• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 01, 2017, 01:43:44 PM
Richard Wagner - about as notorious an anti-semite as there ever was - chose a Jewish conductor to conduct the premiere of Parsifal at Bayreuth. Personal connections like that mean nothing because racists see things in broad brush strokes not at an intimate level.

I would say that there is more than a bit of difference between a conductor one chooses to conduct a symphony and family members.  Plus he clearly thinks highly of his son-in-law and a racist would never do that.  To say otherwise would be grasping at straws.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 01, 2017, 02:16:16 PM
Of course Reagan spoke out against that stuff.  However, he did it in a way that made the other side look like idiots. He never spoke out in anger but presented the facts. The sort of stuff Trump has done on Twitter had all the manner of a petulant child.  I voted for the guy, love the policies he puts forward and I'm hopeful for his Presidency but the sniping he engages in on Twitter is beneath the dignity of the office.  I hope that is in the past.

So, now he's the bad guy for counter-punching at the literal deluge of shit the mainstream media has been throwing at him every single day?! How about the dignity of the press?! Please, stop trying to act like a nice guy so much. It's 100% bullshit. I've gotten to know your politics better than that over the last year.  ;D

P.S. Never stop Tweeting, Mr. President!  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: lucifer bell on March 01, 2017, 02:25:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFtcLJVN8yg

Yeah, we elected a president, not a saint or messiah. We already tried that with Obama and it didn't work out so well for most people. ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on March 01, 2017, 12:49:24 PM
Thanks, IO. Time will tell if this is really the New Donald Trump. Or is it Inauguration Speech Trump? Or Twitter Trump?

And I still have lots of concerns but let's start with where is the money coming from for the Wall? The yuuge Military build-up? The better Healthcare for everyone? The yuuge tax breaks for the middle class? And the travel expenses for him and his family?
Oh, I think, deep down, it's still the same Donald. ;)  He's always going to be a little "rough around the edges," but it's just The Donald being The Donald.

Maybe Melania's been counseling him enough to be "more Presidential."  I wouldn't want to seem him get too polished, though.  I always appreciate somebody's authenticity, whether I agree with them or not.  Even The Pud. ;)

$ for the Wall?  Actually, it's chump change, compared to most things the Fed's spend money on.  It's not anything like a a full-blown Manhattan or Apollo Program. 

Enabled private competition and portability is key to improved Health Care Insurance.  The rest?  Time will tell, from the conservative side of the aisle viewpoint, we've endured much worse. :)  As it's been in the past, for better or worse, he is The Prez, for the moment.  We are now all Melania. ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on March 01, 2017, 12:57:55 PM
... Or manmade Global Warming caused by all the hot air exuded on the Politics threads?
Ha!  "Global Warming you can believe in!"

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 01, 2017, 01:21:45 PM
It was nice to see Race Bannon and my UPS driver backing up President Trump.

"Pepe?  Pepe?  Is that you?"

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 01, 2017, 02:22:20 PM
So, now he's the bad guy for counter-punching at the literal deluge of shit the mainstream media has been throwing at him every single day?! How about the dignity of the press?! Please, stop trying to act like a nice guy so much. It's 100% bullshit. I've gotten to know your politics better than that over the last year.  ;D

P.S. Never stop Tweeting, Mr. President!  ;D

Many in the press have no dignity.  As for Trump and Twitter, it is one thing to engage in a playful banter pointing out the faults of the media, it is another to come across as vengeful.  It may please the true believers in his base that he engages in attacks but he is the President now and should be a bit more tactful so as to win over folks that may have been hesitant in the past to support him.  As President, he needs to create a consensus among the American people for his policies.  How he presents himself can make all the difference in the world to many.

He was perfect last night.  He needs to stick to this tone if he truly wants to succeed.  I mean, look at the leftist media and the Democrats today.  They are scared shitless of this new Trump.  This Trump version 2.0 can succeed whereas perhaps version 1.0 would have a harder time doing so.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 01, 2017, 02:19:43 PM
I would say that there is more than a bit of difference between a conductor one chooses to conduct a symphony and family members.  Plus he clearly thinks highly of his son-in-law and a racist would never do that.  To say otherwise would be grasping at straws.

It was an opera, let's try and keep it classy on SewerGab. Racists can have black girlfriends, racists are inconsistent about who they choose to dislike. I don't know whether Trump is anti-Semitic or not, but they can rationalise things like that by telling themselves that a Jew they happen to esteem isn't really a proper Jew (just Jew-ish). You're not coming across as terribly worldly here.

And we're not living in the Victorian age, fathers don't get as much say on who their daughters marry any more. And as for having Jewish grandkids meaning he doesn't hate Jews. Well,  how the hell does that work?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 01, 2017, 02:42:38 PM
Most of the press has no dignity.  As for Trump and Twitter, it is one thing to engage in a playful banter pointing out the faults of the media, it is another to come across as vengeful.  It may please the true believers in his base that he engages in attacks but he is the President now and should be a bit more tactful so as to win over folks that may have been hesitant in the past to support him.  As President, he needs to create a consensus among the American people for his policies.  How he presents himself can make all the difference in the world to many.

He was perfect last night.  He needs to stick to this tone if he truly wants to succeed.  I mean, look at the leftist media and the Democrats today.  They are scared shitless of this new Trump.  This Trump version 2.0 can succeed whereas perhaps version 1.0 would have a harder time doing so.

