• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Link to Art 24/7 on Winamp Shoutcast

Started by davboz, May 26, 2008, 03:33:11 AM

davboz

http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=824282
Enjoy. If it breaks just search for Art Bell on Shoutcast.
============
Great! ;:)
I just checked the link to make sure it works and it's "Server Full". Only so many listeners at a time on these links. Oh well. At least it is working.

****ADMIN EDIT**** the above link is dead.  use this:  http://66.231.176.181:5000/listen.pls
if that doesn't work, use this:  http://www.ufoship.com/streamercustom.exe

Max

what you can do is get the streamer...

I got it and listen via that all the time when I want my fix...lol

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: davboz on May 26, 2008, 03:33:11 AM
http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/tunein-station.pls?id=824282
Enjoy. If it breaks just search for Art Bell on Shoutcast.
============
Great! ;:)
I just checked the link to make sure it works and it's "Server Full". Only so many listeners at a time on these links. Oh well. At least it is working.

if the server is full, go to ufoship.com and click "backup audio stream" in the menu, install the little program, and you'll not have to worry about the server being full anymore. cheers.

VictoryAli

I actually listen to the stream virtually every day. It is awesome and whoever put this together deserves a medal. Right now I'm listening to Art Bell on a shortwave radio broadcast give his real thoughts on Coast To Coast now. It is awesome. In fact that's why I signed up for this site is because of the commercials on the stream for the site, and my extreme dislike of George Noory.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: VictoryAli on June 11, 2008, 06:14:07 PM
I actually listen to the stream virtually every day. It is awesome and whoever put this together deserves a medal. Right now I'm listening to Art Bell on a shortwave radio broadcast give his real thoughts on Coast To Coast now. It is awesome. In fact that's why I signed up for this site is because of the commercials on the stream for the site, and my extreme dislike of George Noory.
thanks for that.  glad you're enjoying the stream.  unfortunately, premiere radio is harassing my stream hosting company, meaning the stream is soon going to be shut down.  there is an announcement of this playing on the stream after each show.  there are details in this announcement outlining what you can do to continue to hear the show once the shoutcast stream is discontinued.  it's a sad day.  after two years up and running... now this.

slipstream

Michael,

It is a shame these companies have to bother with small time streams that only fans would want to listen to.  Only 400(?) people can listen at one time?  First, the Phil Hendrie stream and now the Art Bell stream   :'(    I'll download the streamer program for as long as that stream lasts.  Oh, does that program have spyware?  No,  j/k   ;D

Thanks for the stream in the first place.

Im curious what Art had to say about C2C these days? Im sure he feels the same way as we all do.Mabye ill call john leer and we can jump in his time machine and make noorys mom swallow the load so we will never have to hear georgie boy ever again! .... or mabye not... jeez tough crowd.... :'(

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 12, 2008, 12:49:35 AM
thanks for that.  glad you're enjoying the stream.  unfortunately, premiere radio is harassing my stream hosting company, meaning the stream is soon going to be shut down.  there is an announcement of this playing on the stream after each show.  there are details in this announcement outlining what you can do to continue to hear the show once the shoutcast stream is discontinued.  it's a sad day.  after two years up and running... now this.

There are some good things -- but these days mostly EVIL things in Copyright Law --- Had a class on it this las semester and became a real supporter of Creative Commons.  There are many situations - and C2C is one of them -when remixing (or rebroadcast ) can only HELP the roiginal artist.  DAMN these F*ing money-grubbing  @$$holes who only care about short term profit, and not cultural gain!!!!

PTHSsssssssssssssssssssssss!

The KICKER?  Handled correctly income streams from remix=reuse can BENEFIT the artists involved!

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 12, 2008, 12:49:35 AM

Time to go WalMart-style and look for a Chinese stream-hosting company.  I hear they're a little less concerned about what the entertainment industry's views on copyright law are.

slipstream

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 12, 2008, 11:31:02 PM
Time to go WalMart-style and look for a Chinese stream-hosting company.  I hear they're a little less concerned about what the entertainment industry's views on copyright law are.

