• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Quote from: WOTR on January 06, 2018, 05:20:08 PM
Bingo.

Things are a little different up here- but not enough to play Russian roulette with your future freedom by assuming that the police are there to help you and the prosecutors are going to be fair and impartial.

From what I gather in the fake news media, the Rs in DC are automatically guilty at the point of the first accusation - hiring an attorney is considered additional proof, while the Ds are only to be prosecuted by DAs who are briefed ahead of time as to what will and what won't be part of the investigation - these briefings are typically carried out at night, in out of the way places like airport tarmacs.

136 or 142

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 06, 2018, 05:08:04 PM
Knock yourself out cupcake

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/politics/2018-senate-race-rankings-january/index.html

The top two listed there are the Republican held states I mentioned. 
1.McCaskill in Missouri will be a close race but she has a lot of supporters as well as a lot of detractors.

2.Indiana will be a close race but the article mentions the weakness of the Republican candidates.

3.Manchin is popular in West Virginia.  If Don Blackenship wins the Republican nomination, Manchin would win reelection in a landslide.

4.Heitkamp is popular in North Dakota and nobody expected her to win in 2012.

5.Sherrod Brown is popular in Ohio.  We are now really down to states where the Republicans have at best a 1/3 chance of winning.  Also, the likely Republican nominee State Treasurer Josh Mandel dropped out of the race a few days ago, and the Ohio filing deadline is about 1 month away.

6.The Florida race is the one I wrote about when I noticed that previously article was from 2016. Democrat Bill Nelson is very popular in Florida.  If Republican Rick Scott doesn't challenge him, in a large and diverse state like Florida there isn't really another Republican with a high profile who could challenge Nelson all that seriously (not without spending $10s of millions anyway.)  Scott is a governor with middling popularity (elected and reelected in the Republican wave years of 2010 and 2014 with 51% of the vote) who has received a likely temporary boost to his popularity with his handling of the hurricane.  Trump's decision to allow offshore drilling off the Florida coast also makes it less likely Scott, or any other potential top tier Republican candidate, will run.

7.Montana is still a relatively elastic state when voting federally and Democrat Jon Tester is popular.

8.Minnesota?  CNN really was desperate to find #10.

136 or 142

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 06, 2018, 05:19:12 PM
3% economic growth, soon to be 4%. Dow 25000. Record unemployment, record stock market, record economic growth, and Asta La Vista Obamacare and it’s $3,000mo premiums for the tin foil hat plan.

2018 is already booming!

Odd, when Obama was President, all the Republicans said there were '95 million Americans unemployed.'  In 2017, the economy created approx 2 million jobs.  How can the economy now be booming when there are still 93 million unemployed Americans?

albrecht

Bingo.

Things are a little different up here- but not enough to play Russian roulette with your future freedom by assuming that the police are there to help you and the prosecutors are going to be fair and impartial.
I haven't been to Canada in a long time but in the States we have a yuuge prison population and we have so many laws, regulations, etc that it is easy to be breaking a law without even knowing it (which is no excuse from prosecution.) I doubt even the most highly trained judge would know all the laws and regulations we have. Anybody or business targeted by the Feds, but even State and local, agents who doesn't use a lawyer is stupid. I'm not even saying there is a conspiracy or corruption (though in cases there might be) but when you have the total power of the STATE against an individual or company you better shut-up and use lawyer(s).

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 06, 2018, 05:19:12 PM
“the new norm”

This is a trigger phrase for me now. Whenever I hear it I know some liberals are trying to hoodwink me. Remember before the election they were trying to convince us that domestic terrorist attacks were "the new normal" so get used to it? ::)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: PaulAtreides on January 06, 2018, 05:22:27 PM
When Mr. Rogers met Trump.

Bless your heart.  You always make such cerebral comments even after the lobotomy.

Dr. MD MD

Bingo.

Your cops are actually pretty cool. They're WAY less reactionary then ours in my experience.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 06, 2018, 05:25:19 PM
From what I gather in the fake news media, the Rs in DC are automatically guilty at the point of the first accusation - hiring an attorney is considered additional proof, while the Ds are only to be prosecuted by DAs who are briefed ahead of time as to what will and what won't be part of the investigation - these briefings are typically carried out at night, in out of the way places like airport tarmacs.
Please, Papes. The only thing you "gather" is berries in the park with Eric Trump. That and fleas from being such a lying dog.
Your alt-right dystopia is collapsing and all you have are weak  ripostes about poor little R's being picked on by the very law they claim to admire?
Your weakness and intellectual dishonesty are on full display here.

Gd5150

It’s 2018! And it’s that time again! Let’s look at all the eveidence collected after 18 months of illegal wiretaps, and an unconstitutional witch hunt into Trump Campaign & Russia collusion.

Edit: Breaking News! This just in!

https://youtu.be/lw2BVI9OhC4

Quote from: NowhereInTime on January 06, 2018, 05:37:56 PM
Please, Papes. The only thing you "gather" is berries in the park with Eric Trump. That and fleas from being such a lying dog.
Your alt-right dystopia is collapsing and all you have are weak  ripostes about poor little R's being picked on by the very law they claim to admire?

