• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 24, 2017, 08:06:02 PM
You can have the highest IQ on the planet but if you don't have drive, you're no better than the schmuck next door.

Of course, you realize that someone could have a very high IQ and lots of drive and still be a total psychopath.  ;)

Quote from: TigerLily on March 24, 2017, 05:35:23 PM
Exactly. For 8 years their job 1 was obstruction. For some reason voters hated the do-nothing Congress when that was Republicans stopping everything Obama tried to accomplish from job stimulus to keeping Wall Street and banks honest and items they were for before they were against.

Now they have to govern instead of just saying no. May be a tough transition for them

McConnell: "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

The Victory of ‘No’
The GOP’s unprecedented anti-Obama obstructionism was a remarkable success. And then it handed the party to Donald Trump.
By MICHAEL GRUNWALD December 04, 2016

It was a bad bill.  The Conservatives blocked it, and good for them.

By the way, if anyone on the Democrat side wants to lecture the Rs on healthcare insurance - or anything else, for that matter - before they even get started on that, I want to hear their explanation for why ObamaCare failed so miserably, and right from the start, on what we were so solemnly promised, over and over: 

''If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor;  if you like your current healthcare insurance you can keep it;  the average cost of healthcare insurance for every American family will decrease by 25%''

Because if they can't explain that, why would we listen to them now.

Dr. MD MD

It was interesting (and sickening) to watch Pelosi gloat today and accuse Trump of committing a "rookie mistake." It really seems much more calculated to me. He'll just let Obamacare wither on the vine and let all the Trump haters take the blame. None of the stink of it will stick to him.  ;)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 24, 2017, 08:14:57 PM
Of course, you realize that someone could have a very high IQ and lots of drive and still be a total psychopath.  ;)

True dat!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 24, 2017, 09:06:42 PM
It was interesting (and sickening) to watch Pelosi gloat today and accuse Trump of committing a "rookie mistake." It really seems much more calculated to me. He'll just let Obamacare wither on the vine and let all the Trump haters take the blame. None of the stink of it will stick to him.  ;)

I think he got bad advice from his rookie staff, and doesn't quite realize yet how feckless and incompetent the Rs on the Hill are, or how much they despise him.  As a ''pragmatist''/''deal maker'', not having political principles to fall back on is going to be an ongoing impediment to success.  A thin skin, the constant need to ''get even'' on twitter, making enemies needlessly, not having the temperament for the job - these flaws are going to be insurmountable unless he recognizes them and makes adjustments.  At his age, with his ego, don't count on it.

He needs to get this figured out immediately, or become irrelevant for the next four years.  He just isn't the right person, period, never was, and for me it appears he will do more harm than good going forward for the causes he campaigned on.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 24, 2017, 09:37:22 PM
I think he got bad advice from his rookie staff, and doesn't quite realize yet how incompetent the Rs on the Hill are or how much they despise him.  As a pragmatist/deal maker, not having political principles to fall back on is going to be an ongoing impediment to success.  A thin skin, need to ''get even'' on twitter, making enemies needlessly, not having the temperament for the job - these flaws are going to be insurmountable unless he recognizes them and makes adjustments.

He needs to get this figured out immediately, or become irrelevant for the next four years.  He just isn't the right person, period, and will do more harm than good for the causes he campaigned on going forward.

I couldn't disagree more. Time and time again I've watched pundits count him out, only for him to once again rise from the supposed ashes the mainstream media and corrupt establishment politicians keep describing. Which is why I think this is much more of a calculated move on his part that will hurt his enemies more than it ever does himself. Why are you so eager to return to a status quo that's been exposed as totally corrupt though?! That, to me, is baffling.  ???

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 24, 2017, 09:44:11 PM
I couldn't disagree more. Time and time again I've watched pundits count him out, only for him to once again rise from the supposed ashes the mainstream media and corrupt establishment politicians keep describing. Which it why I think this is much more of a calculated move on his part that will hurt his enemies more than it ever does himself. Why are you so eager to return to a status quo that's been exposed as totally corrupt though?! That, to me, is baffling.  ???

