CNN.com
3 (4.3%)
George Noory
10 (14.3%)
Other source
38 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 22, 2012, 05:15:27 PM
What's worse for the country, someone that doesn't believe in personal achievement and responsibilty ('You didn't build that'), or someone saying something stupid that was actually likely a misstatement?

What politicians should resign, the ones like Congressman Bill Jefferson that keeps $100k bribes in bills in their freezers, people like Barney Frank that kept a boyfriend living in his house turning tricks during the day, or this guy?  What about all the stuff Bill Clinton said and did, or people brimming with hate like Ted Kennedy was?

I'm all for getting rid of idiots, phonies, and criminals, but why always the double standard?  Compare/contrast the comments and related treatment of Biden and Palin the past 4 years.  Or Obama himself when he gets off the teleprompter.
Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 23, 2012, 02:25:16 AM

The direction this has taken is that any D can say any stupid or asinine or inflamitory or rascist or belittleing thing imaginible - and do it routinely with little notice at all, no lie is ever too low, no name calling is ever beyond the pale, but anything an R ever says, any misstatement, anything that someone somewhere doesn't agree with is immediately made into headlines that literally stretch across years.  People are beyond tired of the double standard.  If that is truly incomprehensible, then fine.

It has little to do with this particular Congressman or his dumb comment.  As if he is going to the Senate and singlehandedly change the entire way this country treats women - sheesh, the absurdity here is thinking that could possibly be the case.
Do you even read this stuff before you post?  You decry double standards, and bemoan Dems for stupid, assisine, inflammatory and racist comments, criminal acts, and out and out hatred.  But your guy - that was a "misstatement". 
Thanks for being so even handed.  Fair and balanced, you might say.

Eddie Coyle

In all seriousness, the Secret Service should be under serious fire for letting that meat-headed pizza shop owner bear hug Obama. Isn't there a screening process beforehand and a list of protocols telling people what they can and can't do with the president? That was really incredibly inappropriate and creepy. And the moose probably outweighed Obama by 100 pounds, so if ill intent was on the guy's mind...

Juan

ziznak

He was told 45 minutes before the Prez got there apparently so I'm guessing the meat-head spent that time flip-flopping between plain bearhug or bearhug to suplex?  chokeslam?

Watching the clip it seems like dude really didn't know what to do until Bama pointed out his beefyness... which gave rise to the little shoulder bumps and the bicep comparisons.  Next step is always bearhug at that point.  Then the only question is "do I just put his lil skinny ass down or do something even more drastic?"  I figured the second Bams feet left the ground we'd see a bunch of ear-radio thugs come out of the woodwork but nah...

probly set up.

Bamy's PR calls 45 minutes before and tells pizza-boy to "do something entertaining with the pres... make him come off like he's just one of the guys at the pizza shop... I got it!! you work out n shit! why don't ya horse around with him ya know maybe get a little physical.  It's cool we'll let the thugs know not to double tap your ass."   

Zircon

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on August 23, 2012, 09:13:49 PM
Do you even read this stuff before you post?  You decry double standards, and bemoan Dems for stupid, assisine, inflammatory and racist comments, criminal acts, and out and out hatred.  But your guy - that was a "misstatement". 
Thanks for being so even handed.  Fair and balanced, you might say.

Hey, stop sniffing the bryle cream, that goop in your hair is pressuring your brain.

So just what do you mean when you utter this - "inflammatory ... racist comments ... out and out hatred".  Is criticizing a black man, elected or not, out of bounds? Is the man P*B spoke of an ass hole or is he not?

You don't have a problem leveling an insult at those who bring shit like this guy did to light. At the same time you don't have anything to say about the main stream media for ignoring/protecting/allowing this without reporting on it.

So who is the racist? The guy expecting this jerk off to be held to the same standards as everyone else or the one who thinks, because he is black, we have to go silent and allow this shit to go unreported. You fucking liberals are so fucking conflicted and hypocritical. Geez! It is truly sad.

Sardondi

The US Ambassador to Libya was killed last night during an attack on the US embassy in Benghazi. http://abcnews.go.com/International/US-ambassador-libya-christopher-stevens-killed-consulate-attack-benghazi/story?id=17215154#.UFCT2FEkUr0

I've seen one report that said Ambassador Christopher Stephens was suffocated to death while in a vehicle during an attempt to move him from the embassy which was no longer defensible. At least two US marines have been killed "during the attack" so it's unclear if they were killed attempting to protect the ambassador or otherwise.

*EDIT*  Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where this was posted. It clearly doesn't need to be in "Hosts".

MV, can you move this to an appropriate spot?

Zircon

Sardondi, this constitutes an act of war on the United States since the US Embassy is the sovereign territory of the United States. Hillary is soooo upset !!!

Sardondi

Quote from: Zircon on September 12, 2012, 08:51:40 AM
Sardondi, this constitutes an act of war on the United States since the US Embassy is the sovereign territory of the United States. Hillary is soooo upset !!!

