• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

anagrammy

Hey Aldous!  I have Arnold Palmer ingredients right here waiting for you, plus a sweater since it was only 78 or so today.  Poor recovering Arizonian...welcome to the Golden State.  You know the old saying (mostly by Republicans), "If you grab the country by the East Coast and lift it up, everything loose ends up in California." 

Which is why I love it here --and I think you will too.  Ideas come here to nest and hatch their young.  Nights on the road with U-Haul, very familiar....happy moving and see you soon!

Anagrammy

Scully

Hey, Aldous, I don't understand some of your thinking, such as your loving the Arizona heat or your tilting a tad to the right, but I hope you won't be away from Coastgab for very long, because I love your posts. 

Also love your cigar-smoking, Mad Max-gazing avatar.  Priceless!  ;)

Good traveling, aldous---you and your family arrive safely. :)

MV/Liberace!

aldous... having moved myself just ten days ago, i'm still recovering from the stresses of doing so.  i hope your move goes painlessly.  see you soon...

anagrammy

MV - did you move out of tornado alley?

Ana

Harmness

Aldous--may you find a place hot enough for your balls to stick to your thigh.

b_dubb

i was just thinking we should start bottling our farts and mail them to george.  i have really bad gas at the moment

BobGrau

Quote from: b_dubb on July 13, 2011, 05:58:18 AM
i was just thinking we should start bottling our farts and mail them to george.  i have really bad gas at the moment

he'd only send it back to you, over the airwaves.

Eddie Coyle

Damn it, now I want the gout, just so I can send George gout piss.

And sulphuric burps via bad Chinese food and greasy onion rings.

b_dubb

http://www.kcandassociates.org/

if Hulet were as bright as george and co would have us believe ... he'd have enough sense and money to have a decent site

Eddie Coyle

Does anybody believe this "Bin Laden had huge attacks planned for the 10th anniversary of 9/11 planned" BULLSHIT? What an insult. This type of Cold War hype and paranoia is so frighteningly transparent. Disgusting.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 15, 2011, 01:08:12 PM
    Does anybody believe this "Bin Laden had huge attacks planned for the 10th anniversary of 9/11 planned" BULLSHIT? What an insult. This type of Cold War hype and paranoia is so frighteningly transparent. Disgusting.

who is the source?  and my question to you would be, "why don't you believe it?"

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 15, 2011, 01:13:34 PM
who is the source?  and my question to you would be, "why don't you believe it?"

The story came out last night on CBS/CNN about "intelligence experts" were aware of plans found in the Pakistan compound that supposedly made reference to major attacks on US targets this fall.

Two reasons I don't buy it.
    (1) The day after Obama makes a threat about Social Security checks not going out on Aug 3, all the sudden his ONE SUCCESS(Osama's liquidation) becomes a headline again. "Ok folks you ain't getting your checks...but I killed that Bin Laden"
    (2) I think everything reported about Bin Laden in the past 8 years or so is nothing more than fear-mongering exploitation. IMO, He became a totemic figure in recent years and hardly a realistic threat to do real damage. 

I actually believe it was more dangerous for an American to travel abroad in the years 1970-1990, than it is today. The terrorism of the 70's/80's was far more rampant.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on July 15, 2011, 01:29:02 PM
    The story came out last night on CBS/CNN about "intelligence experts" were aware of plans found in the Pakistan compound that supposedly made reference to major attacks on US targets this fall.

Two reasons I don't buy it.
    (1) The day after Obama makes a threat about Social Security checks not going out on Aug 3, all the sudden his ONE SUCCESS(Osama's liquidation) becomes a headline again. "Ok folks you ain't getting your checks...but I killed that Bin Laden"
    (2) I think everything reported about Bin Laden in the past 8 years or so is nothing more than fear-mongering exploitation. IMO, He became a totemic figure in recent years and hardly a realistic threat to do real damage.
i wouldn't even call osama's death an obama success, to be honest.  i'm no george bush fan, but all obama did was make use of the assets and infrastructure put into place by the bush administration years before... and while campaigning, obama expended massive amounts of energy attempting to discredit bush's terrorism policies for the purpose of rallying his fringe base.  now he takes credit when the very mechanisms he criticized prove effective?  i'm sure there will be plenty of follow posts here attempting to rationalize this.  have fun with that.

