• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Drosnin and the bible code

Started by ringthane, November 02, 2010, 02:27:19 AM

ringthane

I find this to be a pretty fascinating topic but the guest just doesn't delve into specificity, which is amazing considering Drosnin is an atheist and a journalist. The only real 'prediction' we get is the possibility of assassination and terror attacks. Gee Michael, ya think?

George didn't butcher the interview, but again he doesn't question the guest on their methodologies. He just accepts it prima facie.

The big gaping hole in the bible code and similar esoterica -- it's easy to go back to a source text (Nostradamus, book of revelation, etc) and after an 'event', find a pattern in the text to prove there was precognitive mumbo jumbo going on.

Yawn. Whatever.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ringthane on November 02, 2010, 02:27:19 AM
I find this to be a pretty fascinating topic but the guest just doesn't delve into specificity, which is amazing considering Drosnin is an atheist and a journalist. The only real 'prediction' we get is the possibility of assassination and terror attacks. Gee Michael, ya think?

George didn't butcher the interview, but again he doesn't question the guest on their methodologies. He just accepts it prima facie.

The big gaping hole in the bible code and similar esoterica -- it's easy to go back to a source text (Nostradamus, book of revelation, etc) and after an 'event', find a pattern in the text to prove there was precognitive mumbo jumbo going on.

Yawn. Whatever.
i heard drosnin on with art a few years ago talking about his howard hughes book.  i found the man to be PROFOUNDLY annoying.  he incessantly interrupted while art was speaking, to the point of making the interview very uncomfortable.  the guy appears to have absolutely no social skills whatsoever.

ringthane

Quote from: MV on November 02, 2010, 03:18:17 AM
Quote from: ringthane on November 02, 2010, 02:27:19 AM

Yawn. Whatever.
i heard drosnin on with art a few years ago talking about his howard hughes book.  i found the man to be PROFOUNDLY annoying.  he incessantly interrupted while art was speaking, to the point of making the interview very uncomfortable.  the guy appears to have absolutely no social skills whatsoever.

He did the same thing with a caller tonight. A listener tried challenging Drosnin on a particular view and Drosnin simply shut him down. George was occupied with his coloring book and simply let the two speak over each other for the duration of the call.

Was this the guy who was on the other night? I caught a few minutes of some Bible Code program a couple of nights ago as I was driving around late. If this is the guy who was on Monday night then he struck me as a intelligent con-man praying on people's fears and exploiting peoples' religious bullshit. I was actually hoping someone would talk about that program as I remember just being unbelievably irritated by the bullshit flying in that program and turning it off within a few minutes of turning it on.

b_dubb

bible code bullshit.  however, my new book on how there's an evil cabal trying to conceal the fact that the earth is actually flat is totally on the level.  totally

EvB

Quote from: b_dubb on November 04, 2010, 10:25:10 AM
bible code bullshit.  however, my new book on how there's an evil cabal trying to conceal the fact that the earth is actually flat is totally on the level.  totally

Send me advance copy and I'll publish a review ;-)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on November 04, 2010, 05:08:00 PM
Quote from: b_dubb on November 04, 2010, 10:25:10 AM

Send me advance copy and I'll publish a review ;-)
and i will read it, cover to cover, live on the stream.