• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2018, 12:08:30 PM
If they don't like them.

Yes, but job creators have no way of knowing in advance which ones of them would be treated that way and which ones wouldn't.  So, the net effect would be to stop all job creators setting up businesses in the deep south. 

136 or 142

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 07, 2018, 12:10:26 PM
First of all Trump did not rescind any laws.
Second, you need to actually read details instead of relying on CNN clickbait headlines.

The companies involved with the Deepwater Horizon sure paid an awful lot of billions in penalties which all existed prior to Obama even being elected.

These are regulations, not laws (I suspect you may be playing word games here), and, no, they haven't been rescinded yet:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/trump-offshore-oil-drilling-1.4473281

If they were laws, executives at BP might have gone to jail, which is what should have happened, in addition to fines.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 07, 2018, 12:11:52 PM
Yes, but job creators have no way of knowing in advance which ones of them would be treated that way and which ones wouldn't.  So, the net effect would be to stop all job creators setting up businesses in the deep south.

He really doesn't sound like he's doing it for the job creation and I highly doubt his venture will be a big job creator, if it even gets off the ground.

However, by all means, I recommend that you open a business there and make your politics a prominent part of it. I look forward to hearing about your first quarterly report.  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 11:41:47 AM
Thanks for the update, I guess.

Like I said, we don't judge here at Bellgab
Yeah, we're all down with that inclusion and diversity stuff.  We don't want to melt any snowflakes.  ;)

http://youtu.be/WqSTXuJeTks

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2018, 12:16:38 PM
He really doesn't sound like he's doing it for the job creation and I highly doubt his venture will be a big job creator, if it even gets off the ground.

However, by all means, I recommend that you open a business there and make your politics a prominent part of it. I look forward to hearing about your first quarterly report.  ;)

Oh, trying to judge the intent of a job creator?  What are you, a commie?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 07, 2018, 12:17:47 PM
Oh, trying to judge the intent of a job creator?  What are you, a commie?

No, I just know a commie disrupter when I see one. Moore doesn't want a strong economy. That's not why he's doing this, you idiot. It's an obvious publicity stunt. I have a book of his on my shelf from 20 years ago where he complains that with all the corruption and evil in the country (Bubba was pres at the time) the Dow was about to break 10,000.  ;D

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2018, 12:22:00 PM
No, I just know a commie disrupter when I see one. Moore doesn't want a strong economy. That's not why he's doing this, you idiot. It's an obvious publicity stunt. I have a book of his on my shelf from 20 years ago where he complains that with all the corruption and evil in the country (Bubba was pres at the time) the Dow was about to break 10,000.  ;D

How do you know he hasn't decided to become one of those corrupt and evil people himself?  Like the saying goes: "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

GravitySucks

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 07, 2018, 12:15:30 PM
These are regulations, not laws (I suspect you may be playing word games here), and, no, they haven't been rescinded yet:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/trump-offshore-oil-drilling-1.4473281

If they were laws, executives at BP might have gone to jail, which is what should have happened, in addition to fines.

https://youtu.be/ACrLMtPyRM0

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 07, 2018, 12:10:26 PM
First of all Trump did not rescind any laws.
Second, you need to actually read details instead of relying on CNN clickbait headlines.

The companies involved with the Deepwater Horizon sure paid an awful lot of billions in penalties which all existed prior to Obama even being elected.

Yet..

]https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/energy/2017/12/28/president-trump-roll-back-deepwater-horizon-offshore-drilling-regulations/985942001/[url][/url]

https://www.wsj.com/articles/regulators-propose-rollbacks-to-offshore-drilling-safety-measures-1514206800

The Trump administration is hoping to slash regulations on offshore oil drilling that were implemented after the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster that killed nearly a dozen people and led to an oil leak that spewed for months.

According to the Wall Street Journal,the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE), which is the agency housed in the Interior Department that regulates offshore oil drilling, is proposing a rollback of a series of changes made after the 2010 disaster.

BSEE says that the cuts will save the oil industry $900 million over 10 years. The proposal has not been made public, but the WSJ reports that some of the changes include easing rules that require the streaming of real-time data of oil production operations to facilities onshore, which allows regulators to see what is going on. Another rule that would be removed requires third-party inspectors of equipment, such as the blowout preventer, to receive certification by BSEE.

Another example includes alterations to the “well-control rule,” one of the signature regulations that was implemented by the Obama administration after years of review following BP’s oil spill. The well-control rule required the use of certain safety equipment and operations intended to reduce the risk of another disaster.

But the Trump administration, in a nod to the oil industry, has proposed deleting the word “safe” from a section of the rule, the WSJ reports, which would restrict BSEE’s ability to withhold permits.

