• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 17, 2019, 05:05:29 PM
Wow just when you thought the week couldn’t get any better. 1st we get dinner with the college champions and burgers stacked a mile high. And now Pelosi getting spanked on the tarmac. It’s beautiful man. Can’t wait for the SOTU.

https://youtu.be/RLWZwCWDD2k

Maybe Pelosi can get a deal for the CODEL on Kayak.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 17, 2019, 05:19:32 PM

On the gillette youtube post of that video - one comment said that if you dislike it and return a few minutes later - your dislike would be removed.
I tried it and it's true! 😀

I posted these two on their facebook page so let's see what happens!

albrecht

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 17, 2019, 05:31:13 PM
On the gillette youtube post of that video - one comment said that if you dislike it and return a few minutes later - your dislike would be removed.
I tried it and it's true! 😀

I posted these two on their facebook page so let's see what happens!

Jackstar last night posted a video of the comments being deleted in almost real time on the original faggy Gillette youtube commercial.  The argument going was whether it was people doing or some algorithm.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: albrecht on January 17, 2019, 05:34:40 PM
Jackstar last night posted a video of the comments being deleted in almost real time on the original faggy Gillette youtube commercial.  The argument going was whether it was people doing or some algorithm.

It just amazes me that they thought this would be good marketing. Honestly, they should go back to snapping pics of that sweet, sweet female derriere. 😍

albrecht

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 17, 2019, 05:55:19 PM
It just amazes me that they thought this would be good marketing. Honestly, they should go back to snapping pics of that sweet, sweet female derriere. 😍

It is nuts. F1 and some other racing circuits are doing away with "grid girls" and now a brand whose target demographic is men is making fun of them and calling them bad? Bizarre, if one looks at this simply as a matter of business.  I guess one can say "all publicity is good publicity" but in the Gillette case I'm note sure if I buy that theory.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: albrecht on January 17, 2019, 05:59:16 PM
It is nuts. F1 and some other racing circuits are doing away with "grid girls" and now a brand whose target demographic is men is making fun of them and calling them bad? Bizarre, if one looks at this simply as a matter of business.  I guess one can say "all publicity is good publicity" but in the Gillette case I'm note sure if I buy that theory.

Some just have to learn the hard way...

ItsOver

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 17, 2019, 05:05:29 PM
Wow just when you thought the week couldn’t get any better. 1st we get dinner with the college champions and burgers stacked a mile high. And now Pelosi getting spanked on the tarmac. It’s beautiful man. Can’t wait for the SOTU.

https://youtu.be/RLWZwCWDD2k
Ha!  The Donald gives the old biddy the finger on the tarmac.  Truly, truly beautiful.  I think I just shed a tear of joy.  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ItsOver on January 17, 2019, 06:55:39 PM
Ha!  The Donald gives the old biddy the finger on the tarmac.  Truly, truly beautiful.  I think I just shed a tear of joy.  ;D

Best president EVAR! ;D

WOTR

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 17, 2019, 05:55:19 PM

How many men are actually going to change brands- and to what? Below you will find a video for Axe... By Unilever (the owners of dollarshave) promoting men "experimenting with other guys" and pushing an agenda.  They launched the #isitokforguys hashtag to "break they cycle of toxic masculinity."

Perhaps a Schick, then?  Sorry gents- but a few months ago they launched their "the man I am" campaign.  Let me quote from their own website. "As society evolves, so too must the role of men, and masculinity itself. The archetypes? Gone. The roadmap? Transforming. The time is right to launch a campaign that seeks to redefine masculinity as we know it. Being a man is a spectrum not a binary, so wherever men see themselves on that spectrum, we’re there for them."

In short, buy yourself a double edge razor, single edge razor, an old straight or possibly an electric or face the fact that you are going to be supporting a company who will happily attack your masculinity.  Oh- the target age for these ads? 18-34.  Why?  Because they know the rest of you suckers will stick with them even if they castrate you and stick you in a dress.  You are still going to want your 5 blades.