Only the 6th of January, and you've already got the New Year's Eve bender behind you.  Are you getting better, or just run out of money?

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 06, 2018, 05:43:34 PM
Only the 6th of January, and you've already got the New Year's Eve bender behind you.  Are you getting better, or just run out of money?

NIT noi baht

Gd5150

Coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the inauguration of Donald Jefferson Milhouse “Dutch” Trump. Accomplishments:

Conservative Supreme Court Justice - check
Trumps Immigration executive orders declared constitutional by the United States Supreme Court - check
Dismantling of the disastrous Obamacare - check
Highest economic growth in 15 years - check
Massive tax cuts that will generate the highest economic growth in 30 years - check
Record number of record closes for stock market in first year - check
Record stock market up 25% under Trump - check
Lowest unemployment in 15 years - check
Consumer confidence 15 year high - check
MSDemokkkratMedia meltdown - check
Al Fraken shitcanned and a complete disgrace - check
Numerous Leftwing Demokkkrat Titans disgraced for sexual harrassment and rape - check

And now let’s look at the left’s DemoKKKRat accomplishments:
Trump is Orange

Trumps Presidency “The Hit Machine!”

https://youtu.be/1H63hmdYmtE

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 06, 2018, 05:33:33 PM
Your cops are actually pretty cool. They're WAY less reactionary then ours in my experience.

Dudley Do-Right rocks! 

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Gd5150 link=topic=2284.msg1142345#msg1142345 date=151528298

Trumps Presidency “The Hit Machine!”

url=https://youtu.be/1H63hmdYmtE]https://youtu.be/1H63hmdYmtE[/url]

Disco lives!

Swishypants

Quote from: NowhereInTime on January 06, 2018, 05:37:56 PM

Nothing is collapsing. Gen-Y is with us. You are now outnumbered and the next 40 years belong to US! Die Rebel Scum!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 06, 2018, 05:56:26 PM
Coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the inauguration of Donald Jefferson Milhouse “Dutch” Trump. Accomplishments:

Conservative Supreme Court Justice - check--Be careful what you wish for trainspotter, They might be 'conservative' with you one day. Then you'll cry a lot
Trumps Immigration executive orders declared constitutional by the United States Supreme Court - check--Hasn't gone through yet...
Dismantling of the disastrous Obamacare - check--So henceforth, any complaints about the cost of health can be directed at Trump? Yeah?
Highest economic growth in 15 years - check--No it isn't.
Massive tax cuts that will generate the highest economic growth in 30 years - check--Well, only if you're already a billionaire, which we can be sure you're not bubba.

Record number of record closes for stock market in first year - check--Woopeedooo, and how has that helped YOU directly? When it goes down again, we can blame Trump, yeah?
Record stock market up 25% under Trump - check--See above, when it goes back down, blame Trump?
Lowest unemployment in 15 years - check--For now, wait until the recession kicks in
Consumer confidence 15 year high - check--You really believe this shit don't you?
MSDemokkkratMedia meltdown - check--Not as much as Trump over a book he should have ignored, but couldn't help himself to boost its sales! Trump, the master of shooting himself in the foot!  ;D
Al Fraken shitcanned and a complete disgrace - check---As well as the Republican molesters too, But you're selective..Trainspotters usually are.
Numerous Leftwing Demokkkrat Titans disgraced for sexual harrassment and rape - check--And Roy Moore...Oh wait, he only goes after young teenage girls when he was in his 30s

Trumps Presidency “The SHit Machine!”

You're welcome  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Trump's diction, 1988 (Interview with Oprah Winfrey)

Winfrey: What do you think of this year’s presidential race, the way it’s shaping up?

Trump: Well, I think it’s going to be very interesting. I think that probably George Bush has an advantage, in terms of the election. I think that probably people would say he’s got, like, that little edge in terms of the incumbency, etcetera, etcetera. But I think Jesse Jackson has done himself very proud. I think Michael Dukakis has done a hell of a job. And George Bush has done a hell of a job. They all went in there sort of as semi-underdogsâ€"including George Bushâ€"and they’ve all come out. I think people that are around all three of those candidates can be very proud of the jobs they’ve done.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump's diction very recently

People want the border wall. My base definitely wants the border wall, my base really wants itâ€"you’ve been to many of the rallies. Okay, the thing they want more than anything is the wall. My base, which is a big base; I think my base is 45 percent. You know, it’s funny. The Democrats, they have a big advantage in the Electoral College. Big, big, big advantage ... The Electoral College is very difficult for a Republican to win, and I will tell you, the people want to see it. They want to see the wall.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2018/01/trump-cog-decline/548759/

Yorkshire pud

Viewers of Trump’s recent speeches have begun noticing minor abnormalities in his movements. In November, he used his free hand to steady a small Fiji bottle as he brought it to his mouth. Onlookers described the movement as “awkward” and made jokes about hand size. Some called out Trump for doing the exact thing he had mocked Senator Marco Rubio for during the presidential primaryâ€"conspicuously drinking water during a speech.

