• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 05, 2017, 07:16:17 PM
Fair enough, but that being the case, how do we deal with rebels being in possession of weapons of mass destruction. Wouldn't that in itself argue for some sort of action.

Personally, I would evacuate any Christians and Kurds left in the country and shoot the shit out of anyone or thing that tried to escape across the borders. Beyond that, I got nothing.

Juan

Us, the Russians, the Chinese and the eUKs go to Syria and demand to see the shells, bombs, whatever. Maybe reach an agreement on who did it.

If it's the Syrians, bomb their air force and runways.  Don't screw around with no fly zones. Don't leave them with anything to fly. Then let them go back to killing themselves - as my Syrian friends say we should do.

We can sit back and see who goes to jail first, Trump or Obama. Of course Obama may be having so much fun with those 57 men and no women on Tahiti, he may not come back.

WhiteCrow

not like you GS ...what about small children who don't know what is going on?  Blast them too.  I'm disappointed with your expert analysis. 

Dr. MD MD

Here's what's being presented now. ISIS uses Assad as a recruiting tool therefore we should take him out to eliminate that. By that logic shouldn't we also take ourselves out too? The USA is probably the BIGGEST recruiting tool for these assholes.  ::)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Up All Night on April 05, 2017, 07:17:20 PM
What I think is likely:

Soros-Linked Group Behind Chemical Attack in Syria

https://www.infowars.com/report-soros-linked-group-behind-chemical-attack-in-syria/

How would Soros benefit from doing this?  Do you think he is trying to ignite a nuclear conflagration?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on April 05, 2017, 07:22:56 PM
not like you GS ...what about small children who don't know what is going on?  Blast them too.  I'm disappointed with your expert analysis.

I can show you lots of videos with dead kids in them. Are we going to war every time someone decides to make news out of them now?!

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Juan on April 05, 2017, 07:22:51 PM
Us, the Russians, the Chinese and the eUKs go to Syria and demand to see the shells, bombs, whatever. Maybe reach an agreement on who did it.

If it's the Syrians, bomb their air force and runways.  Don't screw around with no fly zones. Don't leave them with anything to fly. Then let them go back to killing themselves - as my Syrian friends say we should do.

We can sit back and see who goes to jail first, Trump or Obama. Of course Obama may be having so much fun with those 57 men and no women on Tahiti, he may not come back.

Your idea has merit except for the part about letting them kill each other.  Do we really need a continuous procession of refugees seeking safety in Europe and America.  Why not just turn Syria into a sheet of glass and be done with it?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 05, 2017, 07:29:03 PM
Why not just turn Syria into a sheet of glass and be done with it?

I think they're saving that number for NK. You know you really can't do that one too many times before the rest of us suffer too.  ;)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 05, 2017, 07:25:03 PM
I can show you lots of videos with dead kids in them. Are we going to war every time someone decides to make news out of them now?!

So we just ignore the situation? 

GravitySucks

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on April 05, 2017, 07:22:56 PM

Would you want your sons or grandsons over there in uniform trying to sort out the good rebels from the bad rebels?

This will not be solved by the US with tactical air strikes.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 05, 2017, 07:31:12 PM
So we just ignore the situation?

No, we just don't fall for being drawn quickly into knee-jerk war reactions to everything. Investigate, determine the best course of action for the greatest number of people and then proceed. This stupid bullshit has to stop though. Remember poor little Alan Curty lying face down in the sand? Now there are millions of military aged Islamic fundamentalists in Europe because of him, as tragic as his death was.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 05, 2017, 07:31:01 PM
I think they're saving that number for NK. You know you really can't do that one too many times before the rest of us suffer too.  ;)

I will personally kill Kim Jong-un myself if he hurts mai waifu

Meister_000

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 05, 2017, 04:06:47 PM

I REPEAT, OBAMA DREW A LINE IN THE SAND AND DID NOTHING WHEN IT WAS CROSSED.  SIX MONTHS LATER HE SUBMITTED THE AUMF BILL TO CONGRESS THAT WAS NOTHING MORE THAN A PROP TO DEFLECT VALID CRITICISM OF HIS FAILURE TO KEEP HIS WORD VIS-A-VIS THE USE OF CHEMICAL WEAPONS BY COMBATANtS IN SYRIA. OBAMA'S FAILURE TO ACT DECISIVELY AND CONTINUED DITHERING ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OPPORTUNITIES FOR AMERICA ALONG WITH ANY WILLING ARAB ALLIES TO SUCCESSFULLY INTERVENE TO STOP THE CARNAGE IN SYRIA.  DONALD TRUMP WAS PLAYING GOLF AND BUILDING HOTELS WHEN ALL THIS WAS GOING ON.  YOUR BELIEF THAT TRUMP IS AN ASSHOLE AND THE CIRCULAR ARGUMENTS THAT SEEM TO GIVE YOU COMFORT DON'T CHANGE THE ESSENTIAL FACTS.  THIS IS A CLUSTER FUCK CREATED BY OBAMA NOT TRUMP.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU EVIL PIECE-OF-SHIT FAKE MILITARY EXPERT -- (and now HUMANITARIAN? and MORALIST? too!? --  ha! that's a good one! ;D)

