• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

the_Stranger

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 19, 2017, 10:29:36 PM
I don't really just automatically accept a lot of what I hear, unless it's a person or source I've come to trust through experience.  Especially if it's something they have a vested interest in me believing, it seems out of character somehow, it goes against my current understanding, etc.
I feel the same way.
It just seems that most everything seen on this forum slants one way or the other and the posters usually can't or won't acknowledge their own bias.
Sad that people can't see past that and try to come to some understanding.
Life's too short for that contentiousness.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 19, 2017, 09:49:08 PM
Well, again, these are Fake Statistics.

This is much easier to manipulate than, say, even voting polls, as this is much more subjective.  Selection of topics.  Selection of comments made on topics.  Deciding what was the ''truth'' about something in the first place, then deciding whether what each person said was the ''truth'' or a ''lie''.  In the case of Pud's statistics, deciding what's ''provably'' true or false.  Is each instance considered a new lie, or is an eight year long lie counted as ''one''.  They don't say.

Note also, the size and importance of the lie is completely omitted, i.e., how damaging is it to the country.  The lies about Benghazi or the Iran deal dwarf anything Trump has said, for example, but in these statistics they are given equal weight.

Since we've never even seen statistics on this until now, can we not assume they were created to reinforce the narrative these folks wanted to put out in the first place?  Wouldn't that suggest they are going in with the notion they are going to ''prove'' their narrative (that Trump lies about more than Obama)?  Doesn't make that make them highly suspect?

Then a Trump hater sees them and selection bias kicks in.  ''Hey look, this agrees with what I've been told by the Democrat Fake News Media, where I get all my information, so it must be true.  No critical thinking required''.

I can't believe I actually have to explain this to people.

And your passionate, indefatigable devotion to such a thankless, frustrating task is admirable.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 19, 2017, 09:49:08 PM
  Fake...

You're so predictable. But then when your eyes are closed and your fingers are in both ears you couldn't hear a liar if he stood in front of you spitting them out one after another.

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on February 19, 2017, 09:49:59 PM
The media trys to take Trump literally. The dude uses a lot of slogans because...

That's how dictators manipulate people.

"When you point a finger at the moon to indicate the moon, instead of looking at the moon, the stupid ones look at your finger." Mao Tse-tung

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 19, 2017, 10:54:31 PM
You're so predictable. But then when your eyes are closed and your fingers are in both ears you couldn't hear a liar if he stood in front of you spitting them out one after another.

"When you point a finger at the moon to indicate the moon, instead of looking at the moon, the stupid ones look at your finger." Mao Tse-tung

Anyone who thinks Trump is similar to a dictator is being misled. Old man McCain is going senile. This is a guy who originally preached term limits and campaign finance reform. He is on what? His 20th term, and sucks up more crooked money than anyone.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 19, 2017, 06:30:36 PM
Your incessant defense of pathological liar Trump is pathetic. Even if evidence of his lies were handed to you on a silver platter you would call it "faked" or "manipulated" and still make excuses for him. Your unconditional devotion to Trump is a good example of how cult leaders find followers...

I'm no big Trump fan.  This election offered us two lousy choices, imo.  Mrs Clinton was flat out unacceptable, which left Donald Trump.

I've never liked Trump as a person.  The loud New York belligerent attitude.  Dumping trophy wife after trophy wife.  The constant need for attention.  The general comments he's made over the past 20 years, or however long he's been around.  I never watched his TV show but the ''you're fired'' lines in commercials for it were pretty obnoxious. 

He's certainly no Constitutional Conservative, so he's not going to be someone whose policies are always going to dovetail with mine.  Same goes for this Congress.  I expect to be opposed to a lot of what he and they do. 

But so far I like most of his cabinet picks.  He is at least talking about some of the problems this country has that have been ignored for a very long time. 

Sure, he's not slick and polished.  He clearly doesn't spend time with focus groups deciding what to say each day.  I wish he'd quit tweeting and let his spokespeople do their jobs.  He doesn't need to be responding to every slight.  I wish he had a different personality and temperament.  I really hope he doesn't go the way of Arnold Schwarzenegger - ineffective blowhard dunce, that's been my fear all along.

I do like the fact that he isn't a lifelong politician.  I'd like for him to be successful, if for no other reason than it would encourage other non-politicians to run for office.

I wouldn't have undone the regulation about dumping coal waste into streams, but I'm not convinced that's really the case since it came from the fake news crowd.  Obama left a mess with Russia, Iran, ISIS, the whole Middle East, global terrorism, China, and North Korea.  There are no good choices to choose from on most of these issues now, which means he's left with only bad choices to choose from.

