• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 17, 2017, 06:12:15 PM

Dated 2014...When Obamacare was in place. If it was that partisan it would have lifted the USA further up than last, no?
Only if you assume that Obamacare was intended to work. But I'm glad to see "Big Oil" getting love by the Left who normally hate and vilify it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on March 17, 2017, 06:55:55 PM
Only if you assume that Obamacare was intended to work. But I'm glad to see "Big Oil" getting love by the Left who normally hate and vilify it.

If as you say the figures are 'fake'; why wouldn't they make up the figures to make ACA look better than it was? Say put USA in 4th or 5th out of 11, instead of 11?

NewStar

Quote from: NewStar on March 17, 2017, 05:24:38 PM
According to the Guardian, the code words used to announce the passing of Queen Elizabeth II will be “London Bridge is down.”

Yorkshire Pud will lose his QUEEN'S GROOM OF THE STOOL position.
But he can continue his trade by wiping grooming with his bare hands SredniVashtar's stool.

Change implemented.
New code words: "Reptile down! Reptile down!"

NewStar

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 17, 2017, 07:03:39 PM
If as you say the figures are 'fake'; why wouldn't they make up the figures to make ACA look better than it was? Say put USA in 4th or 5th out of 11, instead of 11?

Child poverty has soared by 400,000 since Tories came to power.
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/social-affairs/welfare/news/84294/child-poverty-has-soared-400000-tories-came-power

According to the Office for National Statistics there were 2.7 million kids living in relative low income in 2016/17 -
up 200,000 since 2014/15 and 400,000 since 2010/11.
Meanwhile the number of pensioners living in poverty was 2.1 million in 2015/16 - up 100,000 since 2010/11.

NewStar

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 17, 2017, 05:44:07 PM

Because you say so?

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/press-releases/2014/jun/us-health-system-ranks-last

US Health System Ranks Last Among Eleven Countries on Measures of Access, Equity, Quality, Efficiency, and Healthy Lives

A generation of UK children will suffer in poverty. Suddenly that’s normal.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/10/uk-children-suffer-child-poverty-crisis

We are witnessing a scale of child poverty that the word crisis doesn’t seem to do justice to.
Anyone who works with children â€" teachers, social workers, nurses â€" has seen this firsthand.
As a journalist, I’ve spoken to mums struggling to buy food â€" living off toast themselves or learning to make cheap dough
that fills the stomach â€" and a dad contemplating suicide because the bedroom tax means an eviction notice might come.
Families who have a home but not a kitchen table or fridge and parents with a 10-month-old baby who has to sleep on a sheet on the floor
because the B&B has no space for a cot.

“All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television. I didn’t make an opinion on it. That was a statement made by a very talented lawyer on Fox. So you shouldn’t be talking to me, you should be talking to Fox.”

It must be true if Judge Napolitano, who's very talented and clearly not one of those fake news phony judges, said it. Case closed.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 17, 2017, 08:42:10 PM
“All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television. I didn’t make an opinion on it. That was a statement made by a very talented lawyer on Fox. So you shouldn’t be talking to me, you should be talking to Fox.”

It must be true if Judge Napolitano, who's very talented and clearly not one of those fake news phony judges, said it. Case closed.

Spoken like someone who's never heard him speak. Go back to sleep, gramps!  ::) ;D

albrecht

Quote from: NewStar on March 17, 2017, 07:31:11 PM
Families who have a home but not a kitchen table or fridge and parents with a 10-month-old baby who has to sleep on a sheet on the floor because the B&B has no space for a cot.
How many of these people are immigrants, "refugees," or gypsies? Also, a drawer from a chest of drawers with some bedding can make a nice cradle and, unlike the floor, no getting stepped on or dangerous blankets. No, don't shut the baby in! But remove and use on the floor. Though I'm sure authorities would frown upon itl- babies aren't even allowed to have blankets these days so put them in one of those onesies and let him sleep on his back in the drawer. But don't tell anyone.

NewStar

Quote from: albrecht on March 17, 2017, 09:13:37 PM
How many of these people are immigrants, "refugees," or gypsies? Also, a drawer from a chest of drawers with some bedding can make a nice cradle and, unlike the floor, no getting stepped on or dangerous blankets. No, don't shut the baby in! But remove and use on the floor. Though I'm sure authorities would frown upon itl- babies aren't even allowed to have blankets these days so put them in one of those onesies and let him sleep on his back in the drawer. But don't tell anyone.

Yorkshire Pud and his pedo friends don't discriminate were the babies come from.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 17, 2017, 05:44:07 PM

Because you say so?

