14 (45.2%)
No
6 (19.4%)
Undetermined
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Morgus

Quote from: b_dubb on December 05, 2011, 08:20:45 PM
also ... emerging artists needs to stop.  or jury them.  one of the country/western guys was just completely tone deaf.  that was really unpleasant.
yeah that country sounding guy was very painful.  :P

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on December 05, 2011, 08:20:45 PM
also ... emerging artists needs to stop.  or jury them.  one of the country/western guys was just completely tone deaf.  that was really unpleasant.

If anybody on his staff had the slightest bit of humor or candor...they'd play a "deep track" from the Beatles or Stones and tell George it was from "an emerging artist". There is no way that culturally illiterate goof Noory would ever know.

morphiaflow

Listened to a bit of the October Simone show where he filled in for Knapp at the last minute. I only got a little way in, stopped it at his interview with GN. (I'd forgotten all about that when I made my earlier comment.) I may be scaling back somewhat on my approval of Simone. I'm going to finish that episode and listen to the newer one too before I render final judgment. I'm going to do my utmost, though, to judge him objectively, and despite his apparent ties to Mr. Noory, not hold George's sins against him.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 06, 2011, 12:27:38 AM
     If anybody on his staff had the slightest bit of humor or candor...they'd play a "deep track" from the Beatles or Stones and tell George it was from "an emerging artist". There is no way that culturally illiterate goof Noory would ever know.

Well, they might if they thought George was listening.  Wouldn't even have to be that deep of a track...

Frys Girl

George Noory doesn't know anything about good music. He plays Red Skies every night, thinking "this is like Art's desert music." Even the segment that George Noory and Tommy do not produce, the music, is no good on this show. It's like they purposely want to screw everything up.

astroguy

Quote from: b_dubb on December 05, 2011, 08:03:05 PM
listening to the recent show with r simone.  i swear he just called the Nazca lines the Nascar lines.  i live in the South.  maybe listening to that Southern accent has warped my ability to understand proper annunciation

Nope, you are not mistaken.  The first time I heard it, I thought it was a slip of the tongue.  Then he repeated it over and over.  I used to be all for Simone.  I had some issues with him promoting the Bosnian pyramids and astrology, but I thought he was a decent host.  I really liked him with Hoagland 'cause I think - other than Art - he really questioned Hoagland the most of any other C2C host.  But then he let Alex Jones just take the reins in the first half hour, and then he kept saying "Nascar" instead of "Nazca."  I mean, seriously, it's a tiny nitpick, but it's a major flub in terms of preparing for your show.

Quote from: astroguy on December 07, 2011, 12:40:51 AM
... and then he kept saying "Nascar" instead of "Nazca."  I mean, seriously, it's a tiny nitpick, but it's a major flub in terms of preparing for your show.

He's going to have to work harder than that to top Noory's 'Shroud of Urine'.

Scully

Just finished listening to last night's (12/28) show, and found both guests and their topics annoying.  Probably not the host's choice, though.  Simone seemed competent enough for the most part, but his sing-song faux enthusiasm really bothers me. He also seems to be working under instructions to handle guests and callers with kid gloves.  Shades of Simple George.

Where oh where is a host with intelligence, intellectual curiosity, and a personality capable of engaging others with some kind of finesse?  :(

WOTR

Quote from: Scully on December 29, 2011, 04:31:22 AM
Just finished listening to last night's (12/28) show, and found both guests and their topics annoying.  Probably not the host's choice, though.  Simone seemed competent enough for the most part, but his sing-song faux enthusiasm really bothers me. He also seems to be working under instructions to handle guests and callers with kid gloves.  Shades of Simple George.
I know that my judgment has been skewered by too many "nights of Noory."  I realized this last night when I noticed a relief upon hearing Whitley and thought to myself "who is this man who is able to pronounce his words in an octave that does not sound forced?"  Later I had to turn him off- but to find simple relief that a host knows English and does not sound completely enthralled that he is able to speak in a low register is a very bad sign.

Having said that, I enjoyed Simone again tonight.  I will be turning off "mushroom man" as soon as I finish typing because I am sick of the subject and the guest; the host has been pretty good.  I have little doubt that 5 nights a week of Simone might lead me to dislike the forced enthusiasm; for now I will take forced enthusiasm over over Georges authentic boredom with every topic.

It could be that Simone was told to "tone it down" after a complaint from Hoagland when somebody actually dared to challenge him a little.  I really don't know- but I would like to hear a few more challenging questions and "digging" from Simone- I believe he is capable.  If his guests want to pose as experts in any field they should be able to answer questions and defend their positions.  Right now "mushroom man" is telling us how long and deeply he has studied religions and getting very defensive very quickly with questions; I don't think he would fare very well if Simone actually demanded answers.  I believe the guest may be a little unbalanced and fear the melt down if somebody told him he was full of it.