Schicks webpage if you don't believe me: https://www.schick.com/us/en/shave-code/schick-hydro-new-campaign-the-man-i-am
Unilever's ad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WySfa7x5q0

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on January 17, 2019, 05:59:16 PM
Oh, seems to work alright.  Pull in the millennials and the women who might buy the blades for their men and trust that the other men will forgive.  What brand are you using tomorrow?

Me?  Either a straight or a Gem damaskene (for now.)

WeinerInHand

Quote from: WOTR on January 18, 2019, 03:06:08 AM
How many men are actually going to change brands- and to what? Below you will find a video for Axe... By Unilever (the owners of dollarshave) promoting men "experimenting with other guys" and pushing an agenda.  They launched the #isitokforguys hashtag to "break they cycle of toxic masculinity."

Perhaps a Schick, then?  Sorry gents- but a few months ago they launched their "the man I am" campaign.  Let me quote from their own website. "As society evolves, so too must the role of men, and masculinity itself. The archetypes? Gone. The roadmap? Transforming. The time is right to launch a campaign that seeks to redefine masculinity as we know it. Being a man is a spectrum not a binary, so wherever men see themselves on that spectrum, we’re there for them."

In short, buy yourself a double edge razor, single edge razor, an old straight or possibly an electric or face the fact that you are going to be supporting a company who will happily attack your masculinity.  Oh- the target age for these ads? 18-34.  Why?  Because they know the rest of you suckers will stick with them even if they castrate you and stick you in a dress.  You are still going to want your 5 blades.

Schicks webpage if you don't believe me: https://www.schick.com/us/en/shave-code/schick-hydro-new-campaign-the-man-i-am
Unilever's ad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WySfa7x5q0

Welp, you seem to have me figured out. I think you're right - why push back against the inevitable? Let's stop bringing things like this to attention and just accept the hand we're given. Thanks for the heads up!

Metron2267

Not that I'm crazy about buying anything froggie...

I wonder where they stand on the yellow vests?

https://www.expatica.com/fr/france-company-bic-earnings-stock/

Shares in France's Bic, a global manufacturer of disposable ballpoint pens, lighters and razors, plunged on the Paris stock exchange Thursday after the company cut its profitability outlook for this year.
Late Wednesday, Bic said higher commodity prices and razor market weakness would weigh on margins this year, having already seen a difficult 2017.

The results statement, initially planned for February 14, was brought forward by two weeks because the French group, realizing that its 2018 targets were below forecasts by market analysts, wanted to give them early warning, a spokeswoman told an audio conference.

The ink was barely dry on the statement when investors started disposing of Bic’s shares massively, pushing them nine percent lower to 84 euros in morning business on the Paris bourse Thursday.

Analysts at investment bank Bryan Garnier said that after a slightly better-than-expected 2017, Bic’s operating margin forecast for this year was “significantly” below the market consensus forecast.

Last year, Bic’s net profit grew 15.5 percent to 288.3 million euros ($358.8 million), partly thanks to a lower tax rate.

Gd5150

Use electric. I Have for 30 years. Saves a ton of time. I find the rotary work better than foil. They last 2-3 years. If you want a bunch of gimmicks spend a few hundred. Otherwise just get a $40 rechargeable, and cycle recharage the batteries properly. You can even replace the blades, but I never have.

Braun
Phillips
Norelco
Remington
Panasonic

Metron2267

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 18, 2019, 11:26:12 AM
Use electric. I Have for 30 years. Saves a ton of time. I find the rotary work better than foil. They last 2-3 years. If you want a bunch of gimmicks spend a few hundred. Otherwise just get a $40 rechargeable, and cycle recharage the batteries properly. You can even replace the blades, but I never have.

