• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2018, 12:50:05 PM
This is the whole problem. Ideological zealots are willing to betray even their own ideological principles to win ad absurdum. I wouldn't put it past the left to create a spill to win the debate. You guys are so creative.  :)

Well of course you wouldn't.. Any more than you'd put it past Trump to go a day without praising himself.

Swishypants

God loves you, but I fucking don't! You all suck major ass! I'ma go build some AR-PLAINS! See ya Nerds!!!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 12:52:47 PM
Well, let's see.  The people in this country who make the business and consumption decisions certainly think we now have a president that is pro-business and is working to create an environment where the economy can flourish.  Which is pointedly the opposite of his predecessor. 

As far as political stunts, are you serious?  Symbolism is a large part of the role of any elected official, certainly the VP.  I would much prefer a VP who stands up for the flag ceremony and invites scrutiny of BLM and their stooges in the NFL than not. 

What disingenuous bullshit. Pence went to showboat. No doubt told to by his fuck buddy, because he was all butt hurt.

As for flying around wasting money, we just had a president who took any number of golf vacations, flew to each one, gave a speech along the way so he could call it ''official business'' instead of paying for it himself, and I din't hear a thing about it from you.  Which is surprising given your keen interest in these trips.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL...

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 12:57:20 PM
What disingenuous bullshit. Pence went to showboat. No doubt told to by his fuck buddy, because he was all butt hurt.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL...

Well, you can reduce it to ''showboating'' if you like.  My description was completely accurate.

And again, why the close scrutiny - at least a post a day for a year now - on Trump's weekend trips; not a word, ever, on Obama's?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 01:00:38 PM
Well, you can reduce it to ''showboating'' if you like.  My description was completely accurate.

And again, why the close scrutiny - at least a post a day for a year now - on Trump's weekend trips; not a word, ever, on Obama's?

It was all you used to go on about with Obama, there's no need for me to do it too. Trump has so far outstripped Obama, G W Bush and Clinton combined.

And here's the perfect specimen.

ItsOver

Quote from: Swishypants on January 07, 2018, 12:54:45 PM
God loves you, but I fucking don't! You all suck major ass! I'ma go build some AR-PLAINS! See ya Nerds!!!
There you go!  You need to get some that fly, too, Swishy.  A lot more fun than "Trump baaaaadddd!  Obama gooooddd!  Obama baaaaddd!  Trump gooooddd!"

http://youtu.be/2rBwvQLDLg4

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Swishypants on January 07, 2018, 12:47:49 PM
The FBI came to my house and was like "Oh, it's you Sir." And I was like: "I was serious about Pud, go find that cunt and send him to Guantanamo!" They're looking for you presently.

I didn't know Mulder and Scully made house calls.  I bet there's a "special" file on you now.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 01:04:31 PM
It was all you used to go on about with Obama, there's no need for me to do it too. Trump has so far outstripped Obama, G W Bush and Clinton combined.

I wish they were all restricted to Camp David, and maybe one working vacation a year. 

What I resented about Obama's golf trips was the dishonesty, the way he would mix in a private fundraiser - often around here, blocking off the whole route and downtown, creating huge security costs for the ''host'' city taxpayers - then make some pointless speech somewhere so he could call it official business and stick the taxpayers with the whole thing.

What, now that that was allowed we're supposed to go back to the old rules and jump all over Trump?  I despise the double standard in DC - two sets of diametrically opposite rules depending on which party one represents.  It's a much bigger problem than the money.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on January 07, 2018, 01:07:01 PM
There you go!  You need to get some that fly, too, Swishy.  A lot more fun than "Trump baaaaadddd!  Obama gooooddd!  Obama baaaaddd!  Trump gooooddd!"

http://youtu.be/2rBwvQLDLg4

He's loaded..He should put a bid in for this..

https://www.dominicwinter.co.uk/slide2preview

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 01:20:28 PM

He's loaded..He should put a bid in for this..

https://www.dominicwinter.co.uk/slide2preview

I am surprised you can still get to that website seeing as how Trump rescinded net neutrality.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2018, 12:06:47 AM
Fuck, most of the American people just view Trump as a joke.. Even the dumb as fuck ones who live in the Appellations who share a tooth and have a family tree that's a straight line.

Presumably you're okay with Trump and his daughter wife Ivanka having their stuff made in the far East? You're okay with that? After all the bluster he made about American firms having their products made in the USA? You think Apple will have their i phones made in the USA? Yeah, right...  ;D

Hey Pud:  a. Even those dumb fucks in the “Appelations” know how to spell Appalachian. 

b.  Who the fuck doesn’t sell clothes made offshore.

c.  It would appear that the UK has more of an inbreeding problem than the U.S. 

d.  You need to tell your homies that their mothers, sisters and daughters are out of bounds and to stick to shagging their livestock.

https://country of nowhere.wordpress.com/2016/05/11/inbreeding-in-the-uk/

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/more-incest-west-yorkshire-rest-10896481

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 07, 2018, 04:39:55 PM
Hey Pud:  a. Even those dumb fucks in the “Appelations” know how to spell Appalachian. 

