• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Fyodor Gutman

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 01:52:16 AM
Everybody's a comedian.

Today I had a meeting with the guy who does my taxes.  After telling me how much more of my money I'm going to keep under the new tax law (!), dude stands up, holds out his mechanical pencil, drops it, tells me I'm taking him to lunch, and walks out the door to his office.  The pen drop.

The tax bill was so bad for California the state's Republicans didn't even like it.

But you save a few bucks for your el cheapo art supplies and it's all good.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 02:35:30 AM
Well, most of the self-satisfied government bureaucrats and retirees who live in Sacramento do.  You know, the people who produce nothing of value, and wouldn't begin to know how to do anything useful.

Try going outside the Lib bubble, where people farm or actually make things and ask around.  (Note, you may have to drive hundreds of miles to get somewhere like that from Sacto).

You're an uninformed fool. Considering you've lived here all your life and still do. You seriously think all Sacramento is, is government? But even if you were right and nothing of value was produced (such as the aerospace/space industry/scientific research) where is the incentive to have products made in the USA when the POTUS shamelessly doesn't and spends a third of his time playing golf, another third tweeting about shit when his thin skin feels bruised and the rest filling his pie hole with Big Macs. 

Just as a little test, ask the folks going on about Donald Trump whether they voted for Berock Obama and Hilary Clinton.  I'd be hard pressed to find any prior president less accomplished and less competent than either of this pair. Two walking zeros. 

So you'll have to forgive me, it's a little difficult to take these Democrat voters you're referring to seriously.

Hilary Clinton has never been POTUS. And Trump has done less (other than make the USA a laughing stock, and bring us to the brink of WW3) than our dog.
Add  to that, Trump has just proposed making the entire inshore coast of the USA open for oil drilling (Even protected areas, which are now not) and reduced significantly the regulations to ensure workers' safety and environmental protection. Deep Water Horizon ring a bell?

Quote from: Fyodor Gutman on January 07, 2018, 10:04:48 AM
The tax bill was so bad for California the state's Republicans didn't even like it...

Because the Fake News Media played up the capping of the deduction of various state taxes, specifically property taxes and state income taxes.

Of course that's what the average person here who actually works and pays taxes is going to focus on - it's the narrative the pretend journalists have put out there.  So, duh, the House Republicans from Cali have to play politics on the issue.  The truth is, it's a good bill for everyone.  Everyone except Democrat officials who are out of power and - as we have seen over the past year - will say and do anything to get it back

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 10:00:14 AM
The ones he said he'd recuse himself from, but hasn't*? He is a hypocrite, the only thing is, he neither knows nor cares. You don't seriously think he has your best interests at heart do you?

He has the best interests of the country at heart.  At least more so than his predecessor (a low bar I know, as Obama was intentionally divisive and destructive).

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 10:12:01 AM
Because the Fake News Media played up the capping of the deduction of various state taxes, specifically property taxes and state income taxes.

It isn't fake news you idiot. Stop parroting everything Trump tells you to say.

Of course that's what the average person here who actually works and pays taxes is going to focus on - it's the narrative the pretend journalists have put out there.  So, duh, the House Republicans from Cali have to play politics on the issue.  The truth is, it's a good bill for everyone.  Everyone except Democrat officials who are out of power and - as we have seen over the past year - will say and do anything to get it back

It's only a 'good' bill in the very short term unless you're already a millionaire. Then it's indefinite.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 10:15:38 AM
He has the best interests of the country at heart.  At least more so than his predecessor (a low bar I know, as Obama was intentionally divisive and destructive).

He told you that so it must be true eh?   ;D ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 10:18:41 AM
He told you that so it must be true eh?   ;D ;D

No, it's because you think the opposite that makes it true.  :D

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 10:12:01 AM

Is it?  Show me the calculations on your tax savings then.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 10:21:11 AM

And almost on cue, MD (Not a doctor) posts a meme.

