• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Hautex

DirecTV customer "service" sucks.... In 1 series of attempts (1.25 hrs) to contact a customer rep in the USA, I travelled the world! In Mexico the guy wanted my social security number (supv told me they should never ask for that), the gal in the Philippines says it was not possible to reach USA customer service at all, and finally reached the USA rep who  took off a charge that was, supposedly, already removed 6 months ago (but wasn't), then automatically tried to renew a 2 year commitment for doing it. Scum bag corporation that puts it's employees in a steaming pile of theft and deception practices.

coaster

6:40 pm on a Saturday, a beautiful day that was in the 70's and I am bored as hell. Yet I have no energy to do anything. It is going to be one of those meh nights.

akwilly

I haven't had a hair cut by a professional in about 7 months and I have have been using my dogs trimmer to shave with

Quote from: coaster on February 27, 2016, 06:42:05 PM
6:40 pm on a Saturday, a beautiful day that was in the 70's and I am bored as hell. Yet I have no energy to do anything. It is going to be one of those meh nights.

Why don't you reorganize your closet? I've been meaning to get to mine, but I'm always doing something or other or working, so I never get the chance. You'll get rid of clutter and might find a new pair of shoes that you forgot you had. That's happened to me.

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on February 27, 2016, 06:47:53 PM
I haven't had a hair cut by a professional in about 7 months and I have have been using my dogs trimmer to shave with
Nice, watch out for fleas. Kidding. I got a trimmer that had dented box, so priced down, for $7, a few years ago and with less hair these days it does the job. Hint, mirror is good so you can see back, if you ever are doing it yourself. And guard should be used sparingly, you can always go shorter. Another hint: don't do while drunk.
Another hint: I had a Greek barber as a kid who told me wearing a hat would make you bald. WTF? So far not true (that much) but I didn't wear a hat much except in sports. Of course, didn't know then, I should've told him that wearing a hat also will help you not get skin cancer! (Not that I got it, thankfully, knock wood.)

Well, a dollar saved is a dollar earned. Forget professional hairdressers, just get yourself a Flobee.

coaster

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on February 27, 2016, 06:52:29 PM
Why don't you reorganize your closet? I've been meaning to get to mine, but I'm always doing something or other or working, so I never get the chance. You'll get rid of clutter and might find a new pair of shoes that you forgot you had. That's happened to me.
There are a few things I'd like to sort out and clean up, but that requires moving. That just requires too much dedication right now.
I never pay for hair cuts. Clippers work just fine. Takes me about five minutes.

onan

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on February 27, 2016, 06:55:01 PM
Well, a dollar saved is a dollar earned. Forget professional hairdressers, just get yourself a Flobee.

I worked with a doc that used one of those... oh, you could tell.

analog kid

I haven't had my hair cut by a professional since the 80s. I've used head clippers.

analog kid

Not Empty Residence, with Tanny Danner, Joel, and Uncle Jeffery

GravitySucks

After Apollo 12 got struck by lightening...

(John Aaron was the second NASA manager I had at JSC, and one of the most intelligent people I have ever met. I enjoyed working with him on the early Shuttle flights)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3udbeh_sce-to-aux_tv

whoozit

I am alarmed at the number of people around me with Christmas decorations still up. I am even more concerned with the number of those that are still on every night.

pate

I feel I have been robbed.

At great risk to myself, I must post this:

Quote from: pate
Quote from: Mr. TurdNuggets on February 29, 2016, 04:57:13 PM
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that?

I have taken the liberty of having this free online text-to-speech robot voice reader transpate this for everyone having difficulties with this clear as day soliloquy:

http://tts.imtranslator.net/YCeK

Give it a second to properly load the subtle nuanced inflections that you will need to hear for it to be enjoyed in it's full audible glory...

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 29, 2016, 05:48:46 PM
Does Pate have a cousin in Latvia?

He's Chinese, I took the liberty of getting that translated into the orginal Chinese, you haven't heard Cousin Nuggets until you've heard him in the original Klingon Chinese:

http://tts.imtranslator.net/YCeM

I approve of this thread, Not Sure why?

I cringe in anticipation of the dreaded ban-hammer...  But felt this nugget of randomness might have merit for future generations.

'pologies

zeebo

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on February 27, 2016, 06:55:01 PM

I loved how a couple years later, presumably after sales dipped, they rebranded it as the "Pet Flobee", which I think was basically the same thing, but now only good enough for the family pets.

analog kid

You can temporarily relieve your tinnitus by pinching your earlobes. It lasts the better part of a day, as far as I can tell.

There's also this remedy, which may be better, though I haven't tried it.

whoozit

I'm finally getting to see Alien in a theater tonight.  Only 37 years after my mom promised to take me.  Then she saw the Siskel and Ebert review and bailed.  I let her know that starting tonight she can sleep a little easier.

Quote from: whoozit on March 03, 2016, 02:41:32 PM
I'm finally getting to see Alien in a theater tonight.  Only 37 years after my mom promised to take me.  Then she saw the Siskel and Ebert review and bailed.  I let her know that starting tonight she can sleep a little easier.

Dude!   You did it all wrong man.   I told my Mom I was going to see the Muppet Movie, bought my tix and turned left when I should have turned right.   Had nightmares for like a week afterwards but it was *totally* worth it.   ::) 

whoozit

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 03, 2016, 02:58:17 PM
Dude!   You did it all wrong man.   I told my Mom I was going to see the Muppet Movie, bought my tix and turned left when I should have turned right.   Had nightmares for like a week afterwards but it was *totally* worth it.   ::)
I was too young to come up with that plan then, but did start using it a few years later.

coaster

It is absolutely beautiful outside. Spring is here for Nebraska. I appreciate good weather and I hope you folks do too. I bought two big bags of sunflower seeds, and the yard is full of squirrels and birds. It really is quite something. I'm gonna go for a walk and shake off this drunken stupor. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 04, 2016, 05:35:06 PM
Alright I need Bellgabber help here.
I am helping at a charity event this weekend and I need about 200 cups of coffee for guests. How much coffee should I buy from Sam's Club?

Go ask in Bella-Haven. They are the coffee experts.