• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Eddie Coyle

Quill had bigger audience at Woodstock than Hendrix did.

Eddie Coyle

Whaddya mean the "Crimes Against Children" squad got a warrant today to search the house of guy who wrote and sang this top 40 hit!

http://youtu.be/Y3zFU-G0vOo

Who

Maybe I don't understand "performance art" but this woman strikes me as being really stupid.  She decided to film herself hanging by her ankle from a tree, naked.  Performance art.  Then she got stuck hanging upside down, the rope getting tighter and tighter around her ankle, cutting off her circulation.  She was finally rescued after about 12 minutes.  Does she feel stupid?  No, her video went viral and she and her family are "delighted" it's helped her "burgeoning" art career.  She wrote the following account of it for the Guardian, including the infamous video.  The video is captivating.  Stupid but captivating.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/aug/21/experience-i-got-stuck-hanging-naked-in-tree?CMP=fb_gu

While looking for information on Art's farts, I discovered something.  It turns out I really am an idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45DraXZD9-c

albrecht

Quote from: Who on August 22, 2015, 06:43:06 AM
Maybe I don't understand "performance art" but this woman strikes me as being really stupid.  She decided to film herself hanging by her ankle from a tree, naked.  Performance art.  Then she got stuck hanging upside down, the rope getting tighter and tighter around her ankle, cutting off her circulation.  She was finally rescued after about 12 minutes.  Does she feel stupid?  No, her video went viral and she and her family are "delighted" it's helped her "burgeoning" art career.  She wrote the following account of it for the Guardian, including the infamous video.  The video is captivating.  Stupid but captivating.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/aug/21/experience-i-got-stuck-hanging-naked-in-tree?CMP=fb_gu
The grandma seems to be the only one in that family with some sense. How does one even come up with an idea like that and then also think it is a good idea?

Chine

My husband brought home a can of Pringles 'Cheeseburger' potato chips. As weird as it sounded to me, I decided to try one. Blech! Absolutely disgusting.

Quote from: Chine on August 22, 2015, 04:50:17 PM
My husband brought home a can of Pringles 'Cheeseburger' potato chips. As weird as it sounded to me, I decided to try one. Blech! Absolutely disgusting.

Some things sound like a good idea in theory, but in practice.... well, no. On the other hand, Walkers has a tomato ketchup potato chip that I thought would be appalling. It's not.   ;)

Chine

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 22, 2015, 05:29:01 PM
Some things sound like a good idea in theory, but in practice.... well, no. On the other hand, Walkers has a tomato ketchup potato chip that I thought would be appalling. It's not.   ;)

So true. Usually,  I appreciate the experimentation with flavors that you wouldn't think would go together. Some of the new chip mixtures are tasty. Perhaps I just didn't want a crunchy texture with cheeseburger aroma.

popple

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 22, 2015, 05:29:01 PM

If you're ever in Canada try the lays ketchup chips. I'm sure it will be an even better experience! #prideofcanada lol ;D

Eddie Coyle

Straight of Compton spoilers.

(1) the little one died of AIDS
  (2) The fat one is basically the black Jim Belushi is his film roles
  (3) the closet case makes money from shitty overpriced headphones favored by morons.

Gumby, Dammit

And he's still your husband?
Dammit.

b_dubb

There should be a Take A Whiz On A Nazis Grave day in Europe.  Jews and ethnic minorities get to the head of the line. Germans with the last name Scholl encourage to also make bam bam on Nazi graves

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 22, 2015, 10:51:26 PM
  Straight of Compton spoilers.

(1) the little one died of AIDS
  (2) The fat one is basically the black Jim Belushi is his film roles
  (3) the closet case makes money from shitty overpriced headphones favored by morons.

Oh, thanks a lot, pal! I had a big night planned with my baby's mama. Well, hell, you might as well go ahead and  tell us what happens to the little Jew guy while you're at it.

zeebo

I went to buy some Triscuits the other day.  I don't know what combination of hangover/hunger/missing electrolytes inspired this craving, since I haven't had them in years.  But I couldn't find the plain ones amongst these trendy over-engineered flavors like tomato-basil, olive oil-dill, parmesan-portabello, or whatever they were ... Um .. I just want a friggin Triscuit-flavored Triscuit.  While I'm at it, I'd like chololate-flavored chocolate, coffee-flavored coffee, and friggin' beer-flavored beer.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 23, 2015, 02:37:43 PM

Oh, thanks a lot, pal! I had a big night planned with my baby's mama. Well, hell, you might as well go ahead and  tell us what happens to the little Jew guy while you're at it.

To be said in a Farrakhan tone..."And naturally, the demonic Jew is played by the only real actor in the whole film. The brothers are played by clowns who couldn't be extras on Moesha!!!!"

Since I recently read an interview with Jerry Heller at Grantland, I'm going to go out on a limb and spoil the movie and presume he did alright after all.

CornyCrow

Oh, I wonder what's happened to Louie Farrakhan?  I wonder how long Art could keep him talking about the UFO that picked him up?  Wasn't there some sort of weird numerology involved, too? 

One thing Louie's guys did accomplish is to make the projects that the poor lived in safe.  His guys would patrol the halls and no one would mess with them.  He also had poor blacks in those areas studying, going to school and doing well, getting jobs, and starting businesses. 

Hautex

Just ordered a BIG box of the very best pretzels in the world, Unique brand Extra Salt Splits pretzels. Hopefully, my VA doctor can get me a few more blood pressure medications before they arrive..... Screw the food police!!!! http://www.uniquesplits.com/pretzel-splits/extra-salted-pretzel-splits.html

BobGrau

Fish Fingers are actually just fish sausages.

Quote from: popple on August 22, 2015, 06:22:59 PM
If you're ever in Canada try the lays ketchup chips. I'm sure it will be an even better experience! #prideofcanada lol ;D

Yeah? I will definitely make a note of that on my next excursion to Montreal. I'm sure they'll go down very nicely with real real Canadian LaBatt's Blue on tap that is not at all like the watered down American version.

Quote from: BobGrau on August 23, 2015, 06:52:16 PM

And they go remarkably well with custard. #Bowtiesarecool  ;)

BobGrau

This seemed a hell of a lot funnier at the time.

eddie dean

Quote from: BobGrau on August 24, 2015, 12:10:14 AM
This seemed a hell of a lot funnier at the time.

You don't want to know what fish sticks are really made of . ;D

pate

I like to play "Iron Chef" with my refrigerator...

Recipes to follow, if they are noteworthy.