i guess i can see your point as it relates to the "negotiations" taking place currently at the white house.  anything to project competence and leadership, i suppose.  i believe osama's death is the only instance in which obama has demonstrated any of those qualities.  oh... and he also managed to trick the american people into electing him... so i guess that also was a demonstration of competence.  aside from that, no matter what he might attempt to project, he's always going to be the least qualified man in the room... unless it's a marxist convention of some sort.  in that instance, he could serve as a well deserving keynote speaker.  after all, he speaks in marxist talking points at nearly every given opportunity.

i'm just glad to know this hack politician/activist is capable of determining how much money i should need to earn and/or keep.  it's comforting to know my wife and i need not be saddled with the burden of deciding for ourselves how much money is "enough."  thank you for that, mr. obama... knower of all.

if this creature were to leave office YESTERDAY, it wouldn't be soon enough for me.

Obama on building coal plants in the United States

Barack Obama: "You've made enough money."

Obama Marxist Quotes

this man blows.

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 15, 2011, 04:16:59 PM
i wouldn't even call osama's death an obama success, to be honest.  i'm no george bush fan, but all obama did was make use of the assets and infrastructure put into place by the bush administration years before... and while campaigning, obama expended massive amounts of energy attempting to discredit bush's terrorism policies for the purpose of rallying his fringe base.  now he takes credit when the very mechanisms he criticized prove effective?  i'm sure there will be plenty of follow posts here attempting to rationalize this.  have fun with that.

i guess i can see your point as it relates to the "negotiations" taking place currently at the white house.  anything to project competence and leadership, i suppose.  i believe osama's death is the only instance in which obama has demonstrated any of those qualities.  oh... and he also managed to trick the american people into electing him... so i guess that also was a demonstration of competence.  aside from that, no matter what he might attempt to project, he's always going to be the least qualified man in the room... unless it's a marxist convention of some sort.  in that instance, he could serve as a well deserving keynote speaker.  after all, he speaks in marxist talking points at nearly every given opportunity.

if this creature were to leave office YESTERDAY, it wouldn't be soon enough for me.
this man blows.

Let me understand your position--Obama is always least qualified no matter who is there (whaaat?) and this interesting juxtaposition:  The killing of Osama bin Laden was caused by the terrorist policies of the Bush administration, so you can't give the black man any credit for either being qualified or acting successfully, even when he achieves the goal that the Bush administration policies couldn't seem to reach for Bush...

Do you likewise believe that the economic woes we now suffer are the result of the many years of the Bush administration acting on behalf of big oil, big Pharma, etc.  Or are you perfectly OK with Bush putting the Medicare Part D tab on the credit card AND the Iraq war on the card AND failing to enforce the Sherman Anti-Trust Act allowing monopolies to destroy small business in America AND giving them tax write-offs to build their factories overseas where they pay no income tax....etc

Or is the bad economy all on Obama?   His successes due to Bush, but his failures all his own.

Anagrammy the Liberal

PS. I think you have enough money too....LOL--JUST KIDDING!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anagrammy on July 15, 2011, 05:08:00 PM
Let me understand your position--Obama is always least qualified no matter who is there (whaaat?) and this interesting juxtaposition:  The killing of Osama bin Laden was caused by the terrorist policies of the Bush administration, so you can't give the black man any credit for either being qualified or acting successfully, even when he achieves the goal that the Bush administration policies couldn't seem to reach for Bush...
i'm not even going to dignify that with a response.  the moment someone dumps obama's race into the discussion as a means of shielding him from criticism, i walk the other way.

Do you likewise believe that the economic woes we now suffer are the result of the many years of the Bush administration acting on behalf of big oil, big Pharma, etc.
you are speaking in talking points here.  it's like listening to a chatty cathy doll.  i don't even know how to respond to it because i find it so dumbfounding, thoughtless, and unoriginal.  however, i will say this:  the debate tactic of listing bush's shortcomings in the course of defending the current president is no tactic at all.  it's lazy.  i'm no fan of bush or his stimulus plans or his economic policies that pushed us further into debt or his gross expansion of the size of government.  i have repeatedly outlined my problems with bush administration policies on this forum, and if you've missed it when i've done so, i am unable to account for that fact.