I'm incapable of understanding that sweeping generalities applied to the entire US do not represent the situations of most Americans.  To show I'm still stuck on proving a socialized healthcare system would be far better for your country because I say so, I'm doubling down and showing you the source of the generalized misleading statistics I post.  Please do not respond with nuance or critical thinking, or I'll post twelve more suspicions about Trump planted by the obstructionist Democrats and their accomplices in the media.

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/press-releases/2014/jun/us-health-system-ranks-last

US Health System Ranks Last Among Eleven Countries on Measures of Access, Equity, Quality, Efficiency, and Healthy Lives. 

So there!

Well ok Pud.  People are going to believe what they like.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 17, 2017, 06:04:53 PM
While there isn't enough time in a day to read all your posts and still be able to go grocery shopping and take care of the myriad mundane household tasks that require attention, I don't recall you ever mentioning where you get your news and other vital information. Did I miss something?  Asking for a friend who is sick and tired of fake news, phony judges, ersatz opinion polls, and the Radical Left's relentless glorification of Pol Pot's methods of governance.

I mostly post my opinions on various topics of interest to me.  Media bias and advocacy for Big Government, Far Left and ''Progressive'' tactics, goals, and the destruction they've caused;  anything related to economics, the US Constitution, and foreign policy. 

Mostly they are responses to other posts.  You don't have to read them.

I'm not all that interested in the day to day back and forth that goes on in DC, unless there is something truly alarming.  Or a major bill is finalized or passed, a key court case comes up or is ruled on, major issues involving topics I'm interested in.  The rest is a waste of time on things soon forgotten.

For example I'm not going to pay too much attention to the daily details of the repeal and replacement of PelosiCare until it clears the House, and then again when it passes the Senate, when it comes out of reconciliation, and when it's sent to the president. 

I could care less about all the trumped up Trump accusations, other than the damage caused by the obstructionism and de facto attacks on our Constitutional system.  If there is ever any evidence of corruption found, I'm sure I'll hear about it at the time.  It's sort of pathetic that people here follow and agree with the daily details of the shit-flinging by the hysterical Left, who are angry they lost, and who apparently believe it's their right to attempt to render a president ineffective across the board.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 17, 2017, 07:03:39 PM

Same answer as the other 16 times you've asked it.  They want to convince people the only solution is a Euro-style, government run, national healthcare system.  Although they don't dare come right out and say so.  It wouldn't be the Left without a dishonest misleading label - they now innocuously term it ''single-payer'', with each person hopefully reading into that what they will (the way they did with Obama's ''hope and change'' sloganeering).

They knew they couldn't pass that in 2010, so PelosiCare was created, but meant to fail.  Since Obama showed promise as a ''Progressive'' Marxist before being elected, but turned out to be weak and someone who would rather undermine our country behind the scenes instead of overtly, some on the Left tried to push him a little.  The motivation for not showing PelosiCare as being a bit more successful than it actually was.

I hope that was helpful this time around, although I fear it wasn't, and you'll be back with the same old stuff shortly.

Here are what some little Moslem assholes from Syria are up to in Australia (sorry for the redundancy, but some still don't quite get it).

https://heatst.com/life/australian-teacher-quits-after-islamic-students-threaten-to-behead-her/

This being Australia, these families were actually put through a vetting process, unlike refugees accepted here under Obama.  So ok, they don't have ties to terrorists, but they are still Moslem, and taught to hate everyone else.  Did they learn this shit at home, or at the local Mosque?  Both?

These kids, their families, their extended families, and anyone from their village or neighborhood who immigrated with them should be loaded onto the next boat back to Syria, and dumped off as rejects unfit for the West.  If they end up killed in the war's crossfire, so much the better.  They aren't our friends, and will never be good citizens here.

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 17, 2017, 10:23:13 PM
I mostly post my opinions on various topics of interest to me.  Media bias and advocacy for Big Government, Far Left and ''Progressive'' tactics, goals, and the destruction they've caused;  anything related to economics, the US Constitution, and foreign policy. 

Mostly they are responses to other posts.  You don't have to read them.

I'm not all that interested in the day to day back and forth that goes on in DC, unless there is something truly alarming.  Or a major bill is finalized or passed, a key court case comes up or is ruled on, major issues involving topics I'm interested in.  The rest is a waste of time on things soon forgotten.

For example I'm not going to pay too much attention to the daily details of the repeal and replacement of PelosiCare until it clears the House, and then again when it passes the Senate, when it comes out of reconciliation, and when it's sent to the president. 

I could care less about all the trumped up Trump accusations, other than the damage caused by the obstructionism and de facto attacks on our Constitutional system.  If there is ever any evidence of corruption found, I'm sure I'll hear about it at the time.  It's sort of pathetic that people here follow and agree with the daily details of the shit-flinging by the hysterical Left, who are angry they lost, and who apparently believe it's their right to attempt to render a president ineffective across the board.