We'll spell your rotten place names how we damn well want to. And you'll like it. How is Florrider today? Assuming they ever allow you outside, of course.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 07, 2018, 04:44:34 PM
We'll spell your rotten place names how we damn well want to. And you'll like it. How is Florrider today? Assuming they ever allow you outside, of course.

It’s too fucking cold down here of late.  I spent big bucks to move to warm weather and I’ve had to wear underwear and Sox the last few days.  WTF? 

Except it made no sense, an appellation being a name place that is descriptive of that place, or a legally defined area for marketing purposes (for example the Champagne or Burgundy regions of France).  If he'd said, say, ''those dumb as fuck ones who live in the Smoky Mountains'', that could have worked.

His usage literally meant the name place of The Name Place, or the place that place names come from.

PS, I'll put up the intelligence of an Appalachian coal miner up against the intelligence of a Yorkshire coal miner any day.  At least ours would know enough not to strike if their government run industry is losing money and the new PM is spoiling for a fight with their leader.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 07, 2018, 05:15:11 PM
Miller is worth his weight in gold.

He's persistent. I guess you gotta be with those clowns. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 07, 2018, 05:20:42 PM
PS, I'll put up the intelligence of an Appalachian coal miner up against the intelligence of a Yorkshire coal miner any day.  At least ours would know enough not to strike if their government run industry is losing money and the new PM is spoiling for a fight with their leader.

I get that feeling too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkihKpnx5yM

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 07, 2018, 04:48:45 PM
It’s too fucking cold down here of late.  I spent big bucks to move to warm weather and I’ve had to wear underwear and Sox the last few days.  WTF?

Republican tidy whities, no doubt.

Kidnostad3

Our idiots are a lot more talented than Brit idiots and better looking too.

https://youtu.be/myhnAZFR1po

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: 136 or 142 on January 06, 2018, 12:03:09 AM
Nori has been taken off the local radio!

Have you been able to pick it up stateside or ?
I live mid Vancouver Island .... not too many options.
Miss Knapp !

albrecht

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 07, 2018, 06:07:23 PM
Miss Knapp !
For what it is worth...and it aiint worth much:
https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/new-canadian-affiliates/
Apparently there was some shake-up in The Great White North with C2C affiliates. Not sure the reason; format changes, pricing changes, ratings problems, or what.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 07, 2018, 06:07:23 PM
Miss Knapp !

Short wave, CB, single sideband, jungle telegraph?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 07, 2018, 05:15:11 PM
Miller is worth his weight in gold.

He sure is...Some of the transcript..(Question? Why send Miller the cabin boy and not a grown up like Kelly, or even Trump himself?)  The best ones are 5-6, 10-11, 18-22.

1. "Steve Bannon's eloquence in that description notwithstanding, it's tragic and unfortunate that Steve would make these grotesque comments."

OK, I get what Miller is going for in condemning Bannon's comments to Wolff. But, this is not a tragedy in any way, shape or form. Also, "grotesque"? Sort of an odd word choice.

2. "I also will say that the author is a garbage author of a garbage book."

Garbage author! Garbage book!

3. "And the tragic thing about this book ..."

Again, none of this is a tragedy. People dying in an earthquake or a fire or a terrorist attack is a tragedy. A book about the palace intrigue in the White House is not a tragedy.

4. "I saw a man who was a political genius, somebody who we would be going down, landing, in descent there would be a breaking news development. And in 20 minutes, he would dictate 10 paragraphs of new material to address that event ..."

This is interesting. Miller's idea of political genius is someone who is able to rapidly process breaking information and incorporate it into his basic appeal to voters. Which, I would agree with, is a kind of genius that most very, very successful politicians possess.

5. "I have no knowledge of anything to do with that meeting."

OK, so Miller was not at the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting between Trump campaign officials and Russians. Doesn't know anything about it. Got it.

6. "But what I can tell you unequivocally is that the allegations and insinuations in this book, which are -- which are a pure work of fiction, are nothing but a pile of trash through and through."

So, wait. Miller just said he wasn't at the Trump Tower meeting. And that he doesn't know anything about it. How, then, can he insist that everything Wolff writes about that meeting -- and the book more generally -- is a "pure work of fiction"?

7. "Your network's been going 24/7 with all the salacious coverage. ... I know that it brings a lot of you guys a lot of joy to trying to stick the knife in."

Nope! CNN covered the book just like every other serious media organization: Detail the allegations made by Wolff, fact-check them and then analyze them. For all of Miller's misdirection -- "salacious" -- those are the facts.

8. "I see sections of the book where events I participated in are described, and I have firsthand knowledge that, as they're described, they're completely and totally fraudulent."