I'm not eager to return to the status quo.  The only way we get this country back on track is by implementing Conservative principles.  That Trump isn't a Conservative makes that a bit problematic, although he certainly campaigned on them.

I was thrilled that he beat Hilary Clinton.  I had high hopes when he appointed a good number of Conservatives to his cabinet.  Unfortunately, he apparently isn't listening to them.

I keep hearing about how all these moves are calculated to drown his enemies, yet nothing positive is happening.  He's being tripped up from every side - some of it is his own doing, like accusing Obama of spying on him (whether true or not, its a pointless distraction) - and can't figure out how to ignore the junk and move his agenda forward.  He has no idea what he's doing, and isn't listening to those who do.

As far as him rising from the ashes, he has.  There is no guarantee that is going to continue though.  The forces arrayed against him at this level are a lot harder to beat than a bunch of lousy primary opponents, and a horrible candidate like Hilary. 

Federal law states the president can by proclamation ''suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem appropriate''.

He's the Chief Executive and Commander-in-Chief.  This is his job, not the job of some judge who may or may not have all the facts, and certainly doesn't have the law on his side.  The US Constitution does not give courts the final say on everything, far from it - its baloney, although somehow that's the point we've come to.

He ought to demand time on network TV, speak directly to the American people, thank these phony judges for their efforts, then state their decisions will be tabled (not appealed, just ignored) - as they have overstepped their authority in these matters - and impose his Executive Order.  Simply tell those processing visas, customs agents, and anyone else, their jobs are on the line and they are to comply.  Then go after the ''sanctuary cities''.

If the Ds and the Fake News Media want something to bitch about, give it to them.  But make it something the American people will support him on.  It's time for him to step up and go on offence, or this administration will be buried.

the_Stranger

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 24, 2017, 09:56:03 PM
I'm not eager to return to the status quo.  The only way we get this country back on track is by implementing Conservative principles.  That Trump isn't a Conservative makes that a bit problematic, although he certainly campaigned on them.
A couple questions for you.
#1 Where do you want the country to go on this "track" you mention?
#2 What are the "conservative principles" you want implemented?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Catsmile on March 24, 2017, 07:16:09 PM
High IQ test scores showing a large measure of success for a society, culture, race, or individual is flawed. Even highly educated professors who possess these vaunted high IQ test scores have a hard time quantifying exactly what intelligence is, much less how to test for it in a meaningful way. High, average, or low IQ test scores don't always correlate into real world success or failure of an individual; much less society as a whole. At best IQ testing can give a limited insight into an individuals potential, but a high IQ alone doesn't guarantee an individuals success in the world; much less the success of a society, culture, or race as a whole. Causation and correlation hinge upon a multitude of factors, some of which may not be obvious from a cursory glance.

Guns Germs And Steel was a good book by Jared Diamond, which was adapted into 3 part documentary. His quest seeks out possible explanations into how winners of the vagina lottery born in the West, rose to dominate the world and decree themselves the apex of civilization; as other cultures languish. He offers a compelling even handed in-depth explanation, that holds up well against the other competing theories on the subject.

No doubt that the success of an individual in our society is not entirely dependent on IQ.  However, since Binet developed the concept and means for determining IQ 100 years ago it has proven to be a reliable predictor of an individual's potential for achieving success.

There have been many theories as to why races have different physical characteristics, abilities and traits and why some have progressed and others have not.  Most convincing to me is discoveries brought about by the mapping of the genome and subsequent worldwide sampling of DNA which has proven that certain gene mutations occurred in some races and not in others and that this likely accounts for differing levels of intelligence

If you take a look at some recent scholarly literature on the subject you will find that there is a proven correlation between average IQ and the health and prosperity of a people or nation.  There are multiple studies conducted my credentialed professionals and academics in disciplines, such as genetics, paleontology, psychology, economics, sociology and statistics that confirm this. You will also find that the flaws in IQ measurement you elude to have been addressed by improvements in testing methodology and analysis.   I have posted information on several of these studies.

