• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Chine

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 06, 2013, 02:45:46 PM
Waitin' for the dust to settle and all the recent dust bunnies to blow out the front door, speaking metaphorically.

Yes. I've given up on trying to keep up with recent active threads. It's tough as I pop in and try to skim a bit to catch up. Mostly eyes bouncing about til I've had enough.

Today, I had no plans of painting. Two shipped the other day from recent sales. But, the mood hit me and reached for my brushes. Dang if it didn't sell less than an hour after I finished it, a nice hefty sale too. Suddenly, more commissions coming ...awesome feeling as art biz is sometimes feast or famine.

Then I wind down this time of day and hit with reminder of no new show by Art tonight.

Sardondi

Quote from: Chine on November 06, 2013, 04:40:58 PM...Then I wind down this time of day and hit with reminder of no new show by Art tonight.
That's so sad. And so avoidable.

bateman

A soft Australian accent is putting me to sleep.

lonevoice

I had a random stupid dream last night.  I was in a small group of people standing behind a velvet rope barrier watching Rudy Giuliani in a casual sit-down interview with a member of the print media.  Giuliani was relaxed, charming and witty.   When I caught his eye, I told him, "I voted for you Rudy!"  He nodded his head ever-so-slightly and replied, "That's nice, thank you." 

What's random is that I'm completely indifferent towards Giuliani, and have nothing but neutral feelings about him, if at all.  He's never been on any ballot I've ever filled out.  He doesn't look like anyone I know, nor does he remind me of anyone I know.  There's no reason for me to have a dream about Rudy Giuliani, nor ascribe positive attributes to him.  Therefore this dream is not only random, but stupid.

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 06, 2013, 12:03:32 PM
Word to the weird. Shit happens. Shit happens more and stranger during mercury retrograde. It furthers one to take extra care in keeping one's balance through the 10th day.

Chine

Quote from: Sardondi on November 06, 2013, 05:53:50 PM
That's so sad. And so avoidable.

Sad? Nah, not sad...just was a brief reminder. My husband and I are out on the back porch with the dogs. Crickets chirping and we're just talking about anything that pops into our heads...films, books, something my mother said and we bust out laughing. It's beautiful...the furthest thing from sad.

lonevoice

Quote from: Chine on November 06, 2013, 07:31:32 PM
Sad? Nah, not sad...just was a brief reminder. My husband and I are out on the back porch with the dogs. Crickets chirping and we're just talking about anything that pops in our heads...films, books, something my mother said and we bust out laughing. It's beautiful...the furthest thing from sad.
Chine, this might make you guys smile, too.  Go here:  http://live.artbell.com:8303/stream and you can help Art and Paul test a live stream of the Las Vegas Air Traffic Control tower.  How's that for random?

Chine

Quote from: lonevoice on November 06, 2013, 07:34:41 PM
Chine, this might make you guys smile, too.  Go here:  http://live.artbell.com:8303/stream and you can help Art and Paul test a live stream of the Las Vegas Air Traffic Control tower.  How's that for random?

LV. Omg. That's the best! Thanks for posting this. :)

Heather Wade

Forgot all about retro-mercury this time of year.   ::)  It will be over on the 10th of Nov, which means communications will get smoother by the 12th or 13th. 

Chine

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 06, 2013, 07:41:47 PM
Forgot all about retro-mercury this time of year.   ::)

It's not just Merc rx. There's a cast of other planets on stage for cosmic hopscotch. Also, solar eclipse just occurred. Merc rx is little potatoes compared but it's Merc rx in Scorpio..which is a different pair of pants (than Merc in Cancer, Taurus, etc. These pants have stingers...and require deep exploration of mucking through crap, digging in further. Ok.. Moon was VOC Void of Course) today also. Meaning the Moon had no pants. So...nothing gets done with ease. . . Or rather, more difficult to land plans. Moon VOC is dreamy, reflective, floaty transit.

Communication will be direct and clear when Merc goes direct...smoother and sweeter? Eh...depends on what other planet transits occur in weeks following. Saturn and Pluto will kick your ass harder than any Mercury rx. Ouch.

Sardondi

Sad? Nah, not sad...just was a brief reminder. My husband and I are out on the back porch with the dogs. Crickets chirping and we're just talking about anything that pops into our heads...films, books, something my mother said and we bust out laughing. It's beautiful...the furthest thing from sad.
That's the healthiest thing I've read here in the last two days.

