14 (45.2%)
No
6 (19.4%)
Undetermined
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Morgus

Quote from: MV on September 03, 2012, 10:07:22 PM
Does Simone still host the show? Does he deserve a sticky topic on CoastGab?
Simone hasn't guest hosted in over a year and he was very rare before that.
Now that Ian cut back, they probably can use him instead if they need an extra guest host, though John B. Wells has been used recently on those Friday nights Noory takes off.

Rasputin

Quote from: Morgus on September 03, 2012, 11:23:51 PM
Simone hasn't guest hosted in over a year and he was very rare before that.
Now that Ian cut back, they probably can use him instead if they need an extra guest host, though John B. Wells has been used recently on those Friday nights Noory takes off.

Hopefully, we'll here more of him. I'd much rather hear him filling in for George on Friday than Wells.

Quote from: Rasputin on September 04, 2012, 02:11:35 AM
Hopefully, we'll here more of him. I'd much rather hear him filling in for George on Friday than Wells.

I want to hear him more. But then sometimes after an hour of him, I want to hear him less.
I think he is mentally capable but after listening to his voice, he begins to remind me of the announcer of a lounge act on a cruise in 1979.

Juan

Well, he's on tonight, so maybe this thread should be a sticky.

I'll listen more closely, but I thought he was pretty good.  Though anyone would be better than sNoory.

SR-71

I do enjoy listening to Rob Simone. I think that he should be the new host to replace snoory.

Nebraska888

Quote from: SR-71 on December 28, 2012, 05:23:03 PM
I do enjoy listening to Rob Simone. I think that he should be the new host to replace snoory.

I would have NO dispute with that choice.  I, too, like Simone.

As other have said, Knapp isn't interested.......he'd be my first choice.

ziznak

Kinda happy he's gonna be hosting more... i guess with Ian slowing down and George Noory (hopefully) retiring soon it would make sense.

Quote from: ziznak on December 28, 2012, 06:53:59 PM
Kinda happy he's gonna be hosting more... i guess with Ian slowing down and George Noory (hopefully) retiring soon it would make sense.

Didn't George retire after the Mayan Calendar thing?

ziznak

He retired long before he even picked the mic up

Sardondi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 28, 2012, 06:57:09 PM

Didn't George retire after the Mayan Calendar thing?

Yes, George Noory, always a man of his word, retired from C2C on December 21, 2012. The show has not been broadcast since then, although no one has noticed yet.

Morgus

Longtime frequent and annoying caller Bill from West Hartford, Conn the amateur atheist astronomer just called in again to talk to the smartest man in the world guest tonight and he is ranting on about Jesus and religion...

Quote from: Morgus on December 29, 2012, 01:22:59 AM
Longtime frequent and annoying caller Bill from West Hartford, Conn the amateur atheist astronomer just called in again to talk to the smartest man in the world guest tonight and he is ranting on about Jesus and religion...

Damn, I was hoping when George said 'you'll be in good hands' he may have meant Knapp or Punnett. I guess those guys don't do emergency gigs though.

Morgus

Rob Simone gave an interesting summary of his 'journey' that led to being a paranormal radio show host.
unlike Noory, Simone said he started by listening to Art Bell nightly in the 90s, and then spending years volunteering and working with several of c2c regular guests on UFOs, etc.

Simone has a very mellow voice. I can appreciate it given that C2C is literally overnight here in NY, but I've been up and listening to the show and at least he and his callers are making sense (with the exception of Bill from Conn of course). I'm just grateful that the usual Wells paranoia is absent, even if it's just for one Friday night.

Scully

Quote from: Morgus on December 29, 2012, 02:13:55 AM
Rob Simone gave an interesting summary of his 'journey' that led to being a paranormal radio show host.
unlike Noory, Simone said he started by listening to Art Bell nightly in the 90s, and then spending years volunteering and working with several of c2c regular guests on UFOs, etc.

Yes, that impressed me, Morgus.  Simone seems to be a genuine student of the paranormal who has moved all over the world in search of knowledge.  He also showed his intelligence tonight when talking to the guest with the IQ of 200, whom he said he chose because the guy had never been on Coast before.

Simone's voice tone and pattern keeps reminding me of the fake soothing voice of the office guy who walked around being smarmy in the movie Office Space, but, hey, nobody's perfect.   :D

ziznak

SHIT MY TPS REPORTS!!!

I like Rob Simone and I'd like to see more of him... I often think of the pic I see of him at some sort of paranormal convention desk.  The dude loves the subject matter and he's obviously come up from the bottom of the industry.  It's like seeing a garage band make it.  Not that he's made it but he'd be a much better host than SNore-boy.

I spoke too soon about the paranoia, but hey, at least it wasn't the entire show devoted to wild and wilder claims. And not once has Simone referred to turmeric or the mothership. That's a plus.

