14 (45.2%)
No
6 (19.4%)
Undetermined
11 (35.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on December 21, 2013, 05:30:56 AM
I'm just very glad it's not Noory.  I always hate it when Noory makes it sound as if he's doing everybody a big favor by filling in.  Hell, he doesn't even show up for his own regularly scheduled shows.

God, sooooo true!   ;D

aldousburbank

Quote from: ItsOver on December 21, 2013, 05:30:56 AM
I always hate it when Noory makes it sound as if he's doing everybody a big favor by filling in.  Hell, he doesn't even show up for his own regularly scheduled shows.
He's clearly trying to imitate MV.

ZHero

Quote from: DanTSX on December 19, 2013, 10:10:17 PM
I liked Rob Simone

And, for God's sake, He looks like he might young enough to pick out some bumper music that was made in the past 20 years!

Nebraska888

I enjoy Simone.......he's so much better than Noory or JBW.......let's give him a chance and see what transpires IF he is given more programs.

;)

georgesucks

Children's Past Lives
Sun 12-22

Guest host Rob Simone (email) is joined by reincarnation and past life expert, Dr. Jim Tucker, who'll discuss a number of extraordinary children who have memories of past lives, and the persuasive evidence in these cases.

First Hour: Founder of the Heart of the Healer Alliance, Oscar Miro-Quesada, talks about shamanic wisdom.

Tonights show.

DanTSX

This guest thinks he is is one of those Shamen types. :o

These guys all talk the same.  Like they are imitating a hollywood stereotype.

You can hear him start speaking normally, and not like an old indian chief from central casting every so often.

Rob Simone is a decent enough host, but his guests tonight aren't very intriguing to me. That shaman sounded like he had a full frontal lobotomy before the interview. 

Quote from: DanTSX on December 23, 2013, 12:27:18 AM
This guest thinks he is is one of those Shamen types. :o

These guys all talk the same.  Like they are imitating a hollywood stereotype.

You can hear him start speaking normally, and not like an old indian chief from central casting every so often.

You speak 'em strange words paleface. I know nothing of this central casting.

coaster

I'm enjoying the show but these commercial breaks are annoying as hell. For the last few  minutes some woman with a grating voice has been listing off award nominees..No one gives the tiniest shit.

EBE123

Rob sounds like he should be hosting gardening show on NPR.

coaster

Another commercial break? wtf

Sambo

Is Rob the one who got Hoagland in to a fit one night? Some temp host got Richard really going because he challenge Hoagland's information as interpretive and not fact. This was at least a few years ago

Sambo

https://m.facebook.com/RichardC.Hoagland/posts/10150879057780089

Yup it was Rob. All Rob did was challenge the interpretation of RCHs whack talk lol. I enjoyed hearing RCH get all twisted. Art Bell does the same thing in his queries, but perhaps a little more conniving so that the guest doesn't know Art thinks they are full of shit

Sambo

Quote from: WOTR on October 17, 2011, 02:15:22 AM
I have to say that I only heard around 1/2 of the interview with Richard C Hoagland tonight and was thrilled.  It really was classic coast with a crackpot guest who can tie anything and everything into his personal theory and a host who lets him run with it.  Simone almost baited Hoagland a few times by using phrases such as "your theory" and "your ideas" to get him riled up into proclaiming that it is all fact and based strictly on science.  Hoagland trying to talk over Simone and accusing him of not paying enough attention.  Tying occupy Wall street and 2012 into the comet... He just let the crackpot go off in every direction; this show deserves to be named a classic and if you get the chance I would recommend a listen to the show.

Regrettably, it appears the next half is going to be an attempted plug for good old Noory's new book; but based on the first half I will probably listen.

Why, oh why can't we get Knapp and Simone as our main hosts with Ian as a fill-in?  Listening to a man who can pronounce words and knows off the top of his head where the Gregorian calendar originated gives so much more to the show.  (For the record- Hoagland managed to work in that the Catholic church created the calendar to coincide with Allenine {sp?} after Simone pointed out the origins.)

Feel free to tell me that I am wrong.  I just have not really enjoyed the show for quite awhile and tonight has been good.  Heck, I haven't even been drinking.

Lol I want to hear this show again

Sambo

Thanks but I'm not a member. Lol

EBE123

Quote from: Sambo on December 23, 2013, 02:23:34 AM
Thanks but I'm not a member. Lol
Neither am I. Waste of moneys. lol

expat

Quote from: Sambo on December 23, 2013, 01:42:26 AM
Is Rob the one who got Hoagland in to a fit one night? Some temp host got Richard really going because he challenge Hoagland's information as interpretive and not fact. This was at least a few years ago

It was 16 Oct 2011. I reviewed it at the time:
http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-of-hoagland-on-coast-to-coast-am.html

Hoagland on FB the next day: "George Noory may have me back on this week, to "make up" for the overt "rudeness" of his guest-host last night."

ROFL

b_dubb

a characteristic that Coast crackpot guests tend to share is that they have their world changing idea and then gather evidence to support their idea.  this is the EXACT OPPOSITE of how true scientific inquiry works. 

Hoagland might be the worst, most obvious example of this

ItsOver

Quote from: expat on December 23, 2013, 09:25:16 AM
http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-of-hoagland-on-coast-to-coast-am.html

Hoagland on FB the next day: "George Noory may have me back on this week, to "make up" for the overt "rudeness" of his guest-host last night."

ROFL

Hahaha... RCH loves having a host who's either taking a nap or playing Pong.

Sambo

Quote from: expat on December 23, 2013, 09:25:16 AM

ROFL

lol Nice

Simone respectfully challenged Hoagie.. It surprised him then. I forgot about that.

Anyone catch how Simone called himself the Rogue Coast host and said he was sitting in for Knapp? He also seemed to reintroduce himself as though he may be, well...the permanent occasional Sunday host

I may be stating the obvious, but if you sign up for stitcher on your iPhone you can hear recent coast-to-coast show for free (without commercials).

Scully

Listening to Simone hosting instead of Jorch or Wells was pure pleasure for me.  If there is any justice in this world, Simone will start filling in for Snoory instead of Wells. Comforting to contemplate.  :)

Nebraska888

Quote from: Scully on December 24, 2013, 04:14:01 AM
Listening to Simone hosting instead of Jorch or Wells was pure pleasure for me.  If there is any justice in this world, Simone will start filling in for Snoory instead of Wells. Comforting to contemplate.  :)

I agree......and, Simone is interested in the "stuff" that Coast was intended to discuss.  Also, unlike Noory, he can conduct a good interview!  I think Simone, if given the opportunity, could develop into a great Coast host.

georgesucks

Interesting topic tonight. I actually want to see the guest's video.
All of these guys-Simon, Schrader, Syrett-are bringing new life to Coast to Coast.

Ben Shockley

I like Simone too.
But he has Noorescent qualities that should not be overlooked.
Does anyone remember the time (documented in here, somewhere) when he repeatedly in one night pronounced "Nazca" (as in "lines") as "NASCAR?"  We wrote of it here and people re-listened and agreed that's what he was saying.
That's true Noorishness.
I like him, but beware.

Ben Shockley

correct me if I heard it wrong:
In preaching the importance of "33" and 33 degrees of Earth Latitude...

the guest CLAIMED that every U.S. state other than Texas had it's death chamber (for criminal executions) on the 33rd parallel.   WHAT? ? ?

Did I hallucinate that?   Whatever I heard, Simone didn't challenge it.