• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Raskolnikov

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on February 23, 2014, 05:23:59 PM
No, there are Brits, Aussies, and Canucks here as well.

BTW, did you happen to catch a certain hockey game today?   ::)

Oh OK.

I don't watch sports, I just listen to Art Bell with my eyes closed.

MV/Liberace!

Today I told a customer, "I don't want your business.  Don't call me again.  Take your business elsewhere."  I'd be fired for saying that if I were working for someone other than myself.  Being self employed rocks.  And no, the customer is not always right.  Sometimes the customer is a fucking idiot.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: MV on February 24, 2014, 11:01:07 AM
Today I told a customer, "I don't want your business.  Don't call me again.  Take your business elsewhere."  I'd be fired for saying that if I were working for someone other than myself.  Being self employed rocks.  And no, the customer is not always right.  Sometimes the customer is a fucking idiot.

Some people don't want work, hater. Was it Jaz trying to get you to advertise his ball cupping tutorials?

"An employee is told that the customer is always right and, in fact, the customer is usually a moron and an asshole." Quoth Larry David.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 24, 2014, 11:17:02 AM

Some people don't want work, hater. Was it Jaz trying to get you to advertise his ball cupping tutorials?

i'm surprised the tutorials require advertising.  you'd think they'd sell themselves.

I'd be fired for saying that if I were working for someone other than myself.  Being self employed rocks. 

And in many working environments, fired for much less... minuscule transgressions or going against the "Holy Employee Handbook"... Such books compiled in the manner of "Club Handbooks" used by burned out D&D dice fiends meeting like little old ladies once a week at the local rec center amidst the "campaign friendly" Lord of the Rings soundtrack supplied by "Chris" and his stupid outdated boom-box.

"Order of Golden Dragons Behavior And Rules Club Guide."

Fuck you. I won't stop using my "origin questionable" dodecahedron.

You can't make me. The rec center is a goddamn public facility.

(I'm just making all this up of course, for illustrative purposes.)

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 24, 2014, 12:06:04 PM
...used by burned out D&D dice fiends meeting like little old ladies once a week at the local rec center amidst the "campaign friendly" Lord of the Rings soundtrack supplied by "Chris" and his stupid outdated boom-box.

Grrrrrr....we would never use Howard Shore.
Strictly Basil Pouledoris or Trevor Jones.

The General

Heh heh.  I've told customers that.
My boss backs me up, thankfully.
So, no it doesn't usually work....
Unless you got POWAH!

[attachimg=1]

wr250

QuoteToday I told a customer, "I don't want your business.  Don't call me again.  Take your business elsewhere."  I'd be fired for saying that if I were working for someone other than myself.  Being self employed rocks.  And no, the customer is not always right.  Sometimes the customer is a fucking idiot.
Quote from: The General on February 24, 2014, 12:21:39 PM
Heh heh.  I've told customers that.
So, no it doesn't usually work....
Unless you got POWAH!

[attachimg=1]

ive had to tell customers that too. at least when i was working. now im the idiot customer. :P .
then there are those that wouldnt be happy if you paid them to take your product/service.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on February 24, 2014, 12:21:39 PM
He probably backs you up as a result of the fact that you seem entirely sane and reasonable.

Unless you got POWAH!

I'm sorry, sir, but I'm not familiar with that scene.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 24, 2014, 12:14:59 PM
Grrrrrr....we would never use Howard Shore.
Strictly Basil Pouledoris or Trevor Jones.

And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is why Mind Flayer Monk's club is better than mine.

The OOGD is composed of mutually parasitic fools looking for a reason to get rid of me, even though I: A) don't even like being there B) don't like their music, and C) don't like their milquetoast dice rolling passive aggressive handbook quoting Kool Aid slurping fat heads.

I'm in hell. I need ice. Or an 11.

The General

Quote from: MV on February 24, 2014, 12:35:07 PM
He probably backs you up as a result of the fact that you seem entirely sane and reasonable.

I am entirely sane and reasonab BIG DOGS LANdinNG ON MY FACE

b_dubb

AMEN BROTHER.  I have a web design client - you know the one - that's clueless and determined to remain as uninformed as possible.  I'm on the verge of telling them to go away. 

All of this is reminding me of when the wife of one of MV's clients insisted MV qualify his comments with a "Dr." instead of using "Mr." because her husband was a doctor.

Christ. Those bridges are just begging to be burned. While I recall MV stood his ground and that the doc himself was 100% OK, one must proceed knowing that at any time the wife may bring things down toward a 50% desirability rating.

jazmunda

SEX!

NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION THERE IS NEW INFORMATION BELOW SO LISTEN CAREFULLY!

The GabCast will air LIVE tonight (Monday) at 5pm PST/8pm EST.

The show features ex-boy band Bellgab posters eddie dean, b_dubb, onan and jazmunda.

Tonight we will be discussing EVPs and will be featuring special guest MV who will share his own EVP and will finally tell his story.

Listen LIVE and chat at ufoship.com

If you have your own EVP and want to share it then please email it to thegabcastemail@gmail.com

If you want to call and share your experience then please call on our NEW number 623.242.CAST(2278) which is free for US callers.

International callers may call for free over Skype by Skyping our Skype account The.GabCast

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on February 24, 2014, 12:45:30 PM
I'm on the verge of telling them to go away.