I figure the jury is still out- but he has more promise than most of the "temporary hosts" (or Wells.)

valdez

Just finished listening to last night's (12/28) show, and found both guests and their topics annoying..

What annoyed me was astrologist Linda Shurman and Simone fawning over the OWS movement.  Shurman predicted that in the next few years they'll gain some sort of coherency.  Really?  It took the Tea Party a year and a half to take controll of the House of Representives, and the best we can hope from OWS is coherency?  What about hygiene?  Jan Irvin thinks most of our religions came from people doing mushrooms.  Makes sense, but doubting that Jesus ever existed doesn't fly much around these parts.

...and then what?

Quote from: WOTR on December 29, 2011, 05:00:30 AM
... It could be that Simone was told to "tone it down" after a complaint from Hoagland when somebody actually dared to challenge him a little.  I really don't know- but I would like to hear a few more challenging questions and "digging" from Simone- I believe he is capable.  If his guests want to pose as experts in any field they should be able to answer questions and defend their positions...

Thuh show is not about yellin' an' screamin', it's about hiding George's disinterest in the subject matter and his inability to ask relevent questions and defend his views on the fly... er, it's non-argumentive and relaxed talk radio...

Ian learned that the hard way..

Lovely Bones

Where oh where is a host with intelligence, intellectual curiosity, and a personality capable of engaging others with some kind of finesse?  :(

a) retired in Parumpf (sp?)

b) relegated to 2 Sundays a month

c) down to 1 Sunday a month for health reasons

In. My. Opinion.

KnyeGuy

If Rob Simone actually challenged Dickie C, then I'll have to rethink my position on him. Up until hearing that I agree with some other opinions on here that he's a generic type of radio DJ.

At this point anyways, I'm just glad to listen when Noory isn't on...
C2C is not even close to what it used to be and there is probably no saving it. Damn I wish Noory would keep his 2012 retirement date.

valdez

Filing in for George, who went to get married, or something.  First guest, Nick Redfern on secret installations and such.  Routine stuff.  Then the return of Gerald Celente.  The last time he was on he was really pissed about losing some big bucks somewhere (MF Global, he explained tonight, were the rats who screwed him), screaming "there is no justice for the guys in the white shoes!"  Tonight he started out calm, but it didn't take long for him to go off on the "money junkies," and all the world's power brokers, and people with no "style."  I like him.  He's passionate.  He should have a tv show.  He's a little soft on Iran, but what the heck.  "They're keeping the news out of the news," was my favorite line of the night.  Simone was ok, didn't do any harm.  Reminds me of one of those "..this song goes out to..." type radio folks.

Gerald Celente photo
c e l e n t e

WOTR

I kind of like Celente (though he is a perma-bull when it comes to gold.)  I suppose that even when I don't agree with him, he has passion, a long history and some interesting points.  I have heard way too many stories of MF global, and his ranks up there with some of the worst.  When segregated funds go missing, the customers end up screwed and nobody is held accountable it makes you think.

He said that MF Global will undermine trust in the exchanges; I disagree.  I heard the same argument made when the government screwed the bondholders of the automakers.  In both cases, it should make people think carefully about the security (and insecurity of their investments.)  Instead, people will realize that there are really no safe options and it will be "business as usual."

Has anybody followed MF Global?  I wish Celente would have explained some of the really horrid decisions that had been made.  The bankruptcy trustee will be taking around $900 per billable hour from the funds.  They sought (and received) permission to continue transfers and trading (which may be fine) but also got the courts to grant inter-company claims superior status over segregated customer deposits (completely unheard of.)

I had to look up the two articles because I know it is hard to believe.  I also know that most people don't care that much.  The last article allows MFGI (not bankrupt) to "loan" cash to MF Global (bankrupt.)  Nice.  I wonder if they will allow me to keep assets separated between "bankrupt" and "non-bankrupt" and allow me to transfer cash between them if I ever go under?

29. To ensure that each individual Debtor will not, at the expense of its creditors, fund the operations of another Debtor entity…all intercompany claims against a Debtor by another Debtor arising after the Petition Date as a result of intercompany transactions and allocations (“Postpetition Intercompany Claims”) be accorded superiority status

and

30. In addition, in connection with their role under the Cash Management System facilitating the operations of the non-Debtor affiliates, the Debtors may, in the ordinary course of business, periodically infuse capital into certain of their subsidiaries and affiliates, including non-Debtor non-U.S. affiliates. These infusions of capital generally are accomplished through the making of intercompany loans. The Debtors use repayments of such loans as a tax efficient method of managing cash throughout their worldwide business enterprise. Because the non-Debtor affiliates are part of the same group of affiliated entities as the Debtors, the entirety of intercompany transactions among Debtors and non-Debtor affiliates alike remain within the spectrum of the debtors control.

