• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

MV/Liberace!

I just learned Doris Day is still alive. Holy shit.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on August 15, 2014, 12:12:53 AM

And now that you've mentioned it she'll no doubt croak in the next week. I still remember what you did to Tom Bosley. Sit on it.

Eddie Coyle

A ticket stub from a Wesley Snipes movie exempts you from jury duty and could spare you the Death Penalty.

Quote from: MV on August 15, 2014, 12:12:53 AM

I thought you were connected and all that? Next thing you know, you'll tell me you didn't know Bruce Dern died.

I'm getting those headaches again.

Movement Key : VA2

area51drone

Quote from: HorrorRetro on August 13, 2014, 10:23:48 PM
Yep. Chickens were acting really weird the other day. Today all the wild birds were acting very excited. Could just be the storms we've had over the past few days.  I don't know. Yeah, we're right on top of fault lines and very close to Mt. Rainier too.  I'm actually heading up to Mt. Rainier on Sunday and staying for a few days to do some poking around and get some photos. It'll just be my luck to have Mt. Rainier blow and I'd be swallowed up in a lahar whilst trying to get good photos.  ::)

The reason I posted was for a number of reasons - the air was deathly still, and there were no bird sounds or anything outside.  Very strange feeling... almost like a "calm before the storm".   And, my dog came and sat down at my legs while I was working.  She never comes by me while I'm working, let alone sit there.   She typically only comes and hangs out by me when she's scared of something.    I didn't think to check our our chickens, but I would not have been surprised if they were acting funny as well.    On top of it, my ears kept popping, which made me think the pressure was changing rapidly.    It was just weird.   Obviously there was no earthquake, but something was amiss.

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 15, 2014, 12:41:27 AM
     A ticket stub from a Wesley Snipes movie exempts you from jury duty and could spare you the Death Penalty.

Watching the Blade trilogy is the death penalty.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on August 15, 2014, 02:30:06 AM

Is that humanly possible to watch those films without some horrific health condition occurring?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: area51drone on August 15, 2014, 02:17:37 AM
The reason I posted was for a number of reasons - the air was deathly still, and there were no bird sounds or anything outside.  Very strange feeling... almost like a "calm before the storm".   And, my dog came and sat down at my legs while I was working.  She never comes by me while I'm working, let alone sit there.   She typically only comes and hangs out by me when she's scared of something.    I didn't think to check our our chickens, but I would not have been surprised if they were acting funny as well.    On top of it, my ears kept popping, which made me think the pressure was changing rapidly.    It was just weird.   Obviously there was no earthquake, but something was amiss.

I think it must have been the coming storms. Our little female pug always hangs with me, but when we had the weather change over, she refused to leave my husband's side that whole evening. Normally, she can take him or leave him lol, but that night she was glued to him.

Yorkshire pud

No laughing at the back there!!  ::)

A map created to guide visitors around a Hertfordshire town has been mocked on Facebook for its phallic shape.

The Canal and River Trust map of Berkhamsted features the town's castle, train station and Grand Union Canal.

But while one of the breweries along the canal praised the map as a "great graphic", its shape was compared with male genitalia on social media.

The Canal and River Trust said it might have been "a bit naive" in not noticing its shape prior to publication.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-28783990

b_dubb

Quote from: onan on August 15, 2014, 02:30:06 AM
Kris Kristofferson was in that. Kris Kristofferson was a Rhodes Scholar. Either our finest minds are wasting their gifts by opting for a big payday. Or the people who award Rhodes Scholarships (whatever) need to re-evaluate their criteria because apparently they've been wasting world class educations on people who don't do anything productive with their lives.

ItsOver

From Rotten Tomatoes, 100% of the crtics liked "Marooned?"  Gene Hackman as a sniveling, whining astronaut was not exactly one of his best performances.  Crap, this mediocre space flick was even lampooned on MST3K, under an alternative title.

b_dubb

I'm glad I'm not a homeowner in Ferguson.

[attachimg=1]

I say hands off the Third Amendment!

If ever you discover you've gone back in time to fix your mistakes.. relax.  You're probably just in a coma.

ItsOver

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 16, 2014, 12:05:00 PM
[attachimg=1]

I say hands off the Third Amendment!
Is that Zoo in the photo?  Nope, guess not.  No "1!" after Amendment.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 16, 2014, 12:00:10 PM
[attachimg=1]

Why did you post that VERY old family photo of mine as your avatar?