Quote from: lonevoice on November 06, 2013, 07:08:17 PM
I had a random stupid dream last night.  I was in a small group of people standing behind a velvet rope barrier watching Rudy Giuliani in a casual sit-down interview with a member of the print media.  Giuliani was relaxed, charming and witty.   When I caught his eye, I told him, "I voted for you Rudy!"  He nodded his head ever-so-slightly and replied, "That's nice, thank you." 

What's random is that I'm completely indifferent towards Giuliani, and have nothing but neutral feelings about him, if at all.  He's never been on any ballot I've ever filled out.  He doesn't look like anyone I know, nor does he remind me of anyone I know.  There's no reason for me to have a dream about Rudy Giuliani, nor ascribe positive attributes to him.  Therefore this dream is not only random, but stupid.
..and that's the most human and funny!

lonevoice

Quote from: Sardondi on November 06, 2013, 09:22:14 PM
..and that's the most human and funny!
I'm glad it made you smile, something I always count as a good day.

Quote from: lonevoice on November 06, 2013, 07:34:41 PM

Am I wrong for wanting so badly for a UFO to come across their air field? Now that would be awesome.

I so envy you the back porch. It's getting cold in NY and the last cricket is gone, but the autumn is mellow in the way the sun has changed to a more golden look. Driving under a tunnel of red, yellow and orange trees has been even more breathtaking this year. We're having a great foliage year, unlike last year when Sandy came to town.

Nice evening. My sister too me out to dinner to the best Chinese  in town. Had the Moo Goo Gaipan with chicken, a shot of Glenlivets. We discussed Thanksgiving and Christmas  and the Nephews and Nieces coming for those. She said everyone was going to use their talents and make gifts this year. Oddly all day I had been putting up cayenne-vinegar hot sauce in old wine bottles.(something you might have to be southern to understand, used when eating greens of any kind and when eating green beans or field peas). The nephews and nieces all like it so they are at least all getting a fifth or 750ml of it this year. My 66th BD
(I put a couple cloves of garlic, a little Hawaiian red salt , about half a teaspoon of peppercorns in the bottle, stuff the bottle with green and red cayenne peppers, boil some apple cider vinegar, stick a shiskabob skewer in the bottle{prevent thermal shock} and pour boiling vinegar in, wait for air bubbles, top up vinegar, bubbles, vinegar, bubbles, vinegar~~~,cork up, then stick in refrigerator -wait at least a month to use)

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on November 07, 2013, 04:01:55 AM
Nice evening. My sister too me out to dinner to the best Chinese  in town. Had the Moo Goo Gaipan with chicken, a shot of Glenlivets. We discussed Thanksgiving and Christmas  and the Nephews and Nieces coming for those. She said everyone was going to use their talents and make gifts this year. Oddly all day I had been putting up cayenne-vinegar hot sauce in old wine bottles.(something you might have to be southern to understand, used when eating greens of any kind and when eating green beans or field peas). The nephews and nieces all like it so they are at least all getting a fifth or 750ml of it this year. My 66th BD
(I put a couple cloves of garlic, a little Hawaiian red salt , about half a teaspoon of peppercorns in the bottle, stuff the bottle with green and red cayenne peppers, boil some apple cider vinegar, stick a shiskabob skewer in the bottle{prevent thermal shock} and pour boiling vinegar in, wait for air bubbles, top up vinegar, bubbles, vinegar, bubbles, vinegar~~~,cork up, then stick in refrigerator -wait at least a month to use)

When my mother was alive, we'd drive down to Florida and I'd load up on the stuff to bring it back home. Thanks for posting the recipe - I put up a lot of fruits and things. Gonna give this one a try.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 06, 2013, 02:54:28 PM
       My allergies are acting up.

Just allergies? I have a full blown migraine.  ::)

Sardondi

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 07, 2013, 11:39:54 AMJust allergies? I have a full blown migraine.  ::)
My sympathies. I used to have them as a youth when allergies were worse, and today my son has allergy/sinus-initiated migraines perhaps once every week or so. I sympathize so for you both. That crushing, sick headache - bleeeeechhhh.

stevesh

The commissioner of the FDA, which announced today a plan to ban transfats in food, is Margaret Hamburg, M.D.

aldousburbank

A close friend of mine had a son who suicided, then 2+ years later, another son was killed by young street thugs. In doing the math, the days elapsed between the two deaths was the exact amount of days of difference in their ages.

Yesterday I posted some stupid comment about "that's what the people at Pompeii said." Within 5 minutes I got a skype video call from a friend in Philly who held up the tickets she had to go to a special museum exhibit about, and with the bold lettered word, Pompeii. (She's way too smart to know about this forum)

???