Some customers are such a drag that it's to your advantage to send them to a competitor.  Let your enemy deal with what USED TO BE your mess.

onan

When I was in sales, a long time ago, my manager imparted this nugget: you will spend 80% of your time with 20% of your clients. Some customers aren't worth it.

Quote from: jazmunda on February 24, 2014, 02:29:16 PM
SEX!

NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION THERE IS NEW INFORMATION BELOW SO LISTEN CAREFULLY!

The GabCast will air LIVE tonight (Monday) at 5pm PST/8pm EST.

The show features ex-boy band Bellgab posters eddie dean, b_dubb, onan and jazmunda.

Tonight we will be discussing EVPs and will be featuring special guest MV who will share his own EVP and will finally tell his story.

Listen LIVE and chat at ufoship.com

If you have your own EVP and want to share it then please email it to thegabcastemail@gmail.com

If you want to call and share your experience then please call on our NEW number 623.242.CAST(2278) which is free for US callers.

International callers may call for free over Skype by Skyping our Skype account The.GabCast

Where can I find your music?

eddie dean

Quote from: b_dubb on February 24, 2014, 12:45:30 PM
AMEN BROTHER.  I have a web design client - you know the one - that's clueless and determined to remain as uninformed as possible.  I'm on the verge of telling them to go away.

I once worked with an older lady singer. She came in to record a 4 song EP of old standards that she planed to use to get a few more singing gigs in retirement homes. The day after I delivered the final mix, I got an angry call from her. She was pissed off that her voice sounded off key and horriblely amateurish. 
She even accused me of purposely making it sound like she couldn't sing. I explained to her that the recording was 100% accurate and if anything, my mixing and editing efforts improved her voice. I explained her voice was so bad and so off key, even the best pitch adjustment plug ins and reverb effects couldn't fix her voice. She simply had the wrong expectations that I could push a button and make her voice sound presentable and professional.
She kept saying " there is no way my voice sounds this bad, I get compliments on how beautiful my voice is from all the residents"
I resisted the urge to tell her the residents must be deaf or simply being nice, or both.
I learned to refuse clients like this and to end the session soon after the first sign of 'deluded singer disease', no matter how badly I need the money. BTW I refunded her money and refered her to another studio.

Raskolnikov

What is your guys opinon on Europe? Ever been here? If no, what seems the most interesting?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Raskolnikov on February 24, 2014, 03:28:49 PM
What is your guys opinon on Europe? Ever been here? If no, what seems the most interesting?

Yeah, keep it simple. Europe is Europe. I nearly went to Sweden several years ago, but a marriage collapse put paid to that. I'm English BTW, we have a few and at least one Scotsman.  :)

Raskolnikov

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 24, 2014, 03:34:25 PM

Yeah, keep it simple. Europe is Europe. I nearly went to Sweden several years ago, but a marriage collapse put paid to that. I'm English BTW, we have a few and at least one Scotsman.  :)

Sweden is a bit overrated, dull and cold. Southern Europe is where it's at, mate  8)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Raskolnikov on February 24, 2014, 03:38:57 PM
Sweden is a bit overrated, dull and cold. Southern Europe is where it's at, mate  8)

I enjoyed southern Germany and Northern Italy, especially around Lake Garda and Como.

Raskolnikov

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 24, 2014, 03:42:40 PM
I enjoyed southern Germany and Northern Italy, especially around Lake Garda and Como.

I've never been to Italy but I have a friend who lives in Trieste, near the slovenian border. Should perhaps go visit him. Ever been to the balkans, friend?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Raskolnikov on February 24, 2014, 03:46:56 PM
I've never been to Italy but I have a friend who lives in Trieste, near the slovenian border. Should perhaps go visit him. Ever been to the balkans, friend?

No, but a friend of mine and her family emigrated to Austria several years ago, and they often holiday in Croatia.

jazmunda

Quote from: Raskolnikov on February 24, 2014, 03:28:49 PM

I've been to London. I loved it. Spent 5 days in glorious sunshine there (which is rare). Great city even if Yorkshire Pud is lurking somewhere near by. ;)

I've been all over Spain and Italy too. I spent 6 weeks in these countries on my honeymoon. Loved them both and would definitely go back.

Say what you will about the French but Paris is an amazing city and is just beautiful. My wife and I discovered this cafe and had this amazing thing that we call pizza punch. Oh and I also had an OBE there. Wait .... no .... that was Art.

I have also been to the Greek islands which of course are beautiful too.

jazmunda

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on February 24, 2014, 02:49:30 PM
Where can I find your music?

All copies have been burnt. There is, however, a sex tape floating around somewhere.

Raskolnikov

Quote from: jazmunda on February 24, 2014, 04:06:56 PM
I've been to London. I loved it. Spent 5 days in glorious sunshine there (which is rare). Great city even if Yorkshire Pud is lurking somewhere near by. ;)

I've been all over Spain and Italy too. I spent 6 weeks in these countries on my honeymoon. Loved them both and would definitely go back.

Say what you will about the French but Paris is an amazing city and is just beautiful. My wife and I discovered this cafe and had this amazing thing that we call pizza punch. Oh and I also had an OBE there. Wait .... no .... that was Art.

I have also been to the Greek islands which of course are beautiful too.

Now tell me a bit more about this pizza punch. Is it related to pizza rolls in any way shape or form?  ;D