• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

albrecht

Anthrax cancelled tonight's show for some medical reasons. 40th reunion tour. BLS and Hatebreed will still have the show but, frankly, not sure I'm going to deal with parking etc since Anthrax (likely on a list in Utah for confirming this) was the main draw for me. I'm getting old, I guess. Hope all is ok with them.

albrecht

Quote from: Asuka Langley on August 10, 2022, 04:53:26 PM>when SJW's find out

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjIg7L89KSE
Lest I offend or interfere with Bush, Obama, and Bush and Trump policies or any local elections this looks more like some ceremonial deal, not simply a hunger issue. Though some Ibo-etc beliefs can merge both. One thing is I'm sure Art would be horrified, despite his likes for Asians he was really against feline abuse (eating or religious- combinations.)

K_Dubb

Mormon youth group in a giant hefty bag learning about the barges built by the Jaredites in the Book of Ether

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvVkF7o2hZA 

Watch for the very fat man at the end.  The Book of Mormon is So. Cool.

If you happen to have one of these Craftsman 1000 watt halogen work lights this change to LED might be worth doing. I just changed mine - was hesitant to lose my 1000 watts of sun like power but the fragility of the halogen bulbs and the ungodly heat they throw off finally drove me to do it.   Light works like a charm and is bright enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cykeKg853WQ

314 Celsius is insane:

Now I am getting all sorts of groovy Mormon things recommended in my Youtube feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-PquiphPqE

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 12, 2022, 12:02:21 PMNow I am getting all sorts of groovy Mormon things recommended in my Youtube feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-PquiphPqE
Wait for the knock on the door. These can be limited, if so desired, by mentioning ancient midwest mounds and Welsh discovers therein. I'm told the Viking stuff is a now no-go because Runes and 'giants' are now a part of modern television culture and the Missionaries are down with explanations. And too much focus on Indians brings in legal stuff and offends the racists who want whitey to be founders/builders of everything. But the Welsh will throws them off. If in strong distress cite some "Bill from Madison" Finnish-Urgic linguistic theories and pre-modern mining and cabin-building techniques, can even devolve to reindeer/caribou and why herding didn't occur in some cultures. That, usually, gets them. If not you got a solid Missionary and I want to subscribe to his newsletter and he hear frantically calling C2C. Invite to SardineFest.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 12, 2022, 12:31:20 PMWait for the knock on the door. These can be limited, if so desired, by mentioning ancient midwest mounds and Welsh discovers therein. I'm told the Viking stuff is a now no-go because Runes and 'giants' are now a part of modern television culture and the Missionaries are down with explanations. And too much focus on Indians brings in legal stuff and offends the racists who want whitey to be founders/builders of everything. But the Welsh will throws them off. If in strong distress cite some "Bill from Madison" Finnish-Urgic linguistic theories and pre-modern mining and cabin-building techniques, can even devolve to reindeer/caribou and why herding didn't occur in some cultures. That, usually, gets them. If not you got a solid Missionary and I want to subscribe to his newsletter and he hear frantically calling C2C. Invite to SardineFest.

The usual explanation offered as to why herding didn't develop in the Americas (aside from llamas in Peru, I suppose) is that there were no suitable animals.  Of course there were horses and camels which were actually native to North America when the first people came over from Asia but the general consensus is that they ate them all.  Dogs, though, were kept all over for food and for their fur which was woven and for dragging things on sledges which kind of meets those needs anyway though we balk at the suggestion for cultural reasons.

The Mayans actually qualify as one of the "cradles of civilization" having developed writing and cities, including one with a pyramid larger by volume than the Great Pyramid of Giza though it's mostly dirt, and I'd say given their late start versus the Indus Vally, Mesopotamia, Egypt and the Chinese they were doing pretty good.  Certainly their flint-knapping makes the Europeans look like Oog Ug the caveman by comparison.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 12, 2022, 12:02:21 PMNow I am getting all sorts of groovy Mormon things recommended in my Youtube feed.
Sorry haha

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 13, 2022, 10:28:44 AMThe usual explanation offered as to why herding didn't develop in the Americas (aside from llamas in Peru, I suppose) is that there were no suitable animals.  Of course there were horses and camels which were actually native to North America when the first people came over from Asia but the general consensus is that they ate them all.  Dogs, though, were kept all over for food and for their fur which was woven and for dragging things on sledges which kind of meets those needs anyway though we balk at the suggestion for cultural reasons.