POLITICO mag:
"Obama’s Red Line, Revisited"
By DEREK CHOLLET July 19, 2016

The offhand remark (re the Red Line) spurred a massive success in Syria. Why does the foreign policy establishment consider it a failure?

On the last Saturday of August 2013, Labor Day weekend, the United States was once again about to go to war in the Middle East.

Less than two weeks earlier, in the middle of the night on August 21, the Syrian military had attacked rebel-controlled areas of the Damascus suburbs with chemical weapons, killing nearly 1,500 civilians, including more than 400 children. Horrific video footage showing people with twisted bodies sprawled on hospital floors, some twitching and foaming at the mouth after being exposed to sarin gas, had ricocheted around the world. This brazen assault had clearly crossed the “red line” that President Barack Obama had enunciated a year earlierâ€"that if Assad used chemical weapons, it would warrant U.S. military action.

Heading into the long weekend, the Pentagon had made plans for round-the-clock staffing, since we thought the military operation would start over the holiday. As the assistant secretary of cefense for international security affairs, I had been involved in the deliberations and planning for the strikes. Yet early Saturday morning, I received a call from Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel’s office with surprising news: The president had called Hagel late the night before and told him he “wanted to explore another option.” Instead of ordering strikes immediately, the president wanted to pump the brakes and first go to Congress to ask for its authorization.

So when the president stepped into the sunny Rose Garden that Saturday morning, he announced that he had made two decisions: first, that the U.S. should act against Syria, and second, that he would seek explicit authorization from Congress to do so. With that, the administration set out on a different campaign than the military one we had been preparing for: to convince the American people that intervening in Syria was in the country’s interest.

What transpired over the next month was one of the most controversial and revealing episodes in eight years of Obama’s foreign policy. Despite the administration’s strong advocacy and support from a small minority of hawkish politicians, Congress and the American people proved strongly opposed to the use of force. In the end, however, the threat of military action and a surprise offer by Russia ended up achieving something no one had imagined possible: the peaceful removal of 1,300 tons of Syria’s chemical weapons (there have been reports of stray weapons and widespread use of industrial chemicals like chlorine, but no evidence of systematic deception on the part of the Syrian government).

By October 2013, without a bomb being dropped, the Bashar Assad regime had admitted having a massive chemical weapons program it had never before acknowledged, agreed to give it up and submitted to a multinational coalition that removed and destroyed the deadly trove. From my perspective at the Pentagon, this seemed like an incontrovertible, if inelegant, example of what academics call “coercive diplomacy,” using the threat of force to achieve an outcome military power itself could not even accomplish . . .
[6 pgs more, here ommitted, from full 7 typed page article linked below]

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/07/obama-syria-foreign-policy-red-line-revisited-214059

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 05, 2017, 07:34:59 PM
No, we just don't fall for being drawn quickly into knee-jerk war reactions to everything. Investigate, determine the best course of action for the greatest number of people and then proceed. This stupid bullshit has to stop though. Remember poor little Alan Curty lying face down in the sand? Now there are millions of military aged Islamic fundamentalist in Europe because of him, as tragic as his death was.

Agreed, but shouldn't we have begun that process in 2013 and have it figured out by now?  Seems to me that someone was asleep at the switch. 

mikuthing01

North Korean Military is a joke they don't even aim. lol@ 2:38 when they are firing blindly into the second floor from the hip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVFC3l4ZRK0

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 05, 2017, 07:40:39 PM
Agreed, but shouldn't we have begun that process in 2013 and have it figured out by now?  Seems to me that someone was asleep at the switch.

I wouldn't say asleep. It seemed to have been a pretty intentional foreign policy to try to keep Russia as an enemy in almost anyway possible, including <shudder> electing Hillary Clinton.  :o ::)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Meister_000 on April 05, 2017, 07:37:59 PM

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU EVIL PIECE-OF-SHIT FAKE MILITARY EXPERT -- (and now HUMANITARIAN? and MORALIST? too!? --  ha! that's a good one! ;Dgo to war in the Middle East.