You don't have to rely on the analysis of others if you are not persuaded. For instance, can you tell me what contributions to the advancement of mankind has come out of sub-Sharan Africa?  Can you name one city that could be considered as such present in this region prior to the Europeans arriving.  There was no writing and no system of numbers.   There were no words in the various dialects to describe numbers beyond one, two and many.  How is South Africa doing since the beginning of black rule and whites leaving the country in large numbers. How about Zimbabwe. The average IQ among blacks in this region is 70.  Northern Africans/Arabs have an average IQ of 85. 

Historically, the vast majority of immigrants to the U.S have been from Europe and north Asia and not from Africa, the Middle East or South Asia. (The Chinese and other north Asian peoples have a slightly higher average IQ than North American and European caucazoids, e.g 100 vs.103) I am pointing this out not to denegrate any particular race but simply to say that we should be cautious about bringing into our country large numbers of people who do not possess the intelligence to compete successfully and contribute positively in our country and/or who are unlikely to adapt to our culture.

=Schlyder=

Quote from: the_Stranger on March 24, 2017, 10:14:43 PM
A couple questions for you.
#1 Where do you want the country to go on this "track" you mention?
#2 What are the "conservative principles" you want implemented?

Smaller government, less taxation overall, control our borders, America first when it comes to dealing with foreign trade and security, end the ''crony capitalism'' self dealing and consumer rip-off deals between Wall St and DC, get our healthcare insurance back to a system based on capitalism, outlaw labor unions for government employee, give control of our schools back to the parents and teachers, keep and add smart regulations and get rid of needless regulations strangling businesses, cut or end the taxes that are most damaging to job creation (hiring employees) and business expansion.

I've probably left a lot out, but that's a good start.  I'd also like to remove the judges that impose their agenda in place of the law, and figure out a way to take our cities back from the ''Progressives'' that are running them, but I'm not sure what the mechanism for that would be.

the_Stranger

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 24, 2017, 10:24:26 PM
Smaller government, less taxation overall, control our borders, America first when it comes to dealing with foreign trade and security, end the ''crony capitalism'' self dealing and consumer rip-off deals between Wall St and DC, get our healthcare insurance back to a system based on capitalism, outlaw labor unions for government employee, give control of our schools back to the parents and teachers, keep and add smart regulations and get rid of needless regulations strangling businesses, cut or end the taxes that are most damaging to job creation (hiring employees) and business expansion.

I've probably left a lot out, but that's a good start.  I'd also like to remove the judges that impose their agenda in place of the law, and figure out a way to take our cities back from the ''Progressives'' that are running them, but I'm not sure what the mechanism for that would be.
Thanks for the reply.
I share some of the same sentiments, but not all.
Which judges agendas are you speaking of?
Couldn't you take the cities back from the progressives at the ballot box using traditional tactics of voter suppression?
I would like to see money taken out of politics and to have all laws and regulations put into place that is beneficial for everyone and not just a certain few.

I'm not eager to return to the status quo.  The only way we get this country back on track is by implementing Conservative principles.   to bring back our manufacturing base.
;)   FIFY

Jackstar

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 24, 2017, 04:03:29 PM
continued mission to throw the poor and elderly off the cliff

Search your feelings.
You know this is true.

Up All Night

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 24, 2017, 11:12:26 AM
Why does Adam Schiff always look like he just got caught lying about the size of his dick? Asking for a friend.  ;)

He looks like he's been told that an intern did *not* dry clean her dress!  :D

Quote from: the_Stranger on March 24, 2017, 10:33:35 PM
... Which judges agendas are you speaking of?...

The ones who make decisions based on their own desired outcomes instead of following the law and the Constitution.  Anyone referring to the Constitution as ''a living document'' should be disqualified.  Anyone talking about ''understanding foreign laws'' regarding US court rulings should be disqualified.