Of course it does. It was an act of war when a mob attacked our embassy (don't forget Egypt too). But the killing of an ambassador is a we're-sending-the Sixth-Fleet-to-anchor-off-Tripoli-and-will-begin-a-week-of-atacks-tomorrow-so-get-your-shrouds-together act of war.

But how in hell did an ambassador get killed and there not be 300 dead attackers? Something tells me that the State Department told the marines that under no circumstances could they fire their weapons. If so, God help them. Prepare to hear some lies and ass-covering.   

Also, I've heard the Administration is so pissed that the Obama Doctrine will be invoked, and a drone will blow up a goat herd. Yep, you show 'em, Barry O.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Sardondi on September 12, 2012, 11:34:38 AM
Yep, you show 'em, Barry O.
Guy-Behind-Sardondi as write-in Repub candidate, 2012.
YOU GO, LAW-AND-ORDER DUDE!!  KILL 'EM ALL, LET YOUR SKY DADDY SORT 'EM OUT !!

I know hyphens suck for the average reader.  I can't help 'em.

MV/Liberace!

i saw this story as i was looking at google news a few minutes ago.  i can't believe the bias in both the headline and the first line of the story.  i was shocked as i kept reading to learn that this is apparently not supposed to be perceived as an opinion piece.  well then.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on September 12, 2012, 09:09:54 PM
i saw this story as i was looking at google news a few minutes ago.  i can't believe the bias in both the headline and the first line of the story.  i was shocked as i kept reading to learn that this is apparently not supposed to be perceived as an opinion piece.  well then.
And "The Australian" is a...Rupert Murdoch product. Yuck.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 12, 2012, 09:15:23 PM
       And "The Australian" is a...Rupert Murdoch product. Yuck.

figures. 

Marc.Knight

Of course it does. It was an act of war when a mob attacked our embassy (don't forget Egypt too). But the killing of an ambassador is a we're-sending-the Sixth-Fleet-to-anchor-off-Tripoli-and-will-begin-a-week-of-atacks-tomorrow-so-get-your-shrouds-together act of war.

But how in hell did an ambassador get killed and there not be 300 dead attackers? Something tells me that the State Department told the marines that under no circumstances could they fire their weapons. If so, God help them. Prepare to hear some lies and ass-covering.   

Also, I've heard the Administration is so pissed that the Obama Doctrine will be invoked, and a drone will blow up a goat herd. Yep, you show 'em, Barry O.

The lunatics know that Obama will do nothing about this but thrust his ass in the air even higher as he bows to the nearest bloodied Imam.

Marc.Knight

This "rift" might be Obama just being incompetent, but it could also be a ruse where the US apparently distances itself to allow Israel to take action while the US avoids much of the blame. 

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/11/13809137-us-israel-rift-over-iran-widens-obama-denies-netanyahu-asked-for-meeting?lite

The General

That's a shame.  Obvious bias.  And it's a shame about Wilders, too.  He's a hero of mine.

Zircon

This particular facility was not protected by a contingent of Marines. It was up to the local government to provide security. So, you can just imagine how well they protected the place.

Those two Navy destroyers are just "image" and to probably drop off the additional marines in Tripoli. They one that was sacked is now abandoned.

It is an act of war - notice how Obama, once he made his "we're pissed" statement, turned his back and took no questions - even when asked "An Act of War?". But he was really tough in Las Vegas in front of all those Las Vegas show girls stacked behind him for the TV photo extravaganza! What a man!

Pragmier

Video of Bulgarian politician assassination attempt. The gun appears to jam - luckiest day in his life.

http://us.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c4#/video/world/2013/01/19/vo-failed-assassination-attempt-bulgaria.tv-7-bulgaria

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Pragmier on January 22, 2013, 11:29:56 AM
Video of Bulgarian politician assassination attempt. The gun appears to jam - luckiest day in his life.

http://us.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c4#/video/world/2013/01/19/vo-failed-assassination-attempt-bulgaria.tv-7-bulgaria
False flag to take away...

Just kidding.

ziznak

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 22, 2013, 11:34:03 AM

Just kidding.
It wasnt so much the gun jam but the half assed awkward beat down that followed that had me laughing.  Have you ever seen a bunch of non-tough guys get put on the spot with a real deal justified beat down oportunity and totally blow it by throwing gay punches and sissy kicks like a gaggle of little girls????

Pragmier

Quote from: ziznak on January 22, 2013, 12:04:20 PM
It wasnt so much the gun jam but the half assed awkward beat down that followed that had me laughing.  Have you ever seen a bunch of non-tough guys get put on the spot with a real deal justified beat down oportunity and totally blow it by throwing gay punches and sissy kicks like a gaggle of little girls? ???

No shit! Not exactly inspiring work there by the "security detail", if that's who they were.

Pragmier

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 22, 2013, 11:34:03 AM

Just kidding.

What's this world coming to when guns malfunction and there's no carnage !?  ;D

Oh and the correct answer to the poll is all of the above.