(Joshua Roberts / Reuters)
(Mark Wilson / Getty)
By comparison, Rubio’s movement was smooth, effortless. The Senator noticed that Trump had stared at the Fiji bottle as he slowly brought it to his lips, jokingly chiding that Trump “needs work on his form. Has to be done in one single motion, and eyes should never leave the camera.”

Then in December, speaking about his national-security plan in Washington, D.C., Trump reached under his podium and grabbed a glass with both hands. This time he kept them on the glass the entire time he drank, and as he put the glass down. This drew even more attention. The gesture was like that of an extremely cold person cradling a mug of cocoa. Some viewers likened him to a child just learning to handle a cup.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on January 06, 2018, 06:34:44 PM
Dudley Do-Right rocks!

I've only ever dealt with their traffic cops. Nice, polite, businesslike. Mind you, they don't have to worry as much about someone in the car shooting them there.  ;)

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 06, 2018, 06:53:24 PM
Trump's diction, 1988 (Interview with Oprah Winfrey)
                                                       ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump's diction very recently

Is there a point in there somewhere?

Swishypants

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 06, 2018, 07:23:35 PM
I've only ever dealt with their traffic cops. Nice, polite, businesslike. Mind you, they don't have to worry as much about someone in the car shooting them there.  ;)

That's what happens when you post like a troll on Bellgab, but actually live the life of a 75 year old Grandmother! 32MPH on the Highway, to get yourself some KFC!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on January 06, 2018, 07:30:43 PM
Is there a point in there somewhere?

If it needs explaining, you won't understand.  ;)

albrecht

Interesting story from Amazon news admitting that the Democrats opposition to the wall is just about politics and symbolism, some used to support it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-giant-symbol-in-fight-over-trumps-wall-democrats-who-once-supported-a-border-barrier-now-oppose-it/2018/01/05/b6441602-f18f-11e7-b390-a36dc3fa2842_story.html?utm_term=.904558b557ea

Personally, as I've mentioned before, I think, except for certain key areas, the wall is a bad idea. I think far better would be landmines, drones/blimps, and people on horseback, ATV, trucks. So I don't mind if the Democrats "win" and the DREAMERs are kicked out and no wall. But immigration rules need to be fixed. Ideally to a pre-1965 state but even better would be something decades earlier that looked after the country first- not the immigrant. More importantly punishments (civil AND criminal) for those who hire, harbor, house, or teach an illegal. Including loosing tax-free status, government grants, tax-payer funds, government contracts etc for any school, church, hospital, or business that does so except in extreme circumstances for humanitarian reasons (an ER treating an illegal injured, giving water to an illegal in the summer before transport to an ICE facility, etc.) And a legal worker system based on real need, background checked, and for worker only- not wife and brood- and temporary or as the case by case basis. Citizenship should also be amended to eliminate the anchor baby loophole. Maybe a grandfather or great-grandfather provision.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 06, 2018, 08:21:51 PM
Interesting story from Amazon news admitting that the Democrats opposition to the wall is just about politics and symbolism, some used to support it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-giant-symbol-in-fight-over-trumps-wall-democrats-who-once-supported-a-border-barrier-now-oppose-it/2018/01/05/b6441602-f18f-11e7-b390-a36dc3fa2842_story.html?utm_term=.904558b557ea

Personally, as I've mentioned before, I think, except for certain key areas, the wall is a bad idea. I think far better would be landmines, drones/blimps, and people on horseback, ATV, trucks. So I don't mind if the Democrats "win" and the DREAMERs are kicked out and no wall. But immigration rules need to be fixed. Ideally to a pre-1965 state but even better would be something decades earlier that looked after the country first- not the immigrant. More importantly punishments (civil AND criminal) for those who hire, harbor, house, or teach an illegal. Including loosing tax-free status, government grants, tax-payer funds, government contracts etc for any school, church, hospital, or business that does so except in extreme circumstances for humanitarian reasons (an ER treating an illegal injured, giving water to an illegal in the summer before transport to an ICE facility, etc.) And a legal worker system based on real need, background checked, and for worker only- not wife and brood- and temporary or as the case by case basis. Citizenship should also be amended to eliminate the anchor baby loophole. Maybe a grandfather or great-grandfather provision.

A wall you say?

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 06, 2018, 09:56:20 PM
A wall you say?

Jesus Christ. They're not the Third Reich! We have radar and boats and airplanes and choppers. We can detect a boat on the water, and SINK IT with a drone!

Swishypants

200 Feet tall and deep! 250 feet thick! Guarded by drone .50 cals and armed Predators.

50 feet higher than Freedom Baby! 50 feet deeper than hope!

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 06, 2018, 09:56:20 PM
A wall you say?

One of the first acts Obama did upon leaving office was build a wall on his, well rental, property. I've been to the country from which you fled and noticed there are hedgerows, fences, and even walls- some famous. But, as I mentioned, mines and sanctions are a better way to curb illegals. And a real reform of immigration law, that takes the country and citizens first in priorities. At least a pre-65 law but, ideally, older version.