• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Let's Dissect This Analysis Of The Harley Hoffman Film

Started by James G., January 31, 2011, 10:39:02 PM

James G.

OK, all. Harley Hoffman may subscribe to "The Search For Santa" or whatever. Now, I have not been able to track this man down online -- neither has Coast To Coast AM -- to ask critical questions. But this is what he claimed himself or his brother, from what I heard, filmed in Northwestern Canada:

I've seen a number of films -- supposedly showing actual Bigfoot subjects -- come and go over the years. Most are downright laughable, obvious hoax attempts. But in my studies of such films, I recently came upon one that I considered unique.

I could find little information about it, except that it was attributed to one Harley Hoffman, and was taken in 2001 in British Columbia. The clearest video clip I found was posted here:

Real Bigfoot Video Exclusive (Harley Hoffman)

In my view, this film teeters on the edge of credibility and incredibility. First of all, I'll say that if that's a costume, it's a rather detailed one. Although the subject stays in frame only briefly, I note its apparent size -- mainly height and broadness -- compared with the surrounding environment. It has some scale to it, and I can tell it's big -- whatever it is.

If it's a person in a costume, it's a large person who's unusually wide, or the outfit itself has outstanding bulk. And I perceive a degree of musculature in the subject's shoulder and upper-back movements.

I also note the apparent patchy fur, and it's dark -- basically black -- coloration. Costumed hoaxers I've seen employ outfits with uniformed, even-distributed body hair or fur coverings. In addition, Bigfoot costumes I've seen use a brown color scheme, although the Halloween-type Gorilla novelty suits tend to be ebony in color. But the subject in "The Hoffman Film" sure doesn't look like any stock Halloween-type costume I've seen.

That suggests that modifications would be required to make it appear more credible, and I have my doubts that's what I'm seeing there. Also, the subject appears to have some sort of obtrusion on its upper back, from what I see. It resembles those square, padded neck and head protectors I've seen football players wear. Or maybe it's just my failing eyesight in my middle age, or some effect from the dark subject area -- or the lighting itself.

I'll say that the subject I see in this video bears a remarkable similarity to the subject I see in the Patterson-Gimlin film. It appears these two subjects are physically related, as it refers to a common ancestry or genetic background. And I do not feel it's case of reverse engineering by the costume-maker -- if it's such.

Considering the videos of supposed Bigfoot I've seen, it's only "The Hoffman Film" that comes close to having that same measure of "Boy, that looks like a real one" that I feel marks the subject seen in the 1967 film.

Now the downside of what I see. The subject stays in frame only briefly and fleetingly. There also appears to be some editing done on the clips, where the subject is at close first, then is seen at a distance in the next shot. And the subject never turns to the camera, keeping its front out-of-shot. Without being viewed from this angle, the subject lacks the detail seen in the Patterson-Gimlin film.

For those who haven't seen the digital enhancement of the subject's "mug shot" from the Patterson-Gimlin film, I found a "magnify-able" (enlarge and take a good look!) image posted here:

http://sasquatch-pg.net/

http://sasquatch-pg.net/index_files/home_files/patti-photo-enhancement.jpg

So, with "The Hoffman Film," we have the subject walking away from camera shot, so added physical detail is absent. And the subject never seems interested in the filmmaker, if it even recognizes or acknowledges the fact it's being observed.

I'll conclude that I believe in what I am seeing as some sort of unique species -- and not a costumed individual. I feel something "real" is captured on that film, and that it's also not some computer-generated, "digital special effect."

Like the Patterson-Gimlin film, if it's a hoax, it's a good one. -- and I've been fooled once again.
--------------------------

anagrammy

VERY interesting. Thanks for posting this-- I wasn't familiar with this one.  Another reason I'm glad I joined Coastgab.

Anagrammy

James G.

Quote from: anagrammy on February 11, 2011, 01:06:37 AM
VERY interesting. Thanks for posting this-- I wasn't familiar with this one.  Another reason I'm glad I joined Coastgab.

Anagrammy

Thanks for your reply. And thinking further. Darn me. Somewhere online, there's a longer video in which Harley Hoffman describes the film further. I recall seeing it months ago, I regret not bookmarking it then. After your post, I tried to search it, but failed so far.

I will continue to find it. And post it when I do.

Hoffman described, if I remember correctly, how the subject of that film knew people were watching it that day -- and purposefully made itself visible to the filmmakers.

As if the human didn't exist.

I will continue to seek the longer video interview.

anagrammy

Thanks, James, the comparison of this one with the Patterson is the best evidence so far (other than the unknown DNA hair).  Also, do you have any more links or info on Harley and what happened to him.

I've always wondered what happened to the Bigfoot refrigerator hoaxters.  Did they have to enter the witness protection program or what! LOL

Anagrammy

James G.

Quote from: anagrammy on February 13, 2011, 07:50:25 AM
I've always wondered what happened to the Bigfoot refrigerator hoaxters.  Did they have to enter the witness protection program or what! LOL
Anagrammy

LOL! I saw their rotten video when they burned a book by the credible Bigfoot researcher Loren Coleman. Who was once a guest on Coast To Coast AM. Not anymore, considering the mess that program has become.

And, for a good laugh, feel free to listen to Tom Biscardi on blog-talk radio with his "Bigfoot Lives" weekly broadcast. It's worth the laugh.

Good point
. I will follow up on these Georgia hoaxers, and find out what they paid for in the end for their deception. And fraud.

Maybe, the way Coast To Coast AM is going, the hoaxers will appear as guests in the near future. To describe how they are right and the rest of the world is wrong.

Thanks for your reply.

And from what I researched online last night, I found out Harley Hoffman of the deep. dark, dense, wintering woods of British Columbia, Canada, hasn't spoken out about that film since 2001. Nearly a decade now. But, from what I read online, he left with this statement, to the effect:

If he can bring one of those animals from Northwest Canada in a cage to the public, would you believe him, then?

I say: Perhaps so.

I have to find the extended interview. When he stated that animal saw the cellphone-filmmaker and then went on its way like like the human wasn't even there.

Like those humans weren't even there.