• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 27, 2014, 12:14:51 PM
Subterranean Alcatraz.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26233170

Some of the "old-timey" prisoners spoke about rumors of old tunnels and dungeons under the prison. I guess they were right.

P.S. If anyone ever finds themselves in San Fransicko, the tour of Alcatraz is definitely worth the time. I`ve done it twice, and it`s absolutely fascinating.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 27, 2014, 12:36:08 PM

P.S. If anyone ever finds themselves in San Fransicko, the tour of Alcatraz is definitely worth the time. I`ve done it twice, and it`s absolutely fascinating.

The nighttime tour is great. I've been there several times, including private tours, and the ambiance after dark is pure magic.

b_dubb

Quote from: HorrorRetro on February 27, 2014, 12:57:18 PM
The nighttime tour is great. I've been there several times, including private tours, and the ambiance after dark is pure magic.
Sorry to be Captain Obvious here but .... EVP's?  Tell me someone has done this.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: b_dubb on February 27, 2014, 12:58:33 PM
Sorry to be Captain Obvious here but .... EVP's?  Tell me someone has done this.

I hate to say it, but I didn't try it. I was totally into my photography and didn't think to try to catch anything else.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on February 26, 2014, 08:56:33 PM
Super hi-res vintage photos. Pretty wild.

http://www.shorpy.com/

well then.  that only took up about 30 minutes of my time when i should have been working.  thanks.

aldousburbank

Quote from: MV on February 27, 2014, 01:15:28 PM
well then.  that only took up about 30 minutes of my time when i should have been working.  thanks.
Good for can time.

steelbot

Quote from: bateman on February 27, 2014, 08:38:35 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/dna-half-life-jurassic-park-dinosaur_n_1955062.html

OH FUCK YOU WITH YOUR "JURASSIC PARK IS IMPOSSIBLE" I WANT AN ARMY OF VELOCIRAPTORS

No damn dinosaurs please, they scare me and would def. cause havoc for us.

bateman

Quote from: steelbot on February 27, 2014, 08:53:05 PM
No damn dinosaurs please, they scare me and would def. cause havoc for us.

Now what could POSSIBLY go wrong?

bateman

Grey's Anatomy is still on the air? People watch this crap?

bateman

You know what the highest-rated show on TV is? NCIS. NCIS. Where Chris O'Donnell, LL Cool J and that midget woman are Navy cops. What?

wr250

Quote from: bateman on February 27, 2014, 09:02:39 PM
You know what the highest-rated show on TV is? NCIS. NCIS. Where Chris O'Donnell, LL Cool J and that midget woman are Navy cops. What?

well even noory has them beat (but only just)

you my friend curb-stomp em

HorrorRetro

I've seen exactly one episode. I was required to watch it and write a paper in a media class I was taking. What utter tripe.  ::) It boggles my mind that people willingly tune into this garbage on a weekly basis.

That's actually NCIS-LA, the spin off.  I don't know where they rank, probably close to the top

b_dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 27, 2014, 09:24:55 PM

Well, heh, he's going to Hell
Interesting how he swung from one extreme to the other, eh?

bateman

QuoteTelephone On-Hold and In-Store messaging company seeking replacement for the ace of our voicing staff who has signed an exclusive national contract and must resign. The voice we seek is a straight-ahead announcer capable of informing callers to professional offices such as lawyers & insurance agents, hotels, as well as providing on-hold and in-store messages for auto dealers, restaurants and others.

Talent must upload edited FINAL audio to proprietary system with the following format requirements:

mp3
64 Kbps
22.5 KHz
16 bit
Mono
- 3 DB

Pay is $4 per script minute and is non-negotiable. Assignments are in 15-second increments, so some jobs will be $1 for a :15. Payment is via PayPal ONLY. Please email demo and resume to portalstaffing@gmail.com. Please do not direct us to your website because we cannot access it.

EOE

Listen, fuckface, the level of voiceover "talent" you're going to get for $4 a minute is not going to be any better than you doing it yourself. Stop wasting everyone's time.

jazmunda

As someone correctly stated the Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J NCIS is NCIS-LA. Never seen an episode of that incarnation. I used to watch NCIS in the early years and it was a decent show.

NCIS is the one with a couple douches and a chick who looks like a cat or something yuh?

Quote from: bateman on February 27, 2014, 11:43:56 PM
Listen, fuckface, the level of voiceover "talent" you're going to get for $4 a minute is not going to be any better than you doing it yourself. Stop wasting everyone's time.

"Hey it's only fifteen seconds, how much is it really worth?"  Bit fucking unreasonable and downright insulting, considering that won't even cover the cost of their commute. 

zeebo

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on February 27, 2014, 11:54:37 PM
NCIS is the one with a couple douches and a chick who looks like a cat or something yuh?

I've only ever seen snippets of it as I change channels but yep that sounds right.

The General

Mrs. General: "I hate this website."
Me: "Why? It's great.  These are my internet friends."
Mrs. General: "I hate it for the same reason I hate pinterest. At least pinterest has delicious recipes. 
                      Does Coastgab have delicious recipes?"
Me: "It's Bellgab."

jazmunda

Quote from: The General on February 28, 2014, 03:46:56 AM
Mrs. General: "I hate it for the same reason I hate pinterest. At least pinterest has delicious recipes. 

For the Mrs...

Beef Enchilada Casserole (for when you don't have a lot of time)

Ingredients
1 pound ground sirloin
1 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth
1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix (such as Old El Paso)
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
4 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers

Preparation
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion to pan; cook 6 minutes, stirring to crumble.

2. Preheat oven to 400°.

3. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add broth, taco seasoning, and tomato sauce to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 1/2 cups tomato mixture to beef mixture; reserve 1/2 cup tomato mixture.

4. Place 1 tortilla in a 9-inch pie plate. Top with 1 cup beef mixture. Repeat layers, ending with tortilla. Spread reserved tomato mixture over tortilla. Top with cheese. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Cool slightly. Cut into 4 wedges.

wr250

recipie:
ingredients
1 dumb late night radio host
1 microwave
1 bag of pizza rolls

place bag of pizza rolls near microwave
wait for late night host to stroll by
profit
laugh at host when he burns mouth on pizza rolls

jazmunda

Quote from: wr250 on February 28, 2014, 06:05:33 AM
recipie:
ingredients
1 dumb late night radio host
1 microwave
1 bag of pizza rolls

place bag of pizza rolls near microwave
wait for late night host to stroll by
profit
laugh at host when he burns mouth on pizza rolls

For anyone that needs a good laugh to start their weekend just right.

http://youtu.be/1914eEHOZPw