Or is the bad economy all on Obama?   His successes due to Bush, but his failures all his own.
nope, it's not all obama's fault.  there were generations of bad economic policy prior to his administration that can account for the shape we're in now.  however, the current president is exacerbating the problems we already face and using marxist class warfare tactics to facilitate it.  he deserves the criticism he receives for that.  if i hear this hack complain one more time about "corporate jet owners" as if they are the cause of our debut woes, i'm going to puke into my ramen noodles.  charles krauthammer calculated that if the tax "loophole" for corporate jet owners were closed, and assuming these corporate jet owners kept spending their money in exactly the same fashion despite the new tax (which they wouldn't anyway), it would take 5000 years for that particular bit of revenue to pay for the deficit in this year's budget alone.  ABSURD.  this president is insulting our intelligence. 

none of that matters.  you're not interested in being convinced of anything, and it's why i rarely get into political arguments on this forum anymore.  i just can't believe you injected race into this as you did.  i thought you were smarter than that, and not nearly that lazy.  you've probably repeated similar things to your political adversaries with such frequency that you've become oblivious to just exactly how insulting that is.

so here's the tally:

PERSONAL ATTACKS
Anagrammy: 1
Michael Vandeven: 0

i think you've spent just one too many afternoons in your little white guilt classes you're wasting your time with over there.  spend the money on food and clothing for poor people.  it would be far better appropriated as such.

Vintage Chatty Cathy toy doll TV Commercial 1960's

i wish i were a liberal.  it's so easy to be one.

i'm done.

onan

This post is in response to your post calling Obama Marxist, not the response Ana. Unfortunately explaining complex issues does at times turn into sound bites. Bleh, not feeling well.

Welcome back to some substantive posting. I have missed it.

I happen to, at least partially, disagree with this post. But not feeling well enough to go into it tonight.

But did want to note it is good to see you posting.

Onan

Sent from my iPad

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on July 15, 2011, 05:46:52 PM
Welcome back to some substantive posting. I have missed it.

I happen to, at least partially, disagree with this post. But not feeling well enough to go into it tonight.

But did want to note it is good to see you posting.

Onan

Sent from my iPad
thanks. 

i don't want or expect everyone to agree with all or part or even ANY of what i have to say.  that's never been my intent.  if people agree, bonus.  if not, that's the breaks.  it's just that i don't want to be branded a bigot or racist, be it tacitly or directly, just for daring to criticize an elected president of the united states who happens to be half black. 

i'm not an ideologue.  i am capable of criticizing presidents of both parties whenever that criticism is warranted.  go back and listen to the old trainwreck shows from 2006 as i frequently spent two hours at a time screaming into the microphone over my disgust with bush.  i'm usually capable of resisting group-think.  i just wish others were as well.

anagrammy

Perhaps it is best not to discuss politics if you insist on belittling the other person.  I mention racism because I am interested in it and ask if it might be a reason someone says another person would always be the least competent in the room. I took a class recently and started a thread and was surprised by the emotion brought up by (the nerve!) my bringing up the subject. I learned that Sometimes gross generalizations can mask racism.  Sometimes a great deal of anger toward a public figure or celebrity can be fueled by the same thing. In no way do I mean it as a personal slur against you or anyone else.  I like to talk about it, just like I like to talk about religion even though I am not a believer myself. (No- please, no baseball)

I am completely open to discussing all possibilities.  If you would like to discuss why you think Obama is not competent, I would like to hear it, but preferably without the condemnations of me as lazy or taking a cheap shot, or of less intelligent or of less value than yourself.

I believe freedom of speech includes talking about things which in other venues might be considered non-PC.  If a liberal cannot ask a conservative why they feel the way they do, then how can we ever come together? 

I don't criticize you for making generalities, I would like specifics, but if you feel too angry to discuss it with me or here, I am ok with that too.  And if it lowers your opinion of me because of the way I express myself, well I'm not everybody's cut of tea, but I do hold you still in high esteem despite your sharp words.

Maybe later -- I am open to discuss politics with you or any other--I would still like to know why some conservatives have the views they do and would like to ask any of you some sincere questions.  (I could listen to talk radio, but I prefer to hear what my friends here on CoastGab think)

Sincerely,

Anagrammy

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: anagrammy on July 15, 2011, 07:57:05 PM
Perhaps it is best not to discuss politics if you insist on belittling the other person.  I mention racism because I am interested in it and ask if it might be a reason someone says another person would always be the least competent in the room. I took a class recently and started a thread and was surprised by the emotion brought up by (the nerve!) my bringing up the subject. I learned that Sometimes gross generalizations can mask racism.  Sometimes a great deal of anger toward a public figure or celebrity can be fueled by the same thing. In no way do I mean it as a personal slur against you or anyone else.  I like to talk about it, just like I like to talk about religion even though I am not a believer myself. (No- please, no baseball)

I am completely open to discussing all possibilities.  If you would like to discuss why you think Obama is not competent, I would like to hear it, but preferably without the condemnations of me as lazy or taking a cheap shot, or of less intelligent or of less value than yourself.