It's so undignified being in a bucket. Even at that age. Seriously.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 16, 2014, 12:20:58 PM

Why did you post that VERY old family photo of mine as your avatar?

It's so undignified being in a bucket. Even at that age. Seriously.

You were such a cute baby, though!  And you look like you would have been delicious if dipped in drawn butter.  It's hard to believe you're the same person today.  How could you let yourself go that like?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on August 16, 2014, 12:25:57 PM
You were such a cute baby, though!  And you look like you would have been delicious if dipped in drawn butter.  It's hard to believe you're the same person today.  How could you let yourself go that like?

Several reasons; Unlike YOU our mother never housetrained me.. She stopped breastfeeding YOU aged four..I was weaned at three days old. McDonalds and not having a metabolism to process it isn't good, just for future reference okay?

Unlike YOU, I wasn't allowed to drink anything but single malt whisky. Unlike YOU I never breathed in anything but ciggie smoke..

Now you ask why I let myself go? 

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on August 16, 2014, 12:31:32 PM

Several reasons; Unlike YOU our mother never housetrained me.. She stopped breastfeeding YOU aged four..I was weaned at three days old. McDonalds and not having a metabolism to process it isn't good, just for future reference okay?

Unlike YOU, I wasn't allowed to drink anything but single malt whisky. Unlike YOU I never breathed in anything but ciggie smoke..

Now you ask why I let myself go?

I had no idea. I feel like such an ass now, and I deserve a good kick.  I'm going to keep the picture for awhile, though, just to remember you in those happier times.

BTW, mom didn't cut me off from the maternal spigot until I was eleven.

Quote from: ItsOver on August 15, 2014, 03:38:28 PM
From Rotten Tomatoes, 100% of the crtics liked "Marooned?"  Gene Hackman as a sniveling, whining astronaut was not exactly one of his best performances.  Crap, this mediocre space flick was even lampooned on MST3K, under an alternative title.

What did you think of Gregory Peck's performance? David Janssen's? James Bacon Franciscus? Do you think the Rotten Tomatoes reviewers were swayed by the Academy Award factor? I've seen a lot of better films get far lower ratings on RT.

I would, however, give a 95% to 100% rating for the MST3K version.

With both Siskel and Ebert gone, it's hopeless. Some swear by Leonard Maltin, though he reminds me of a giant educated beaver.

Rotten Tomatoes also gave too high of a score for Transcendence.

Movement Key = AA

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on August 16, 2014, 01:43:11 PM
What did you think of Gregory Peck's performance? David Janssen's? James Bacon Franciscus? Do you think the Rotten Tomatoes reviewers were swayed by the Academy Award factor? I've seen a lot of better films get far lower ratings on RT.

With both Siskel and Ebert gone, it's hopeless. Some swear by Leonard Maltin, though he reminds me of a giant educated beaver.

Movement Key = AA

David Janssen looked like he needed an Exedrin, as always. 

[attachimg=1]

And I wish giant beavers would rip Leonard Maltin to bloody shreds, but I would settle for this.

[attachimg=2]

Quote from: bateman on August 16, 2014, 02:33:41 PM

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/pastafarian-fights-to-wear-colander-in-b-c-driver-s-licence-photo-1.1959706

I have a good friend who was ordained as a minister in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster last year, so I hope he wins!  And didn't a pastafarian in the U.S. recently win the right to wear his colander in his DL pic?

ItsOver

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on August 16, 2014, 01:43:11 PM
What did you think of Gregory Peck's performance? David Janssen's? James Bacon Franciscus? Do you think the Rotten Tomatoes reviewers were swayed by the Academy Award factor? I've seen a lot
of better films get far lower ratings on RT.

Movement Key = AA
Peck was really out of place in what seemed like a made-for-TV movie, almost.  I think he played down to the level of the movie.  Janssen was the best fit and gave the best performance.  I just go "oh, crap" when I see the likes of Franciscus and Crenna pop-up in a movie.  Warning!  Bland '70s-style acting ahead.  Of course, Hartley would have to play one of the wives.  Somebody must have remembered her from her Twilight Zone days.

Yes, it hasn't been the same without Siskel and Ebert.  Best space movie?  My pick isn't "2001 A Space Odyssey," even though I'm big fan of Clarke.  I'd go with "Alien."  That was one hell of a ride when it first hit the screens.  Forget any of the follow-ups, though.

I've always enjoyed Gregory Peck's riveting performance as Travis Bickle in the remake of "Taxi Driver."

SCTV Taxi Driver starring Gregory Peck