OK, now we are getting somewhere! Miller is absolutely within his rights to say, "I was at these events Wolff describes, and it didn't happen the way he said it did." But we need specifics! Details! What events are wrong -- and how are they wrong?

9. "One of the other tragedies of this grotesque work of fiction is its portrayal of the President."

Not. A. Tragedy.

10. "The reality is, is the President is a political genius who won against a field of 17 incredibly talented people."

Miller wants you to know that he thinks Trump is a political genius. But, really, he wants President Trump to know he thinks Trump is a political genius.

11. "The President's first speech that he gave, unfiltered, unscripted, that was Donald Trump."

So say we all.

12. "You know, Jake, you can be -- no, no, you can condescending."

Ruh roh. This is where the interview starts to go sideways on Miller.

13. "No, you can -- you can condescending."

I can condescending from time to time. Believe me.

14. "I will tell you why I'm attacking you."

You've got to appreciate the frankness of Miller here: I am going to tell you why I am about to punch you in the gut.

15. "Steve Bannon didn't push the travel ban."

Uh, what? You -- and Miller -- should read this.http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politics/donald-trump-travel-ban/index.html

16. "You get 24 hours of negative, anti-Trump, hysterical coverage on this network ..."

This is something the Trump inner circle never gets about the media. We aren't anti-anything. We are pro facts. So, if you are fast and loose with the facts, then it's going to look like the media is against you. But, really, we are against people who don't tell the truth.

17. "Why don't you just give me three minutes to tell you the truth of the Donald Trump."

I'll translate this for you: "Why don't you let me say whatever I want -- facts be damned -- without challenging me or correcting the record." And the reason is because that's not journalism. The end.

18. "I think that what the point is, is that his role has been greatly exaggerated, whereas the President hasn't gotten the due that he deserves for the movement that he put together to tap into the kinds of people whose life concerns don't get a lot of attention on CNN."

So, Bannon didn't have any influence. And everything Trump did that was good was because Trump is a very stable genius. And anything bad that happened to Trump was because the mainstream media is biased. Got it? Good!

19. "He would be able to come up with material in the blink of an eye."

If you missed this point: Miller thinks Trump is a super-genius. Like, Professor Charles Xavier smart. ;D

20. "If you want to have an answer to your question, and not to get hysterical, then I will answer it."

I'm not being hysterical! You're being hysterical! I am TOTALLY CALM.

21. "The investigation is referenced in the beginning of the final letter that was released to point out about the fact that, notwithstanding having been informed that there is no investigation, that the -- that the move that is happening is completely unrelated to that."

Try to diagram this sentence. I dare you. ;D ;D

22. "The President's tweets absolutely reaffirm the plainspoken truth." ;D

Very. Stable. Genius. ;D

23. "Don't -- no, don't be condescending. Jake, Jake, Jake ..."

I can't put my finger on why, but this is my favorite Miller line in the interview. "Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake."

24. "No, no, because -- you're being -- no."

No, no, because, no. What an interview. What a day.

albrecht

New Trump book "Fire and Fury" by Michael Wolff. Full PDF:
https://t.co/sf7vj4IYAx
â€" WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) January 7, 2018

Those Russians!

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 07, 2018, 12:43:41 PM
You've had two goes at 'hypocrisy'. Is the third time the charm, or will the pooch get cornholed once again?

Given your nonchalance for proper spelling, I'm assuming the second post is more about expressing one of your fantasies?

Yorkshire pud

We should have this game on the forum. We say something about someone and name them, but when the shit storm ensues (Stay with me on this, because we know really the apathy will be overwhelming in reality), we say we really meant it about someone else.  ;D ;D

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42597764

Steve Bannon, Donald Trump's former chief strategist, has tried to reverse remarks in which he called the president's son Donald Jr "treasonous".

The accusation appears in Michael Wolff's new book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.

He was referring to a meeting in June 2016 between Mr Trump's son and a group of Russians.

But on Sunday Mr Bannon said the barb was directed at former aide Paul Manafort, who was also present. (Of course, how could anyone think otherwise?)

The Senate, House of Representatives and a special counsel are all investigating alleged Russian interference in the presidential election, allegations denied by both the Kremlin and Donald Trump.

Bannon regrets waiting to say something
In a statement first reported by news site Axios, Steve Bannon called Donald Jr "both a patriot and a good man".

"My comments were aimed at Paul Manafort, a seasoned campaign professional with experience and knowledge of how the Russians operate," he said. "He should have known they are duplicitous, cunning and not our friends.* To reiterate, those comments were not aimed at Don Jr."

The original remark, published in Mr Wolff's book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, and not disputed by Mr Bannon, appeared to take aim at all three Trump campaign officials in the room, including Donald Jr.

It read: "The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor - with no lawyers. They didn't have any lawyers.

"Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it's all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately."

*...Not what his former boss thinks..  ???