I believe freedom of speech includes talking about things which in other venues might be considered non-PC.  If a liberal cannot ask a conservative why they feel the way they do, then how can we ever come together? 

I don't criticize you for making generalities, I would like specifics, but if you feel too angry to discuss it with me or here, I am ok with that too.  And if it lowers your opinion of me because of the way I express myself, well I'm not everybody's cut of tea, but I do hold you still in high esteem despite your sharp words.

Maybe later -- I am open to discuss politics with you or any other--I would still like to know why some conservatives have the views they do and would like to ask any of you some sincere questions.  (I could listen to talk radio, but I prefer to hear what my friends here on CoastGab think)

Sincerely,

Anagrammy
i really have nothing to say in response.  i do think your decision to accuse me of prejudice due to my criticism of this president was uncalled for, lazy, and disappointing.  i stand by my statements, and my disappointment in you.

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 15, 2011, 08:51:18 PM
i really have nothing to say in response.  i do think your decision to accuse me of prejudice due to my criticism of this president was uncalled for, lazy, and disappointing.  i stand by my statements, and my disappointment in you.

OK - it's your privilege to choose not to respond to my reasonable requests for your reasons for considering Obama to be the least qualified in any room.  Your personal attacks are unwarranted, however, and in the past you have asked people who post here NOT to do what you just did.  You may be unwilling to discuss race as a factor in our country's evaluation of this president, or his ability to get results, but that's really no reason to attack me personally.

This kind of treatment by an administrator drives people away, doncha know?

Anagrammy

b_dubb

it seems like the blame obama crowd has a really poor memory.  the economy bit the dust months before the election. the people who are hijacking our government and ruining our country want to polarize politics so that we spend all our energies chewing each others faces off instead of focusing on getting control of our Democracy

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on July 15, 2011, 10:32:07 PM
it seems like the blame obama crowd has a really poor memory.  the economy bit the dust months before the election.
poor memory?  did i not acknowledge this in my posts above?  holy shit.

Quote from: anagrammy on July 15, 2011, 10:15:04 PM
This kind of treatment by an administrator drives people away, doncha know?
oh, jeeze... i haven't seen this card played a thousand times before.  so because i'm an "administrator" (a position i think i've always tried to approach fairly and rationally) i'm supposed to sit here and take it up the ass as you squat over my face to drop your nuggets of brilliance?

you launched the first personal attack against me.  yes, i consider it a personal attack when you call me a racist.  i'm baffled that you expect no response to that.  if i'm not allowed to say to you what i think about your accusation against me simply because i'm an administrator, then you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how this forum works.  i don't even WANT people to know i'm an administrator.  and if by "administrator" you mean the person who isn't allowed to fully participate in this website because of people like you who play the card you just played, then yes, that's me.  thanks.

Scully

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 15, 2011, 04:16:59 PM

i'm just glad to know this hack politician/activist is capable of determining how much money i should need to earn and/or keep.  it's comforting to know my wife and i need not be saddled with the burden of deciding for ourselves how much money is "enough."  thank you for that, mr. obama... knower of all.

this man blows.

Anytime a Harvard Law School graduate with the ability to serve as the head of their law review is the least competent man in the room, I would surely like to see who he's there with, be they purple, blue, or green.

Joe McCarthy would love this stuff.  :(

lasertron

In the new Katy Perry song, extraterrestrial, when she sings "could you be the devil? could you be an angel?" I always think of Noory. COULD IT BE ANGELS?!

M Knight

Quote from: anagrammy on July 15, 2011, 07:57:05 PM

Sincerely,

Anagrammy

I have experienced working for senior directors who were always the least qualified people in the room.  They were caucasian, male and female, and got elevated to their positions because of strategic relationships, well placed relatives or intimidation.  Michael is saying nothing more than this.  On his own merits, Obama is very well qualified to be an associate professor at a mid-range university.