And also right on cue the breathless response from this propaganda factory (not a human being) before he's even looked at what I posted. ::)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2018, 10:22:48 AM
And also right on cue the breathless response from this propaganda factory (not a human being) before he's even looked at what I posted. ::)

You know all this because you're a very stable genius like Trump?  ;D

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 10:10:39 AM
You're an uninformed fool. Considering you've lived here all your life and still do. You seriously think all Sacramento is, is government? But even if you were right and nothing of value was produced (such as the aerospace/space industry/scientific research)...

Yes, that's what Sacramento is.  The home of the gloriously bloated Californai state government.  Go look at population figures over the past couple of decades, and compare that to the growth in California state expenditures.  All those newer residents either work directly for government, or work in companies that supply them, feed them, report on their doings, etc.

Please tell me about all the ''aerospace/space industry/scientific research'' being done in Sacramento. 

... where is the incentive to have products made in the USA when the POTUS shamelessly doesn't...

Pud, if we continue working on it, we are going to get this capitalism thing down.  You can get this

No company is going to do something because that's what the president does.  They are going to do what they think is in their self interest.  If we reduce the impact of dumb regulations, reduce the tax differential, do away with anti-competitive and costly employment laws, and redo lousy trade agreements, companies will have an incentive to stay.  Not a one of them left for a low cost manufacturing country because Donald Trump did.

... Hilary Clinton has never been POTUS. And Trump has done less (other than make the USA a laughing stock, and bring us to the brink of WW3) than our dog...

I included Hilary as another recent example of what those same people you referred to who sneer at Trump wanted.  Putting aside the dishonesty, the incompetence, and the corruption, she's been the wife of a governor, First Lady, a US Senator, and a Secretary of State.  And has zero accomplishments.  That's who those people who now tell us Trump is a ''laughingstock'' wanted.

So, again, forgive me if I don't take them seriously.

As for Trump and his acomplishments - you really can't think of anything before he because president, or over the past year?  Nothing comes to mind at all?  Lol

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2018, 10:22:48 AM

Here (and hear) Dr. go and Cast the Runes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Xw6TWI8ME

One of the best old time radio episodes.

136 or 142

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 10:31:56 AM
Yes, that's what Sacramento is.  The home of the gloriously bloated Californai state government.  Go look at population figures over the past couple of decades, and compare that to the growth in California state expenditures.  All those newer residents either work directly for government, or work in companies that supply them, feed them, report on their doings, etc.

Please tell me about all the ''aerospace/space industry/scientific research'' being done in Sacramento. 

Pud, if we continue working on it, we are going to get this capitalism thing down.  You can get this

No company is going to do something because that's what the president does.  They are going to do what they think is in their self interest.  If we reduce the impact of dumb regulations, reduce the tax differential, do away with anti-competitive and costly employment laws, and redo lousy trade agreements, companies will have an incentive to stay.  Not a one of them left for a low cost manufacturing country because Donald Trump did.

I inluded Hilary as another recent example of what those same people you referred to who sneer at Trump wanted.  Putting aside the dishonesty, the incompetence, and the corruption, she's been the wife of a governor, First Lady, a US Senator, and a Secretary of State.  And has zero accomplishments.  That's who those people wanted instead of Trump.

So, again, forgive me if I don't take them seriously.

As for Trump and his acomplishments - you really an't think of anything before he because president, or over the past year?  Nothing comes to mind at all?  Lol

This post was written by a somewhat inebriated person.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 10:29:09 AM
You know all this because you're a very stable genius like Trump?  ;D

No, just not an obvious liar, like you. I'm also not such an obsequious ass-kisser to the seat of power. He's LOVES his corruption (as long as it's the right party affiliation).  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 07, 2018, 10:34:11 AM
This post was written by a somewhat inebriated person.

Dude, you're going from low gear to no gear.  :D

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2018, 10:36:16 AM
Dude, you're going from low gear to no gear.  :D

I was just stating a fact.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 10:17:50 AM
It isn't fake news you idiot. Stop parroting everything Trump tells you to say.

It's only a 'good' bill in the very short term unless you're already a millionaire. Then it's indefinite.

What's not Fake News? 