“Based on BSEE experience during the implementation of the original [well control rule], BSEE has concluded that the term ‘safe’ creates ambiguity in that it could be read to suggest that additional unspecified standards, beyond those expressly stated, may be imposed in the approval of proposed drilling margins,” BSEE wrote in a justification of the rule change, according to the WSJ.

The upshot is a weaker regulatory regime over offshore oil and gas drilling and it comes at a time that Trump’s Interior Department is also moving to expand drilling not just in the Gulf of Mexico, but eventually in the Atlantic and Arctic Oceans.

136 or 142

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 07, 2018, 12:25:50 PM
https://youtu.be/ACrLMtPyRM0

I guess you're used to living in Russia where your favorite leaders don't have to deal with criticism.  Still, you have your job as a disinformation agent at the FSB.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2018, 12:16:38 PM

Trump has made the position of POTUS about his family's net worth and point scoring/tantrums/more tantrums/tweeting/more tweeting/self aggrandising/bragging about his none education/how he's 'like' really smart', oh and politics rather than policy.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 12:25:55 PM
Yet..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/energy/2017/12/28/president-trump-roll-back-deepwater-horizon-offshore-drilling-regulations/985942001/[url=http://]]https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/energy/2017/12/28/president-trump-roll-back-deepwater-horizon-offshore-drilling-regulations/985942001/[url]]]]https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/energy/2017/12/28/president-trump-roll-back-deepwater-horizon-offshore-drilling-regulations/985942001/[url][/url]

https://www.wsj.com/articles/regulators-propose-rollbacks-to-offshore-drilling-safety-measures-1514206800

No. Once again Pudly, a President cannot rescind laws.

When will you understand that?  Trump is undoing executive actions. Especially ones like rules and regulations that have been put in place by bureaucrats. Some of which were clearly there just to expand the role (and staffing) of the federal bureaucracy. If it needs to be in place, it should be a law. Codified by Congress. Not an unelected bureaucrat.

Like DACA and the recent “letters” about policy for enforcing marijuana laws.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2018, 12:22:00 PM
No, I just know a commie disrupter when I see one. Moore doesn't want a strong economy. That's not why he's doing this, you idiot. It's an obvious publicity stunt.

Trump isn't particularly interested in a strong economy for all, just him. And as far as publicity stunts go, that prize goes to Pence who flew to a NFL match (at our expense) to stand up and walk out again and fly back home..again at our expense.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 07, 2018, 12:32:19 PM

When will you understand that?  Trump is undoing executive actions. Especially ones like rules and regulations that have been put in place by bureaucrats. Some of which were clearly there just to expand the role (and staffing) of the federal bureaucracy. If it needs to be in place, it should be a law. Codified by Congress. Not an unelected bureaucrat.

Like DACA and the recent “letters” about policy for enforcing marijuana laws.

Okay..you're okay with regulations overturned that makes oil and gas drilling less safe and more likely to pollute the coastline by dint of it being where it wasn't permitted before?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 12:35:00 PM

Okay..you're okay with regulations overturned that makes oil and gas drilling less safe and more likely to pollute the coastline by dint of it being where it wasn't permitted before?

I think they should outsource the management of it to Haliburton and just let them implement industry best practices.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 11:49:48 AM
The plan would open up drilling rights sales for companies on much of North America's continental shelf in coastal areas near Alaska, California and Florida, which would be a boon to the fossil fuel industry.

Moore's tweets also come after the Trump administration rolled back offshore drilling safety regulations that were created after the Deepwater Horizon spill in 2010 killed 11 people and sent at least 4.9 million barrels of oil spilling into the Gulf of Mexico.

Environmentalists have warned that the expansion and deregulation of offshore drilling could be dangerous.

Trump has promised to unlock the nation's "great energy wealth" by promoting domestic oil and gas drilling to remain independent of foreign energy.

I'm surprised at you, Pud.  You're against hypocracy to the point of finding it where none exists, but here you seem to welcome the hypocracy of Michael Moore, who apparently is willing to damage the environment just to make a political point.

Are you sure you're in favor of that?

Jackstar

Is there any evidence that any of these regulations have successfully functioned as supposedly intended, ever? Present it.

pro tip: you can't

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 07, 2018, 12:24:37 PM
How do you know he hasn't decided to become one of those corrupt and evil people himself?...

Um, that's what he's always been.  He just finds new ways to show it

SredniVashtar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 12:41:04 PM
I'm surprised at you, Pud.  You're against hypocracy to the point of finding it where none exists, but here you seem to welcome the hypocracy of Michael Moore, who apparently is willing to damage the environment just to make a political point.

You've had two goes at 'hypocrisy'. Is the third time the charm, or will the pooch get cornholed once again?