As far as immigration, I would allow people brought here as children to stay, along with those who have jobs and aren't taking public handouts.  I like a Muslim ban.  Islam simply is not compatible with democracy.  He needs to deal with both issues smarter, but again, he was left with a mess.

It shocks me, but doesn't surprise, that the Rs in Congress don't have healthcare reform, tax reform, regulation reform, education reform, crime reduction, etc, legislation ready to roll out.  What have they been doing all these years they were bitching about Obama?  These are all messes Trump apparently needs to lead on, and seems willing to do so.

None of this is his fault.  It's a lot, and the vested interests from the losing side are purposefully in the way instead of offering legitimate advice and help.  All of which means I'm with him, for now.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 19, 2017, 10:35:56 PM
And your passionate, indefatigable devotion to such a thankless, frustrating task is admirable.

Aw, you're welcome

Lt.Uhura

Chaos and confusion ensues as they struggle to keep track of all the lies.

The irony here is I could say the same about your predictable reaction to my post, and having your eyes and ears closed. 

At least I gave you my specific thoughts on it, which is slightly different from closing my eyes and having my fingers in my ears.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: the_Stranger on February 19, 2017, 10:34:22 PM
I feel the same way.
It just seems that most everything seen on this forum slants one way or the other and the posters usually can't or won't acknowledge their own bias.
Sad that people can't see past that and try to come to some understanding.
Life's too short for that contentiousness.

I'll take that as I'm ready to embrace President Trump. Welcome back to reality.  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 19, 2017, 11:09:40 PM

Oh? Is that the latest news from your phony WH contact?  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: nooryisawesomeâ,,¢ on February 19, 2017, 10:56:36 PM
Anyone who thinks Trump is similar to a dictator is being misled. Old man McCain is going senile. This is a guy who originally preached term limits and campaign finance reform. He is on what? His 20th term, and sucks up more crooked money than anyone.

He and Hillary are both still kinda hoping that the deep state will maneuver them into the presidency.  ::)

I say take 'em both out.  ;)

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 19, 2017, 10:56:37 PM
... I like a Muslim ban.  Islam simply is not compatible with democracy...

I wish Trump would just come out and say that.  No hard feelings.  No ill will.

I don't think most Muslims would disagree, even if they didn't admit it.  At least they would have a clear understanding, and we could work from there.

Dr. MD MD

Talk about predictable! You, once again, try to associate Trump with a dictator and then have the audacity to end with a quote by your chosen candidate's role model (she even took to wearing his uniform).  ::) :D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 19, 2017, 11:25:42 PM
Talk about predictable! You, once again, try to associate Trump with a dictator and then have the audacity to end with a quote by your chosen candidate's role model (she even took to wearing his uniform).  ::) :D

Yeah, ''Trump's a dictator - look what Mao had to say about people like that''.

Mao's probably a little too on the nose, I probably would have gone with a quote from Castro instead.

Jackstar

you couldn't hear a liar if he stood in front of you spitting them out one after another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuHdK-4M1Wc

You seem like an odd shill to be attempting to make this particular point, lawls

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on February 19, 2017, 11:09:40 PM

You are projecting.

Jackstar

Mrs Clinton was flat out unacceptable, which left Donald Drumpf.

You had the option to write-in for Bernie. That's just one example.

Your demonstrable failure to even acknowledge how voting works utterly invalidates your opinions you profess to hold on other political matters.

Also, suck my fat one, you cheap ambulance-chasing hoor.

I'm no big Trump fan.  This election offered us two lousy choices, imo.  Mrs Clinton was flat out unacceptable, which left Donald Trump.

I've never liked Trump as a person.  The loud New York belligerent attitude.  Dumping trophy wife after trophy wife.  The constant need for attention.  The general comments he's made over the past 20 years, or however long he's been around.  I never watched his TV show but the ''you're fired'' lines in commercials for it were pretty obnoxious. 

He's certainly no Constitutional Conservative, so he's not going to be someone whose policies are always going to dovetail with mine.  Same goes for this Congress.  I expect to be opposed to a lot of what he and they do. 

But so far I like most of his cabinet picks.  He is at least talking about some of the problems this country has that have been ignored for a very long time. 

Sure, he's not slick and polished.  He clearly doesn't spend time with focus groups deciding what to say each day.  I wish he'd quit tweeting and let his spokespeople do their jobs.  He doesn't need to be responding to every slight.  I wish he had a different personality and temperament.  I really hope he doesn't go the way of Arnold Schwarzenegger - ineffective blowhard dunce, that's been my fear all along.

