of women in bellgab.

In fact some have dropped off that would be good to see back like bell'n whistle.

Nope, but then I do I have the AC on...

:D

The AC seems to be good for keeping your keyboard cool, too.  ;)

Fourteen

Kidnostad3

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 16, 2018, 01:06:56 PM
Of course, it's her criminal ancestry. Aussies need to be able to use guns so they can rob banks.

Whatever, I’m glad she’s on our side. 

Jojo

Fourteen,

Well, I'm more interested in the men.  Regarding her, though, 60 really is the new 40.  Do you think righteousness glows?  She is radiant, but I didn't see any public philanthropic causes.  Maybe it's all those vegetarian vegetables!

Fourteen

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 16, 2018, 02:39:24 PM
The AC seems to be good for keeping your keyboard cool, too.  ;)

Fourteen

I know...right?

You woulda never believed what it was like when I had a swamp cooler.... :'(

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 14 on June 16, 2018, 02:49:12 PM
  Do you think righteousness glows?

It certainly does in my case. I'm like a human light bulb.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 16, 2018, 02:55:47 PM

You’re so bright your Mum called you son.

Metron2267

Quote from: 14 on June 16, 2018, 02:49:12 PM
Well, I'm more interested in the men.  Regarding her, though, 60 really is the new 40.  Do you think righteousness glows?  She is radiant, but I didn't see any public philanthropic causes.  Maybe it's all those vegetarian vegetables!

Fourteen

Since you brought that dietary thing up...

http://www.susannahoffs.com/on-lifestyle/
… on Lifestyle
... there’s the suggestion that you and Sheryl Crow are tied for the best legs in rock. What’s the secret to great gams? And general beauty?
Wow! That’s such a nice compliment. Well, I was a dancer when I was a young girl, so, early on, I fell in love with the physical connectedness you experience when you dance or play sports as a kid. Through the years, I became addicted to that feeling. One of the things I loved about dancing was that it was always done in conjunction with music. And when I went to UC Berkeley, I was in the dance company. I’ve continued to be physically active all these years, but now I just stay in shape by walking. The lines have blurred between walking for exercise and walking for peace of mind. I love to be outdoors and it always grounds me, literally, just feeling my feet on the ground, breathing fresh air, looking at flowers, seeing the world. It makes me feel relaxed and ready for the day. I’m religious about it. I’ve joked with friends who have asked me about getting in shape that the best diet in the world is having a great audiobook that you are only allowed to listen to it while you’re walking or exercising. I also believe in eating healthfully, whatever that means for you. But be mindful of how and what you eat â€" don’t eat when you watch TV. Eating whole foods whenever possible is a really good idea, too

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 16, 2018, 02:55:47 PM

A waste of electrons disguised as a heating element?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 16, 2018, 03:04:47 PM

No, I shine with health and vitamins. You obviously have the haggard, pallid look of a compulsive masturbator.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 16, 2018, 03:03:34 PM
Since you brought that dietary thing up...

http://www.susannahoffs.com/on-lifestyle/
… on Lifestyle
... there’s the suggestion that you and Sheryl Crow are tied for the best legs in rock. What’s the secret to great gams? And general beauty?
Wow! That’s such a nice compliment. Well, I was a dancer when I was a young girl, so, early on, I fell in love with the physical connectedness you experience when you dance or play sports as a kid. Through the years, I became addicted to that feeling. One of the things I loved about dancing was that it was always done in conjunction with music. And when I went to UC Berkeley, I was in the dance company. I’ve continued to be physically active all these years, but now I just stay in shape by walking. The lines have blurred between walking for exercise and walking for peace of mind. I love to be outdoors and it always grounds me, literally, just feeling my feet on the ground, breathing fresh air, looking at flowers, seeing the world. It makes me feel relaxed and ready for the day. I’m religious about it. I’ve joked with friends who have asked me about getting in shape that the best diet in the world is having a great audiobook that you are only allowed to listen to it while you’re walking or exercising. I also believe in eating healthfully, whatever that means for you. But be mindful of how and what you eat â€" don’t eat when you watch TV. Eating whole foods whenever possible is a really good idea, too

I think Crow started as a background vocalist on tour with MJ. 8)

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 16, 2018, 03:04:47 PM

Uh-oh.  I can feel an Edison vs. Davy argument comin.'

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 16, 2018, 03:07:53 PM
Uh-oh.  I can feel an Edison vs. Davy argument comin.'

Davy?! Don't you mean Tesla? ???

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 16, 2018, 03:06:53 PM
No, I shine with health and vitamins.

No doubt mispronounced as vit_uh_mins...

Ok, so you have expensive urine, congrats.

QuoteYou obviously have the haggard, pallid look of a compulsive masturbator.

I do not in any way resemble your "father"!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 16, 2018, 03:08:47 PM
Davy?! Don't you mean Tesla? ???

No, over the lightbulb thing.  Americans erroneously give credit to Edison, but Davy invented a bulb much earlier.  Edison got the patent.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 16, 2018, 03:07:17 PM
I think Crow started as a background vocalist on tour with MJ. 8)

Correct, and before that:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sheryl-crow-sounds-off-09-01-2003/

She graduated from the University of Missouri in voice and piano, and moved to St. Louis, where she was teaching in an elementary school when fate, disguised as a McDonald's burger commercial, beckoned.

"It wound up going network, which is national. It lasted for about a year, and I made about $40 grand. And I was making about $17 grand teaching for a year, and that was 45 minutes of work. I thought, 'Wow! This is amazing. Maybe I can do it in LA.'"

With a beat-up car and $10,000 in her bank account, she headed for California. Within a matter of months she was traveling the world, playing packed stadiums, singing back up for Michael Jackson.

Remember the other celeb that got a start with Mickey D's, Jason Alexander?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVcVXTeHTLI

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 16, 2018, 03:15:13 PM
No, over the lightbulb thing.  Americans erroneously give credit to Edison, but Davy invented a bulb much earlier.  Edison got the patent.

You not getting mixed up with the Davy Lamp? He was a brilliant man but I'm not sure the bulb was his invention. There were patent squabbles over the lamp but not with Edison.

Metron2267

Quote from: Billy Joe Mulgreavey on June 16, 2018, 03:15:13 PM

Like 70 YEARS earlier!

Good catch.

Edison's still burning though despite a power supply failure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DztD9odiqI

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 16, 2018, 03:19:00 PM
Correct, and before that:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sheryl-crow-sounds-off-09-01-2003/

She graduated from the University of Missouri in voice and piano, and moved to St. Louis, where she was teaching in an elementary school when fate, disguised as a McDonald's burger commercial, beckoned.

"It wound up going network, which is national. It lasted for about a year, and I made about $40 grand. And I was making about $17 grand teaching for a year, and that was 45 minutes of work. I thought, 'Wow! This is amazing. Maybe I can do it in LA.'"

With a beat-up car and $10,000 in her bank account, she headed for California. Within a matter of months she was traveling the world, playing packed stadiums, singing back up for Michael Jackson.

Remember the other celeb that got a start with Mickey D's, Jason Alexander?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVcVXTeHTLI

Heh heh...wow! George with hair!! ;D

She wrote that?! :D

The 80s  ::) ;D