Swishypants

I just came back from CHURCH! What's up SHIT FACES!!!  ;D

Yorkshire pud

I didn't say I agreed with what Moore is proposing...I stated that if he did it, he wouldn't be the only one. I think its a terrible idea. He's shown how idiotic the proposal is. What do you think the chances are that the roll back of regs would remain if a spill did happen and wash up outside Mar-a-lago? In round figures?

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 07, 2018, 12:32:19 PM

When will you understand that?...

To be fair, the previous president effectively recinded certain laws he didn't like by telling the world he was replacing them with others.  Then found a court to go along with him when Arizona decided if he wasn't going to enfoce immigration law in their state, they would.

What's a foreigner to think when it comes to who makes law?

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 12:46:09 PM
I didn't say I agreed with what Moore is proposing...I stated that if he did it, he wouldn't be the only one. I think its a terrible idea. He's shown how idiotic the proposal is. What do you think the chances are that the roll back of regs would remain if a spill did happen and wash up outside Mar-a-lago? In round figures?

The FBI came to my house and was like "Oh, it's you Sir." And I was like: "I was serious about Pud, go find that cunt and send him to Guantanamo!" They're looking for you presently.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 12:46:09 PM

This is the whole problem. Ideological zealots are willing to betray even their own ideological principles to win ad absurdum. I wouldn't put it past the left to create a spill to win the debate. You guys are so creative.  :)

albrecht

It would be typical. Like the Leftists who sabotage pipelines, spike trees, and pollute all for saving "the environment." If you recall the tons of trash left over during the recent XL Pipeline protests or looks at how the Lefts leaves parks and public spaces after an Occupy, Women's March, or illegal alien or whatever protests. Trash everywhere, discarded signs, even public defecation. Obama's BLM or antifada types are even worse as they actively try to burn and destroy things (or just loot.)
http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/Sanitation-crews-work-to-remove-massive-amounts-of-garbage-from-DAPL-protest-camp-before-spring-thaw-412954433.html
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/occupy-protests-spark-public-health-fears/
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/01/22/nasty-women-vote-and-make-lots-of-mess-womens-march-trashes-cities-across-the-country/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Swishypants on January 07, 2018, 12:47:49 PM
The FBI came to my house and was like "Oh, it's you Sir." And I was like: "I was serious about Pud, go find that cunt and send him to Guantanamo!" They're looking for you presently.

Yeah, they're sitting here now drinking my freshly ground coffee..and eating muffins. I wish they'd take off their jackets though, be more comfortable. One looks EXACTLY like Gillian Anderson.

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2018, 12:50:05 PM
This is the whole problem. Ideological zealots are willing to betray even their own ideological principles to win ad absurdum. I wouldn't put it past the left to create a spill. You guys are so creative.  :)

Everything you spend your time thinking about is dumb RITCHIE! You've wasted your life! None of it ever goes ANYWHERE!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2018, 12:50:47 PM
It would be typical. Like the Leftists who sabotage pipelines, spike trees, and pollute all for saving "the environment." If you recall the tons of trash left over during the recent XL Pipeline or looks at how the Lefts leaves parks and public spaces after an Occupy, Women's March, or whatever protests. Trash everywhere, discarded signs, even public defecation. Obama's BLM or antifada types are even worse as they actively try to burn and destroy things (or just loot.)
http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/Sanitation-crews-work-to-remove-massive-amounts-of-garbage-from-DAPL-protest-camp-before-spring-thaw-412954433.html
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/occupy-protests-spark-public-health-fears/
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/01/22/nasty-women-vote-and-make-lots-of-mess-womens-march-trashes-cities-across-the-country/

They won't need to now, They have a government endorsement.

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 12:50:54 PM
Yeah, they're sitting here now drinking my freshly ground coffee..and muffins. I wish they'd take off their jackets though, be more comfortable. One looks EXACTLY like Gillian Anderson.

Suck on her titties and film it!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 12:32:57 PM
Trump isn't particularly interested in a strong economy for all, just him. And as far as publicity stunts go, that prize goes to Pence who flew to a NFL match (at our expense) to stand up and walk out again and fly back home..again at our expense.

Well, let's see.  The people in this country who make the business and consumption decisions certainly think we now have a president that is pro-business and is working to create an environment where the economy can flourish.  Which is pointedly the opposite of his predecessor. 

As far as political stunts, are you serious?  Symbolism is a large part of the role of any elected official, certainly the VP.  I would much prefer a VP who stands up for the flag ceremony and invites scrutiny of BLM and their stooges in the NFL than not. 

As for flying around wasting money, we just had a president who took any number of golf vacations, flew to each one, gave a speech along the way so he could call it ''official business'' instead of paying for it himself, and I din't hear a thing about it from you.  Which is surprising given your keen interest in these trips.