• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2016, 12:25:15 PM
Who gives a shit! It's irrelevant to our discussion.  ::)

Okay, but it could tell you why Wikileaks spouts what does and no-one sues. Forgetting of course, no-one at WL is brave enough to stand up and be counted as the accuser...

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 14, 2016, 12:28:26 PM
That's what happens with the vagueries and a none democratic democracy. It isn't representitive of the will of the people. Even if Clinton had won, the idiocy of electrol colleges remain.

I doubt you even  really know what the electoral college is and why it is.  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 14, 2016, 12:31:00 PM
Okay, but it could tell you why Wikileaks spouts what does and no-one sues. Forgetting of course, no-one at WL is brave enough to stand up and be counted as the accuser...

nonsensical drivel.

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2016, 12:29:40 PM
Sorry, but you often do imply that. Anyway, keep loling, dude. I really don't give a shit. I"ll just do my best to ignore your nonsense and let you keep shooting your meaningless spitballs that just take up mv's server space for no good reason.  :P

lol you got triggered enough, don't take bellgab so damn personally , you're not a bad guy when you dont get so worked uped over meaningless things.  :)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2016, 12:31:36 PM
nonsensical drivel.

AKA, "Yeah, I'd not thought of that, you're right. No-one does come forward as an accuser on WL"

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 14, 2016, 12:31:01 PM
I doubt you even  really know what the electoral college is and why it is.  ::)

Go on then brains...tell me. No cut and pasting now, d'yer hear?

SciFiAuthor

That's what happens with the vagueries and a none democratic democracy. It isn't representitive of the will of the people. Even if Clinton had won, the idiocy of electrol colleges remain.

I don't buy it. If the tables were turned and Clinton won the electoral vote you'd all be saying the opposite and praising the electoral system for saving the people from themselves. 

The fact is, this is a union that, in theory, is more like the EU than an individual country. And while we see ourselves as all being Americans, there are regional differences. You can't take some rancher in Wyoming and tell him that NY, LA and Chicago liberals are going to determine the nation's politics from now on. Remember, you could not pull that off with Brussels. Dumping the electoral college would make the US into one huge Brexit and that would benefit no one.

If there was no Electoral college, then the candidates would only campaign on the West coast and in the northeast.  The system we have now makes every locale important.  The Electoral College system is brilliant.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 14, 2016, 12:35:35 PM
I don't buy it. If the tables were turned and Clinton won the electoral vote you'd all be saying the opposite and praising the electoral system from saving the people from themselves. 

Nope. I have said many many times, I'm not a fan of hers. But the Trumpers like to say I am because a), they're illiterate b), it fits their spleen venting.

The fact is, this is a union that, in theory, is more like the EU than an individual country. And while we see ourselves as all being Americans, there are regional differences. You can't take some rancher in Wyoming and tell him that NY, LA and Chicago are going to determine the nation's politics from now on. Remember, you could not pull that off with Brussels. Dumping the electoral college would make the US into one huge Brexit and that would benefit no one.

No it wouldn't. Any more than the UK having a PM who is leader of the party elected into goverment, with its MP's, means that we can't have local representation, irrespective of which party they represent. Even India can do it, and that's a far bigger population and more diverse than the USA.

As for saying you can't tell one state, that the outcome of another state determined the nations politics; well, that's exactly what you have. California is one example. They're going to have to do what Trump decrees because (for example), ND said so.

SciFiAuthor

One thing that has me wondering about this election is just what effect WikiLeaks had. One thing that it and Project Veritas highlighted was the methods of voter fraud employed by the Democrats. Did this make the Dems shy to use those tactics? Did that push the election in Trump's favor? Or if they did employ them, did Trump actually win the popular vote when you remove all the illegal and/or dead voters?

We'll likely never know but I certainly wonder about that.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 14, 2016, 12:44:03 PM
One thing that has me wondering about this election is just what effect WikiLeaks had. One thing that it and Project Veritas highlighted was the methods of voter fraud employed by the Democrats. Did this make the Dems shy to use those tactics? Did that push the election in Trump's favor? Or if they did employ them, did Trump actually win the popular vote when you remove all the illegal and/or dead voters?