El Kragen

Quote from: valdez on January 06, 2012, 06:12:02 AM
     Gerald Celente.... screaming "there is no justice for the guys in the white shoes!" 

lol...Did we ever figure out what that meant? I love that line but have no idea what it means.

Lovely Bones

He's a little soft on Iran

Ya think?  I got so ticked off by his position on Iran I couldn't listen to anything else he had to say. 

QuoteSimone was ok, didn't do any harm.

I was okay with Simone in the first hour with Redfern.  Rob speaks in complete, sometimes even complex, sentences, so he's way ahead of Noory.  But he refused even to play Devil's Advocate with Celente on Iran. 

aldousburbank

Filing in for George, who went to get married, or something.
Gerald Celente photo
c e l e n t e

Heh, happy honeymoon George and Tommy. 
Anyhoo, I thought Celente was fun, and well intentioned.  Too bad most 'Mericans shall heareth him not.  Why couldn't George learn from Simone and just shut up and not say shit like "absolutely" every minute?  Hearing Snoory vomit one of his taped commercials between Simone segments placed George's suckyness in high relief, like salt water on a forgotten wound.  George is a dessicated little piece of vulture dooky.  Over.

BobGrau

he's too busy moderating CoastGab.

(angling for extra suck-up points)

stevesh

I like Celente, but then, I like listening to Alex Jones. I think of Celente as 'Jones Lite'.

Simone is starting to grow on me, but he's no George Knapp. (He might be a John Wells, though.)

Gassy Man

Celente is articulate and passionate, somewhat well read and occasionally right, so I always like listening to him.  But Rob "I'm Muzak Incarnate" Simone is just so boring -- and he demonstrated his ignorance of the history of the show through several introductions of Celente that suggested that this was the first time the guy has ever been on . . . I've also noticed that Simone has this weird habit of babbling to build up to some point and then rushing the point in a few words.

Corona Kitty

I'm not a fan of Rob Simone, I prefer the other hosts... and No I also dislike Wells.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: valdez on January 06, 2012, 06:12:02 AM[Celente was] screaming "there is no justice for the guys in the white shoes!"
Quote from: El Kragen on January 06, 2012, 08:27:58 AMlol...Did we ever figure out what that meant? I love that line but have no idea what it means.
It refers obviously to the High Rollers, the Monied Class.  And I think it's specifically meant to evoke an F. Scott Fitzgerald image of "the Swells" circa 1928.

jinwicked

Rob Simone does not make me want to bash my face in. Verdict: tolerable.

Morgus

Rob Simone's first hour guest was good last night, but Celente gets boring after an hour or so.
Should have had Celente for the first hour guest and went with the more interesting secret underground bases guest for the main 3 hours.

Gassy Man

I wrote in another thread that I actually like listening to Gerald Celente -- despite, perhaps, the fact that he has Larry Fine's voice and Edith Bunker's accent -- but not everyone feels that way.  I do disagree with him on more than a few points, such as his cliched conservative diatribes about "worthless college degrees." As a college professor who long ago argued for permission from an undergraduate academic counselor to take a "worthless" course (that's how it was done back in those days) and now has built a successful career around its principles, I know that it's not the degree of study but the passion and fortune of the person studying it that determines success.  But some of Celente's points seem fairly straight on with not the least of them being that the interweaving of so many tenuous financial systems is a bad thing.  What does everyone think?  Which "F" is he, or is there another one that should apply?   

Gassy Man

He does seem pretty negative, Eddie, and there's almost nothing he says that's optimistic -- on another note, I may have posted this in the wrong forum.  Sorry!  Michael, could you move it to its proper home, please?  Thanks!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Gassy Man on January 06, 2012, 11:43:07 PM
He does seem pretty negative, Eddie, and there's almost nothing he says that's optimistic -- on another note, I may have posted this in the wrong forum.  Sorry!  Michael, could you move it to its proper home, please?  Thanks!
I'm extraordinarily cynical, pessimistic...but Celente taxes my nerves. The Cassandras who've been predicting "The Fall of America" since the Hayes Administration. From Corsi on down, it's just tiresome after awhile...and I don't care anymore.

Vatar

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 07, 2012, 12:01:17 AM
    I'm extraordinarily cynical, pessimistic...but Celente taxes my nerves. The Cassandras who've been predicting "The Fall of America" since the Hayes Administration. From Corsi on down, it's just tiresome after awhile...and I don't care anymore.

Eddie you make auschwitz seem like a cheery place.