Braun
Phillips
Norelco
Remington
Panasonic

Now there's a global covey of politics to consider!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braun_(company)
Braun GmbH (/braʊn/ (About this soundlisten) "brown"; German: [bʁaʊn] (About this soundlisten)), formerly Braun AG, is a German consumer products company based in Kronberg. From 1984 until 2007, Braun was a wholly owned subsidiary of The Gillette Company, which had purchased a controlling interest in the company in 1967. Braun is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Procter & Gamble, which acquired Gillette in 2005. On 16 April 2012, De'Longhi bought perpetual rights to manufacture Braun branded products from Procter & Gamble in the small appliance segment. Procter & Gamble will continue to own the Braun brand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
PhilipsKoninklijke Philips N.V. (literally Royal Philips, stylized as PHILIPS) is a Dutch multinational technology company headquartered in Amsterdam, one of the largest electronics companies in the world, currently focused in the area of healthcare and lighting...Norelco is the American brand name for electric shavers and other personal care products made by the Consumer Lifestyle division of Philips.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Products
In 2003, the Kiam family and Vestar sold Remington to the battery company Rayovac. Rayovac changed its name to Spectrum Brands and markets Remington brand men's and women's electric shavers, hair clippers, beard and moustache trimmers, nose and ear hair trimmers, foot massagers, make-up mirrors, heated hair rollers, blow dryers, and curling irons. Remington also sells flat irons...Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc., a Fortune 500 company,[3] is an American diversified company established in 2005 as the successor company to Rayovac Corporation. Rayovac had been located in Wisconsin since its conception as The French Battery Company in 1906.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panasonic
Panasonic Corporation (パナソニック株式会社 Panasonikku Kabushiki-gaisha), formerly known as Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. (松下電器産業株式会社 Matsushita Denki Sangyō Kabushiki-gaisha), is a Japanese multinational electronics corporation headquartered in Kadoma, Osaka, Japan.

The last 2 work for me - very good advice!

WeinerInHand

I've been using these this last time around

Clearly, my conservative values have been nothing but a facade!

WeinerInHand

Ah, hell! It's become entangled with the wall issue...

Gd5150

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 18, 2019, 11:46:19 AM

The last 2 work for me - very good advice!

That looks like my latest. Although I went el cheapo and don’t have a fancy battery meter. Just 1 light. Haha. The ones that are like $350 and have internet access and “AI” are the crack up. Who would spend $350 on a razor. Insane.

Surprised no ones made a smartphone attachment that will shave your face.

Metron2267

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 18, 2019, 12:13:32 PM

Those bleeding razors are...<shudder> BiLINGUAL!

:o

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 18, 2019, 12:37:57 PM
Those bleeding razors are...<shudder> BiLINGUAL!

:o

For the half dozen times that I shave a month - I could use a sharpened piece of heating duct and have time to heal in between!

Also, I think they prefer the term Bleeding HEART Razors...

Gd5150

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 18, 2019, 01:03:00 PM
For the half dozen times that I shave a month - I could use a sharpened piece of heating duct and have time to heal in between!

You should consider electric. No water or shaving cream to deal with. I shave in my car all the time being on the road for work.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 18, 2019, 01:14:44 PM
You should consider electric. No water or shaving cream to deal with. I shave in my car all the time being on the road for work.

I've tried and they tear up my face. Razors work - I'm just gonna stay away from those liberal pinko commie ones!

WeinerInHand

Hahaha - we knew it was coming!

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Friday accused President Trump of putting her life in danger by publicly nixing her top-secret trip to a war zone in Afghanistan â€" and then “leaking” her backup plans to travel commercially.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/01/18/pelosi-says-trump-put-her-life-in-danger-by-yanking-plane-access/amp/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 18, 2019, 12:13:32 PM

The copy should also include, “Now Snowflake Sensitive!” ;)

Gd5150

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 18, 2019, 01:22:12 PM
I've tried and they tear up my face. Razors work - I'm just gonna stay away from those liberal pinko commie ones!

How about the industrial strength?  ;D

Metron2267

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 18, 2019, 01:03:00 PM

Roger that!

Who knew this:...

Was based on this:

..and that's Friday's trivial pursuit...

Metron2267

Quote from: WeinerInHand on January 18, 2019, 01:31:32 PM
Hahaha - we knew it was coming!

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Friday accused President Trump of putting her life in danger by publicly nixing her top-secret trip to a war zone in Afghanistan â€" and then “leaking” her backup plans to travel commercially.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/01/18/pelosi-says-trump-put-her-life-in-danger-by-yanking-plane-access/amp/

“This morning, we learned that the Administration had leaked the commercial travel plans as well.”

Oh no...THEY leaked this time? That hardly seems Kosher...lol... ;D