The Mayans actually qualify as one of the "cradles of civilization" having developed writing and cities, including one with a pyramid larger by volume than the Great Pyramid of Giza though it's mostly dirt, and I'd say given their late start versus the Indus Vally, Mesopotamia, Egypt and the Chinese they were doing pretty good.  Certainly their flint-knapping makes the Europeans look like Oog Ug the caveman by comparison.

I recently went to a lecture about the Sami. I tried to get into details about languages and "Bill from Wisconsin's" frequent claims about Finns. He was impressed by a bit taken aback by some theories I told. These so-called professors don't believe the runestones and tales of giants or white tribes in the Americas. Prester John and all the Vikings, Welsh, and even Egyptians. He did go into the phenomena of the Sami (and their importation of the phenomena of the modern American Christmas depictions. Apparently some were even bandied about to promote the sales of reindeer meat to US/Canadian markets. Still some left but disputes over natives, laws, disease, and American palates didn't lead to great success for the idea.
http://reindeer.salrm.uaf.edu/about_reindeer/history.php

Asuka Langley

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 12, 2022, 11:44:28 AMIf you happen to have one of these Craftsman 1000 watt halogen work lights this change to LED might be worth doing. I just changed mine - was hesitant to lose my 1000 watts of sun like power but the fragility of the halogen bulbs and the ungodly heat they throw off finally drove me to do it.  Light works like a charm and is bright enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cykeKg853WQ

314 Celsius is insane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2fck1FREJ4

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on August 15, 2022, 05:53:03 AMWow.Good news for once.  Back to bad news:
@phennommennonn

electricfied feminine sanitary products
Ha! "The power of graphene and a sanitary napkin!"

News you can use!

pate

For the above song substitute every instance of the word "GOLD" with "BOLD," TIA.

-p

The first run is slow and exploratory. The following runs are FAST! 4 seconds.

In 1914,Germany puts on some shades and goes wild.

K_Dubb

Prominent Swede declares Finland "leader of the Nordics" without asking us

https://twitter.com/ChPalme/status/1562118907858747392

I guess all those years of NATO membership, putting up with joint exercises and hosting NATO forces and bureaucratic wrangling and bullshit meant nothing  >:(

#FucktheSwedes

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 25, 2022, 10:56:25 AMProminent Swede declares Finland "leader of the Nordics" without asking us

https://twitter.com/ChPalme/status/1562118907858747392

I guess all those years of NATO membership, putting up with joint exercises and hosting NATO forces and bureaucratic wrangling and bullshit meant nothing  >:(

#FucktheSwedes

Is everyone in Sweden named Palme? Wtf?

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 25, 2022, 12:33:33 PMIs everyone in Sweden named Palme? Wtf?

Well I think he is related to those ones.  Which explains his prominence; all of Swedish society is an moribund turnip-headed fermented swine's-trough of incestuous glad-handing and graft.

#FucktheSwedes

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 25, 2022, 01:09:25 PMall of Swedish society is an moribund turnip-headed fermented swine's-trough of incestuous glad-handing and graft.

Can confirm.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 25, 2022, 01:09:25 PMWell I think he is related to those ones.  Which explains his prominence; all of Swedish society is an moribund turnip-headed fermented swine's-trough of incestuous glad-handing and graft.

#FucktheSwedes
I will only associate with Swedes on those occasions when I'm fishing or hunting with some buddies and start to run out of beer and the Swedish Bikini Team decides to show up with some cases of Old Milwaukee to save the day.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 25, 2022, 02:34:35 PMI will only associate with Swedes on those occasions when I'm fishing or hunting with some buddies and start to run out of beer and the Swedish Bikini Team decides to show up with some cases of Old Milwaukee to save the day.

The SWEDES are disgusting people look at their stupid KING he is a DISGRACE

and they are always DRINKING with this absurd look of self-satisfaction on their UGLY FACES

stupid king

K_Dubb

More creepy SWEDISH DRINKING

Have you ever seen anything more REVOLTING  look at him licking his blubberlips as he SWIGS

makes me RETCH bunch of effing SWIGGERS all of them with a HARD R need to be rounded up and put in a HOLE  >:(