Stop trying to make him a Democrat. If that's what you wanted you should've really made TL happy and just voted for Hillary.  ;)

luicfer6G6

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 01, 2017, 02:30:12 PM
Yeah, we elected a president, not a saint or messiah. We already tried that with Obama and it didn't work out so well for most people. ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRpXiqBRudI

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 01, 2017, 02:44:02 PM
It was an opera, let's try and keep it classy on SewerGab. Racists can have black girlfriends, racists are inconsistent about who they choose to dislike. I don't know whether Trump is anti-Semitic or not, but they can rationalise things like that by telling themselves that a Jew they happen to esteem isn't really a proper Jew (just Jew-ish). You're not coming across as terribly worldly here.

Oh, I'm quite wise to the ways of the world.  Of course racists do those things but most probably would not embrace a child and her family if she went against his desires to remain a Gentile.  I know Trump has attracted racists among his supporters but I think he has made it clear that he doesn't agree with them. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rekcuf on March 01, 2017, 11:04:37 AM
Look at their faces, it's over. Trump's victory is complete.

ps: This picture was taken during the standing ovation for the Navy SEAL widow. #resist

Strangly his father didn't turn up..

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 01, 2017, 12:04:33 PM
Trump is the first President with Jewish grandkids. His favorite offspring is Ivanka who has also converted to Judaism.  You better find a new narrative, Pud.

And? What has that to do with neo nazis supporting Trump?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 01, 2017, 02:55:52 PM
Strangly his father didn't turn up..

Strangly?! Like you want to strangle him?  :D

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 01, 2017, 02:54:13 PM
Oh, I'm quite wise to the ways of the world.  Of course racists do those things but most probably would not embrace a child and her family if she went against his desires to remain a Gentile.  I know Trump has attracted racists among his supporters but I think he has made it clear that he doesn't agree with them.

It depends on the people involved.  We don't know the dynamic in that relationship, and the daughter might lord it over the father and do what she likes. And there are varying degrees of anti-semitism, you don't necessarily want Jews all going up the nearest smokestack, you might just be casually racist rather than venomously so.

We've been hearing that this Gorka character has links to racist groups in Hungary now. Bannon is pretty iffy, obviously. Miller too. If he chooses to associate with people like that we are entitled to draw our own conclusions.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 01, 2017, 02:45:26 PM
Stop trying to make him a Democrat. If that's what you wanted you should've really made TL happy and just voted for Hillary.  ;)

LOL.  If I recall, you're the one who voted for a Republican for the first time  while I've been voting for Republican presidents since 1984.  I sure as shit don't care for the Democratic Party, that's for sure.  Most people want a level-headed President though and Trump would do well to present himself as such.  That weakens the hold leftists have on our country.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 01, 2017, 03:02:48 PM
That weakens the hold leftists have on our country.

That's the thing, dude. They were just decimated. They really don't have any power anymore. It's all hot air now.  :D

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 01, 2017, 02:57:38 PM
And? What has that to do with neo nazis supporting Trump?

Never said they didn't.  Unfortunately, nationalism attracts the good and the bad.  That doesn't mean Trump shares their beliefs.  I guess in his heart of hearts, he could be disguising his sympathies  but really we are talking Trump.  He doesn't strike me as the devious sort with hidden agendas.  He let's it all hang out and damn the consequences.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 01, 2017, 02:57:54 PM
Strangly?! Like you want to strangle him?  :D

You're itching to condemn him for refusing to meet your boy. Perhaps you'd call him a cuck, faggot, heretic? Fucking Trump who has the temerity to blame others for his sanctioning the mission. Trump who got his daddy to get him out of Vietnam.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 01, 2017, 03:10:20 PM
Never said they didn't.  Unfortunately, nationalism attracts the good and the bad.  That doesn't mean Trump shares their beliefs.  I guess in his heart of hearts, he could be disguising his sympathies  but really we are talking Trump.  He doesn't strike me as the devious sort with hidden agendas.  He let's it all hang out and damn the consequences.

pud just thinks you're stupid enough to fall for the whole guilt by association thing he's always desperately trying here.  ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 01, 2017, 03:10:14 PM
That's the thing, dude. They were just decimated. They really don't have any power anymore. It's all hot air now.  :D

They still have the civil service bureaucracy and the courts. Don't count them out yet. SEIU and Soros money will keep them as an annoyance for the near term.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 01, 2017, 03:11:19 PM
You're itching to condemn him for refusing to meet your boy. Perhaps you'd call him a cuck, faggot, heretic? Fucking Trump who has the temerity to blame others for his sanctioning the mission. Trump who got his daddy to get him out of Vietnam.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 01, 2017, 03:10:14 PM

Don't use words unless you know what they mean.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 01, 2017, 03:12:37 PM
They still have the civil service bureaucracy and the courts. Don't count them out yet. SEIU and Soros money will keep them as an annoyance for the near term.

I know. In a lot of ways his agenda has never been in more danger. Like Bannon said, it just the start.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 01, 2017, 03:10:20 PM

I don't blame Trump for neo nazis supporting him; I think they were inspired by Bannon when he was still at Breitbart, and when he got involved with Trump it was a logical progression for them. Bannon and Trump to them was the tacit approval they needed to carry on doing what until then was condemned. Bannon lifted that condemnation in their 'minds'.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 01, 2017, 03:15:32 PM
I know. In a lot of ways his agenda has never been in more danger. Like Bannon said, it just the start.  ;)

When you back a wounded animal into a corner, expect it to fight for its life.