I have been thinking about the same thing.  A Chinese provider just might be the solution.  However, it wouldn't surprise me if Premier made such a stink out of it that it becomes a international incident ala allofmp3.  Still, I'll do some poking around.

MV/Liberace!

i'm hoping to run into somebody with experience streaming with foreign hosting companies who tells me "hey, use this.  i have and it's solid."  i'm afraid most foreign stream hosting companies aren't going to be very reliable, or they might take my money and screw me.  who knows.  i need some guidance from somebody who knows of a good company maybe in china as suggested or elsewhere in the 3rd world.

davboz

Just checked that link and who do I hear??? NOOOOORRRYY!
Crap!

EvB

Quote from: VictoryAli on June 11, 2008, 06:14:07 PM
. Right now I'm listening to Art Bell on a shortwave radio broadcast give his real thoughts on Coast To Coast now. It is awesome.

So - what did he SAY?

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 17, 2008, 09:12:49 AM
i believe he's referring to this:
http://ufoship.com/request.php?1

Nice. I remember hearing this and feeling a little piece of me die inside.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on June 17, 2008, 09:12:49 AM
i believe he's referring to this:
http://ufoship.com/request.php?1

Thanks MV -- I find it interesting that Art seems so mild about the whole thing.  I would have expected a little more sense of indignation at having his creation so completely changed at the root. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: davboz on June 17, 2008, 12:10:41 AM
Just checked that link and who do I hear??? NOOOOORRRYY!
Crap!
then you were most definitely not listening to our stream.

Quote from: EvB on June 17, 2008, 03:11:00 PM
Thanks MV -- I find it interesting that Art seems so mild about the whole thing.  I would have expected a little more sense of indignation at having his creation so completely changed at the root. 

Was that a talk/radio show?  I thought it was just a bunch of HAM guys talking, or a dude with a little shortwave program.

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on June 17, 2008, 11:34:20 PM
Was that a talk/radio show?  I thought it was just a bunch of HAM guys talking, or a dude with a little shortwave program.

It's ham - but Art and one or two others are discussing Noory - and the changes he made in C2C production.  It's not blatant -- it's obviously a personal conversation (as much as can be on HAM)

Quote from: EvB on June 17, 2008, 11:42:27 PM
It's ham - but Art and one or two others are discussing Noory - and the changes he made in C2C production.  It's not blatant -- it's obviously a personal conversation (as much as can be on HAM)

That's what I meant.  I think that's partially why there was less audible emotion then expected. But I thought that he was actually showing plenty of emotion in his subject metter.  That was why I said a part of me died when I heard it. And it died again when I just listened to it yesterday.  Art's words just scream "death of innocence" and it hammers the fact of how different in all aspects, from engineering to entertainment value, C2C is from how C2C was.

MV/Liberace!

art's no tool, and when on ham, he knows he's not in a private setting.  hell, he himself has subsidized a receiver in pahrump at KNYE which receives the DX between he and his buddies for the purpose of then streaming that audio online at smeter.net

in that context, i would interpret the true meaning behind the intentionally deliberate and diplomatic tone of his thoughts in the following way:

"i'm no longer financially bound to the show's success, so i don't give a shit what they do with it.  it's ruined as far as i'm concerned and i'm just glad i've washed my hands of it prior to its demise.  for starters, this shill noory is moving to LA so that he can stay close to the suits at premiere who want to control him and force him to read ANYTHING they put in front of his face.  anybody ever heard of tahiti village?  exactly.  the guy who replaced me, snoors, doesn't run his own air board.  he has his calls screened.  he is, in other words, a pussy who is failing completely to understand what it was that gave intelligent, reasoned people an incentive to hear the show.  the network apparently has control over this creature, and they neither could nor WOULD ever succeed in doing that to me.  no way in hell."

end of paraphrase.