I do like the fact that he isn't a lifelong politician.  I'd like for him to be successful, if for no other reason than it would encourage other non-politicians to run for office.

I wouldn't have undone the regulation about dumping coal waste into streams, but I'm not convinced that's really the case since it came from the fake news crowd.  Obama left a mess with Russia, Iran, ISIS, the whole Middle East, global terrorism, China, and North Korea.  There are no good choices to choose from on most of these issues now, which means he's left with only bad choices to choose from.

As far as immigration, I would allow people brought here as children to stay, along with those who have jobs and aren't taking public handouts.  I like a Muslim ban.  Islam simply is not compatible with democracy.  He needs to deal with both issues smarter, but again, he was left with a mess.

It shocks me, but doesn't surprise, that the Rs in Congress don't have healthcare reform, tax reform, regulation reform, education reform, crime reduction, etc, legislation ready to roll out.  What have they been doing all these years they were bitching about Obama?  These are all messes Trump apparently needs to lead on, and seems willing to do so.

None of this is his fault.  It's a lot, and the vested interests from the losing side are purposefully in the way instead of offering legitimate advice and help.  All of which means I'm with him, for now.

What would he have to do to make you not be with him? Asking for several friends.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 19, 2017, 11:25:42 PM
Talk about predictable!

How many of these are you? Three? Four? Come on.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 20, 2017, 12:08:05 AM
We'll render his body down and make soap out of it.

Count me out for Labor Day.

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on February 19, 2017, 05:09:49 PM
...and training/education for the future ("do you really want to work in a mine?...)
Telling.

Quote from: Jackstar ℗ on February 19, 2017, 11:49:11 PM
You had the option to write-in for Bernie. That's just one example.

Your demonstrable failure to even acknowledge how voting works utterly invalidates your opinions...

I'm pretty sure that I do.  On election day there were only two possible outcomes.  And it didn't matter who I voted for, or if I voted, all my state's electoral votes were going to Hilary.

And the doddering old Stalinist Bernie Sanders was also completely unacceptable.  We were just coming off eight years of another nobody with an absurd worldview, who'd caught the imagination of high school students everywhere.  He'd have been a good fit for the Politburo though.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 19, 2017, 11:49:24 PM
What would he have to do to make you not be with him? Asking for several friends.

I'll let you know if we get there.  After Bush, Clinton, Bush II, Obama, a Hilary scare, and the alternatives, the bar's pretty low.  Not that any of our opinions matter anyway.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on February 20, 2017, 12:59:34 AM
I'll let you know if we get there.  After Bush, Clinton, Bush II, Obama, a Hilary scare, and the alternatives, the bar's pretty low.  Not that any of our opinions matter anyway.

Not to mention Andrew Johnson and Warren Harding. Forget moral and ethical equivalencies, because everyone who holds elected office should be held to the highest possible standards without exception. You have strong opinions about almost everything, so to say that you have to wait until "we get there" before you reach your tipping point calls for decadent quantities of butter and real maple syrup.

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on February 19, 2017, 09:35:51 AM
Top tip. Just as Trump has been advised, don't wach. As for eye rolling, its a natural reflex when anything Trump says reaches the public. Expect more.  :)

I've asked this b4.  Are there any Brit forums that you frequent so that we may join and shitpost away just to fuck with you and your mates?  Then we could celebrate our intellectual exchange of ideas with a couple of rounds of Irish Car bombs down at the pub.

paladin1991

Quote from: Meister_000 on February 19, 2017, 07:28:47 PM
I'm Jewish. He's my people (not yours) so FU.
And trust me; HE WOULD APPROVE!

Actually, you must be a Christian to claim Christ.  Because it was, and I think that the Bellgab sage, Jackstar, will back me up on this, it was the Jews who turned their back on the Messiah and wanted him crucified.  YOU killed him.

So, our little Bellgab JAP, You are mistaken, He would not approve of you.

WOTR

Quote from: Filling Shredni Vashtars mouth on February 20, 2017, 03:11:47 AM

Actually, you must be a Christian to claim Christ.  Because it was, and I think that the Bellgab sage, Jackstar, will back me up on this, it was the Jews who turned their back on the Messiah and wanted him crucified.  YOU killed him.

So, our little Bellgab JAP, You are mistaken, He would not approve of you.

I finished a biography of Judas a few years ago.  Part of the way through I started wondering how it was that artists through time depicted Judas as a Jew while depicting Christ and the other disciples as "good Europeans."