The biased crap put out by the blatently dishonest, openly Democrat supporting media outlets in general?

Or that 85% of what we've heard about the tax law is the cap on the state tax deduction - reporting that is designed to to skew people's reaction to it, rather than simply inform them of what's in the bill - with almost zero reporting on the benefits of it?

Let me help you out.  If the media is obcessed with reporting the one particular detail that they think hyping will help their party; while downplaying or ignoring much of the rest of it - it's not fair and honest reporting, it's Fake News.

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 07, 2018, 10:47:01 AM

This cartoonist stole one of the recurring themes from my George & Tommy cartoons

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 10:31:56 AM

Are you fucking serious? Where did you think the titan rocket motors were designed? There's an entire R&D/training facility for future aerospace engineers on the McClellan site. A great deal of the Apollo engineers (yes, I know one who worked with such as Armstrong) did their work in Sac. Pressure suit research among it. Livermore had and still does have a great deal of R&D going on, and they worked in conjunction.

Employment laws that provide safety and decent conditions to work.. But hey, if you still want kids to go up chimneys fine. As for lousy trade agreements, that's worked out well..USA drops out of the Pacific trade agreement and surprise surprise, China has taken up the slack.

I included Hilary as another recent example of what those same people you referred to who sneer at Trump wanted.  Putting aside the dishonesty, the incompetence, and the corruption, she's been the wife of a governor, First Lady, a US Senator, and a Secretary of State.  And has zero accomplishments.  That's who those people who now tell us Trump is a ''laughingstock'' wanted.

And trump is the pillar of brevity, honesty and competence..That will explain why no-one wants to do business with him, how his fake university was shut down (And made to pay out $25 million) and can't even pick up a glass of water with one hand!

As for Trump and his acomplishments - you really can't think of anything before he because president, or over the past year?  Nothing comes to mind at all?  Lol

Only that he's over loaded the judiciary with right wingers, removed regs that Obama put in place because Obama put them in place, not because they were wrong (I'll remind you, even you said that). Pissed off the US's allies, sucked the shit out of Putin--Just why doesn't he condemn Russia for hacking into US systems? Something brought to his attention by all US and various European security services. Oh and by his own admission, he's made air travel safer..(HUGE eye roll)
But Hillary!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 10:51:43 AM
and can't even pick up a glass of water with one hand!

That was just a message being sent to all pedophiles. They're coming for you, pud. ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 10:40:53 AM
What's not Fake News? 

The biased crap put out by the blatently dishonest, openly Democrat supporting media outlets in general?

Or that 85% of what we've heard about the tax law is the cap on the state tax deduction - reporting that is designed to to skew people's reaction to it, rather than simply inform them of what's in the bill - with almost zero reporting on the benefits of it?

Oh, you should go complain to Ryan and McConnell about that one...They've been particularly reticent about revealing the contents...Wasn't McConnell very vocal about the ACA not being transparent? Yes, I think he was.. 

Let me help you out.  If the media is obessed with reporting one particular detail that they think hyping will help their party; while downplaying or ignoring much of the rest of it - it's not fair and honest reporting, it's Fake News.

I nearly spat my coffee out!! Its not fair!! ????? Gerrymandering districts to ensure GOP candidates have a free run isn't fair.. Reporting the tweets that Trump just keeps giving is common sense..He complains about the very same press that made him famous and he can't resist going to...The failing NYT? He's given at least two interviews to them on the record.  ;D

I didn't read your misgivings about the shit Obama had said about him (later retracted by Trump) had said about him..Can you point to a single tweet or public comment about that from Obama? Trump tweets if someone looks at him funny. He's not fit to be POTUS, he's an immature and very disturbed old man.

Yorkshire pud

In other news...'Sloppy' Steve Bannon has laid himself prostrate at the feet of the Trump family and apologised for what he said in the Wolff book..He hasn't retracted anything, just apologised.  ;D

Are you fucking serious? Where did you think the titan rocket motors were designed? There's an entire R&D/training facility for future aerospace engineers on the McClellan site. A great deal of the Apollo engineers (yes, I know one who worked with such as Armstrong) did their work in Sac. Pressure suit research among it. Livermore had and still does have a great deal of R&D going on, and they worked in conjunction...