ItsOver

Well, you know want this fountain of wisdom has to say about such things, Aldous.

i'm one of those that have fun learning. in my case, it is number one on the fun list. when it is a subject completely new to me, i start simple. this year i had asked myself, where do ideas come from. the short version is that it started with a google search, but is now a bit neurochemistry more.

i was blown away by the complexity of the brain structure and the science that goes along with it. literally just scratching the surface. then on to what each of these structures do... then how they do it.  in many cases, how we think they do it.  i still haven't gotten over the notion of strangeness in a human organ that's studying itself.

i'm still having fun.

Chine

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 08, 2013, 10:28:56 AM
A close friend of mine had a son who suicided, then 2+ years later, another son was killed by young street thugs. In doing the math, the days elapsed between the two deaths was the exact amount of days of difference in their ages.

Yesterday I posted some stupid comment about "that's what the people at Pompeii said." Within 5 minutes I got a skype video call from a friend in Philly who held up the tickets she had to go to a special museum exhibit about, and with the bold lettered word, Pompeii. (She's way too smart to know about this forum)

???

Sorry to hear of your friends and such tragic losses.

Yes, very interesting on the Pompeii synchronicity. The exhibit sounds fascinating.

Sardondi

Signs of the Apocalypse...truly: Woman's dog kidnapped, gang-raped. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2492971/Thieves-gang-rape-pet-dog-owner-tied-outside-Berlin-supermarket.html

Where to begin? It was in Berlin - of course. The city that is the bellwether of decadence run amok. I'd be on the lookout for green fingernail polish and Liza Minnelli.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on November 09, 2013, 11:46:53 AM
Signs of the Apocalypse...truly: Woman's dog kidnapped, gang-raped....

Say what?   :o

Quote from: ItsOver on November 09, 2013, 11:52:22 AM
Say what?   :o

Trying desperately to put the idea of a doggie gang rape out of my mind, let me just sage the corners of the room by stating that it is a beautiful, crisp day in NY, piercing blue skies and all. The foliage peak is over but there are still blazing red and orange trees here and there. It's the perfect day to put on Van Morrison's Into the Mystic, pour a glass of red wine and cozy up with a good book and my lovely, unmolested husky.

Purification almost complete: huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sardondi

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on November 09, 2013, 02:09:33 PMTrying desperately to put the idea of a doggie gang rape out of my mind...
Seriously. Kidnap: okay, as a non-economic crime that's weird enough. Rape of the dog: okay, this is beyond my weird-out boundary. I mean, what the hell?. Gang-rape of the dog: words fail; the mind stumbles; reason teeters over the abyss. How do dog-rapers find each other? How does it ever come up? I mean, are there periodicals like Cat Fancy or Bird-Watcher and you look up on the subway and notice a guy reading your mag, and a conversation follows? "Pardon me, but I can;t help notciing that you have this month's Dog Raper. While I really enjoyed the lead article, Making Your Canine Your Bitch, I thought it wasn't as strong as last month's "Tips For the Big Mama Lovers: What to do when your St. Bernard Changes Her Mind". Hell, I just had a terrible thought: do we even know the gender of the dogs!? Holy moley!

jazmunda

Quote from: guildnavigator on August 18, 2013, 09:36:51 PM
I am looking forward to Art's new program.

If I time travelled back to this date and told you that by November Art would be gone would that harsh your buzz?

Quote from: Sardondi on November 09, 2013, 04:30:31 PM
Seriously. Kidnap: okay, as a non-economic crime that's weird enough. Rape of the dog: okay, this is beyond my weird-out boundary. I mean, what the hell?. Gang-rape of the dog: words fail; the mind stumbles; reason teeters over the abyss. How do dog-rapers find each other? How does it ever come up? I mean, are there periodicals like Cat Fancy or Bird-Watcher and you look up on the subway and notice a guy reading your mag, and a conversation follows? "Pardon me, but I can;t help notciing that you have this month's Dog Raper. While I really enjoyed the lead article, Making Your Canine Your Bitch, I thought it wasn't as strong as last month's "Tips For the Big Mama Lovers: What to do when your St. Bernard Changes Her Mind". Hell, I just had a terrible thought: do we even know the gender of the dogs!? Holy moley!

Dog Fanciers Monthly: When Woof Means No: Training Your Jack Russell in the Use of Safe Barks

Depravity, such a quaint concept.