I just think it made a lot of people think, I may agree with a lot of her platform but I just can't vote for someone I know to be a manipulative, lying criminal.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 14, 2016, 12:44:03 PM

Trump did what the Dems are accused of it seems....

Trump offered gifts to influence coverage - Megyn Kelly -

www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37968490

Megyn Kelly just needs to fuck Trump and get it over with.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: VoteQuimby on November 14, 2016, 12:54:03 PM
Megyn Kelly just needs to fuck Trump and get it over with.

Hell hath no fury like a humiliated female reporter. He's going to have more come his way methinks.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 14, 2016, 12:41:34 PM
Nope. I have said many many times, I'm not a fan of hers. But the Trumpers like to say I am because a), they're illiterate b), it fits their spleen venting.

Well, say it was someone you were a fan of.

No it wouldn't. Any more than the UK having a PM who is leader of the party elected into goverment, with its MP's, means that we can't have local representation, irrespective of which party they represent. Even India can do it, and that's a far bigger population and more diverse than the USA.

Local representation is not enough here. Turn the TV on and look at the protests. Look at the inner city meltdowns of the last few years. This is a country that is closer to civil war than it is far from it, and I don't say that lightly. Attempts at tampering with the system solely because some people didn't like the outcome of an election would probably push us over the edge and get states attempting, I stress attempting, to secede. You can't go into a solidly red state like Alabama and tell them that they are now officially disenfranchised and three liberal cities a thousand miles away now rule the union. We are not, and never have been, united enough for that.

Understand that there is a major cultural divide in the US that is unique to us and it does split on urban vs. other lines.

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 14, 2016, 12:41:34 PM
California is one example. They're going to have to do what Drumpf decrees because (for example), ND said so.

Hey dumbass, the states litigate against each other and the Federal authority all the time.

You're a complete idiot who knows next to zero about what you're ham-fistedly trying to discuss with free men.

No one here takes you seriously. Believe it.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 14, 2016, 12:38:58 PM
If there was no Electoral college, then the candidates would only campaign on the West coast and in the northeast.  The system we have now makes every locale important.  The Electoral College system is brilliant.
It's estimated there were at least several million votes cast by illegal immigrants, no doubt with the vast majority for Clinton.  The number of electoral votes for a state are determined based upon the census, plus at least 2 per state minimum, as is done for Senate representation. 

The census is suppose to include even illegal immigrants in their count, even though they legally are not suppose to vote.  Even the census admits it's difficult to actually account for illegal immigrants, so it's possible the number of electoral votes per state are fairly legally representative, with some bias towards a higher illegitimate number, but I'd believe it's fairly close to what it should be.  I would think an illegal would be much less desirous and capable of being tracked down for the census than they would be for casting a vote.

One could argue the electoral college inadvertently actually compensates for the illegal immigration vote by potentially disallowing it, due to a census which may very well miss counting a number of illegal immigrants.  I definitely would NOT be for a total vote counting system WITHOUT proper legal identification as a legitimate U.S. voter.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 14, 2016, 12:55:41 PM
Hell hath no fury like a humiliated female reporter. He's going to have more come his way methinks.

What's the story here? That Trump said nice things about and offered free lodging for reporters who aren't pieces of shit?

Jackstar

Quote from: norland2424 on November 14, 2016, 12:20:09 PM
what i dont believe is in assanges motives

Quote from: Bartholomew Domergue Domerick Barnstormer Zeus on November 14, 2016, 12:56:52 PM

Hey dumbass, [...]

You're a complete idiot who knows next to zero about what you're ham-fistedly trying to discuss with free men.