Which justices?  The one in Seattle who ruled against Trump's Executive Order, and those on the Ninth Circuit who upheld her.  The one in Hawaii who did the same thing with the revised EO. 

May as well start at the top for the others.  Bader-Ginsburg, Sotomayor, Kagan, Kennedy, Breyer, Roberts - for his disgusting vote and commentary upholding ObamaCare.

... Couldn't you take the cities back from the progressives at the ballot box using traditional tactics of voter suppression?...

Of course not.  Offering a track record of quality education and opportunity (first those would have to be demonstrated elsewhere), recruiting people in the community folks trust to run for office, persuading businesses to invest/expand there by offering low tax rate special economic zones if they hire locals, etc

... I would like to see money taken out of politics and to have all laws and regulations put into place that is beneficial for everyone and not just a certain few.

I used to be against public campaign funding and term limits.  Not any more.

Up All Night

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 24, 2017, 02:09:38 PM
We've needed an intelligent bill on healthcare insurance going back at least 20 years.

Still, we got the defeat of Hilary Clinton in the bargain - and if that's all we get, I'll still take it.

I'd call that a bargain.... The Best I ever Had !!!!  :)

Up All Night

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 24, 2017, 02:16:10 PM
It was a bad bill.  You would have thought the Republicans on the Hill would have worked hard the last 7 years to craft a suitable plan instead of offering an Obamacare lite bill.   Better luck next time.

Now... they can work on it in earnest, in the backrooms, to get the acceptable bill.

Good Affordable (Fir the Govt. and for the People) Healthcare is quite the complicated souffle to pull off in the US system...

Dr. MD MD

I was thrilled that he beat Hilary Clinton.  I had high hopes when he appointed a good number of Conservatives to his cabinet.  Unfortunately, he apparently isn't listening to them.

I keep hearing about how all these moves are calculated to drown his enemies, yet nothing positive is happening.  He's being tripped up from every side - some of it is his own doing, like accusing Obama of spying on him (whether true or not, its a pointless distraction) - and can't figure out how to ignore the junk and move his agenda forward.  He has no idea what he's doing, and isn't listening to those who do.

As far as him rising from the ashes, he has.  There is no guarantee that is going to continue though.  The forces arrayed against him at this level are a lot harder to beat than a bunch of lousy primary opponents, and a horrible candidate like Hilary.

Well, so far, the only defeat he's had is this bill. Big deal! He didn't want to start with it anyway. He wanted to do tax reform first but Ryan talked him into going this way. I'm convinced that, in the end, it's only Ryan, the corrupt Rs like McCain et al that will look bad. Other than this I couldn't be happier with his presidency so far. I guess I still don't see who you think would be replacing him? If Pence was made president that would pretty much be the same as the Republican status quo and back to square one. No thanks! Trump represents a fundamental change in direction and one I'm not willing to go back on. I'm sure a lot of others feel similarly and I think what you're suggesting would just cause a lot of strife for this country, if not outright civil war.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Up All Night on March 24, 2017, 10:58:00 PM
Now... they can work on it in earnest, behind the scenes, to get an acceptable bill.

Good Affordable (Fir the Govt. and for the People) Healthcare is quite the complicated souffle to pull off in the US system...

I don't think we can get there from here.  As much as I hate the idea of socialized medicine, Obama Care has conditioned Americans to the idea and many now see universal health care as a civil right. The ACA was fatally flawed from the jump and I truly believe that those who promoted it saw it as nothing more than an intermediate step towards a single payer plan funded by taxpayers. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 24, 2017, 11:20:10 PM
I truly believe that those who promoted it saw it as nothing more than an intermediate step towards a single payer plan funded by taxpayers.

Greetings, Starfighter. I see you've made it through the obstacle course. Care for a crumpet? It's tea-time.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Jack Stark on March 24, 2017, 11:23:36 PM

Greetings, Starfighter. I see you've made it through the obstacle course. Care for a crumpet? It's tea-time.