In other words, your preferred news sources are the voices inside your head that reaffirm your preconceptions. No further explanations are necessary.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 17, 2017, 11:04:10 PM
In other words, your preferred news sources are the voices inside your head that reaffirm your preconceptions. No further explanations are necessary.

Back in the old days people used to listen to the voices in their head all the time. They called it reason...but you keep tuning into the official messages your masters want you to hear. What could go wrong?!

Taaroa

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 17, 2017, 10:57:05 PM
This being Australia, these families were actually put through a vetting process
Doubtful. They've been accepting middle eastern immigrants for decades where scrutiny wasn't as great. The current immigration minister recently outright criticised a govt in the 70s and their migration policies for causing current issues.

QuoteMr Dutton last week stated that former prime minister Malcolm Fraser "did make mistakes in bringing some people in" as part of his immigration policies in the 1970s. When pressed on those comments during Question Time on Monday, Mr Dutton singled out people of Lebanese-Muslim background.

"The advice I have is that out of the last 33 people who have been charged with terrorist-related offences in this country, 22 of those people are from second and third generation Lebanese-Muslim background," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-21/peter-dutton-fraser-made-mistake-resettling-lebanese-refugees/8043624

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 17, 2017, 11:04:10 PM

In other words, I realize ''Progressivism'' serves as a religion for a lot of folks.  For them, people observing the world around them and thinking for themselves is now ''listening to voices inside their heads''.  I've given up trying to point people away from the Left's destructiveness.  The goal is to defeat them, and remove them from positions of power and influence in our society.   

Ok, so the posts you want to see are those from people finding articles and posting them.  With a strong preference for Big Media outlets that advocate an ever expanding government.  Fine with me, everyone gets to decide what they post.  I can find articles I want to read myself though - I'd personally rather hear what people think.

If you want people who are looking to ''reaffirm their own preconceptions'', look no further than those insisting the only source of ''real'' news are the outlets with fake news, fake statistics, and pretend journalists who are in reality advocates for the Left.

Quote from: Taaroa on March 18, 2017, 01:02:26 AM
Doubtful. They've been accepting middle eastern immigrants for decades where scrutiny wasn't as great. The current immigration minister recently outright criticised a govt in the 70s and their migration policies for causing current issues.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-21/peter-dutton-fraser-made-mistake-resettling-lebanese-refugees/8043624

And here we are doing the same thing all over again. 

I do not see any value or benefit in bringing any of these people here - just the opposite.

Taaroa

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 18, 2017, 01:40:16 AM
And here we are doing the same thing all over again. 
I do not see any value or benefit in bringing any of these people here - just the opposite.

I think at the moment in Australia there is a creeping swing towards people want better controlled immigration in general. The illegal immigrants coming by boat/refugees thing has been a core issue for probably 20years or so, and it probably wouldn't be out of place to say that most Australians support the current measures that are in place with dealing with it. Illegal arrivals by plane is a much bigger number than by boat, but it has never received much attention at all.
Probably one thing not reported much outside the country is a spike in gang crimes and car jackings in Melbourne, seemingly entirely done by a group of migrants or the children of migrants (some are sudanese and somali refugees) but the state and federal governments have barely reacted (stripping a couple of their visas).

Lately there has been growth in anti immigration parties and their sizes, while there are more calls by politicians and people in the media for a reduced immigration rate so that the already sprawling cities and limited resources (eg water) can better cope. Their arguments are certainly being helped by the fact that a lot of mainland Chinese are parking their money in property making already expensive cities completely unaffordable for locals.

Meister_000

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 17, 2017, 11:08:25 PM
Back in the old days people used to listen to the voices in their head all the time. They called it reason...but you keep tuning into the official messages your masters want you to hear. What could go wrong?!

"Trump supporter" and "Reason" is *OXYMORONIC â€" just BTW!

*Oxymoronic: Self Contradictory, Non Sequitur, Nonsensical, Ludicrous, Absurd, Ridiculous, Phantasmical, Preposterous, Irrational, Non Computable, Non Attributable, Incomprehensible, Unintelligible, Fatuous, Farcical, Falsity, Fictional, Unreal, Invalid, Not Credible, Errorful, Unmeritable, UNreasonable!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 18, 2017, 06:24:26 AM
"Trump supporter" and "Reason" is *OXYMORONIC â€" just BTW!

*Oxymoronic: Self Contradictory, Non Sequitur, Nonsensical, Ludicrous, Absurd, Ridiculous, Phantasmical, Preposterous, Irrational, Non Computable, Non Attributable, Incomprehensible, Unintelligible, Fatuous, Farcical, Falsity, Fictional, Unreal, Invalid, Not Credible, Errorful, Unmeritable, UNreasonable!