WOTR

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on December 29, 2012, 03:58:33 AM
I spoke too soon about the paranoia, but hey, at least it wasn't the entire show devoted to wild and wilder claims. And not once has Simone referred to turmeric or the mothership. That's a plus.
Really?  Did he at least remember that in order to get more C2C gigs he needs to suck up to the captain?  It seems like the first time in ages that I did not have the radio on to hear coast and now I have missed one of the only hosts that I like...

valdez

Longtime frequent and annoying caller Bill from West Hartford, Conn the amateur atheist astronomer ...

I was impressed with Christopher Michael Langan, the smartest guy in America, or even the world, talking about reality, which is really the past, and how the future affects the present, which is the past, affected by the future, and Rob "loverboy" Simone did alright, but I wished he would have asked a few follow up questions on some of Langan's ideas on God and math.  Langan also used the word "festooned."  I hadn't heard that word since Elvis Costello used it in a little tune off the album, Mighty Like a Rose, called "After the Fall."
     Bill, from West Hartford, Connecticut, the atheist amature astronomer, should lengthen his title a little.  Something like: "I'm Bill, from West Hartford, Connecticut, the single nonsmoking not too bad looking fast talking so I can get my leading question on the air atheist amature astronomer.."  But longer. 

"...festooned with phosphorous stars..."

CoastCanuck

Longtime frequent and annoying caller Bill from West Hartford, Conn the amateur atheist astronomer just called in again
The odds of Bill's frequent calls appears to means one of 3 things -
1. Bill should go to Vegas because of his good luck.
2. the call screening process needs refinement.
3. not many people are trying to call in. 

Juan

4. Bill was given a special number.

Quote from: UFO Fill on December 29, 2012, 11:02:41 AM
4. Bill was given a special number.

Because 4b.  Bill may be a paid callur

Nebraska888

I enjoyed Simone........I can't begin to imagine Noory as the host of that program. 

Oh yes "festooned"........great description of the possible chemtrails across the Montana sky!

Quote from: valdez on December 29, 2012, 06:37:04 AM

I was impressed with Christopher Michael Langan, the smartest guy in America, or even the world, talking about reality, which is really the past, and how the future affects the present, which is the past, affected by the future, and Rob "loverboy" Simone did alright, but I wished he would have asked a few follow up questions on some of Langan's ideas on God and math.

I agree. I enjoyed last night's show, too. I applaud Simone for having a 'go to' list of people he'd like to interview, instead of the same old, same old. He did a good job, although I suspect he was a bit out of his depth when Langan began getting into reality and time, but being able to think on his feet while trying to digest concepts that need a lot of time to understand is what a talk show host is all about, and Simone did that.

I wondered where Art or Knapp would have gone with Langan, while being  thankful that Noory didn't do this interview or it would have been more of the same that he did with Lawrence Krauss, i.e "Do you believe in God?". He definitely would have been out of his depth and desperate to bring Langan down to where he could understand him and the interview would've sucked as a result. So, kudos to Simone for not doing that.

Nebraska888

Quote from: UnscreenedCaller on December 29, 2012, 02:26:27 PM
I agree. I enjoyed last night's show, too. I applaud Simone for having a 'go to' list of people he'd like to interview, instead of the same old, same old. He did a good job, although I suspect he was a bit out of his depth when Langan began getting into reality and time, but being able to think on his feet while trying to digest concepts that need a lot of time to understand is what a talk show host is all about, and Simone did that.

I wondered where Art or Knapp would have gone with Langan, while being  thankful that Noory didn't do this interview or it would have been more of the same that he did with Lawrence Krauss, i.e "Do you believe in God?". He definitely would have been out of his depth and desperate to bring Langan down to where he could understand him and the interview would've sucked as a result. So, kudos to Simone for not doing that.

Amen!  Noory would have irritated the d!#@$!#@$# out of Langan.  Langan seems to be a man who could grow quickly impatient with idiocy.  I think Art would have been similar to Simone in his "digesting" and still asking insightful questions.

Noory's:  THAT'S TRUE TOO just would NOT have sufficed in an interview of this depth.

Simone was very good! I would be happy if he replaced Jorch.

sleeplessinca

I liked Simone.  The guy has heart, has invested his life in a real way and seems still hungry to discover more.  He has Snoorzy beat by a mile.  He's a musician too.  I would like to see a host-off between the two. 

Snoorz' interview would have been crickets with the "smartest guy in the world".  I just don't think there is room for two - you know?  Sorry, but the guy irritated me a bit.  No sense of humor and mumbly about stuff that might not be second nature to us mere Mensans.

Watch out for the case of pizza rolls Simone - I understand anyone who challenges the captain is on notice....

sleeplessinca

I still like John B Wells' music the best though.  I may be dating myself but he pulls out stuff I haven't heard in such a long time.  We could spend a lot of time together spinning old tunes and him speaking to me with that crazy deep voice.  His interviews aren't bad either.

SnapT

I would like Rob Simone to be the weekday host and George Knapp and John B. Wells to be the weekend hosts.

But since Noory and Simone are like father and son, I doubt Robbie would do anything to upset dear old dad...