What eloquence.  How can you argue with that?

mikuthing01

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 05, 2017, 07:49:48 PM
What eloquence.  How can you argue with that?

Laughing works for me

Jackstar

Quote from: Meister_000 on April 05, 2017, 07:37:59 PM
SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU EVIL PIECE-OF-SHIT FAKE MILITARY EXPERT

I started this way.

Jackstar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 04, 2017, 11:18:31 PM

Pretty peaceful here tonight. This apartment we're in is nice except there is no tv.

Oh. My. God. How can you have sex without the television?

Obama's incompetence - in consultation with Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, as advised by Moslem Brotherhood mole Huma Weiner - led to the creation of ISIS, and the entry of the Russian military into Syria.  Unbelievable gross incompetence.

As of now the top US priority is to not get involved in a war with Russia over this.  #2 is to discourage the spread of the war further than it is.  #3 is to destroy ISIS.  #4 is to not allow radical Islamists to seize the government. 

The rest of our objectives, in no particular order:  support and protect our allies in the region (right now that starts with the Kurds), strengthen our damaged relationship with Turkey, discourage refugees from coming our way, minimize our troops on the ground.

Not on the list:  insisting any peace deal includes Assad stepping down, blundering ourselves into a position we don't want to be in over gas attacks.

Meister_000

It's almost comical that a simple Google search can blow these idiots and liars out of the water EVERY TIME!

Kidnostad3

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 05, 2017, 08:09:42 PM
Obama's incompetence - in consultation with Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, as advised by Moslem Brotherhood mole Huma Weiner - led to the creation of ISIS, and the entry of the Russian military into Syria.  Unbelievable gross incompetence.

As of now the top US priority is to not get involved in a war with Russia over this.  #2 is to discourage the spread of the war further than it is.  #3 is to destroy ISIS.  #4 is to not allow radical Islamists to seize the government. 

The rest of our objectives, in no particular order:  support and protect our allies in the region (right now that starts with the Kurds), strengthen our damaged relationship with Turkey, discourage refugees from coming our way, minimize our troops on the ground.

Not on the list:  insisting any peace deal includes Assad stepping down, blundering ourselves into a position we don't want to be in over gas attacks.

Concur, but supporting the Kurds while mending fences with the Turks will be something akin to walking a tightrope in gale force winds, at least while Erdogan presides.  In fact, given Erdogan's religiosity and truculence towards the West, I see Turkey becoming another Iran.  Erdogan will be President for life and he will be succeded by another Muslim fundamentalist hand picked by him. 

Quote from: Meister_000 on April 05, 2017, 08:52:10 PM
It's almost comical that a simple Google search can blow these idiots and liars out of the water EVERY TIME!

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 05, 2017, 08:57:10 PM
Concur, but supporting the Kurds while mending fences with the Turks will be something akin to walking a tightrope in gale force winds, at least while Erdogan presides.  In fact, given Erdogan's religiosity and truculence towards the West, I see Turkey becoming another Iran.  Erdogan will be President for life and he will be succeded by another Muslim fundamentalist hand picked by him.

Yeah, Turkey is a problem.  They're getting close to the same status as Saudi Arabia:  better for them and us to pretend we are friends and allies than admit we're not.

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 05, 2017, 07:48:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9F-cHc5Qog&t=39s
a journalist?  Just more fake news.  ::)

***To be fair, it is interesting.

***Why do I recognize her?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Meister_000 on April 05, 2017, 08:52:10 PM

How is it that you don't understand by now that anyone with access to a computer can come up with equally compelling material that contradicts everything you post.  You post partisan shit that makes you feel good but you are incapable of writing a comprehensible 5 line paragraph conveying your own thoughts.  You are clearly a needy little shit who attempts to compensate for an IQ that is low average at best by voluminous posts and who constantly seeks support and affirmation from other posters that you rarely get.  To top that off you are an emotional basket case who lapses into expletive laced jibberish when exercised as you have done so many times on this thread.  You can continue to trash this thread with your left wing propaganda and hit pieces but you've got to know that they convince no one that is not already convinced and make you look like the desperate attention seeker that you are. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on April 05, 2017, 09:41:02 PM
a journalist?  Just more fake news.  ::)

***To be fair, it is interesting.

***Why do I recognize her?

She's not with CNN. Are you just looking for fake news because pretty much any mainstream news report should cover that for you.  ::)