Marc.Knight

Interesting how "pro-European pragmatism" means "open borders" for Muslims to leave the hellish countries they've created to create hellish enclaves in the EU.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc knight on January 23, 2013, 08:28:56 AM

Interesting how "pro-European pragmatism" means "open borders" for Muslims to leave the hellish countries they've created to create hellish enclaves in the EU.

i really do believe europeans are possibly the dumbest collection of humanity on the planet.  it seems like each generation or two, they HAVE to find a new way to lead themselves to slaughter.  absolutely no sense of self preservation among those people whatsoever.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on January 23, 2013, 11:51:46 AM

i really do believe europeans are possibly the dumbest collection of humanity on the planet.  it seems like each generation or two, they HAVE to find a new way to lead themselves to slaughter.  absolutely no sense of self preservation among those people whatsoever.

France is possibly the absolute worst.  I think their action in Mali is a subconscious projection of what they want to do in their own over-run country.  A tourist will be shocked today to find hundreds of "no go" zones where police will not enter for fear of a bloodbath from the Islamic residents. 

France Seeks to Reclaim 'No-Go' Zones

http://europenews.dk/en/node/57694

Marc.Knight

There is no question that society benefits from the inclusion of women in all aspects of employment and the workplace.  HOWEVER, anyone (like myself) who went through rigorous training at Ft. Benning and other training posts frequently witnessed most of the women fall out of running exercises early, and usually ended up crying in the fetal position in the road.  This stuff never gets to the press, and probably never gets communicated to civilian directors of the military.  While I met one or two tough-minded women who could do what the average man could do in the Army, that was the exception. 

More importantly, the Army trainers turned a blind eye to the women who were crying and giving up.  If a man did that he was on a plane back to Mama the next morning.  The door to women actually having to do the most rigorous and demanding jobs in the Army is now open, let's just hope that they really have to meet the standards that men have met to get there.

onan

Quote from: Marc knight on January 25, 2013, 09:00:32 AM
There is no question that society benefits from the inclusion of women in all aspects of employment and the workplace.  HOWEVER, anyone (like myself) who went through rigorous training at Ft. Benning and other training posts frequently witnessed most of the women fall out of running exercises early, and usually ended up crying in the fetal position in the road.  This stuff never gets to the press, and probably never gets communicated to civilian directors of the military.  While I met one or two tough-minded women who could do what the average man could do in the Army, that was the exception. 

More importantly, the Army trainers turned a blind eye to the women who were crying and giving up.  If a man did that he was on a plane back to Mama the next morning.  The door to women actually having to do the most rigorous and demanding jobs in the Army is now open, let's just hope that they really have to meet the standards that men have met to get there.
I am under the impression that Israeli women do a pretty good job at the bad ass in their military. Perhaps I am wrong. It speaks for itself, some people can't do certain jobs due to physical limitations. Looking at it from my perspective, women can be every bit as emotionally strong as a man and many times are more mature. then again I would not bet on a 110 lb woman against a 180 lb man in a fight... unless the man was blind.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: onan on January 25, 2013, 09:38:19 AM
I am under the impression that Israeli women do a pretty good job at the bad ass in their military. Perhaps I am wrong. It speaks for itself, some people can't do certain jobs due to physical limitations. Looking at it from my perspective, women can be every bit as emotionally strong as a man and many times are more mature. then again I would not bet on a 110 lb woman against a 180 lb man in a fight... unless the man was blind.

Israel touts "equality" in combat positions, but if you read a little further you discover dramatic differences in expectations and standards as applied to men and women.

Sardondi

Quote from: onan on January 25, 2013, 09:38:19 AM

Israel has this policy because with its tiny population it literally has no other choice. And as you recognize Israel has some limitations on the missions women may undertake...the hardest, bloodies, dirtiest ones. 

What is wrong...and so craven...about this administration's move to put women into "combat" is that it's absolutely backwards: it wasn't implemented with our defense needs or the realities of combat in mind; it was put into play for the purely political reasons of pandering to the professional feminist activist class who see the issue only as one about the so-called "glass-ceiling". So now women will get make-believe "combat commands" (if anyone believe there is no double standard benefiting women in the military's physical demands, or that physical qualifications haven't been "dumbed down" for women, they're crazy or ignoring the plain evidence).

What will happen is women will get the air-conditioned, push-button "combat" jobs. The men, who more and more are becoming the underclass "Morlocks" not just in the military but in American society in general, will do the grunt work where all the sweating, puking, shitting, bleeding, killing and dying is done...but it will all be "equal" don't you know. And guess where the stars will go. Because we have to be "equal". And after all, the women will have served in "combat" just like those men; and the men just did those low-intelligence slave-type jobs, but they're so happy singing their songs and doing their dances. Best to let the more capable women run the military things along with the those intellectuals on the political side, because neither will be tainted by actual blood and killing.

This whole move is all about the stars and who gets them. Craven assholes.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Sardondi on January 25, 2013, 04:16:26 PM
The men, who more and more are becoming the underclass "Morlocks" not just in the military but in American society in general,

Sad, but absolutely on the mark.