Quote from: Brody on November 14, 2016, 08:25:30 AM
I was a bit bothered this morning watching the local news report on Trump selecting Steve Bannon as his Chief Strategist, as they only referred to him as a "right-wing journalist" and ignored his controversial past statements in which he came out as anti-Semitic, anti-African American, anti-latino, anti-Islamic and anti-Catholic (He called the Pope a "communist" and believes the Pope's kind views towards Hispanics is merely because he wants them to stay part of the ever shrinking Catholic base.)
Thankfully the national press is doing a far better job sounding the alarms of controversy. Bannon is also against Speaker Paul Ryan, due in part to Ryan's beliefs of allowing immigrants a pathway to become citizens - a stance that also puts Ryan at odds with Trump. It will be interesting to watch this political theater unfold over the next few months. I suspect Speaker Ryan will step down, considering he had to be coaxed into the position to begin with. Reince Priebus becoming Trump's Chief-of-Staff is somewhat intriguing as well. It is very much a move to quell the establishment Republicans, but is a major roadblock to Trump's #draintheswamp goal.
I can only hope the moderate Republicans (the handful that are left) can help stop most of the crazier aspects of Trump's plans from taking fruition. The mass immigration force Trump insists is going to come to fruition will create level of civil unrest in our cities that will match anything the protests of the sixties could offer. THE WALL remains a major expense that, with the military increases and tax cuts planned, will help rack up mega debt. Keep an eye out for Wall Street deregulations that will be forthcoming soon. History is repeating itself....
http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2FPolitics%2Fobamas-deportation-policy-numbers%2Fstory%3Fid%3D41715661&h=AAQGFTvBe

Of course doing it slowly helped keep a mass hysteria from developing. The Trump plan comes across far more fascist, due to the caustic language and threats that have been used.

Bannon is Irish-Catholic.  Trump won the Catholic vote this time around.  I think Hilary's staunch defense of partial birth abortion, and her staffers referring to Catholics as backward and talking about planting the seeds of revolution in the Church may have had something to do with it.  Not to mention weirdo freak performance art like spirt cooking.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Bartholomew Domergue Domerick Barnstormer Zeus on November 14, 2016, 12:56:52 PM

Hey dumbass, the states litigate against each other and the Federal authority all the time.

Jackstar

When I see the media mention Steve Bannon as "the alt-right founder of Breitbart News," I always think, "hey, what happened to Breitbart?"

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Bartholomew Domergue Domerick Barnstormer Zeus on November 14, 2016, 01:00:54 PM
When I see the media mention Steve Bannon as "the alt-right founder of Breitbart News," I always think, "hey, what happened to Breitbart?"

Suicide (murder)?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 14, 2016, 12:52:16 PM
Trump did what the Dems are accused of it seems....

Trump offered gifts to influence coverage - Megyn Kelly -

www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37968490

Maybe, but she also implied in that book that someone from the Trump team slipped something in her coffee during the debate she moderated that made her sick. We also know that she can't stand Donald Trump. So, as someone that makes their living in the writing industry, it's exactly those kinds of things that I would put in a book if I wanted to sell copy especially if I didn't like the person I was writing about. Now, give me a Wikileak or some other third party source, then I'd be more interested.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 14, 2016, 12:56:47 PM
Well, say it was someone you were a fan of.

Local representation is not enough here. Turn the TV on and look at the protests. Look at the inner city meltdowns of the last few years. This is a country that is closer to civil war than it is far from it, and I don't say that lightly. Attempts at tampering with the system solely because some people didn't like the outcome of an election would probably push us over the edge and get states attempting, I stress attempting, to secede. You can't go into a solidly red state like Alabama and tell them that they are now officially disenfranchised and three liberal cities a thousand miles away now rule the union. We are not, and never have been, united enough for that.

Understand that there is a major cultural divide in the US that is unique to us and it does split on urban vs. other lines.

Well no of course you can't unless its agreed by all. But theoretically you could. However Clitus chewing his wad of tobacco down in Georgia won't bother voting on any referendum because it would take too long to explain the details. The art teachers in CA would need a sabatical and a clump of pampas grass to inspire them to come up with some pretentious scribble that projects their feelings.

Yorkshire pud

HEY DUMBASS! (feels good typing that), I wasn't answering you, shit for brains.(even better)