None of that is the California State Government.  It's all federal

Lawrence Livermore Labs is in Livermore, which is a lot closer to me than it is to you.  So, not Sacto. 

Apollo was 50 years ago.  I was speaking of the present.

Do I really have to state that not every single person in Sacramento, right down to homeless people stealing your mail, works in a government agency?  People tend to speak in general terms, and generally speaking, Sacramento is a bloated bubble built around government workers and agencies.  That's who the Ds cater to, of course they all hate Trump - he isn't going to give them the goodies they've come to expect.

Guess what, not everyone in Sacramento hates Trump either.  A certain number even voted for him.  You may need to get out more

... Employment laws that provide safety and decent conditions to work.. But hey, if you still want kids to go up chimneys fine...

Yes, you can no doubt point to many great work place rules for safety, necessary environmental rules, and so on.  We all can.

I'm obviously talking about the unnecessary, burdensome laws.  If you're unaware any even exist, I'm not sure it's a good use of my time to run down a list for you.  All those companies that complain about them are probably lying

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 10:57:22 AM

Oh, you should go complain to Ryan and McConnell about that one...They've been particularly reticent about revealing the contents...Wasn't McConnell very vocal about the ACA not being transparent? Yes, I think he was.. 

I nearly spat my coffee out!! Its not fair!! ????? Gerrymandering districts to ensure GOP candidates have a free run isn't fair.. Reporting the tweets that Trump just keeps giving is common sense..He complains about the very same press that made him famous and he can't resist going to...The failing NYT? He's given at least two interviews to them on the record.  ;D

I didn't read your misgivings about the shit Obama had said about him (later retracted by Trump) had said about him..Can you point to a single tweet or public comment about that from Obama? Trump tweets if someone looks at him funny. He's not fit to be POTUS, he's an immature and very disturbed old man.

Yeah but Obama is a homosexual Muslim who was committing treason. You can see the difference, right?  :D

... Only that he's over loaded the judiciary with right wingers...

I'm still patiently waiting for someone to give me a reasonable definition of ''right-wing''.  Unless you mean those who want a government to mostly do the few basic tasks only government can do, and those few tasks that government actually does better than the private sector - and who otherwise want to be left alone. 

The Left can't get much their agenda passed into legislation, so they've found a way to rig the system by getting it enacted by the judiciary.  And for the whole country at once, not state by state.  This is not the role of the judiciary.  Judges are supposed to be making rulings based on the law, not on their personal whims and agendas. 

We don't have courts comprised of two equal competing sides - a Left wing side that hands down decisions based on their personal preferences and a Right wing side doing the same.  What we have are judges appointed by the Ds (and too often the Rs) who do that, and justices (appointed exclusively by the Rs) who follow the law.

Trump has been appointing justices who follow the law.  And that's a good thing.  They should all be doing that.

Gd5150

Lemmings wrestless this morning. Awaiting MSMedia instructions.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 11:18:50 AM
I'm still patiently waiting for someone to give me a reasonable definition of ''right-wing''.  Unless you mean those who mostly want a government to do the basic tasks only government can do, and those that government actually does better than the private sector - and otherwaise want to be left alone. 

The Left an't get much their agenda passed into legislation, so they've found a way to rig the system by getting it enacted by the judiciary.  And for the whole country, not state by state.  This is not the role of the judiciary.  Judges are supposed to be making rulings based on the law, not on their own whims and agendas. 

We don't have courts comprised of two equal competing sides - a Left wing side who hand down decisions based on their preferences and a Right wind side doing the same.  What we have are judges appointed by the Ds (and too often the Rs) who do that, and justices (appointed exclusively by the Rs) who follow the law.

Trump has been appointing justices who follow the law.  And that's a good thing.  They should all be doing that.

Soon I think the term left-wing will become equally distasteful, if not more so. ;)