That defines every one of your posts then. Your appeals are never to reason but always to sentimentality and emotional manipulation. You think you can shame people into agreeing with you but that tired old Democratic trick isn't working for you anymore. Too many people woke up to the con job so now you double down on spreading totally alarmist bullshit and that's just making you look like an even bigger douchbag with all the credibility of a used car salesman. STOP TALKING TO PEOPLE LIKE WE'RE ALL 5 YEAR OLDS, YOU FUCKING MORON! NO ONE NEEDS TO READ YOUR WALL OF TEXT EMOTIONAL SCREEDS! GET A GRIP!  ::) :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: NewStar on March 17, 2017, 07:22:19 PM
Child poverty has soared by 400,000 since Tories came to power.
https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/social-affairs/welfare/news/84294/child-poverty-has-soared-400000-tories-came-power

According to the Office for National Statistics there were 2.7 million kids living in relative low income in 2016/17 -
up 200,000 since 2014/15 and 400,000 since 2010/11.
Meanwhile the number of pensioners living in poverty was 2.1 million in 2015/16 - up 100,000 since 2010/11.

Yep. That's what having a conservative government does.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: NewStar on March 17, 2017, 07:31:11 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/10/uk-children-suffer-child-poverty-crisis

We are witnessing a scale of child poverty that the word crisis doesn’t seem to do justice to.
Anyone who works with children â€" teachers, social workers, nurses â€" has seen this firsthand.
As a journalist, I’ve spoken to mums struggling to buy food â€" living off toast themselves or learning to make cheap dough
that fills the stomach â€" and a dad contemplating suicide because the bedroom tax means an eviction notice might come.
Families who have a home but not a kitchen table or fridge and parents with a 10-month-old baby who has to sleep on a sheet on the floor
because the B&B has no space for a cot.

Yep, That's what a conservative government does for us. I lived through it after Thatcher came to power in 79. You?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 17, 2017, 10:39:14 PM
Same answer as the other 16 times you've asked it.  They want to convince people the only solution is a Euro-style, government run, national healthcare system.  Although they don't dare come right out and say so.  It wouldn't be the Left without a dishonest misleading label - they now innocuously term it ''single-payer'', with each person hopefully reading into that what they will (the way they did with Obama's ''hope and change'' sloganeering).

They knew they couldn't pass that in 2010, so PelosiCare was created, but meant to fail.  Since Obama showed promise as a ''Progressive'' Marxist before being elected, but turned out to be weak and someone who would rather undermine our country behind the scenes instead of overtly, some on the Left tried to push him a little.  The motivation for not showing PelosiCare as being a bit more successful than it actually was.

I hope that was helpful this time around, although I fear it wasn't, and you'll be back with the same old stuff shortly.

Hey, stay at number eleven, and pay more than three times on meds as any other developed country. As long as insurance companies decide who lives and dies or just has affordable healthcare, you'll still have a third world health service. You can call that civilised if you want.

Taaroa

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 18, 2017, 08:18:23 AM
Hey, stay at number elven, and pay more than three times on meds as any other developed country. As long as insurance companies decide who lives and dies or just has affordable healthcare, you'll still have a third world health service. You can call that civilised if you want.
Elven healthcare must be pretty good what with their long lives and youthful looks.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 18, 2017, 07:52:43 AM
That defines every one of your posts then. Your appeals are never to reason but always to sentimentality and emotional manipulation. You think you can shame people into agreeing with you but that tired old Democratic trick isn't working for you anymore. Too many people woke up to the con job so now you double down on spreading totally alarmist bullshit and that's just making you look like an even bigger douchbag with all the credibility of a used car salesman. STOP TALKING TO PEOPLE LIKE WE'RE ALL 5 YEAR OLDS, YOU FUCKING MORON! NO ONE NEEDS TO READ YOUR WALL OF TEXT EMOTIONAL SCREEDS! GET A GRIP!  ::) :D

Its the only way Trump functions on an emotional level, why wouldn't his supporters?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Taaroa on March 18, 2017, 08:20:52 AM
Elven healthcare must be pretty good what with their long lives and youthful looks.

;D. Weight loss regime.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 18, 2017, 08:21:20 AM
Its the only way Trump functions on an emotional level, why wouldn't his supporters?

Sure! Double down on a losing strategy! It's not like there are enough people who hate you enough yet. Keep going!  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 18, 2017, 08:27:45 AM
Sure! Double down on a losing strategy. It's not like there are enough people who hate you enough yet. Keep going!  ;D

He he. Its gratifying that people expend the emotional energy to hate me. I'm giddy with the attention.  ;D