Fuck tea and crumpets.  I'll have a Gibson straight up.

Up All Night

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 24, 2017, 09:44:11 PM
I couldn't disagree more. Time and time again I've watched pundits count him out, only for him to once again rise from the supposed ashes the mainstream media and corrupt establishment politicians keep describing. Which is why I think this is much more of a calculated move on his part that will hurt his enemies more than it ever does himself. Why are you so eager to return to a status quo that's been exposed as totally corrupt though?! That, to me, is baffling.  ???

Everyone wants it all done in the honeymoon - first 100 days... Well there is no Fucking Honeymoon!! Things will happen when they happen. So, I also find it baffling the attitude some are taking. Trump is not about over. Ryan is fine, and he'll be back to work Monday, or whatever day the House begins it's workweek. This is a Marathon, Trump knows it, and everyone else thinks it's a 100 yard dash...  :D

Get Over It Y'all !!

Up All Night

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 24, 2017, 11:32:30 PM
Fuck tea and crumpets.  I'll have a Gibson straight up.

I'll have a '59.  ;D

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Up All Night on March 24, 2017, 11:33:31 PM
Everyone wants it all done in the honeymoon - first 100 days... Well there is no Fucking Honeymoon!! Things will happen when they happen. So, I also find it baffling the attitude some are taking. Trump is not about over. Ryan is fine, and he'll be back to work Monday, or whatever day the House begins it's workweek. This is a Marathon, Trump knows it, and everyone else thinks it's a 100 yard dash...  :D

Get Over It Y'all !!

I haven't given up on Trump.  I just think it's going to be damn near impossible to put the tooth paste back in the tube when it comes to healthcare. Once enacted entitlements never really go away.  It will take a seismic shift in all areas of healthcare and in the health insurance industry in order for any free market based plan to work and I just don't see the impetus for that to happen.

TigerLily

Quote from: Jack Stark on March 24, 2017, 11:23:36 PM

Peppermint

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 24, 2017, 11:06:05 PM
Well, so far, the only defeat he's had is this bill. Big deal! He didn't want to start with it anyway. He wanted to do tax reform first but Ryan talked him into going this way. I'm convinced that, in the end, it's only Ryan, the corrupt Rs like McCain et al that will look bad. Other than this I couldn't be happier with his presidency so far. I guess I still don't see who you think would be replacing him?...

He doesn't have to be defeated, only kept from enacting the issues he campaigned on.  So far everyone involved - Big Media, the phony judges, the Ds, the Rinos, Trump himself - have done a pretty good job of bottling it all up.

I'd like to see him be successful too, and start enacting his agenda.  So far, from the outside, it seems bogged down.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 24, 2017, 11:06:05 PM
... If Pence was made president that would pretty much be the same as the Republican status quo and back to square one. No thanks! Trump represents a fundamental change in direction and one I'm not willing to go back on. I'm sure a lot of others feel similarly and I think what you're suggesting would just cause a lot of strife for this country, if not outright civil war.

The Rinos have long since captured the Party and turned it to mush.  This has been a problem since Gingrich resigned, if not since the first Bush regime.  There are still some Rs in Congress who aren't the ''the status quo''.  Today you saw them stand up and vote 'No' on RyanCare, despite a full court press by Trump and the Rinos.  They were right and Trump was wrong.

I don't know much about Pence, but apparently he's at least somewhat of a Conservative.  Which means he isn't ''the status quo'' either.  The ''fundamental change in direction'' needs to go in the right direction.  We got a fundamental change in direction with Obama, and it was a disaster.

Based on what we've seen since The Great Divider won in 2008, there is going to be strife no matter who is president.  More so if a Republican holds the office - for the Fake Media and the Ds its going to be Party First regardless, and their game plan IS strife and divisiveness.  We just have to accept that and fight back.

I don't think civil war is even a remote concern.